Locks out Windows XP and Vista from using the games they purchased

>locks out Windows XP and Vista from using the games they purchased

Attached: firefox_2019-02-08_15-44-02.png (820x432, 406K)

Other urls found in this thread:

app.assembla.com/spaces/linuxforniggers/git/source
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>forced to develop software for older shitty software
>users complain when their shit doesn't work anymore
Poorfags everyone
Just pirate windows 7 or windows 10

have 7

Topic kinda unrelated but why the fuck would you use XP or Vista

Attached: 1556320133832.png (531x370, 172K)

Because it's the last good Windows software.

Moral of the story? Buy DRM-free.

Because I can play real PC games on that OS.

They should support Windows 3.1
This is why we need Epic Store

Nice bait.

You laugh, but Epic Store supporting Windows XP is one of its strong points.

On Vista?

Better question is why in the actual fuck you are using XP or Vista in the current year unless your a 3rd worlder with 10+ year old hardware. AMD/Intel/Nvidia haven't supported either OS for awhile now. Also Windows XP users made up less than .5% of the overall userbase on steam, Vista was so low they didn't even show up on the steam survey.

Settlers IV?

I can rig the poll to spin and support my own narrative too you know.

I don't use Steam. Does this mean that you can't play games that previously worked on XP and Vista anymore because the updated launcher no longer works, or is it just that you can't play new games on those operating systems?

some people still use toasters because they can't afford new computer

but then they would just pirate games instead

like 0.1% of steam users use these OS today and if they use Vista installing 7 will be direct upgrade

>i-i-it must be rigged, big company BAD

>Vista
>good

if you install them before the given date you should be fine. Just cant download them eventually. It is because Steam uses chromium, which is dropping support for them.

Take off your tin foil hat jesus christ dude. Who the fuck would actually rig a poll about something as stupid as who uses a certain operating system on a digital distribution platform. The levels of retardation on Yea Forums never ceases to amaze me.

who actually still uses XP that doesn't live in a third world shithole

I'm pretty sure Windows XP and Vista didn't purchase any games.

Fucking switch to Linux if that's what you think. Same for fucking anybody trying to keep their XP or Vista machines. You're insane if you use something that ancient when hundreds of alternatives exist.

retards btfo

Jesus fuck windows xp retards are easily the most obnoxious cancer on the internet at this point, fucking kill yourselves already. Your OS was never good.

>Epic Store supporting Windows XP is one of its strong points
Go away thirdie

Dropping support =/= locking you out from using the platform
I know you guys are dumb but try to actually look up what they're talking about before making baseless claims

fucking lel

install linux, its free, and most games that are old enough to work on xp will work on proton

I'll be here reminding you this exact conversation and laughing at you when they prevent Windows 7 users from accessing Steam next.

Well it took 5 years for that to happen from the support drop.
So guess you'll remind them in 2025?

you act as if w98 is the only operating system

Reminds me of some joke
>if you put the Vista installer disk backward, you can hear Satan
>even worse, if you flip it, you install Vista

xD

ahaahahaha XPtards BTFO

no bully

Attached: 1532698545257.jpg (480x360, 16K)

>when they prevent Windows 7 users from accessing Steam next.
Cant come soon enough desu, maybe then devs can finally start making use of some proper DX12 features.

Based
Cringe

DX11 is a 10 year old API. Really makes you think how fucking retarded the average PC user is.

I'll be laughing at 7 users too

in 10 years, you fucking nigger?

Check hardware stats on Steam. Nobody uses XP/Vista, a lot of people still use 7,

Can you install the Epic store on Windows XP?

>check stats presented by the company that wants to stop supporting that operating system

its 2019 you boomer fuck

Attached: 1453340995853.png (649x649, 296K)

this also based
anyone who spergs out over os deserves to be shot

No support doesn't mean it doesn't work anymore you shit for brains.

Am I the only one with a dedicated xp rig for older games?

Try launching the Steam client on your Windows XP. I dare you.

ATTENTION RETARDS ON Yea Forums:
"DROPPING SUPPORT" DOES NOT MEAN IT MAGICALLY STOPS WORKING. IT MEANS NO LONGER PROVIDING UPDATES FOR SAID PLATFORM. YOU CAN STILL USE STEAM ON XP/VISTA, IT JUST WON'T RECEIVE UPDATES.

