*slaps 2 confidents and a shoe horned party member on a current gen title*

*slaps 2 confidents and a shoe horned party member on a current gen title*
>$59.99 DOLLAH GAIJIN!

how did Atlus get away with this?

Attached: Persona-5-The-Royal_2019_04-24-19_000[1].jpg (600x337, 90K)

Because it sells and they do it all the time.

But they've also shown that palaces were revamped big times, that major story events were changed, new confidants meaning new personas, they confirmed a new semester, they've shown new locations and confirmed new music. Why didn't you mention all that aswell?

Because nusona fans are literally retarded excuse-making babies who will eat and slop thrown their way if it means they get to feel a little less alone for a week.

Attached: 1556157430628.png (1776x2045, 3.21M)

same way nintendo gets away with it

>a remaster of a game with better graphics, quality of life, and additional story elements shouldn't cost full price
If you don't like it, don't buy it
It's for people who want the best version of Persona 5, where it isn't gimped by the PS3

Having never played a game in the Persona series, should I just buy 5 or should I wait and buy P5R?

emulate 3 fes

4 is a pretty decent starting point if you actually want to wait for p5r. after 4 move onto literally any other persona game I guess.

>*slaps one different pokemon on a mobile game*
>$69.99 DOLLAH GAIJIN!

Its MORE than 59 dollars in Japan so far.

>Nusona
>posts mitsuru

kek

I started with P4G and my first impression was "What is this terrible jpop shit?"

Here's your money, thanks again atlus.

play 3 at least, I would recommend 2 as well but you can play that after 5 without it feeling super dated. you could also play 4 instead of 3 because they're pretty similar but the tone is completely different, I far prefer 3 but it's pretty subjective. 5 is the best out of 3/4/5 by far mechanically and presentation wise but it falls flat in most other places. hopefully 5R fixes some of it, the gameplay in all of them is literally simpler than pokemon or pretty much any other rpg so the other shit is pretty important.

This is worse than pokemon by a mile

>release two slightly different versions of the same game that only an autist would buy both of
>bundled versions eventually come out but they're hardly any different from the duologies, you just get access to a few new pokemon and one new legendary usually, so only an autist would care
>the separate versions were designed in the first place as a way to get kids trading with one another and socializing which is a neat idea
vs.
>purposely don't finish your game so you can resell it three years later
>release the new version on the exact same system as last time
>don't allow people who own the base game to get the new content as DLC for no reason other than money

Pokemon still pulls some scumfuck moves, US/UM in particular being a real fuck you, but for the most part there's not much reason to care about the different editions. Whereas here, my copy of vanilla P5 is literally going to be obsolete because Royal will undoubtedly be the new canon that all spinoffs are based off of. Again, for no reason beyond the fact that Atlus know selling the new content as DLC means less money for them.

I hope there's a nice collector's edition

Simple, you keep buying you retard

>If you don't like it, don't buy it
>if you don't like these inarguably scummy anti-consumer policies, just don't buy it, meanwhile I will buy it and tell Atlus that I'm okay with them fucking me up the ass and make sure they continue this practice in the future with all their games

lol

Attached: 1556360917865.jpg (626x625, 112K)

>>purposely don't finish your game so you can resell it three years later
yeah that's what happened
they purposely didnt finish the game so they could resell it three years later
fucking retard

>Pirates your game
Nothin' personal jap!

Attached: 1556311633713.jpg (666x375, 24K)

it's okay when japan does poor consumer practices

thanks for the advise. i'll try to get 3 and 4 in sometime. Busy times coming up so hopefully they don't take too much time to finish

>he unironically, in 2019, doesn't think this is what Atlus is doing

Oh yeah, they just had Haru as a complete after thought with no character arc because they thought it'd be funny lol
It's not like execs told them to rush the game out before it was finished and went "we'll just sell it again later when you're done" like every AAA game of the past decade

Attached: 1556586529689.png (998x876, 103K)

Truly the jiro of videogames

Not that user, but how is it anti-consumer? Convince me not to buy it. I'm already on the fence about it.

Attached: 1479697548676.png (480x480, 148K)

god I love Sora Shiina... sucks that she's gay though.

All their other rereleases have some justification as fully new releases. Nocturne Maniax and FES were on the PS2, you couldn't exactly release DLC. Full Body is a port, Strange Journey Redux is a port, etc. Not ideal situations, but it's understandable.

