After completing the hardest challenge of VVVVVV

I can officially declare this game a piece of shit. Holy fucking cringeola, what a piece of garbage. Is this what Yea Forums shilled back in 2010? All those threads I remember? Fuck you Yea Forums, I only played this recently for the trading cards and now I'm done with this turd.

Attached: fiM8QPv.png (1666x1007, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WX8ZeZJqOE0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

keep this thread alive i'm gonna show this guy how to play this masterpiece, give or take like 10 minutes?

and also starting from the beginning like a chad would

Attached: 20190430004751_1.jpg (958x712, 215K)

Game still sucks no matter how you play it

Attached: vvvvvv sucks dick.png (1487x840, 27K)

Bumping just for you, user.
;)

Oh shit, I'm sorry

why wouldn't this board shill a game literally named V?

get good faggot
'preciate it

Attached: 20190430005058_1.jpg (958x712, 255K)

>get good faggot

I did get good and the game still sucks

what did you expect to get? they literally show you that getting to the other side is just to get one of those things

It's fine if you don't like a game but it doesn't suck in the least.

Yeah, but it essentially felt like the games final boss and I just don't like playing trash like this when I could be playing more Cuphead or Shovel Knight.

>That shitty looping music that drones on and on and I had to mute the game and listen to the Seinfeld theme just to stay focused on point

No, the game is bad.

Game's good, it uses three buttons for your tiny unga brain. Story lacks but the game's challenge initially is fair. You don't even need to beat the game with multiple trinkets, hell they give you one for free by beating the game.

Oh and you're definitely missing 16 other trinkets user.
>Shitty looping music
I'll give you that, only good track is Pressure Cooker. And the only reason why it loops is because you take too long.

Attached: 20190430005436_1.jpg (958x712, 46K)

If I miss a trinket here it's a long way back.

Attached: 20190430005901_1.jpg (958x712, 191K)

Oh shit, I'm sorry.

No, the game is for a particular no life autist who prefers static precision gameplay rather than loose games that require you to sometimes improvise, ala the aforementioned Cuphead and Shovel Knight.

There's a reason it took me up till 8 or so years to finally play it after getting it in the Humble Bundle: This game is ugly, ugly, trash

You could just grab all the trinkets. Find all the secrets. Listen to your own music while playing the game.

If you hate V, you probably hate most other precision platformers like Super Meat Boy and IWBTG. Those two aforementioned games are harder than V, and you think Cuphead is a good example? the game is designed with a bullet-hell/platforming run & gun style in mind akin to Megaman.

Yeah, V looks like shit. It's supposed to look like an atari game.

Attached: 20190430010403_1.jpg (958x712, 124K)

JUST

>If you hate V, you probably hate most other precision platformers like Super Meat Boy and IWBTG.

Yes those games are full on trash

>and you think Cuphead is a good example? the game is designed with a bullet-hell/platforming run & gun style in mind akin to Megaman.

Cuphead is hard but it's not like stuffing your dick into a cheese grater (and despite claims, Mega Man isn't hard either); there's lots of room for recovery and the speeds of the projectiles aren't like actual SHMUP hard - getting S ranks actually feels rewarding unlike every moment playing those 3 games you mentioned.

Gimmie a minute, it's been a while since i've done this.

Attached: 20190430011137_1.jpg (958x712, 126K)

Um ackshually VVVVVV's supposed to resemble games on the Commodore 64, thank you very much.

Still a good game, replayed it recently on the switch port

Attached: 1463380979737.png (667x667, 101K)

>Yeah, V looks like shit. It's supposed to look like an atari game.

What kind of defense is this?

"My game is SUPPOSED to look bad - on purpose, as a joke!"

V is great.
I don't even like playing platformers but this game is pretty newbie friendly and fun.
I specifically like that part where there are long levels where you're flying/falling and have to react fast.