There is no way it doesn't work in offline mode. It would be criminal.

Attached: 1556567848437.jpg (1024x742, 133K)

>XP
It's good craptop software. Well, it was a few years ago at least.

retarded chestpuffing faggot

Sounds ideal. Why wouldn't you use XP or Vista?

>using xp online
just give me your credit card so i can properly utilize it before the indians get you.

this

Real boomers use DOS

didnt microsoft drop support for xp years ago?

>MS-DOS not supported
wtf bros how could this happen

>what's actually happening
Survey shows almost nobody uses XP so it's unprofitable to keep supporting it. Valve drops support.
>what tinfoil hats believe is happening
Valve arbitrarily decided to stop supporting XP out of pure spite and rig the survey to make it look like they care about profits and not their nefarious XP-hating agenda,

>Survey shows almost nobody uses XP so it's unprofitable to keep supporting it. Valve drops support.
Not exactly true.

Electron only supports Win 7 and up, and the upcoming UI update runs on that so they had to drop support for XP and Vista.
Real world proof: When the Friends update (which also runs on Electron) dropped, XP and Vista users didn't get it.

Dropped support means you won't get updates for any future security flaws. Have fun with that.

>he didn't install gentoo
Failing that...
>he didn't install win10 LTSB

good thing they still support win 7,i dont want to get anything newer they will spy on me and steal my data ,i dont want cia spyware,they wont get me

What dumpass decided it would be a good idea to integrate chromium into the steam client anyway.

Didn’t Microsoft straight up tell people to go back to XP do like a month after Vista came out?

Imagine what happens if Valve go out of business.

>using xp online after they dropped updates
>using vista at all
Oh shit nigger, what the hell are you doing?

Buddy in a few months Windows XP will be old enough to vote. Fucking upgrade already mate.

oh yeah all those siberians on xp sure make a difference

I'm going to have to download and back up my games some day, once they get around to doing this with Windows 8.1.

Microsoft has also stopped supporting vista and 7 by next year.
Moral of the story: use Linux.

*doesn't know how viruses work*

fuck off epic shill

To play old games on original hardware like God intended.
To play old games that don't work right in Windows 10.

Any craptop that would get a boost from running XP will get a much bigger boost from running Linux. Get with the times, gramps.

Jajajajajajaja

>people unironically using XP or Vista in 2019

Why not just use Windows XP compatibility with that software

even then that will only mean you won't be able to browse the community and store, you should stilll be able to see your library and install games

That doesn't actually work. Microsoft cut a lot of old string in Windows 10 which makes running old games problematic.

Also if you want to use original hardware you have to use operating systems from the era, too.

I can dig it.

Attached: 1548445296765.gif (210x230, 11K)

>inplunger

Attached: steam survey.png (367x554, 63K)

Does Epic even have any games that run on XP?

Attached: 1536805576555.gif (250x251, 999K)

Guess that explains why valve is pushing Linux so hard.

thats not how it works lmao
based retard

>Year of the Linux Desktop
>We swear it's going to happen any day now, the last twenty years were just flukes

>have windows XP machine with steam on it
>havent connected it to the internet in 5+ years
>still works fine
checkmate, fags

Attached: 1553896340731.gif (245x300, 1.91M)

it's not about new games, it's about the client not running on older operating systems by design, the games still work but it won't let you run them because the client arbitrarily boots you

Competitive pressure from other players caused Microsoft to get its act more together. MS hasn't been the arch villain hyper nazi it once was even to the FOSS community.

No you nigger, I don't have an XP install and neither does anyone in this thread. The only people still running XP/Vista are third worlders and the illiterate.

It will never happen, it's not even remotely user friendly, and that's for the average net user capable of using google. Imagine the hoards of retards that take screenshots of their monitors using their phones. Those are the people you need to keep in mind when you're making something "user friendly". Linuxfags are too busy being elitist and bragging about using Linux to give a fuck about the usage rate of their OS.

offline mode only works if you can get online at least once. You can not install Steam or any game in offline mode.

any of you guys know how to fix fallout 3 on windows 10?

See you on the nuclear wasteland in 2030

>When the Friends update (which also runs on Electron) dropped, XP and Vista users didn't get it.
I wish no one got it, it's fucking trash.

>2019
>Yea Forums still doesn't use linux for niggers
You guys should use a REAL OS
app.assembla.com/spaces/linuxforniggers/git/source

Good. Fuck luddites.

