>cutscene
pokemon
>cutscene
ultra
>cutscene
sun.

>makes a JRPG-tier final boss with a pure beatstick moveset
>expects praise

Attached: 1549865282469.jpg (380x349, 62K)

(((ultra))) changes

>takes the issues of sm and don't fix them
>40 bucks for what is essentially 10-15 buck add on DLC
>ultra changes

Attached: ultramegaopolis.jpg (400x240, 20K)

The main issue is for the most party only invested fans buy the 'extra' versions.
And Sun and Moon is one of the least enjoyable experiences to replay in the series due to how many cutscenes and how much hand holding there is. And there just aren't enough differences in the average character interaction to justify sitting through EVERYTHING again.
Ultra made a lot of positive changes but overall I enjoyed it less because Sun and Moon still felt fresh when I was playing it.
Still, conceptually speaking, ultrabeast hybrid Lusamine is a lot more interesting than generic legendary acting out against human interference.

Why are the 3DS Pokemon games so underwhelming?

Attached: 1460314086415.png (648x482, 306K)

For me, it made it painfully obvious that GF has no interest in exceeding expectations and raising standards of content for each new release. They are now perfectly content with meeting bare bones expectations and replacing content instead of adding to it.
It wasn't quite as apparent during the DS era.

You can't expect many hardcore pokemon fans to love medicore 3rd versions with hardly any changes and improvements after they got sequels in gen 5 with many changes and Platnium and HGSS

Attached: bw2.jpg (1440x1080, 215K)

>Gen V makes third versions a thing of the past
>Gen VII brings them back for a cash grab and only add about 20 minutes of new content
That's why they're hated. Nobody actually thought they would make USUM a lazy third version after BW2 happened.

Gen 7 wasn't an adventure. You're dragged along by lillie and other characters for most of the game with almost no freedom. And when you get said freedom there's nothing to see or do.

Attached: The alola experience.webm (840x720, 2.92M)

They forwent gaming content in favor of cutscenes.

>the bw2 circlejerk brigade is here
Might as well kill the thread now

What’s considered the best game in the franchise here usually?

>make game incredibly story focused for sun and moon
>story is shit
>make it even more story focused for it's third version
>they managed to fuck up the very few parts of the story that were good
lol

Beatstick is the only kind that really works in a single-on-team style battle. Pokemon's gotten so fucking fast for in-game battles but done the opposite for comp battles (Stallshit) so the devs don't know how the fuck to balance it.

>Lusamine is supposedly good in USUM
>GF couldn't even be fucked to change the chamber of frozen pokemon on her house.

They haven't said anything worth rebutting yet, don't encourage them.

It's like some people know mediocrity when they see it. Skipping USM was the easiest decision ever along with Let's go.

Attached: Ultra changes.jpg (3676x1291, 2.19M)

It's less story focused in USUM actually. They removed several cutscenes and replaced some others.
She isn't good. She's the reason the stupid beast breaks out.

Unovabortions: BW2
Sinnoh lovers: Platinum
Hoenn lovers: Emerald
Johtoddlers: Crystal or HGSS
/vr/: Crystal or Red

there is no consensus and never will be

lol no they didn't. They added more.

>most difficult game in the franchise
It was an endurance test alright

Attached: 1123098172123.png (700x700, 652K)

>Remove the climactic bonding scene with Lillie on Exeggutor island 4
>Remove cool Zygarde lore.
>Turn fairly unique villain into a dindu, just to make a generic legendary the big boss
>Hype up new Ultraspace areas, even though they are almost all vacant halls and dead ends outside of aesthetics.
>Throw in the Rainbow Rocket shit which makes Delta Episode (which sucked) seem satisfying in comparison.
I was a Sun and Moon apologist until Ultra came out. Because of removed content and changed lore it's not even the definitive version of the game like past late gen releases. It's supplementary at best.

Attached: pkmnbob.jpg (1065x720, 100K)

Name one (1) good gen

Pokemon is universally trash.

If the cutscene overload doesn't turn you off, ClippyDex will.

Because fucking idiots demanded them after XY didn't get one, even though slapping what GF thinks are worthy of third version """"""Changes""""" on XY would have done fuck all to improve it. USUM's crap is evidence of this, as well as ORAS.
Objectively wrong. I've replayed it and there are less except for the postgame, they removed many of the Lillie scenes. One of the areas removes ALL her dialogue.

XY would've required a complete do-over from scratch to fix it. That game is fundamentally flawed.

All I care to say is that they're the ones who fucked the balance in the first place.
Once upon a time, a 2 status 2 attack legendary encounter would have been viably challenging. Now, it's more difficult to do yes, regardless of whether it's impossible to stick to that standard or not.

But it can't even be caught so it's clear they didn't intend it to be a normal battle. They just lost their minds with trying out something different.

>UH THE GAME IS ACTUALLY HARD IF YOU TURN OFF EXP SHARE, DO NUZLOCKE RULES, NEVER BUY FROM POKEMARTS, NEVER HEAL, NEVER USE ANYTHING BETTER THAN A POKEBALL TO CATCH ANYTHING, AND NEVER LEVEL UP

Attached: 2C5969A9-7BD0-496D-9B61-8EAC03F61364.jpg (210x240, 7K)

Yes but they try to make her sympathetic and have Lillie 'talk' sense in to her, which seems ridiculous because they kept a lot of the scenes in the original that deliberately painted Lusamine as clinically insane and abusive.

Attached: 1479061379645.jpg (2701x2161, 3.01M)

>Zygarde lore
fuck the zygarde lore, the fetch quest was stupid and buggy (counter problem, dunno if they ever fixed it
USUM is still the definitive one despite them both being shit, because it has more shit for the same price. Bigger dex, more content despite how minor the changes are. SM is the most barebones game in the entire series, including LGPE.
And fuck you for being one of the absolute fucking sub-50 IQ idiots who thought Lusamine was a dindu nuffin in it. The plot was shittier but she was a fucking bitch and did literally nothing right

>the story is roughly 80ish the same as SM until near he end. cutscenes and all
>Ultra recon squad are legit jokes
>they had a solgaleo and lunala the entire time and could have saved loads of story time
>Rainbow Rocket has POSTGAME grunts using early kanto mon evos
>Ghetsis and Colress were the only remotely interesting characters from said postgame quests
>didn't add the golf course, giant whirlpool underneath the lake of the sun/moon, still teleportating volcano
>Fucking pikachu valley existing at all

Attached: nick leer.png (572x611, 573K)

this lmao

It's literally an alternate universe version of the same story. Like what comics do.

It's basically this
>dude if you cut your legs off walking is actually pretty difficult

Attached: 1450820593322.png (400x400, 235K)

Lillie doesn't manage to do shit. Lusamine still manages to set in place the negative events of almost the entire story because she's a bitch with a god complex who stepped on people to get to her "goal"
It is a testament to how shitty the story in Gen 7 is in all their games because people still think Lusamine was acting like that because of Nihilego toxin.

>alternate universe still has characters referencing lillie going to kanto despite her staying this time

Attached: 1556212622186.jpg (1920x1080, 476K)

I DON'T think she's a 'dindu' in USUM, but that was clearly their intent. Probably trying to ease into the fact that she's not really villainous at all in the anime, just overbearing.

Attached: lusamineanime.png (1280x2160, 1.46M)

>even though slapping what GF thinks are worthy of third version """"""Changes""""" on XY would have done fuck all to improve it
I disagree. Lysandre needed a rework in his otivations and actions, like Cyrus received in Platinum; both legendaries needed to be incorporated into the story, because only Yveltal makes sense in the context of Lysandre's plans; Zygarde needed a larger part of the story and more explanation; there needed to be rebalanced distribution of Pokemon, movesets, battles, and so on.

XY wasn't good but wasn't all that bad.

>most difficult
>your gf (yeah Lillie) heals you every 3 minutes
>that annoying nigga gives you items like revive everytime he sees you

Lusamine in separate media is always a different character. In the manga she's a literal lunatic WAY more than she ever was in the games, borderline murderous psychotic instead of just an obsessive.

At least XY has a functional bottom screen and online

Attached: lysandre filth.jpg (650x865, 396K)

It's almost like there are a fuck ton of other issues with the game or something

Every fucking time

>It is a testament to how shitty the story in Gen 7 is in all their games because people still think Lusamine was acting like that because of Nihilego toxin.
That's the worst part. They act like she's all reformed in the post game of USUM. But there's LESS reason to believe her actions were due to Nihilego's influence due to how USUM plays out. So there's no possible excuse for her being a bitch in USUM yet that's the one where she gets a second chance, and where they start treating her like a friendly NPC in post game content. It's fucking backwards.

Why the actual FUCK did they think it was a good idea to spoil that Aether Foundation was bad in the very first cutscene of Sun and Moon?
Online was the best thing XY did. Then they decided that for Sun and Moon they just had to ruin it. Festival Plaza is such a fucking shitshow.

No, it was that bad, actually worse than "that bad", and it just set in motion the shittiness in future titles.
And seriously, did you even read my post? I said WHAT GF THINKS are worthy of third version changes. I didn't say it couldn't be fixed with overhauls like what you posed. Do you really think that "hurr phone games" masuda would have put that much effort in? I'll answer that for you, no you fucking don't because if you were that stupid you wouldn't have been able to type out a reply to me. I have confidence in you.

>they felt the need to make this damn thing MORE annoying
>They felt the need to bring back O-powers and lock it behind this thing rng roulette
>They felt the need to force you to interact with it for powers

Attached: rotom dex.png (600x600, 144K)

An oversight by the devs?