Commodore/Atari, both from a similar era where video games were cranked out and had terrible graphics for its time.
It's the aesthetic choice from a man that makes games that look like they come from an era of old relics. Just look at Don't Look Back.
Just as Cuphead chose to look like it came from an old 50's Disney/Warner Brothers cartoon, and just like how Shovel Knight looks like it belongs on a SNES.
I like Warp Zone specifically for the fact that it's incredibly fast-paced with great instinctive parts to it. Plus, screen-wrapping in games is just perfect.

Oh, and git gud.

Attached: 20190430011611_1.jpg (958x712, 128K)

Based

>V is great.

To who? By what metric? Cavemen who have never played video games before?

I really like VVVVVV because I can play through it really quickly

Attached: 1410237915202.jpg (450x557, 62K)

Okay we both did the same bullshit part, proving that you, the mongoloid lover of shitty games can play as well as me, a guy not interested in this game

lmao

>needing a metric or a critic to call a game fun
Mommy isn't here to affirm all of your opinions baby. You do know it's okay to have your own opinions right?

LOL SHOVELNIGHT

WE GOT A 2001ER HERE.

EVERYONE LOOK AT HOW DEGRADED GAMING HAS BECOME.

PEAK DIFFICULTY IS USING OUR REACTION TIMES TO ACCOMPLISH GOALS IN OUR TASKS.

JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE WE FOR 1000 OF YEARS HAVEN'T CHANGED OUR CONTROL MECHANISMS TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE HAS A FREE PASS.

YOU ARE A GAMING COMMUNIST

EASY PSX TITLES BACK IN THE DAY WERE HARDER THAN DARK SOULS

FUCK OUT OF HERE LITTLE KID

>No, the game is for a particular no life autist who prefers static precision gameplay rather than loose games that require you to sometimes improvise, ala the aforementioned Cuphead and Shovel Knight.
Or any 80s and 90s arcade game
get good pleb

Says the guy who loves this hipster shit lmao

I never said Shovel Knight was difficult, just fun.

Cuphead is difficult and fun

VVVVVV is poorly designed and not fun.

Not even Final Fight is precision garbage like VVVVVV

You could stay mad, or you could try finding all 16 other trinkets like the game was intended to be played. I even got on top of that little red square after beating it again as well for you. Try Edge Games for a real challenge :^)

Attached: For anon.jpg (1504x2016, 420K)

>Saying VVVVVV's precision is bad
Fucking shitter spotted

*yawn* You can play a bad game well, congrats.

>JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE WE FOR 1000 OF YEARS HAVEN'T CHANGED OUR CONTROL MECHANISMS TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE HAS A FREE PASS.
>YOU ARE A GAMING COMMUNIST
>EASY PSX TITLES BACK IN THE DAY WERE HARDER THAN DARK SOULS
>FUCK OUT OF HERE LITTLE KID
I fucking love this post.

There's a reason there's no nostalgia for this or Super Shit Boy.

VVVVVV is not that hard. I beat the game long before I got gud at shit like Cuphead. If anything I'd say Cuphead on expert and pacifist runs are harder.

Can you?

Attached: 20190430013413_1.jpg (958x712, 157K)

So this is the shitposter's true nature. He's too insecure to form his own opinions unless his beloved Youtubers and critcs are giving him a template to run away with. Sad.

>There's a reason there's no nostalgia for this
Nigga what you call this thread?

I'm about to have a good time bros. Are you?

Attached: 20190430013603_1.jpg (958x712, 70K)

>If anything I'd say Cuphead on expert and pacifist runs are harder.

It's not even a question of difficulty, just poor design. The "challenges" in VVVVV are obvious and tedious - whereas with Cuphead, getting King Dice or the dragons right feels so rewarding.

I'm pretty sure the YouTubers and critics love garbo like V, but I never checked unlike you

>you probably hate most other precision platformers like Super Meat Boy and IWBTG
user there's a difference between those two games.

boring indie 8bit retro platformer

how can anyone with a modicum of taste like this.