Royal, however, is literally on the exact same system as the base game
There's no excusable reason for the new content not to be available as DLC
Owners of the vanilla game are effectively being charged 60 dollars for an expansion pack

Even if you don't own the base game, it's 20 bucks right now, meaning they're valuing expansion as 40 bucks
And on no earth would I pay 40 goddamn dollary doos for an expansion, that's highway fucking robbery if you know anything about where the expenses of developing a video game actually come from
It's understandable to buy it now if you've never owned it, but it's still not exactly economic

Attached: 1552079713690.png (2852x2502, 1.68M)

This was acceptable in the PS2 days but in the age of DLC, this content is worth no more than a $20 downloadable expansion

that makes sense, couldn't we see more value in the story changes? I get that it could have just been DLC though, but how much would that have cost? If they added more costumes too would that also add to that price? and new personas? Considering what we have now, what would be a good value for you? Ignoring that the dungeons may be different, ranging from drastically to very minor like we saw in the trailers, and any possible QoL changes.

Why do you pretend yellow, crystal, emerald, and platinum dont exist?

Unless they rewrite the whole game, I just don't see how they can add anything else to the story. They could barely give Haru any focus. Is the game just gonna get padded by a month or two?

Attached: MayaISannoy.png (153x144, 20K)

Can you update them?
Can't say the same about US/UM

Why did the protagonist leave his friends to go back to the parents that thew him away and didn't believe him?

>buying a persona game on initial release
when will you people learn?

Attached: __shirogane_naoto_persona_x_detective_and_etc_drawn_by_shouyu_no_otomo__2c1d1b09386258b4fb6084882eb1 (600x1000, 289K)

I don't think you understand where most of the money in game development ultimately goes. Basic cutscenes and model animations aren't ultimately that complex. Game development money is in building/tailoring an engine, designing broad gameplay systems, things like that. The entire foundation of P5 is already made, the template for what a month is in the game is done. Making three more months is paltry business, relatively speaking.

For example, P5's costume DLC is an utter fucking scam
Eight bucks for a set of costumes that share the same textures and a couple of sound files switched out in the battles is like, a couple of days worth of work for a few people at most
The industry has just blinded consumers so hard on the actual value of their products so much that they can get away with charging double what something is worth, if not more

Let me put it this way: the base game cost 60 dollars on release. This expansion, again, is being valued at 40. Am I seriously to fucking believe that this expansion is equal to 2/3 the amount of content of the base game? Because I absolutely do not fucking believe that for an instant.

i literally mentioned those but okay lol

Attached: 1534734059505.png (564x661, 348K)

hello Switch owner

P5 was many people's first Persona game. They have yet to learn of Atlus's retarded practices

his still underage so he have to do what his parents say.

I bought it on release because I figured if there were a rerelease, it'd be on a handheld like Golden was and I could ignore it, or that it would come out as DLC because literally why the fuck wouldn't it

Guess I had too much faith in modern Atlus to not try and jew me as hard as they could

Attached: 1547331080788.jpg (607x607, 127K)

Mmm Switch salt

>a remaster of a game with better graphics
>a remaster of a year-old game

>expecting Atlus to change

And after as many remakes and rereleases user has still not learnt his lesson

I will gladly pay another $60 to eat lunch with Kasumi.

Attached: Kasumi lunch.jpg (1920x1080, 1.17M)

It's not a remaster

Hey guys I'm at the last-last dungeon and I was wondering if anybody could explain why they decided to make the entire last fifth of the game complete fucking dogshit? Seems like a weird design decision to me.

the biggest question from me is will I be able to import my original file? I will gladly double dip on this if I don't have to fuck around with stats and shit again

Attached: D47aFwdU8AIvjAG.jpg (480x467, 21K)

What would you define as the last fifth?

Preorder the deluxe day one royal collectors complete goty edition

Because it was delayed for 3-4 years and they ran out of the money required to give a shit

Around the start of Shido's palace, I guess it might be closer to a sixth or seventh

bad bait.

You just don't like mazes.

>switch user mad they got btfo
Literally everyone’s hyped even SMT bros

Attached: EE969C4C-62F7-4748-9347-9D176A5F7D80.jpg (1110x1056, 112K)

>even SMT bros
No, we're not.