>literally just Pokemon Sun with the last quarter of the game changed

They conceded defeat to mobile gaming so they think there's no point in trying hard anymore

>Why the actual FUCK did they think it was a good idea to spoil that Aether Foundation was bad in the very first cutscene of Sun and Moon?
What confused me most about this was they seem to imply later in the game that (besides Faba) most the Aether employees are genuinely trying to do good, even if some of their methods are questionable, they are just doing unethical shit because they were told to. Nothing that matches up with the random Aether employees grinning like indulgent psychopaths in the opening scene.

Actually her initial motivation in both is losing Mohn, so it's technically the same before she encounters the URS. Still though, it's fucking retarded that they didn't try to explain this more in a fucking kids game where they just slapped shit in. Clearly wasn't finished because so many merch and media stuff that has USUM in it conflicts with the actual game's material, like the UB posters.

They had a damn year to avoid something like that. I'm not surprised though. They managed to fuck up the battle factory of all things

Attached: buggy.jpg (1280x1440, 519K)

You'd think the organization would split itself or at least have some sort of internal war if some of them were concerned about morality and didn't like what the other half was doing. But the only indication of this is Wicke, who does nothing, and one or two dudes in the postgame.

That's what a third version is
All the new content is backloaded.
Terrible fucking design if you ask me though, means you have to play through the same shit to get to the nuggets at the end. Should be frontloaded or just make a sequel like BW2.

>Can't be assed to use a fucking Steel Type, which has been the best type in the game for Generations
>Can't be assed to use fucking Status moves & abilities to his advantage
>Basically just plays like every autistic 10 year old with an overleveled starter because he's a basic bitch
>DURR WHY IS THIS HARD
It isn't, you, along with many japanese kids, are just retarded, but at least the JP kids are kids.

Attached: magnemite.png (200x200, 25K)

Even if you play the game like a 10 year old kid the only real roadblock you will ever encounter is Ultra Necrozma.

Pokemon has always been easy, this is fact. BUT it's annoying how much fucking welfare you get in the new games. Cutscenes everywhere and seemingly after each one you're given so much shit. You don't earn anything for yourself, you just get to points in the game where your friend or some NPC basically says "okay you've come this far let me just give this to you"
>Previous entries did this too though
Previous entries made you at least do something to get something, whether it be battling some guys or beating a gym there was very clear parameters you were working within to reach a goal. In the 3ds games you walk down a half set of stairs and a cutscenes triggers and your posse of faggot friends have a battle where they have one Pokemon that is half your lowest pokemons level and whether you win or lose "WOW user YOURE SO COOL HAVE THIS SHINY LUCARIO AND TEAM EXP SHARE ON ME!" and the cutscenes my fucking God
>Cutscene: user, you have to go fight that Pidgey
>Get to Pidgey
>Cutscene: there user, that's the Pidgey, I need you to go fight it
>Fight Pidgey
>Cutscene: YOU DID IT YOU FOUGHT OIDGEY, GOOD WORK
>cutscene: foreboding soundtrack some literal WHO:hmm.....interesting
>Cutscene: WOW user GOOD WORK FIGHTING THAT PIDGEY, THAT PIDGEY GOT BEATEN UP, PROBABLY FROM YOU FIGHTING IT
it's like they want the games to be like the anime or some shit

XY were shit because it was clearly unfinished.

ORAS were shit because they didn't even bother trying to adapt the QoL additions added in Emerald. Also Zinnia sucks.

Sun and Moon were steps back in a number of regards, like PSS and Horde Battles being removed, but could have been enjoyable if you didn't mind the plethora of cutscenes and the fact that you were less important to the story than Lillie.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were Sun and Moon, but lazier.

>No, it was that bad, actually worse than "that bad", and it just set in motion the shittiness in future titles.
whatever dude, agree to disagree
>And seriously, did you even read my post? I said WHAT GF THINKS are worthy of third version changes.
That changes nothing about the rightness of my post.
>Do you really think that "hurr phone games" masuda would have put that much effort in?
Yes I do, because that's what he had done with Emerald and Platinum.
>I'll answer that for you, no you fucking don't because if you were that stupid you wouldn't have been able to type out a reply to me.
Hating Masuda unconditionally and uncritically is for retards like yourself.

Attached: r - 1536304268944.png (364x344, 56K)

seems like you're too irrationally angry to be participating in debate, you should go calm down first

Rainbow Rocket literally ruined Team Rocket

The plot would've needed massive changes to actually incoporate the legendaries in the story further. All they did in XY was act as batteries for the giant laser flower.

I was referring to Ultra Necrozma specifically, yeah. Nothing else in USUM even comes close to stopping an autistic 10 year old and his starter from beating the game, as it's always been. But U-Necrozma isn't even hard either. Any other JRPG and this would have been considered a basic fucking boss

There is no difficult pokemon game. None. Zero.

Attached: 1445497630685.png (303x311, 181K)

>That's what a third version is
>All the new content is backloaded.
false except for USUM

>Dusk Lycanroc

Wow. It's like looking at night and... later that night.

>beginning of USUM
>kind of like new Rotomdex and give it attention
>hit second island and it literally never shuts up and constantly covers the map with "questions you didn't ask for"
Holy shit, how did they fuck that up so bad

Of course not. Gamefreak decided to never use difficulty options again after gen 5 for no explainable reason like various other features players enjoyed,

Attached: Neo gamefreak dexnav.png (745x425, 52K)

Alright son, all I can greet this with is a what the fuck.
Your post has no "rightness." Masuda did not MAKE Platinum. Masuda did not MAKE Emerald. Masuda had already gotten into the mindset of "too much content isn't really a necessity" by HGSS's release and it was the director who FORCED them to include all the goodies and extra stuff in HGSS. I have a Nintendo Power copy with an interview of them where Masuda is literally laughing about it while the director spouts his passion for gamemaking and the fans who play it. You don't know what you're talking about and are severely delusional.

Pokemon Colosseum's Final Battle is probably the closest the franchise has gotten to a " difficult " battle. That's mostly because your pool of Pokémon is a bit limited.

Attached: Evice.png (778x501, 77K)

Emerald did that
I guess you can argue some stuff is spread out, but then that works for USUM too.

>play through all of USUM
>sour on everything aside from Hau becoming Champion
>"Maybe Rainbow Rocket will at least be interesting."
>battle, like, 50 grunts with two Pokemon
>battle the main baddies of previous games
>they immediately disappear after you beat them
>them all being on one team barely amounts to anything
>Guzma barely does anything for the scenario

Literally the only good part of Rainbow Rocket was Colress dunking on Ghetsis.

>The plot would've needed massive changes to actually incoporate the legendaries in the story further.
Nope. Yveltal wakes up and destroys all life. So either make the protag immune somehow or else not have it wake up / not have it wake up normally / not have it be the legendary you have to face at all (which is exactly what Emerald and Platinum both did); and if you go with the former, just have Xerneas show up and bring everyone back to life.
>All they did in XY was act as batteries for the giant laser flower.
Yeah but it's not like their lore wasn't already established and ready to be used. "massive changes" is gross exaggeration.

I can say one thing about gen 6 and 7. I have no expectations for gen 8

Attached: hjdjgdb.png (2100x2100, 2.23M)

Attached: 2d41f72deede37abb978d0399f67fcc97b46c1217fb976a652f3f9233b9fdd68.jpg (515x380, 41K)

the only difficult thing about it is getting through the 4 hour tutorial

>Emerald did that
Then it depends what is meant by content.
Battle Tents, for example, are content.

Yes but many scenes in the original seem to imply Nihilego has some sort of grip on her, culminating with her fusing with one. It's clear she started the chain of events that lead her down that path, but many players believed some of her more malevolent actions were as result of interacting with Nihilego, who according to the game itself creates neurotoxins. It doesn't absolve her of guelt as a neglectful mother, obsessed with her work, but it nudges in the player in to believing pursuing the Ultrabeasts just pushed her further off the deep end.
But USUM makes it seem like she's just like that regardless. And that's the one where she gets a happily ever after with her kids.

Attached: lusaminechips.gif (500x264, 1.69M)

>>Ultra recon squad are legit jokes

Oh man, you just reminded me of how pissed off I was.

>hype ass battle theme starts
>First Battle: Furfrou
>Second Battle: Poipole
>Third Battle: Poipole
>Fourth Battle: Poipole
>Fifth Battle: Poipole
>Sixth Battle: Poipole
>"lol, Pokemon battles are hard"

mine are catastrophically low

Attached: 1532392254730.png (300x296, 62K)

That's a pretty quick playthrough of the entire game user

Me neither. i used to love and look forward to every new game, but now I have no expectations for it and have more fun seeing how badly they'll fuck up next.

>USUM actually added a lillie tutorial where she teaches players how to jump off ledges

Attached: hank u stupid.jpg (500x383, 40K)

>it's not difficult I swear!

Attached: 1548187457699.png (400x3120, 1.16M)

>Nothing that matches up with the random Aether employees grinning like indulgent psychopaths in the opening scene.

Those guys worked for Faba, I guess.

You a game journalist, pal?

People on /v suck at Pokemon, what do you expect? Remember how hard Ghetsis made Yea Forums cry?

Attached: 1553599103473.jpg (700x900, 81K)

>"Harder game?"
>Masuda raughs
The only thing I look forward to with the newer pokemon games is /vp/'s pure rage, which I can't blame them. They keep on adding stuff and removing it over and over, even simple shit like day/night. Difficulty is also less and less present unless you manually handicap yourself like installing a romhack or use a shitmon.

Attached: 1556182588220.png (953x653, 532K)

Not the same guy but choke on a dick pokedrone

>losing to the Ultra Meme Squad

Is the challenge of them to muster the will to finish them? I was so bored by the constant hand holding and being told exactly what to do all the time I might as well be watching somebody else play the game.

It looks too similair to the 3DS games. It's still using the models from XY which use textures where modeled details would be appropriate in a modern game. It shows that GF doesn't want to surprise people or innovate, they want to do the least they can. I expect it to be as bad at SM.

