If you don't play fighting games. Is it even worth getting one?

If you don't play fighting games. Is it even worth getting one?

Attached: 61vm8ucF7AL._SX466_.jpg (466x321, 20K)

if you like playing shit like raiden it's worth it

Abso-fucking-loutely. ANY game that I pick up that doesn't require a second analog stick, I immediately plug in my arcade stick to play. It's how I played all of the last metroidvania games I've played, along with a couple of puzzle games and even some RPGs. Played through all of Half-Minute Hero like this.

Yes, as long you’re not playing a fps

It's actually not bad to have a fightstick on hand for some non-fighting games. It's weird, but I actually really love playing Catherine on on stick, and pretty much any 2d side scroller.

What's kind of stick/buttons do you have for your games user?

Nothing fancy, I actually use a Mayflash F300. Also works on my Switch, which is how I played through all of Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon.

Cotm isnt out though.

Yes it is. You're thinking of Ritual of the Night.

Hollow Knight was great with a stick

Absolutely. It's so nice to have. This is my stick.

Attached: RAP4.jpg (1024x606, 75K)

i only play touhou with mine these days

It's not even worth getting if you play fighters, every new fighter is made for pad

You can cop one with good parts on ebay affordably. No reason not to have one if you play a lot of 2D games.

I have a fightstick but i can't play fighting games using joysticks for shit, always fuck up hadoken, shoryuken, tatsu motions, they are very hard for me, and can't pull it out fast enough to play on the same level that i do on d-pads, it's very fucking weird.

Attached: 1493843525364.jpg (250x231, 7K)

How much would you say to spend on one

do'ya like MAME, Billy?

The trick is to just practice it. Get into the training room and turn the inputs on, and just watch what you're doing. Do a couple of fast ones, then look at what you're doing wrong, then practice the motion really slowly over and over and over again before gradually speeding it up. It's what I did, and I even got to a point where I can DP on command.

Fight sticks are like guitars. Your first one should be as cheap as possible because you need for confirm you'll even like the damn thing first. Once you get the hang of it and can say "Yes, this is my life from now on", THEN you should consider moving up or custom-built parts.

i have that but in red

I have one but I want to use it for games like Castlevania and hollow knight.

Now what.

Plug it in and play? Do you want me to hold your hand too?

I'd say yes. Playing oldschool games with it is fun.

yes please

Gay.

Any game that supports 1 analog stick is better on an arcade stick.

Compared to a pad your hands will feel way better after long sessions. Wizard of Legend, Emulated games, etc all play wayyy better on an arcade stick than any other input device.

All SNES, NES, Genesis, etc games are better along with lots of indie games.

I recently got a fightpad but hate it because the stick is so damn loose it's hard to change directions like in a shmup or Mario game.