It's amazing how long the game is and how many things about it feel rerelease bait.
I know the dancing games are shitty spinoffs but the amount of paid DLC before the game was even out was insane. If they can get away with scummy business practices they will.

Gachas have proven weebs to be the easiest fucking people to milk since EAtards.

>FES
>GOLDEN
>FULL BODY
"WTF HOW DID THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS"

Attached: 1549399409704.jpg (1024x615, 100K)

>a 40 hour expansion/continuation released before DLC was a thing
>an expansion released on a completely different system four years later
>an expansion released eight years later on a completely different system
yeah it's a little different friend

You're the reason it's still working

>yfw they will make people pay for the old DLC because they added costumes for Kasumi

>it's okay when pokemon does it

I've bought literally none of those games except FES because it was out before I even knew P3 existed. Beside the fact that I have no idea how you can't see the difference here. Yeah rereleasing games rather than making new ones is lame, but there's absolutely a line between porting a game and adding new content, and literally just selling the same game again with an expansion pack a couple years later.

You'll get another 150 hours out of it, it will add more new content alone than most games have to begin with.

Especially when things like the cafeteria events were already available in the game files, I'm starting to think they purposefully stopped working on certain content because they knew they would add it in Royal.

Can I just update the game for half price?

There weren't enough shujin characters to justify the lunch events in the original p5, it's not like p3 or p4 where the vast majority of the characters and social links went to the same school. We still don't know if they added that back in or if it's just a one time thing.

>another 150 hours
Yeah because time equals quality. Charge me 60 bucks to continue being told to go to bed for three months and walking into restaurants to boost my charm. As if it costs them any more than a pittance to toss together the amount of content they're making and charging 60 dollars for.

no.

i atleast hope you can reload with an old save. i rather not have loss all my money, social skills and my 100% compendium.

>>a remaster of a game with better graphics, quality of life, and additional story elements shouldn't cost full price

Correct.

>I'm starting to think they purposefully stopped working on certain content
Pretty obviously. They know at this point they're going to be doing releases, it'd benefit them to cut whatever content they deem unnecessary until they can rake in the cash from release.

>SMT bros are hype about their game being cancelled
Sounds like a pretty cucked fanbase

And people will think it that since the price is so inflated, it must be worth it.

SMTfags can't help but embarrass themselves in these threads, just ignore em

You know something, I REALLY like the Japanese font.

So where does this extra month fit in? I'm guessing it's after you beat the game where that huge gap was obviously for this DLC, i mean new game.

You are at the shrine instead of jail the first of January, so I'm guessing something weird happens on the night of the New Year

I stopped buying Atlus games because of it. It's just complete bullshit

Not likely since every palace has been revamped and the third arc has abit more events they would want you to experience them fresh

Attached: 15520076948901.jpg (846x1200, 138K)

If it's anything like Golden it will be worth it.

Annoying as Marie is she fixed the games lategame shit pacing/story without actually removing you know who form the final Dungeon.

I would at least be appreciative if I could import my fresh new game+ file, I loved Persona 5, but the thought of grinding stats and fusing a load of persona's again just sounds tedious
hell I would be happy if I could just import stats but importing requires you to start from the beginning or some shit
I know Persona 3 let you import into FES, so i was just curious.

P5R is being released for a different system though.

At least, that's the conclusion I've come to, since every time I recommend P5 for their PS4 library, Yea Forums is always quick to remind me that it's actually a PS3 game.

Stats and the compendium are the only things that are a must import for me. I'm hopeful since FES let you import that stuff.

>80% of the game is already done
>still charge full price
i'm sure oyu defend $40 season passes too you fucking retard

this, I don't mind for a first playthrough, but on a second its just obnoxious busywork that I really hope I can just avoid altogether

I would gladly pay another $60 to eat out Kasumi for lunch.

I fucking loathe it when Pokemon does it too. It is unironically what made me fall out of Pokemon.

So they conned us by selling a full game then releasing what is in effect a better, practically a brand new game even, for full price with none of the new shit as DLC for the first buyers, Jesus Christ it's Atlus whos the thieves

sounds basically identical to what happens to Monster Hunter with G rank and now that MH's 'modernized' (as has Persona) they're of course releasing G rank as a dlc option.