I wish gen 6 and 7 had someone like ghetsis. That hydreigon left a lasting impression

Ghetsis immediately threatening to kill Lillie was pretty awesome.

Attached: 1546426767602.jpg (1500x1263, 139K)

The entire game if a tutorial though. Explains the constant NPCs telling you where to go, the many cutscenes panning to where you're supposed to go, and the quest marker never turning off.

FUCK Totem Lurantis

I wish he fucking did, Lillie ruined Gen 7.

Guys look! I didn't know game journalists visited Yea Forums!

I think that's what frustrates me most about pokemon instead of building on games it becomes a mess of adding and removing features for no real reason.

>Your post has no "rightness." Masuda did not MAKE Platinum. Masuda did not MAKE Emerald.
I never said he did. Pay attention to what was actually written. I said he allowed it to be done. He instructed it to be done. He has a track record of putting out follow-up games with expanded and fine-tuned content.
>Masuda had already gotten into the mindset of "too much content isn't really a necessity" by HGSS's release and it was the director who FORCED them to include all the goodies and extra stuff in HGSS.
lol no sources; put this shit-reeking claim back into your ass
> I have a Nintendo Power copy with an interview of them where Masuda is literally laughing about it while the director spouts his passion for gamemaking and the fans who play it.
If it's one of those images that gets posted on this website frequently then you might want to reexamine it.
>You don't know what you're talking about and are severely delusional.
Dit-to

Attached: r - 1551112194708.jpg (694x811, 141K)

>USUM
>hard
BW and BW2 have much harder climaxes (since Ultra Nechrozma is the only thing SMfags have) and Pt, HGSS, Emerald, and BW2 have much harder post games
that's not even counting BW2's hard mode.
this just makes whoever took the screenshot look like a fucking retard

Attached: 1556130451310.png (264x289, 85K)

How can one be this bad at video games?

They were up to sketchy secret shit though, even in the Ultra versions. Type:Null was still a thing.

I have no problems with the pokemon models since they're future proofed for a good while. What annoying is how many of them are so damn stiff in battle. I miss how all the pokemon were lively in the gen 5 sprites.

quit gettin mad at video games

>he plays pokemon competitvely

Attached: 1552937699875.jpg (600x719, 59K)

>"I'm going to kill this child with my bare hands!"

Classic Ghetsis.

Ultra-Necrozma was super easy, I just sent out my Zoroark who appeared as Decidueye and he kept on trying to hit it with that psychic move against which Zoroark is immune.
I had more difficulties with some of the totem pokemon.

>since Ultra Nechrozma is the only thing SMfags have
Totem fights are literally the best designed boss battles since gen 4's gyms.

Attached: totem4.jpg (400x240, 23K)

the moment I saw these starters I knew it was going to be terrible
everything in the reveal trailer just reinforces this fact

>See the game is hard! Look at all of these screenshots I took of my retarded ass losing
Pokemon since gen1 was never hard. You were a young illiterate child that didn't grasp type advantages, there were spikes of difficulty, but go back and play gen 1 it's not hard. That said, the newer games are even fucking easier, insultingly so. Pokemon romhacks are what you want for real deliberate difficulty, though if you can't handle official pisseasy garbage, you might wanna just stick with that

Work for Polygon

Just use Ribombee.

I thought Necrozma's initial appearance was awesome, but his final form looked fucking stupid in USUM. Why do 'dragons' default to fatasses with birthing hips in Pokemon?

The only thing i'm looking forward to is who will be Gen 8's Ferrothorn/Toxapex, and watch how much /vp/ will cry about it, with it maybe leaking into Yea Forums later.

Attached: robot.gif (728x546, 1.35M)

The main question is what feature won't return from 7. My money's on pelago sadly. RIP best berry farming

Attached: 1533070634436.png (700x800, 378K)

>he's bad at a children's game
Maybe there's like, five people on this board better than I am? I doubt any of them are in this thread, though.

Attached: 1556118997996.jpg (862x932, 341K)

What annoys me is how every trainer now basically can only have 2 pokemon.

They had a year to do the right thing but chose not to.

Attached: PSS_screen.png (320x240, 155K)

Masuda wasn't the director for either SM nor USUM

The protagonist's soulless smile in these games gives me life.

I reckon they'll be dumb enough to remove breeding.

They're well designed and interesting, exactly the kind of thing pokemon needs, but they're far from difficult and they're used really poorly. Hopefully GF learns from them instead of just shelving them because the concept didn't work out well.

Is the Sun & Moon anime worth it? What about the dub?

It also comes after about four other battles.

>picking your nose competitively
Maybe there's like, five people on this board better than I am? I doubt any of them are in this thread, though.

I'm betting on SOS battles.

Ah, here's a few good quotes from it, issue 240, April 2009. Actually was about Plat, but I digress.
Masuda:
>I get back in touch with the elementary student mentality, and I realize I can't carry on with complex gameplay anymore.
>We care most about the new user. Will they understand how to step out of the house?
Kawachimaru: (The director for Platinum)
>I want everyone to play in Platinum and try and break the Battle Frontier record. I think the Battle Frontier is the final destination after all.
>Rather than feeling obligated to entertain people, I was presenting ideas like "wouldn't it be fun if we make it this way?" I have to be confident in my ideas and that's why I didn't feel as pressured. (masuda basically says he doesn't feel pressured about existing fans because they come automatically and he hands it to them to check out).

Anyway for your other points, Masuda "allowing them to be made" isn't a point in his favor. He didn't direct it.

2 Pokemon and neither of which can be an anchor. There's no MILTANK USED ROLLOUT moments in the newer games. It's just generic whatever Pokemon that happen to fit into the type the trainer uses. It's like they used a randomizer, plug in the numbers and that's fucking that. Zero personality and zero memorability

The lion of the land

Attached: landorus.jpg (265x320, 51K)

Why don't we talk about what we like about the new games? I like playing dressup

>pokemon
>hard
Kek the only thing hard was trying to escape the handholding

I hope the gen 8 region won't feel as small and claustrophobic as alola does. Breaking up the region between 4 smallish areas was not a good idea

Attached: Alola_USUM_artwork.png (1280x905, 1.81M)

It's a great anime for kids. It's a horrible anime for anyone that is capable of remembering anything. Pokemon is like the Simpsons, you aren't really meant to watch it all together, you can watch one episode or a chunk and get your fill, stop watching and watch another chunk. Idk how anyone can handle the CBT that is watching Ash live out a perpetual hell of being ALMOST the best and then in a new movie soothing some legendary Eldritch horror Pokemon into not destroying all life as we know it.

Good fucking riddance I say. Terrible replacement of Hordes and Dexnav.

Also watch festival plaza be the one thing most don't want back returning.

Attached: Sun_Moon_Festival_Plaza_artwork.png (905x1280, 1.69M)

this nigger

Attached: 608925_guzszzzz.png (1276x1188, 1.29M)

>There's no MILTANK USED ROLLOUT moments in the newer games
There are, the thing is you're just not a retarded kid anymore, you've grown into a retarded adult. Whitney wasn't even fucking hard.

Attached: 1520710240147.jpg (2039x1378, 3.02M)

You know it'll come back since we don't have a bottom screen for PSS anymore.
Also fuck them for removing PSS.

Gen 7? properly sized character and world and not the chibi look

Why does that upset you?

I like Gen 7's roster of Pokémon outside of its starters, the bird & rodent lines.
There's been a good effort to make them stand out one way or another: There's very few Gen 7 Pokémon that don't actually have a signature move or ability. Exception is the Ultra Beast, who are unique in every other way: Unique stats & designs.

The overworld map doesn't even try to conceal being linear.

Huh he doesn't? user asked what we liked about the new games.

It doesn't actually contact her until she recaptures Nebby.
It's even stated in game that she became like that because it was her coping with losing Mohn. The UBs were an extension of that because they were the subject of his research. She was a tad less nuts in USUM because the URS gave her an out right away but also a new conflict to go with it.

DP shits on USUM

>PSS is gone forever
And now we have PAID online. Jesus fucking Christ watch as the online is the jankiest shit.

The annoying thing that you can still have PSS work with one screen. Have it pop up as a side menu like the one in Smash ultimate.

No, Whitney was a difficulty spike. Noone is arguing about Pokemon being hard, new Pokemon games you don't even have to consider type advantage, hell you don't even have to train your Pokemon, you can continually just dump your Pokemon and use whatever you catch and win.

To be fair all the DS games and even GBA games do. Heck arguably even XY does too

Like they'll be smart enough to figure that shit out.

Why aren't you using a Steel Type, Yea Forums?

Attached: registeel.gif (600x600, 14K)

>XY: Clothes, horde battles, and the overall region appearance.
>ORAS: Primal forms and Deoxys space battle.
>Sun/Moon: Totem battles, Team Skull (except Plumeria who was just there), and the main story.
>Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: The design of the Ultra Space locales.

I agree. Its really hard to watch the cutscenes.

>I get back in touch with the elementary student mentality, and I realize I can't carry on with complex gameplay anymore.
Indeed it's crystal clear EXACTLY what he means here
*eyeroll*
>We care most about the new user. Will they understand how to step out of the house?
This has nothing to do with the present discussion.
>Kawachimaru: (The director for Platinum)
Obviously
>(masuda basically says he doesn't feel pressured about existing fans because they come automatically and he hands it to them to check out).
Yep, I'm totally gonna take a paraphrase / secondhand account from someone biased against him seriously.
>Anyway for your other points, Masuda "allowing them to be made" isn't a point in his favor.
Why not?
The fact is when he was in charge, only XY didn't get a followup. Every game during his headship got expanded and reworked content for their second release.
Ohmori became in charge with Gen VII. And USUM is the result of his direction (you know what sense I mean by this).