That's an insult to actually good 8bit platformers

I know, I know. One was built to be a platforming challenge to a casual crowd for Xbox 360, the other is another game in a long line of "Unfair" games akin to Cat Mario and other unfair japanese flash games.
V isn't either of those, it's a simple 3-button game meant for a casual audience. The only way you'll ever get "Precision" platforming is if you ever speedrun this game.
There's no real depth to it, just pick it up and play. If you don't find enough challenge to it play the custom levels.

Attached: 20190430013831_1.jpg (958x712, 90K)

>>how can anyone with a modicum of taste like this.
See: >the game is for a particular no life autist who prefers static precision gameplay rather than loose games that let you improvise

Do people actually dislike the music of this game?
youtube.com/watch?v=WX8ZeZJqOE0

>Pushing yourself to go find the hardest challenge in a game that was meant to be an adventure platformer, rewarding exploration with secrets
>Saying the game is shit when you beat the hardest challenge and never finish the game

Attached: 20190430014705_1.jpg (958x712, 124K)

Well boys, it's been a wild ride but now all I gotta do is make it to the end, it's one big sprint from here.

Attached: 20190430015330_1.jpg (958x712, 124K)

This is a precision platformer, whereas in something like Super Mario World, you can get a cape and let loose

This game is about tight corridors and dying if you touch an inch of a spike.

>>Saying the game is shit when you beat the hardest challenge and never finish the game

Where else do I go from here other than exploring bullshit, ugly maps?

The music is insanely repetitive - maybe not bad, but repetitive - like the gameplay.

>deflecting when you still haven't stated why one needs a critics opinion to call a game fun
Fail and cringe.

I never brought up critics or youtubers you faggot, you did.

And as far as I remember, this game is well reviewed, as well as the shillposting about it on Yea Forums in 2010 calling it good

I only like Pressure Cooker, the others are meh at best. Only thing I really don't like about the game.
Super Hexagon had better tracks and they weren't even made by Souleye.
Super Mario World is a game with a powerup that lets you skip the level's challenge entirely. "Letting it lose" by avoiding all obstacles in a level is supposed to be fun? V's extremely simple to control and the deaths are all on you. If you think it's unfair in the slightest, just think of each window as a sort of puzzle. Survey the level, find the correct timing, take your sweet time with everything, and most importantly, move to a pace that's comfortable for you. A death might not mean much anyways since you restart at a nearby checkpoint which is littered across the entire game. There's multiple checkpoints in some windows too.

As for the second part, try rescuing all the crewmates. Completing the game requires you to do so anyways. There's different mechanics to each level, and there's no linear path you take to get to each one. You can collect all the crewmates in any order, take your time.

Attached: 20190430015511_1.jpg (958x712, 100K)

Hey look, I appreciate the patience and trying to explain the good parts or how I should play it, but I'll just say the game is not for me and it lacks what I want out of platformers. Liking it doesn't mean you have bad taste, just different tastes.

But I waited 9 years to finally play it and I'm kinda disappointed

Hey man, the game's not for everyone. All i'm saying is that this game just takes time for some people to accomplish, and the parts that are good are overshadowed by the bad. My first time playing this game, I spent an hour more than this current run, and only got 2 trinkets aside from the free one for finishing the game. Doesn't mean it's a bad game, just meant I wasn't good enough to beat it cleanly. So I played it, I took my sweet time figuring out how to get every trinket, quit a few times on Veni Vidi Vici, and came back with enough patience to finally grab that one trinket. I felt tremendous afterwards and my experience with the game only grew because of it.