I think you meant eat out WITH Kasumi

>effectively being charged 60 dollars for an expansion pack
Not just an expansion pack the new changes pretty much form a brand new game, same with Golden, but it's a brand new game where 90% of the story content (the core feature) has already been seen, possibly multiple times, the the first adopters, and to access the new shit they have to slog though the story and confidants again.

I agree it's a shitty business practice. But if you didn't see this coming when they've done it for literally EVERY Persona game then you are, in fact, a complete moron.

Same way Gamefreak does every single time, I guess.

They've done it with every persona game under different circumstances that made it more understandable. You can't download an expansion for a PS2 game, and they weren't going to release Golden on PS2 in 2012.

This is just nonsensical, if anything it's prohibitive to fans who WOULD buy it as an expansion but not as a new release.

>and to access the new shit they have to slog though the story and confidants again.
I didn't even think about this. My first playthrough was over 100 hours, I think. I might've left it running once or twice by accident, but that's still a lot of fucking time. And my PS4 an hero'd. I think i'll just sit this one out.

Why do you think veterans have to slog through old content to get to the new stuff? I'm 99% confident that you can transfer saves. After all, there's an option to have a save file on the network in P5. Easy transfer.

At least with FES you could jump right into the epilogue without even touching the main game since that was where all of the new story is, with Golden and Royal you HAVE to play through the entire game again to get to the new story bits. It's pretty fucking evil all things considered

how the fuck are they added new confidants again? theyve used literally all 22 of the tarot cards.

Always wait for the director's cut version of Persona games. Play FES (though its very overrated and also hasn't aged well), Golden (the only really good Persona game) and then Royal if you absolutely want to (it kinda sucks though). Don't bother with 1 and 2.

>you can transfer saves. After all, there's an option to have a save file on the network in P5. Easy transfer.
You still have to play the game, the new shit isn't an epilogue but woven into the story. Imagine having to do all of the exciting new shit but you're also grossly overpowers so it holds no excitement

I haven't played Perdona 5 yet. I do love the persona series and persona 5 has always looked so good to me...
There's also a reason to buy a playstation 4 with it. I could get
Gravity rush 1+2
The Kingdom Hearts series
and finally this game.
That's more than enough justification to get a ps4 now.

The content is spread around the whole game

Also get Bloodborne, Yakuza 0, DMC5 and RE2.

>add another female character
>its another chestlet
would it kill them to have some variety?

I mean, P3P just replaced some old SLs with new ones.

So it's settled. Apple juice doc will replace back alley doc, and Kasumi will replace Hifumi.

Do you seriously take bust size into consideration when deciding on variety? Grow up

I want to fuck Morgana

You will, since the new girl will be playable.
Fuck you, she will!

>one PS4 exclusive and 3 PC games
Are you retarded?

She's a Japanese 15 year old. None of them have titties.

>its ok when pokemon does it

New guy is a new arcana called the Consultant what ever that means

Because Persona made its own genre and there aren't similar games with the same level of polish.
The base game is already more than 100 hour long I played 3 years ago.

>2011 was 8 years ago

Attached: 1555908634034.gif (500x324, 2.49M)

The real crime isnt even the fact they are charging full price for what should be DLC memes, the true fucking shenanigans is the autistic fucking release schedule.

Attached: vmhtg.jpg (150x150, 4K)

Don't expect it to be better in 3 or 5.

Is that why she wears red gloves too? I mean, up till now no two characters had the same colored gloves. Seems odd to break that consistency.

That was just a first impression yo. I learned to like P4 songs. The singer is very cute. P5 songs are just groovy. It gets a high score. The P3 songs are garbage though

>59.99 US DOLLARS for fucking DLC
>even worse, people are defending this

Attached: 1556321550716.png (164x202, 4K)

>but Nintendo!
No one is defending Pokemon either. And the one time they tried it with FE, everyone rightfully shit on them for it

what? its early 2020.

I think Fates was a special case though, because playing the canonical story would cost $60 total, no matter what version you bought.

>but it's got some new anime slut so retards will buy it and ensure atlus will do this for every game forever

Attached: 1547794009705.jpg (1048x1104, 184K)

P5 is a last gen title though.

>infinite supply of new anime sluts
Life is good.

>>purposely don't finish your game so you can resell it three years later
Where's the proof, might as well say P3 was unfinished too
GF is as Bad as atlus