>arguably even XY does too

Whoa, let's not get crazy now.

Why is he sieg heiling?

>The design of the Ultra Space locales
Which heavily suffered from being nothing but hallways to lead you to an Ultra Beast.

Attached: Ultra_Deep_Sea.jpg (3677x2458, 1.34M)

>Whoa, let's not get crazy now.

I have my issues with XY but it still felt like an adventure through the region even with those annoying friends. At least there was no got dang stoutland blocking my route multiple times. Also Kalos lets me wear some damn pants.

Look at this triangle Yea Forums

Attached: triangle.png (750x650, 109K)

Yeah, it sucked. I liked how the areas looked, but they were too small.

that's a cool triangle, user
where'd you get it?

>delta episode used the birth island event deoxys puzzle animation

What a great callback

Attached: 1533756458060.jpg (1100x618, 86K)

I remember back when Alola's map was first revealed, people insisted that there was a ton of content hidden under the clouds that would make the game feel large and fleshed-out. People fall into Pokemon hype and ignore all the warning signs every single fucking time.

Attached: 06a.png (510x346, 242K)

I'm still mad.

Attached: Motherbeast.jpg (3630x2234, 779K)

DUN DUN DUN
DO DO DOOO
DO DO DO DODODDDO

DId you actually try to run from a trainer battle?

Normies eat it up too. The writing is on the wall with sword and shield, this one I can't even be optimistic about. The first Pokemon game that I can't even effectively like to myself about, this next one looks like such unapologetic trash, and people will consume it, forget it exists, and we will continue to have these threads just wishing for GF to give a damn like they used to

I remember. especially on vp. I knew not to set myself up for that imminent disappointment.

Attached: 1555640111883.jpg (494x715, 73K)

>losing so hard that you try to run from a trainer battle

Attached: 1480097652227.png (245x226, 79K)

Speaking of shit to be mad about...

Attached: explorable area.png (1119x899, 1.7M)

I lost all hope in Sword and Shield the moment I saw the starters' designs.

The biggest disappointment is that following still might be left out again despite the switch being able to handle it. heck the 3ds could have handled it too

Attached: Walking N.gif (509x491, 3.96M)

XY was solid, the problem is just that it never got a third version.

By the standards of first versions, such as to GS, RS, DP, etc, it set a really strong foundation.

And that giant whilpool is completely animated but it's never fucking seen

>Unobtainable ingame
>Not even distributed
Fuck this shit

Attached: azureflute.png (120x120, 1K)

3d models were a mistake

>Been playing Pokemon for years
>Play though Ultra without Exp share and battle set
>Ather paradise Guzma wipes the floor with me like 10 times
>Leave, evolve my Vibrava into a Flygon
>Come back, he destroys me yet again
>Eventually win, then Lusamines Clefable completely dunks on me
Yeah, I turned the share back on at that point.
To be fair, most of the game wasn't this hard, just those 2, Totem togedemaru and that fairy one and necrozma.

>tfw no dream park
I SWEAR I ONLY COME BACK TO THIS ROTTEN FRANCHISE BECAUSE ONLINE DOUBLE BATTLES ARE FUN AND SHOWDERP IS ENTERTAINING

Attached: 1556474936912.png (1228x1080, 1.26M)

>but done the opposite for comp battles (Stallshit)
Stallshit is only viable in Smogon due to how they try to make every playstyle viable. Most of the non-box legends that got banned to ubers take a massive dump on Stall, there's a few exceptions but yeah.

>this is too complicated
>but the regi trio hunt is fine
I'm honestly surprised that wasn't removed from oras

Gamefreak stopped giving a shit. They decided to fully embrace the fact that they don't actually need to try because the games will sell regardless of quality.

The oldest trick in the book

Attached: arceussteel.png (640x510, 149K)

I just remember being disappointed by the cast of characters, honestly. The Gym Leaders never do anything, barely anyone reacts to Team Flare, the scientists that aren't Xerosic are forgettable, Dexio and Sina just exist for no real reason, no one reacts to Lysandre clearly being batshit, Malva only reveals that she's part of Team Flare after you've gotten rid of Team Flare, the Champion is a literal who that only shows up twice before her battle, etc.

>No, Whitney was a difficulty spike
If you were fucking braindead, sure. Johto is a fucking joke.

An ACTUAL difficulty spike is rival 2 in both gen 1 and 2. Whitney has Rollout. Her Clefairy is the bigger threat with rng.

I swear you Miltank fags are right up there with genwunners. "Yup, now THERE was a boss fight..."

Attached: Wallys+current+team+_27a4e92ce9a32019fe1c8b92f821112b.jpg (774x665, 165K)

That Clefable was annoying for me, but mainly because it used a bunch of defensive moves, so I just sat there chipping at it for a while.

Attached: c5cf5b71ff95bac8f35a72cc216c685e.jpg (500x724, 35K)

For a second I had no idea what was going on here, but now I see this is some next level mind games.

XY honestly were lame outside of the online and stuff like character customization. Kalos as a region was pure dogshit for like 60% of the game.

Attached: Kalos_Route_13_XY.png (1039x686, 1.31M)

>because the games will sell regardless of quality.
This isn't entirely true. It sold over 10 million but LGPE definetly sold less than what gamefreak and nintendo were expecting from it. Especially compared to smash ultimate. Screw kanto pandering

Attached: Gamefreak oops.png (1366x768, 1.03M)

this is barely different to Hoenn's and Unova's desert desu
it's by no means exciting but it's pretty standard

>LGPE definetly sold less than what gamefreak and nintendo were expecting from it.
How so?
10 mil would be around what one would expect from a remake, no?

>this is barely different to Hoenn's and Unova's desert desu
So you don't remember either of those areas, huh?

Here's a hint - Kalos has overworld encounters that repels won't work on.

Why didn't they keep this design for Colress in Gen 7 when it looked far closer to Aether's designs?

Attached: 1501542648684.png (700x905, 348K)

>Lusamine is a murderous psychotic
How do they distinguish her from Ghetsis since they made him crazier too?

Miltank's bullshit stems off the fact that it's the mon with the best stats in the game up until that point coupled with the first appearance of 3 new moves you had no idea of what they did also she can RNG you pretty fucking badly with attract+stomp.
Is the fight overhyped? Absolutely. Is it understandable that lots of people had trouble with it at least one time? Definitely.

And those encounters often have Arena Trap

Hoenn and Unova doesn't have wind blowing you and pokemon chasing you.

Attached: 1519617042221.jpg (480x368, 18K)

>I DON'T think she's a 'dindu' in USUM, but that was clearly their intent.
The URS literally shit talk her and blame her for making things worse. She is clearly given blame.

>the Pokemon have Arena Trap, too

Attached: 605.png (600x564, 295K)

>There's no MILTANK USED ROLLOUT
There's literally a Machop immune to Attract you could bring into the fight. It's no different from the Z-Moves given to you strong to the Totem you could use to nuke it down.

Because the twist of the seemingly benevolent company being evil was already used by Shadows of Almia

>Long-time fans
>Professional players
>Throw in tutorial after tutorial with little to no challenge
>Real difficulty is online the meta-bugaloo
If they're going to lie they can at least give the option in their games to disable tutorials.

Attached: 1556481835431.png (150x155, 41K)

Maybe because it's the 2nd most blatant cash grab in the series behind LGPE. It's not hard to just increase a couple numbers to make things more difficult.

>Whitney was a difficulty spike
>Not having a fucking rock type on your team
You picked the frufru faggotmons and let her funtari self peg you to death, these are the fundamentals of nature.

>So you don't remember either of those areas, huh?
I definitely remember Hoenn's and all that's there is the sand tower, which disappears and is a glorified item drop, and the Regi cave, which is a glorified boss stage.
Unova has underground dungeons unlike Hoenn but similar to XY's Flare base.
Again, I'm not saying that's good or bad, but don't act like XY somehow didn't live up to its predecessors in this area.
>Kalos has overworld encounters that repels won't work on.
They don't? Not talking about sky 'mons, are you?

Why are you talking to me like I haven't played the games?
>Is the fight overhyped? Absolutely.
Good, we agree, because the assertion that USM has no "Miltank" moment is retarded. Lurantis can absolutely shit on you with Sunny Day. Marowak can absolutely shit on you if you aren't packing ground moves. Araquanid can absolutely shit on you if it gets healed nonstop.

But Yea Forums plays with EXP share on in shift mode, so everything is EZ now compared to the SUPER HARD gen 1 and 2 titles you played when you were dumb kids.

Attached: 1532669699457.jpg (600x610, 57K)

Why didn't they release BW2 trailer's remixes, is a more important question.

You're really thick. The Kalos desert is just cancerous to play because it has forced encounters with arena trap. In addition the power plant is pure cut content so it feels like its a complete fucking waste.

I think it really needs to be emphasized that you haven't really beaten a Pokemon game that you've played in Shift.

What the fuck do you want then user? I sourced a claim with a concrete source. The rest of the quotes are that he gets into a "mind reset" when he makes games, that he puts visual cues in, and that is literally exactly what Masuda said, he says that he worries about new fans and feels like he just hands the game to existing players to check out so they stress him out less. I honestly don't know what more you need. From the games he's made to his prodigy, Ohmori, he's shown that he's a very different man than he was when he made RS. He handed his game off (in this case the shitfest of original DP) for other people to fix, that isn't a mark of a good creator.
I hope you enjoyed LGPE, the latest turd shat out by your precious overlord Masuda.

Not to mention the random rails placed everywhere.

It had the perfect amount of nostalgia fanservice, QoL features, and exploration (getting to explore the entire other half of the region at your leisure after the E4).

