Started playing this game about a month ago. Holy fuck is the original game a drag

Started playing this game about a month ago. Holy fuck is the original game a drag.
However, I really love the dungeons and the raids in this game. Worth suffering through the horrid weeb shit and the ass horrid leveling.

I'm level 31 Archer, level 12 Pugilist right now, trying to get my bard. The game's a bit confusing a points.

Any tips on starting a new class? Like, should I be doing levemetes or just trying to find low level quests instead?
I'm playing on the PS4, any way to measure my performance in DPS or whatever else?

Also, the quests don't seem to give me much gear at all. Do I just buy the shit that's available at vendors? The game is a bit overwhelming.

Attached: ARR.jpg (700x394, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Seventh_Astral_Era_Quests
twitter.com/AnonBabble

people kept telling me "it gets better" and I quit halfway through heavensward because it never actually got better. I think the 200 or so quests youre forced to do in between ARR and heavensward is the worst time I have spent in any game, ever.

Pretty much. I totally forgot how annoying the quests up to Heavensward were. Literally all my friends including my brother end up dropping the game close to Heavensward beacuse it's just too much garbage to plough through.

Doesn't help that the writing is awful. However, playing with a few close friends helps me ease the pain of those 200 FUCKING QUESTS.

I know what you mean though.

>I'm level 31 Archer, level 12 Pugilist right now, trying to get my bard.
You don't need to level other classes to get BRD anymore. Level 30 Archer is all you need. Same applies to the other jobs,

>Any tips on starting a new class? Like, should I be doing levemetes or just trying to find low level quests instead?
Levemetes and Palace of the Dead, also levelling roulette.

>I'm playing on the PS4, any way to measure my performance in DPS or whatever else?
Not that I'm aware of, unless you count 'Stone, Sky, Sea'.

>Also, the quests don't seem to give me much gear at all. Do I just buy the shit that's available at vendors? The game is a bit overwhelming.
You can buy gear from vendors for now.
When you hit level 45 your job quests will start to feed you iLvl 45 gear apart from the body piece, and at level 50 it will give you iLvl 90 gear, effectively obsoleting the gear it just gave you 5 levels ago.
From there you can use your poetics to purchase Ironworks gear (iLvl 120) from Auriana in Mor Dhona.

I’m at the part where I’m fighting leviathan right now (DPS queue lol)

How long do I have to go before I can finally unlock gun man and yugioh healer?

Attached: 363D6FD4-3A9F-4E85-884E-26470CA299FD.jpg (217x154, 16K)

This.
Only the instances were remotely fun, and even then it was impossible to find a party for the hardest modes because it is dead content, and the story/easy mode got old after the first time.

main quest on one character
roulette + PotD spam on everyone else

the only reason I got through it was because the itch to grind, was really fucking itchy

POTD spamming is just doing floors 51-60 right?

You mean I've been suffering through the Pugilist for nothing? Fuck...

Thanks for the tips, user.

potd spamming until you get up to that floor, then spamming 51-60 repetitively

Command missions are faster than PotD.

i was thinking of playing this since i havent played an mmo in years.
how do you play through all the early story stuff?
are there still enough new players or whatever to get through those dungeons and stuff?

after you beat Leviathan you're roughly 2/5th's (barely) of the way to getting into Ishgard.

>doing of the palace of the dead literally fucking ever
Tanks and healers just do roulettes and dungeons and dps do squadrons/roulettes

there's a bunch of roulettes that higher level players do for their rewards, for instance 'Level Roulette' will match you with whoever is currently queued for a leveling dungeon

What the legitimate fuck?

At least red mage and samurai were in Uldah, disappointed I won’t be able to start leveling the two classes I wanted to try most very soon.

You are at 'Lord of the Whorl'
ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Seventh_Astral_Era_Quests
You need to have completed 'Before the Dawn' in order to unlock Ishgard, where you can unlock both Machinist and Astrologian.

