FF13 looks incredible in 4k. If you have a 4k monitor this will run smoothly on just about anything...

FF13 looks incredible in 4k. If you have a 4k monitor this will run smoothly on just about anything, definitely worth a pirate.
Also general 4k thread. What games did you especially enjoy in 4k?

4k IPS monitors start at around $200 and despite what Yea Forums says 4k is far more compatible and rewarding than 1440p. I don't even bother plugging in my 144hz monitor anymore and it feels like wasted money, don't wait until 144hz 4k becomes cheap, just get a 60hz monitor now.

Attached: 7319M_PS3_F05_1[1].jpg (1280x720, 129K)

>720p

Monster Hunter World only runs at 40-50fps on my pc but the tradeoff was worth it. Won't run unless you have a good graphics card though.

filesize limit. still waiting for cuckchan to get with the times and enable sound webms with 16mb filesize limit.

Wow looks great it's a shame it's still final fantasy 13 can a 4k monitor fix that?

too bad its an awful game

>buying into the "hallway simulator" meme
FF13 is a cinematic experience with strong jrpg elements. If you're not able to enjoy the gay shit and if you need every game even jrpgs to be Baldur's Gate obviously you won't enjoy any Final Fantasy game.

I wouldnt even play FFXIII on 8k 240hz.

Is it worth it to watch a FF13 let's play?
Lightning's cute.

Did anyone ever say that the graphics were what was wrong with FF13

no

just set the game on auto play and hold the controller stick forward. Same thing.

I thought ff13 has always looked quite beautiful.

Can't skip ahead if I don't like some parts though.

HCBailly's let's play is the only FF13 let's play worth watching, but he plays the ps3 version. He's a lispy nerd so if you're a normalfag with a strong aversion to anyone who knows his shit you won't like him.

bumping my own thread

Is that an effeminate boy?

>FF13
>4K monitor
>IPS

three strikes, you're out

IPS and 4k is a given since there are literally no other options. Even VA the viewing angles are too bad for making proper use of the 4k, unless you're sitting too far from the screen you'll get color distortions all around the edges. I prefer VA on lesser resolutions.

FF13 looks better in the garbage, where it belongs.

I was more interested in talking about other 4k games instead of defending ff13 the whole thread :(

Maybe you should've started with a decent game then. FFXIII is probably the worst mainline FF game or atleast rivals II. And a terrible game overall.

If you absolutely must watch instead of play, just watch a "movie" version by either dansg08 or Gamer's Little Playground

FF13 is garbage in literally every aspect that doesn't relate to it being pretty.

Neither. Save your time by playing or watching something better or doing something more productive, which would be anything that doesn't involve interacting with FF13.

Wrong
The music is also amazing

Certainly, but I don't think there's any FF with bad music.

Lightning Returns > FF13 and FF13-2

Fight me,

Watching the game isn't really going to offer much. I'd say at least half of the relevant context and understanding of the game and its world and story are obtained for sifting through datalogs (pretty much an in-game text encyclopedia that explains a lot of shit that the game never does) and unless the playthrough you're watching goes through each of them (even long enough to pause and read) its not going to be much of a fun experience.

13-2 is underrated.

redpilled
bluepilled
s o ypilled

4K60hz or 1440p120hz?

Is 24 inch for 4K waste of money? My desktop is too small for any bigger.

4k60hz. Unless you're an epic fortnite gamer and play csgo all day. More good games are locked 60 fps than aren't, most the time you won't be reaping the benefits of 120hz, and many games don't support 1440p natively. 1080p doesn't upscale properly to 1440p so you'll be playing half of titles either blurry or in windowed.

Depends on how close you can comfortably be to your monitor. With 4k you'll often want it to take up a large portion of your field of vision (think sitting in a movie theater). It shouldn't matter what size the monitor is as long as you can position correctly for the optimal viewing size. You can look up optimal viewing distance and screen size but I think the infographics they pass around are probably bullshit estimates. And that's the argument for not watching 4k, some niggers exist who can't watch a movie without sitting in the back row of a theater. For those people 1440p or maybe even 1080p is the max limit of resolution they'll ever fully experience.

Depends what kind of games you play, refresh rate is more important for anything which needs precise mouse movement.

>implying humans have reaction times less than 1/60 th of a second
>implying the human eye can see in 120fps

Have you tried 60hz VR? It's literally sickening.