Yeah I didn't wanted to play this garbage after 3 hours of gameplay and every 10 mins you get a cutscene stopping you from playing the actualy game

I enjoyed the difficulty of sun & moon but the rest of the game is trash and Ultra sun & Moon didn't fix any of that shit

What I said was that what you provided doesn't back up what you're claiming it says unambiguously, and that you''re ust interpreting it and that that doesn't mean shit to me.
You done now?

Attached: pokemon - 1540892389701 - Haha, XD.jpg (600x600, 65K)

USUM made all the bosses better. Electric trial in particular.
Shame the region barely had anything added.

That was the worst part of USUM. Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, and BW2 all fixed a lot of issues with the originals. USUM doesn't fix any of the flaws of SM, and in some ways makes them worse.

you have to be insane or extremly autistic to play competitvely.

will gen 8 bring back gyms?

This exact argument could be extended to Totems. Not knowing what a Totem has or is capable of could easily turn the fight south and likewise Whitney's gimmicks are easily circumvented if you knew how to counter Attract and Stomp or how to not let Roll-out snowball out of control. Having information going into the fight DRASTICALLY changes how you will handle the situations.

Pokemon is the one series on Yea Forums where everyone seems gleeful to admit how bad they are.

You guys are lazy as fuck, but even if you just injected a team you'd still be fundamentally bad at Pokemon because you don't get the game. Do you fags even know how to play doubles?

No, go look it up on a web archive. I literally gave you the fucking source, down to the goddamn issue of the magazine.
You want the direct quote?
>I do wonder if new users will play a Pokemon game, or if they will buy another game. I don't feel as pressured about the existing fans-I feel as though I simply hand them what we just came up with for them to check out (laughs).
-Page 44. The next page is an advertisement for a DS game called "Boing! Docomodake DS"

That's pretty much the entire series. Play Touhou Puppet Dance Performance, it plays exactly like Pokemon with lots of parallels but, you will find it way harder than the average Pokemon game simply due to lack of information on type matchups and what each move does.

I just wanna be there for eventual nsp leak. SM were garbage games but the leak hype somehow made it enjoyable.

>Pokemon is the one series on Yea Forums where everyone seems gleeful to admit how bad they are.
Reminder that /vp/ got bodied by a professional Football player using a shitmon. Reminder that Yea Forums is worse than /vp/ at Pokemon too.

>XY
>Region with shitmon except Greninja and talonbro
>Game with no hard mode even though the game before had it
>Game with dumb decisions such as having both bike and skates available

Not buying it user

What would it take for Sword & Shield to win you over? Larger Post-Game? Different difficulties? Better balancing?

It fucking disgusts me as well user. But they decided to prioritize getting japanese toddler's attention instead of adding something that'll make the game 100% better.

That guy is fucking amazing, one of my friends who played in the college marching band met him years back. Total cool dude and yeah he shat all over /vp/, not even using OU copypasta stuff.

This is XVkun tier arguing.

Everything that has been shown already has turned me off.
I'm tired of them not innovating. Change the formula already. Make something bigger and better. Pokemon has enough money to make Rockstar-scale games, there's no excuse for the small shit they put out.

XY was not solid.
The online, which carried to a SLIGHTLY more complete game, ORAS, was the only good part.

Who

Good online, like at least PSS good, with more features and shit to do
Good postgame trainer battles, USUM is really lacking this for repeatable fights

Attached: 1551371082772.jpg (1200x938, 105K)

Yeah, and that's the exact reason why the games seemed far harder 20 years ago than they do now. You know going in at least 80% of the mechanics, especially the type chart memorized. And it's only worse if you choose to play with a bunch of older Pokemon on your team.

pretty based response

GreatBlackOtaku
archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/17251000/

Used Honchkrow like a fucking boss

Attached: 1547600164554.webm (540x360, 137K)

Brennan Williams.
Former football player and now professional wrestler, also massive weeb.
youtube.com/watch?v=2_qxn_8sybw

All I want is some cool bug types like Gen 7. I don't have confidence, I feel another Kalos coming, i.e. fuck bug types, here's a few temporary super forms and one single gimmick butterfly. I guess said butterfly is fun in comp but I don't play comp.

What's the difference between using EXP share while running from wild battle encounters and skipping forgettable easy trainer battles vs not using EXP share and fighting everything you see?

Attached: 1545149450510.png (400x384, 45K)

What an efficient use of time and resources, Game Freak!

Attached: yikes.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Bug catchers are literal children or queers. Get a grip.

Why does /vp/ dislike him so much? He's not even that broken.

The best part is, you can't even see the whirlpool unless you cheat.

Gen5-7 has been god tier for bugs. Vivillon was really fucking good and had a neat gimmick.

Attached: 1551144476736.png (4500x2160, 696K)

Leak was pretty great. Especially when cfw bros got the game earlier since someone nabbed a review copy.

I don't care about the bugfaggot trainer classes, they just have the best designs.

Attached: Golisopodflag.jpg (2894x4093, 982K)

He's seen often and is ugly. Yes, that's it.

are you being intentionally daft?

>He's not even that broken.
They literally can't wrap their heads around that being very very well-rounded =/= broken

I miss sprites. The 3D models look like shit, probably because move animations may as well be 2D sprites.
>Pokemon does a jump animation
>Doesn't even bend its legs

Attached: 1512599015711.jpg (832x960, 131K)

Grow up bugfag. Your shitty jobber type is never going to be good

this

Gen 5 and 7 yes. 6 no. GTS scalpers and the shitfest of wifi general didn't make the umpteenth lepidopteran in the series worthy of being the only line. First gen I couldn't make a full team of new Pokemon I liked, basically the main reason I didn't enjoy XY.

The models are fine, but their animations are fucking garbage.
Game Freak's models with Genius Sonority's animations would be fucking amazing.

is this your conversation?
are you retarded?
buzz off

>character walks left four steps, stops
>character turns 90 degrees
>character walks up toward edge of screen
In 2D, this looks fine. In 3D...
3D exclusive: crossfade to black to transition from cutscene to gameplay

>gen 6
>shitfest of wifi general
Were you just a rude sperg or what? Pre-bank gen 6 was a crazy time where everyone was willing to help everyone. I bred up some 5IV Magikarp in nice balls and just traded my way to whatever I wanted.

oh i'm sorry, i need your permission to join in a conversation on an anonymous image board website? fuck off cunt, guess that answered my question about you.

I also don't play competitive so whatever, and Volcarona is pretty good I hear. No reason to with the way the game is right now. Healthy meta log lion and Tapu spamu doesn't really draw me in.

Attached: Buzzwole drains Snorlax.gif (600x339, 3.43M)

A Wii game did proper animations, I swear if they get lazy with sword and shield like the handhelds I'm going to be expecting it but also slightly pissed.

Attached: 1551637909441.gif (540x360, 3.95M)

I routinely shit on meta stuff with my goofy Oranguru/Torkoal/Liligant core but hey, what do I know. It always cracks me up when people like you comment about the meta from such an obviously closeminded perspective.

Why is the pokemon fanbase so obsessed with self imposed challenge?

No? I only posted a few times but they were freaking the fuck out. Maybe I caught them on a bad day but in hindsight I don't particularly want to trade FCs with someone from /vp/. I managed to collect about a dozen patterns before I gave up because they didn't look any more satisfying than the native one I had and the event ones. Just really disappointing overall.

Hes a seething bugkid

Because it's the only way to actually get any challenge out of these games.

Then we get this, worse part is flying mons don't even flap their wings anymore.

Attached: 1551640534461.gif (500x281, 3.24M)

Its just kinda silly to hear people still whining about how easy Pokemon is when they play on baby mode.

You know that when you play real people and they switch Pokemon, it doesn't tell you what they're going to switch in and ask how you want to proceed, right?

I don't know the meta, that's all just from secondhand info. I repeat, I don't play comp. I don't find it entertaining. I'm not angry, I'm just genuinely confused about what you're trying to attack here. I like their designs. They look cool.

Omfg based

>Skip gens 4, 5, and 6
>Buy Moon
>Cutscenes out the ass
>Random difficulty spikes
>Golisopod
>Unlikable characters
It's shit

Why are you talking about how bad the meta is when you don't play it and have admitted that you don't know what its like, then?

I miss the route and dungeon design of the older games. The entire eastern land half of Hoenn is just perfection.

Attached: Hoenn_Route_119_E.png (640x2240, 68K)

The Tapus are retarded and having at least one is basically required in competitive, and most Alolan forms are shit even though their designs are cool

>not XDs final battle against 6 fucking shadow pokemon, all of which you need to catch
>3 of which are legendaries
>the other 3 are the fucking Gen 1 OU allstar lineup

Attached: 1535489446584.jpg (271x325, 24K)

I didn't say it was bad. I was just quoting basic info and what I was told about it when I asked last. I don't know if it changed since then, and I don't care. I don't like Lando-T as a design and I do like the Tapus but people say anyone who uses them is a faggot.
Anyway I don't know why you tried to attack me over what type of Pokemon I like. Are you just bored?

Amazing how Yea Forums is better for Pokemon discussion than /vp/
You literally aren't allowed to enjoy or dislike anything on /vp/ anymore without the entire thread getting derailed by a hundred autists

>This BOILING bug chaser

You're talking to one person, don't blame me for the other guy being a sperg about you liking bug

>The secret base north of the weather building
Was there ever a comfier idea than secret bases in Gen 3?

I mean he's not wrong. Tapus and intimidate do happen to be near omnipresent. And if he's the type of person to play with bugs I'll assume he doesn't play with legendaries so much hence why he's probably put off by comp.

>Remove the climactic bonding scene with Lillie

...for what purpose?
Cute events with Lillie was one of the few things good about the game.
Without that, all the game is you going through islands beating minigames until you ultimately have to beat up Lillie's mom and you are done.

I'm just confused. I didn't insult you or try and attack you at all. I don't understand your reply.
I apologize then.