>linux almost a percent
We have come a long way.

this is not how it works you fucking retard, the program won't simply erode it's code and make sure you can't install it again, you just won't be getting any new updates if somehow you're still using windows fucking XP

Zoom zoom!

Dunno the uninstaller works fine for me bro.

That's exactly how it works. No version of Steam can be installed without connecting to Steam servers. Any old Steam installer that installs a Windows XP compatible version of Steam is useless in the current year because Valve doesn't support it anymore.

"Dropped support" doesn't mean they made them stop working, they'll just tell you to fuck off if you open a ticket that a game you bought doesn't run on XP.

So wait a minute, in your scenario, someone would need to have Steam not installed AND a PC running Windows XP in 2019 for it not to work and this is somehow an issue?

So what happens to games sold as "requires Windows 2000/Xp"?

>retard itt complain about a software doesn't support your shitty outdated OS

Attached: 1252048219845.jpg (400x300, 19K)

It is if you are setting up a virtual machine or building a retro PC to play old games.

They quietly remove that tag and keep selling them in hopes that people will buy them and never start them or can't be assed to refund them.

You can probably request a refund for all your ancient games you bought in the XP era claiming Valve breached contract by not letting you play them on XP anymore.

Enable Legacy Component you autistic Yea Forumstards..

That's why i switched to GOG a long time ago.

This is why game clients are a meme and games should be standalone programs. Also at least it's only a software upgrade and not a hardware upgrade likes consoles.

Based GNAA

Remember those boomers 15 years ago warning you about giving in to DRM and installing Steam?
They were right

Attached: iHyuNqmRiXoLu.jpg (800x300, 37K)

Because they are too dumb to switch to linux

you are either poor, or lazy

my parents

It is never too late to switch to GOG. I have 100 games on steam but i switched to GOG and now i have 200 games over there.

>using unsupported and depricated os for anything other than pure retro gaymen
Just install gentoo.

They told people to not upgrade until the first service pack came out

>Want to ran TW3 on PS2 or windows XP.
>Can't
Fucking OS/hardwares!.

Are you retarded? There are game details on the page that show which OS the game was made for.It's not like the part with shitsteam where you buy the game for XP but the XP support is dropped later on. Fucking braindead subhuman.

Attached: the witche 3.jpg (563x288, 27K)

Also some games have extra support for new OSs since GOG has a team that repacks them to work on newer machines.

>some games
The point of GoG is they get old games to work on modern PC's out of the box. So you don't have to fuck around getting it to work

The point of GOG is to be DRM free so you don't get fucked by whomever i maintaining the games launcher. Them making the games work on modern OSs is just more added value.

Microsofts plan is to get everyone on Windows 10 then ban all storefronts and force everyone to use the windows store.

Not happening. Have a (you) for the sheer stupidity of what you just wrote.

it's their platform they can do whatever they want!! what are you, a fucking nazi?

Nice conspiracy theory. Good luck with them doing that when the majority of windows 10 users don't even realize the windows store exists

>what are you, a fucking nazi?
Yes i am, ZIEG HEIL BITCH! Now stop spewing nonsense. None of your delusions are even close to the reality of the matter.

>new hardware doesnt ran on XP
>blame OS/software anyway.
Typical braindead Yea Forumstard.

People who complaining about XP in this thread is just meme-ing.
Remember, this is the same person back then who said Win7 is bad in 2007, but in the end they ditched XP anyway.

What are you talking about, retard? Did you even bother reading the thread?

This.

SolusOS running like a dream and 0 worries about this kind of shit.

>None of your delusions are even close to the reality of the matter.
It's reality that companies have realized they're allowed to do anything they want because "it's their platform". That excuse is given every single time some bullshit is pulled. That's why twitter and youtube and playstation, everything has just gone to SHIT. They're even cheered on, I bet even you are cheering on microsoft.

It won't be long until people are saying "go make your own operating system" in response to some horse shit exactly like I described with the storefronts.

The only retard in here are people who complaining about using outdated OS so they can blame something beside of their miserable life.

This wasn't steam but chromium. It impacted steam as well as other software.
Also idk why you would ever use xp today. Ram limitations, most software doesn't work on it anymore, can't make use of modern cpu, graphic drivers for it don't even exist.