Since you don't really feel like playing, i'll let you in on some of the rewards you get for getting all 20 trinkets.
For beating the game, you get access to a winscreen with the crew members playing in a band. Getting all 20 trinkets and going to Violet (Dark Blue crew member)'s space in the ship allows you to create a teleporter to the Secret Lab, allowing access to the Super Gravitron and a trophy room with all of your achievements. Plus, you unlock some settings that allows you to play the game in a different way, as well as time trials to see how fast you can beat each level.
In essence, the game is telling you to try to get a better time after beating it for the first time, giving you the tools to practice easier.

Though, hope you enjoy other games too. I suggest Super Hexagon, it's very tricky to learn at first but is very rewarding once you master it.

Attached: 20190430020724_1.jpg (958x712, 89K)

This thread is a trainwreck of hyperbole, falseflagging and shitposting by people who apparently have better things to do than play VVVVVV

I definitely respect the game for rewarding you for playing it

Shovel Knight for example, I'm not sure what beating certain modes or features will actually get me - and I know for a fact you don't get shit in Cuphead (okay a filter but who cares)

I'm still playing it as well lol
Shovel Knight is slightly rewarding for your accomplishments, as well as having different, tougher DLC stories and characters. Cuphead's victory screens are all I ever need to feel accomplished, but that would just be my personal feelings. Much like the original Super Mario Bros or Megaman, there's no reward for you other than seeing the final screen of the game with the ability to go back and play a level or world you wanna replay. So, I never take any game completion for granted.

Attached: 20190430022024_1.jpg (958x712, 126K)

Games have a pre and post unlocks design, about the time of memory cards is when games started rewarding you with content for playing them

Yes, beating the Mega Man games is fun, but I obviously take into context of when they were made, which is that unlockables or post game was near impossible to do unless it's something like CV1 where you beat it and have the replay be different.

Attached: s1-syz-appearanceimg1.png (320x224, 6K)

>Holy fucking cringeola

Attached: 1489400071579.jpg (934x934, 162K)

Beating V with all the trinkets allows you to unlock a few replay options. I dare not touch No-Death mode, ever. Near giving me a heart attack when i'm only a tenth of the way through the game. Flip mode is fucking good. Everything is upside-down, and i'm immediately shot with a disorientation, having to relearn where everything is again. Both are the "Hard Modes" of this game, if you would call it that.

All in all, the design is simple and easy to pick up. There's different mechanics you have to figure out along the way as you reach the final stretch, with some intermissions inbetween (Both are actually bullshit, everyone should agree with me on this one here.) In the end, all of the mechanics are brought together in one big final level, even giving previous nods to levels you've explored in the past. Game's a 7/10 at best but it's a game i have just under 30 hours on through speedrun practice alone. It's a game I enjoy, and I know you have games you enjoy too.

Attached: 20190430023140_1.jpg (958x712, 74K)

hardest challenge are v ranks in the time trials dumbass

Unironically this. Could only muster up S ranks, and that's not good enough.

Fuck Edge Games with a pitchfork.

Attached: 20190430023004_1.jpg (223x433, 29K)

Just replayed it. It's still fun little game.

You're a legend, user. Thanks for making this into a sick thread

Forgot I had this tab open, shit.
Thread should've died, but thanks for the compliment; V's one of my favorites.

VVVVVV is bad. Meat Boy and IWTBTG are also bad. They're basically Mario ROM hacks but with shit tier aesthetics.

Thank you and agreed

And actually that's an insult to Mario games which have fundamentally better movement mechanics than the indie Western garbage.

>The hardest challenge
No deaths all trinkets is the hardest challenge you fuckin casual.

If all you want is a harder challenge just play with the screen turned off.

IWBTG is not difficult. It's more like Dark Souls, in that it only -seems- difficult because death is part of the learning process, but death means very little.

>It's more like Dark Souls

Yes, a shitty, ugly, 2D platformer is exactly like Dark Souls

I agree, it's not like DS at all. One uses precise timing the other uses timed precision.

I recently played the whole thing on my vita and I was thinking the same thing. It's below average trash.

C64 and the Atari 8-bit computers hardly had bad graphics for their time.