>Skip gens 4, 5, and 6
at that point it's not skipping, it's stopping being a fan

Secret bases in Gen 6's version of it. Adding online was just what it needed.

I still paid attention to what was going on with mechanics and new Pokemon, I just didn't have a DS until the time Sun and Moon came out

why do you think this thread isn't entirely /vp/ crossposters?

Gen 7 is my second favorite gen behind 5, and I've played them all except Emerald and GS (had Crystal though). USUM is also better than SM and I never feel the need to go back to SM while I regularly pop in USUM.
Dead fucking serious.

Because if it was this thread would be nigh unreadable

Lillie's mom isn't the main antagonist of USUM. USUM actually lacks a villainous presence until postgame. Gen 7 in general seems to be more focused on the idea of treating Pokemon with respect, rather than coming up with classifications to justify mistreatment. Even Necrozma isn't evil, he's just in pain and starving.

This is awful bait god this place really is infested with Nintendo loving newfags

>Even Necrozma isn't evil, he's just in pain and starving.
I fucking hated this. Make an evil Pokemon already you cowards.

Because she stays instead of leaving so you have forever with her. She's a rather weak fairy type battle partner.

/vp/ doesn't play the games anymore. Stuff like the monotype tournaments used to be huge draws over there but now you'll be lucky if you can find 3 people to play a wifi match with.

They already did, its Darkrai.

That battle was fucking amazing. You just caught the big boss Lugia and think you're done with Shadow Pokémon, and then he just pulls out an entire party of big shadow Pokémon, including the fucking bird trio, out of fucking nowhere. And unlike Colosseum there's no infinite ball fuckery so good fucking luck catching everything

>Gen 7 is my second favorite gen behind 5
unsurprising
you're just a different breed of fan

Happens in the anime (a single Malamar), but otherwise it's the antithesis of their design philosophy. From the very start they said no Pokemon is truly evil, they only can have trainers that make them do bad things.
Darkrai is not evil.

Not enough seething over Unova/Kanto to be a /vp/ thread.

Darkrai isn't evil either except in PMD. I want to see an actually evil Pokemon do something in the story of the mainline games.

>/vp/ doesn't play the games anymore
sounds like they've reached Pokemon nirvana, no?
anyway, it's irrelevant, because it's not like you can't speak about literally 15 years worth of experience

>Retard knows the Exp. share is badly designed and makes you overleved for 3 games now
>"hurrr, i'll keep it on because the game gives it to me already activated, that means im meant to use it!!"
You people are literal fucking retards, no joke.

Darkrai is absolutely evil. You should play the Strange House sidequest in BW2 someday.

Attached: 1554652891735.jpg (1200x675, 104K)

It isn't currently embroiled up in a genwar stirred up by obvious trolls and contrarians. Discussing any Pokemon game on /vp/ is now impossible because of this shit.

It isn't because of the cutscenes if that's what you're thinking. It's the Pokemon designs.
For the record, I can at least acknowledge that 7's games (when judged on a more objective level of comparison) are among the weaker games overall.

>(when judged on a more objective level of comparison)
That's retarded

It's because this thread doesn't have to do with Unova nor Kanto.
Yea Forums still shitflings over Unova and Kanto.

Basically, on Yea Forums and /vp/, it's Unovafans against everyone else, and now increasingly Johtofans against everyone else. Unovafans just use Kanto as a boogeyman.

>KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO is a boogeyman
Why do I get the feeling you're just trying to start shit?

That is not evil. That's a natural protective mechanism. Darkrai doesn't do it with malicious intent in mind, that is what is evil.
Well I mean when comparing a list of the features per gen.
>less side content
>less postgame content
>lower amount of new Pokemon with the exception of 6
Generally it has less. I'm willing to make arguments FOR it of course, but overall I do see that it has big flaws inherent to it. To not see the flaws of something you like would be blinding oneself. Understanding the problems with it makes me appreciate it more and have a proper ground on which to discuss it upon as well as the assets it has.

Its a shame the route design falls off after Lilycove. I do enjoy exploring all the ocean stuff but a little variety would have been nice with regards to caves and side areas along the way.

Attached: 1546273116829.jpg (600x848, 90K)

>Discussing any Pokemon game on /vp/ is now impossible because of this shit.
It's because most threads present themselves as overly boastful and begging for people to bite. "Say hello to the best games in the series"---that kind of OP invites argument.
If people stopped making threads like that and obvious hugboxes and just acknowledged their champion's flaws honestly, then there'd be less mayhem.

>and just acknowledged their champion's flaws
My champion has no flaws

Attached: 1552010718373.jpg (600x918, 81K)

The sea routes were fine when it came to level design, but their biggest problem was the lack of Pokemon variety. All you ever encountered were Wingull and Tentacool.

>>less side content
>>less postgame content
>>lower amount of new Pokemon with the exception of 6
None of these are inherently bad, it's all a matter of opinion. Every game has a different post game that may attract different types of people, you can't have an objective look at it.

t. retard

XY's postgame sucked dick

>less content isn't inherently bad
Guess there are /vp/ crossboarders here after all.

>"my opinion is objective and here's why!"
Kill yourself.

>KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO is a boogeyman
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
If you're implying you believe in KANTOOOO:
Yes, it is a boogeyman. While it is true that Kanto gets an undue amount of attention from GameFreak. It is not true that Gen 5 onward gets criticism because of not pandering to Kanto enough. Unovafans frequently try to claim this is the reason why their games, particularly Black/White, are derided in order to deflect and sweep under the rug criticism.

Well perhaps "objective" was the wrong word then. I just wished to remove some of my bias from analyzing the games.
Keep in mind this does not mean that I dislike the stuff I mentioned.
I like the side/post content like surfing and wormholes in USUM. I loved all of the new Pokemon except the final evos of the starters, and Lycanroc. I generally enjoyed the game overall. I simply wished the glean the elements most commonly deigned to be flaws by most, and try and understand why they are as such.
Does that make more sense?

Attached: Fennelshh.png (1229x1200, 1017K)

>It is not true that Gen 5 onward gets criticism because of not pandering to Kanto enough.
Nah, you're full of shit. The ice cream cone and the garbage pokemon are the most likely to be mocked by genwunner fags on facebook, and I've encountered this in real life before as well. My anecdotal evidence means more to me than your anecdotal evidence.

Well I think its obvious she wasnt a antagonist.
Wasnt she literally brain washed by the Pokemons from another dimension

it takes a lot more effort to put soul into 3D models than it does for sprites, and "effort" has never been a Game Freak forte.

>Less content is good
Your argument is self defeating because more options and things to do would inherently appeal to more people

/vp/ hates gen 6 and 7 with a burning passion, though. The games they love are the ones they first played, the ones from gen 4 and 5. You know, the worst ones.

Attached: Link_Artwork_8_(The_Minish_Cap).png (200x306, 87K)

And you just confirmed it. If you want a genwar so badly go back to /vp/.

She was just hopped up on jellyfish jizz by the end of the game, the Nihelgo wasn't actually evil.

There are some good models.

Attached: 1554717739199.gif (240x240, 1.51M)

>shadow moves are universally super effective except against other shadow pokemon
>this either forces you to constantly take SE hits or cause the grind game with an equal team of 6 shadow mons
>except your mons probably arent shit like zapdos, rhydon or even tauros and even as shadow pokemon likely cant take the blows
i played a romhack of XD that added fairy type and changed the shadow mons around making the game even harder
>when greevil sends out rayquaza and deoxys

Attached: 1555929523485.jpg (972x972, 359K)

>>Less content is good
And you can't even properly interpret a paragraph of text

There is some soul in them. The problem is that many of these animations are so rarely used they might as well not exist.

Attached: Buzzwolesleep.gif (320x240, 2.15M)

>The ice cream cone and the garbage pokemon are the most likely to be mocked by genwunner fags on facebook
And as we ALL know, people who don't buy the games nor even keep up with the series are the ones who care the most to gather knowledge about the games and post their opinions to public forums
No, the fact is that you and your ilk will only ever acknowledge those two lines being shittalked and nothing else

Attached: r - 1526873970077.jpg (1063x1079, 129K)

What do you suppose not inherently bad means? It means someone out there would have to find it good. Don't attempt to talk down to me when you're a drooling retard user.

>No, the fact is that you and your ilk will only ever acknowledge those two lines being shittalked and nothing else
Let me know when it stops happening then

Also stop trying to start a gen war you total fucking sperg

This raises a good question. Would Pokemon be getter if double battles were the standard?

I remember the Gamecube games being Double battle only, and those had significantly difficult fights for a Pokemon game. Especially since grinding wasn’t exactly possible either.

>click curse
>win

Attached: 1497255030480.png (570x658, 200K)

I just want them to stop making the tutorials longer and longer. I know how to play the game already, stop holding my hand for so long.

Attached: 1477914193257.png (1060x777, 1009K)

>that filename
Oh hey its a dude who comes into thread to whine about gen 5

>Let me know when it stops happening then
Open your mind and ears then I'll be able to immediately
>Also stop trying to start a gen war you total fucking sperg
That's not what's happening dumbass kid.

POP QUIZ
Name all of the Gen 6 Gym Leaders without looking them up. I'll wait.

Not even the user you were arguing with but okay.

I've been in the thread
More like, "Hey, it's a dude who can't get over their victim complex enough to sort out what's actually being talked about"

Anyone got anymore Lusamine lewds?

lol I just want to go on a pokemon adventure. Hunt pokemans, tackle gyms, fill me pokedex, hunt legendaries, and beat the asses of legendary champions. The fucking cutscenes LITERALLY EVERY GODDAMN MINUTE drove me completely fucking BANANAS. I beat the vanilla moon, and bought ultra moon, but didn't get more than 2 hours into it before popping soulsilver back in. Shit is fucking ridiculous.