>I really love the dungeons and the raids
>Level 31

Attached: 1547715910015.jpg (1175x1080, 412K)

Wait, there's other prereqs for the Red Mage? Fuck, I wanted to start that class as soon as I turned 50...

Attached: 1477241391696.jpg (211x246, 20K)

pretty sure red mage/sam require you to complete the original end of the story (the first level 50 msq you get).

I think you just need to finish the 2.0 story quests for RDM/SAM so after you kill Ultima Weapon.
AST/DRK on the other hand you also have to do all the follow up MSQs until the start of 3.0 to gain access to Ishgard. It's kind of retarded in my opinion.

That's because you were late. It makes sense for DRK and MCH to be locked in Ishgard, AST slightly less so.
The only reason they stopped doing this with new jobs is because people will piss and moan about all the MSQ they have to get through to play the shiny new thing, so now all new jobs will start in a beginner zone to appease retards

My bad user I phrased that shitty.

RDM and SAM can be unlocked as soon as you finish the main story and hit level 50. The heavensword classes require you to jump through even more BS to start them.

>be new
>see qeues, take one for the team and go tank
>lumped together with bored lvl 70s who pull everything, don't give you a break and berate you for being new and not knowing everything in advance

holy trinity mmos were a mistake

i doubt this happened, if you're the tank in 4man dungeons unless you're high enough level where you should be pulling everything (50+), basically no one pulls anything if they're not the tank.

If you did a 24 man raid then literally nothing you do matters so just roll with it.

Oh good, I won't need to put myself through more shit.

imagine making me, a player who has thousand of hours into the game and has repeated the same dungeons over and over again, waste time because you don't feel like pulling everything
I have the right to pull if you don't and kick you if I suspect it's gonna take more than 15 minutes to clear the duty
watch a guide before queueing for the first time and then pull

>suffering through the Pugilist
Hey, man. Atleast PGL has one of the better job class questlines. At least until you hit MNK and it goes to shit.

>Any tips
Challenge Log
Challenge Log
Challenge Log
ARR leveling is absolutely braindead easy now if you just get your sources of supplemental EXP. You have to hit I think 15 and there's a quest in the Limsa bar that'll unlock Challenge Log, which gives you free money and exp weekly for doing shit you're gonna do anyway.
That and duty roulette can carry you to or near 50 in a week. The real slog isn't leveling, it's clearning the MSQ.

>liking the ARR dungeons
That will change in time. They're a fun experience when you do them the first time, and maybe a couple times after while you apply your newfound knowledge. But for anyone who's been playing the game a while, when you queue for leveling roulette you fucking dread the risk of getting thousand maws or totorak, or aurum vale, or fucking sastasha. It's sad how it's not even an issue of not having your skills the dungeons are just dogshit all the way to the end.

I just can't stand melee fists only classes. I wanna wield cool shit and cast fucking hadoukens left and right.

Imagine having such a short attention span.

idc desu. people have the right to be new and do everything blind for the first time just like players did on release day. why do you believe your time to be more precious than mine? if the game doesn't show a warning popup saying you should only queue if you know all the boss mechs in and out and are able to pull the whole dungeon at once, everything is fair game to me. fuck your made up conventions. no wonder the queues are fucked.

I've probably done more dungeons than you and I never mind taking my time when a tank is new.
Lets face it, we've spent thousands of hours in Final Fantasy 14, our time is not important, there's no rush.

your right of slowing down the run ends with my right of speeding it up
>I don't mind clearing a dungeon I've already cleared 500 times in 30 minutes!
here's your (You)

>I'm in a hurry to finish this dungeon so I can go back to Limsa and jerk off to my character

1.0 was better

Attached: FFXIV_1532445867.jpg (3840x2160, 2.24M)

t. boomer

sounds like me with the starter edition. i ended up just not giving a fuck and skipping cutscenes around 30ish.

good to know though. thats a shit ton of quests in the expansions and i am glad i skipped