Camera bitch
Grant
Korrina
Ramos
Clemont
UUUUUUUUUUUUUHHH THAT ONE BITCH
Olympia
Wulfric

I'm bad with names though
I remember what a few of them look like
I started checking out around the Ice gym

Opinions aren't facts, just because a game has less / different post game content, it doesn't make it objectively worse, because, again, opinions aren't facts. Seek medical attention.

>it's an episode of "dude replies with something so controversial he manages to forget the person he replied to"
I usually only see this in smash threads, damn
Not him anyway but I always find an unintentional derail amusing

Remove the biggest waste of time in the game? I fucking wish they removed that boring grind

So you're saying someone genuinely enjoys having less content? I think that goes against basic human nature and again you're a retard who's arguing for the sake of arguing to feel smarter than he actually is. You're just going to keep repeating "opinions aren't facts *SQUAK*" like you actually have some kind of point and I'll give you (you)s for validation.

I remember the lady who was related to Alexa because Alexa has big titties
I can't remember if rock dude or grass man was here
Valerie
Clemont (anime man)
korrina (lots of nice images)
don't remember the rest. I think there was an obese old dude? Or was he in gen 5?

>UUUUUUUUUUUUUHHH THAT ONE BITCH
pixie girl

Clemont is free, Korrina is a tier below that
I remembered Grant (first gym after all) and might have recalled Olympia and Wulfric names

>*unsheaths Curse*
pssh...

This is true of every Pokemon game, Sun and Moon just take no effort to hide it.

>Or was he in gen 5?
that was the skinny monk

>SM
>USUM
>difficult
GET FUCKING GOOD - you don't even need toxic or any kind of cheese against necrozma, you dumbass shitposter. Take it to so they can blow you out even more.

V I D E O G A M E S

Grant is the second gym.

oh yeah
was he in BW2 as well? I remember Brycen more for being in the Brycen man movie. That netted my Scolipede the status of movie star, got the special ending and star animation for when I sent it out.

Jesus fucking christ, you can't be this stupid.

See

>>Remove the climactic bonding scene with Lillie on Exeggutor island 4
It's a LOT more than just that. Lusamine's entire story from SM was basically thrown out. They set her up as the villain, and the part in SMs Act 3 where you actually fight her is just completely dropped in USUM because she jobs to Ultra Necrozma.

It's like they essentially replaced Act 3 of SMs story with a poorly injected monster of the week story about Necrozma, with no actual flow between the two.

To top it off, all the stuff like Lusamine turning out to be potentially recoverable from her Ultra drug psychosis and Lillie travelling to Kanto to try and save her and having that goodbye with you is completely gone too. Lillie doesn't leave so there's no goodbye and Lusamine is just fine and okay and giving public announcements after losing to Necrozma.

Attached: 1dd559f92da8234c590ef48727597b40.png (751x970, 163K)

>bait
>Yea Forums falls for it

I wish pokemon had legit competition so they'd feel like they had to make better games. Too bad anything that involves collecting monsters is instantly called a pokemon ripoff, followed by GF ripping off things from it.

Attached: 1471919695924.png (224x224, 30K)

I didn't even care at this point because it was basically heaping shit on a shit sundae. SM had a terribly written story and going down from there was impressive. At least the totems and dex were better. I filled a whole box with just Buzzwoles.

based

Attached: 1547336613443.jpg (249x250, 13K)

>Pokemon thread on Yea Forums
>Pokemon fans enter it

Why is nobody mentioning the absolutely fucking retarded encounter rates and mon distribution?
>new gen 7 mons
>10%, sometimes even 5% encounter rate in a single area of the game
>meanwhile every single fucking route in the game has goddamn wingulls and rattatas

Temtem soon

Attached: temtem - 1539986039290.png (680x1419, 380K)

It's so obvious that they plainly ripped off Yokai Watch for a lot of shit in Gen 7.

this is how I feel about any self imposed challenge, but especially nintendo-exclusive series
Like fuck man I can just use the MyCastle in FE but apparently that's cheating.

they're competing over children, not adults

Attached: pokemon and yokai watch - 1547418091221.png (1216x2744, 3.54M)

Golden Sun has the same problem and yet the retards here defend it to pieces. Yea Forums is inconsistent as fuck. You'd think Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon would be the game they're looking for.

That game looks terrible.

I haven’t played YW. What did they rip off?

Literally the only hard part of Gen 5 is Ghetsis in BW and maybe Colress in BW2 if you're a shitter, and Ghetsis is only difficult because he throws cheatmons at you. Alder is Diantha-tier and Iris dies to powder snow

Because aside from their toilet bird fetish, no new Pokemon is actually locked to a 1% encounter rate (not even the fishing mons, since bubbles up it) which is good for Pokemon, because they do fucking retarded shit like Munchlax in other games.
At the very least you have a 5% chance at minimum locked rate.

i want a day of the fucking rope for that piece of shit bird. Also you forgot about about the earlygame mons that didn't evolve until endgame

>ripped off soultimates with Z-Moves
>ripped off whisper with the Rotomdex
>couldn't even add following pokemon despite YW being able to do the same

I really wish i could find out what happens at GF, because so many things scream "troubled development" at best, and "complete apathy" at worst.

Wanna know the secret?
Golden Sun is an old game and automatically good
Gen 7 is relatively new and is therefore automatically bad

>That game looks terrible.
Why? I don't think so.

Attached: 1540000577890 - temtem not looking so bad now, hunh.webm (720x404, 2.83M)

>I didn't wanted
ESL pls go

Golden Sun is legitimately one of the worst RPGs I've ever played and that's the whole series not just the big scary Dark Dawn boogieman

Get your eyes checked.

Red+Blue > Yellow

No Missingno/M'block glitch, why even play it beyond getting extra starters to trade

>Most difficult

Attached: DlSof[1].png (1312x815, 93K)

Congrats, you have taste and standards. That's rare here.

Yea Forums is full of nostalgiafags while at least /vp/ has almost none
Yea Forums also has an ungodly love for jrpgs and all their inane tropes, including slogging cutscenes
there's no inconsistency there

>That Pokedex rom map.
POKEMON S&M HAD A MAP?!

Attached: 1554411688741.jpg (1199x673, 120K)

This is my problem with nu pokemon. Last I played was alpha sapphire and i dropped Y middway. Despite liking the pokemon I just hated the storylines. They aren't bad I just think opening the game with cutscenes and too much dialogue is annoying. I should probably just persevere but I miss how it was in the originals.

Someone explain to me why we only had difficulty modes for one game and why they were locked behind some shitty key system

I like Golden Sun 2 (never played 1) and also like USUM

Golden Sun gets shit on all the time, like how you just brought it up out of the blue to do so.

yet Yea Forums constantly complains about SM and USUM having cutscenes despite them being jrpgs

That sounds awful

Intentionally keeping the player ignorant of basic systems is the wrong way to make a game difficult

Yeah, not like it needed it. Rotomdex never bugged me because the region design is so bland.

For me, this is at least twice better than the garbage that is Dragon Quest monsters, Digimon, and Yokai Watch designs
It's no Gen IV-, but it's serviceable. You have to at least give it that. Not even GameFreak can live up to GameFreak anymore.

I shit on Trails in the Sky for the same reason. 14 hours in and it was still Mario & Luigi Dream Team levels of cutscene interruption. Golden Sun, I assume, at least drops that shit 5 hours in like most JRPGs. It's a common thing with the genre where the early hours are cutscene heavy to establish a premise, and then they let you go for hours on end before new cutscenes show up. Xenoblade X is a good example of that, where the first 2 hours are heavy on the cutscenes, and then it takes another 10 hours before the next cutscene heavy sequence.

probably because they don't have a good story to make up for it
also because pokemon doesn't need to be as cutscene heavy as gen 7 was

No more cutscenes and gating the player every 10 minutes

Actual freedom to explore instead of straight-line routes and progression

>Change the formula already
So, don't make Pokemon? Yeah, no. You can expand routes and cities without changing the formula.

No it isn't. You don't get railroaded nearly as hard before Gen 6. Hell, B2/W2 have long stretches where the story fucks off. You just gotta get past Virbank and you're free.

>Golden Sun drops that shit 5 hours in
Wrong. It's even worse in the sequel because you have old man redundant exposition following you around.

Sounds like what pokemon does with half the things in the game.

>overexplain catching a pokemon and using a zmove with minutes long cutscenes
>explain next to nothing about breeding
>expect people to know proper double battle tactics despite the entire game being singles

again, whether you want to believe it or not, this is /vp/ on Yea Forums right now, not Yea Forums discussing Pokemon
In every JRPG thread, Yea Forums shits on Pokemon. You will see one or two people mildly defend it and that's it.

>cutscene and tutorial every time you enter a new area
so this is the power of post-gen 3 pokemon..

Stall isn't prevalent competitively, at least not super prevalent. And most of the stall faggotry comes from things like Aegislash getting (rightfully) banned. Just give Starapter +10 base speed in Gen 8 and watch the meta swing to hyper offensive immediately.

I really need to emphasize to you guys that Yea Forums doesn't know shit about Pokemon.

Attached: 1539801124405.gif (500x500, 57K)

Even then most of the people defending pokemon sure as shit aint defending gen 6 and 7. PMD is better anyawys

Why not?
The story in Gen 7 largely fucks off in the 2nd and 3rd islands before picking back up toward the end of the latter. Meanwhile Unovabortions especially have no right to be shitting on anyone for excessive cutscenes or linear gameplay

>Ultra Necrozma
>Hard
My little brother beat it with a stall team consisting of Ledian, Drifblim, and Tyranitar.

>You don't get railroaded nearly as hard before Gen 6
Gen 5 is literally a fucking circle.

gen 7 is 2 tiny circles and 2 lines

>twice better than the garbage that is Dragon Quest monsters, Digimon, and Yokai Watch designs
>hating on Akira Toriyama
Seriously, get your eyes checked. TemTem wishes its designs were half as good as DQs.

Attached: 76EA3A1F-DBE4-4DEA-94D7-CD997D4671C1.jpg (554x554, 18K)

The games tell you about breeding

>if you leave pokemon in the daycare you might find an egg
This is all. Doesn't tell you why you'd want to do such a thing, doesn't tell you about anything else.

it makes sense for a group of smaller islands to loop around. It makes less sense for an entire region to be fucking pokeball shaped

Attached: a fucking circle.png (250x164, 106K)

Gen 5 objectively gives the player more freedom, you're retarded. Gen 7 gates you EVERY SINGLE TIME you get to a new area.

>Oh cool, a new island, can't wait to expl-
>LOL cutsecene
>LOL you can only actually visit the first two routes :^)

Gen 5 does some dumb shit like having NPCs show up to walk you 30 feet in the direction in which you were already going, but its nothing on the level of gen 7. SM felt like a boring theme park ride.

Gen 7 tells you all sorts of stuff about breeding, such as using mechanics like the destiny knot or everstone. I'm fairly certain older games did too.

Fucking based, these fanboys are totally retards.

>Golden Sun, I assume, at least drops that shit 5 hours in like most JRPGs.
Nope. There are 30-minute dialogue dumps within the first HOUR of the game.

My guess is it's a design choice harkening to classic Kaiju suits which basically always have huge thighs and hips

So as I said, the entire series is linear, Gen 7 just makes less effort to hide it.

He can fit on almost every goddamned team and function differently. If you guess the Lando wrong, you lose. I always splash Scarf Lando Calrissian on my teams, even the Stall ones, and it's always a champ. It's more busted than Gen 4 Garchomp, which got sent to heaven for being too strong.

The only thing keeping it from being banned is Greninja, and you know it.

Should i continue this nigger game ? i am where i have to leave the first island. I dont like it tho. Too much cutscenes, no gyms, map looks retarded, dialogue looks retarded and it's too much. Or should i try XY ?

To add on to this, I'd be fine with it if it wasn't the most by the numbers bland inoffensive story and characters ever put to cartridge.

They tell you Pokemon gain exp while in the daycare, that they learn new moves and that you can find eggs. Pretty sure later games also tell you about egg moves. Maybe pay attention next time.

Since this is a dedicated Pokemon thread, can any user make a good recommendation?
I have a 3DS and was tempted to pick up Ultra Sun but have heard a fair bit of shit about it. Same for X/Y and ORAS.
Which one would Yea Forums recommend? Really out of the know here, last Pokemom I played was Diamond because it made me lose interest.

>Turn off exp share
>Nuzlocke rules
Not seeing the problem here, you don't need to do anything else to make the games more difficult.

At the very least, the other games had optional dungeons and the sort. There's not really much of anything of the sort in Alola.

Platinum's a faster version of Diamond more or less. I'd recommend HGSS, gen 5, and the PMD games

>SM felt like a boring theme park ride
Unova is literally a circle
>ten million retarded N cutscenes

1. Remove Fairies
2. Either remove megas or expand theme
3. Add Challenge Mode back in.

>Really out of the know here, last Pokemom I played was Diamond because it made me lose interest.
You might, might like ORAS because it lets you fly and some other awesome things, but the other games are not so interesting.
Anyway, you're better off emulating the games.

SM are the comfiest games

Annoying as N was, he at least did something and fought you with different teams. Plus, he had faster text than anybody else.
Lillie cowers behind you and crosses a bridge.

>Gen 7
>no optional dungeons
Haina Desert and Resolution Cave

kill yourself mentally ill faggot

>Resolution cave
Postgame only, strictly a hallway
>desert
I'll give you this one, but the fact that it's arbitrarily gated off until after the ghost trial means that you'll likely forget about it because you've been told the entire game up to this point that even trying to explore is a waste of time because of roadblocks. And there's nothing at the end until after the E4 anyways.

Game Freak don't actually know what they're doing anymore, if they ever did at all. I'm not convinced that they didn't just stumble their way into fame, like Hercule or King.

Attached: Fubuki.png (359x510, 168K)

I genuinely just want a good Battle Sim from Pokémon again. Something like Pokémon Battle Revolution, but with the ability to build teams freely. Something like all the online Battle Simulator running, but with actual animations & more of a playerbase. PBR already had a good variety of unique Stadiums with interesting rules, like rental Pokémon from which you can replace 1 with one of your opponent's upon beating them, or a wheel that spins and dart throws chose the Pokémon you'd use. Minigames would also be appreciated
One of my guilty pleasures in Battle Revolution was just seeing how far I could get into gimmicks to beat your average retarded kid and his ingame team, or team of shiny legendaries. It's just so much fun. Even at a lower competitive level, people come with so little knowledge of how to play Pokémon that they can get their ass handed by pretty much everything with good predictions. It's one of the most fun games to bully bad players.

Attached: Regigigas.png (1280x1280, 866K)

Lillie's plot actually made sense, N's ideas are portrayed as not being so bad even though there's no evidence that pokemon dislike the pokemon-trainer relationship anywhere, including Gen 5.

Gen 7 also easily had the best villain team in Team Skull

Guzma was literally the only character in the game i liked. Team Skull in general was alright since it wasn't stupid shit like "lets flood the world or nuke the region"

Heard this fairly often. I have one of those R4 cards so I'll try give Heart Gold ago.

Could download it and try it, my only limit for my 3ds is the sd card size, the new pokeomons are huge. 3ds is decent because I can access past generations. But I'll see about trying ORAS, the flying and surfing was quite fun in DP.

Are they really? If a game is super comfy (but shit elsewhere) I'm not too bothered. At the point where I need a big game to pass the time and I've finished the 3ds Zeldas.

Cheers anons. ^

It's a circle but you don't actually go in a circle.

I never played Golden Sun, but long ass cutscene-laden introductions are part and parcel of playing JRPGs. Even the best ones out there, like DQ11, Xenoblade X, The Thousand Year Door, Ys VIII, and Earthbound start off slow.

But you can tell the good ones from the bad ones by when they drop the tutorial and push you out on your own.

They absolutely know what they're doing. They just have no reason to change it. The franchise is as consistently successful as it has been for 20 years.

it's too late
balance is eternally fucked
you'd just be playing PS! on a console

B2/W2 has the best overworld in the series. Suck a dick. Sinnoh would be first if Mt. Coronet didn't exist

You're not listening. Even though the tutorial is long and plodding it never stops.

Heartgold's better because you dont have to go to Whirl Islands.
Funnily enough the 3ds pokemon games are so huge and about 25% of that filesize is shitty optimization like 100 lillie models

Pokemon stadium says hello

Attached: mewtwo[1].jpg (300x225, 18K)

I didn't say it was bad.

Also fuck you, Coronet is great.

say hello to your king, pleb.

Attached: Untitled.png (793x683, 77K)

Team Skull actually gave an answer to the always shoved aside question of "what happens to kids who can't hack it as trainers". They were just a bunch of angry losers who wanted to feel special.

I gave up on it before I faced any proper challenge.

Mostly because of pedigree. Pokemon has always been behind the curve since R/S/E released. Pokemon games aren't actually good games, and I say that as someone who plays 2 - 3 of them a year. They're very poorly designed and thought out, and it's clear that from the very beginning GF were incompetent hacks who needed massive amounts of outside help to get their shit working.

At the very most, the monster designers and composers are talented. The game designers make Ubisoft and Bioware look talented

Attached: r9k becomes a hero.jpg (483x434, 78K)

Ubisofts gameplay design is typically quite good. Just very lowest common denominator approved usually.

>Coronet was great
I have the most nostalgia for Gen 4 and even I can't say that with a straight face. That's a bald-faced lie, my dude.

Attached: 1522246979099.jpg (299x347, 36K)

Maybe I just associate it with Spear Pillar too directly, but I felt the build up was good. It's been a few years though.

They make fun systems that work, just like Game Freak, but never use the game's design to test them in interesting and outlandish ways. They play it too safe and never strike gold.

Like, imagine if Tony Hawk games were literally just skate parks with no interesting set pieces. That's how I see Ubisoft games.

It's not just the final jaunt through it that sucks, it's every time you have to visit it. Gen 4's encounter rate meant that I spent 90% of my income on repels for whenever I had to go through any of the routes, and Coronet (and the other caves) were especially bad. Not to mention the massive amount of HM usage required to scale it (Defog*, Rock Climb, Rock Smash, Strength, Surf, Waterfall*) (*not strictly necessary), the bland design of it that stays consistently awful until you've beaten Candice and are going for the final battle, and to top it all off, you HAVE TO traverse it at least 3 times, with each visit being worse than the last.

Mt Coronet was Pokemon's Temple of the Ocean King

Attached: 1470618556702.gif (345x260, 2.83M)

>Screw kanto pandering

Kanto fans are who hate LG the most. With good reasons

>ORAS were shit because they didn't even bother trying to adapt the QoL additions added in Emerald. Also Zinnia sucks.
You aren't wrong, but I look at the people that enjoy the game for what it was and I desperately want to be that happy.

Attached: Bliss.png (518x216, 64K)

I enjoyed it enough to play through it twice, and I still hold that it's the best Pokemon game released in the past 7 years. Not that it's good, but it's better than everything after B2/W2, the last good Pokemon games ever released.

Super Mystery Dungeon doesn't count

Pokemon emerald for me, but I stopped after gen 3. Seemed like it had a difficulty spike at petalburg gym.

Whitney's miltank so gen 2
Or emerald for some fucky reason

>Calling DQM garbage
Get the fuck out

Attached: IMG_20190406_083808.jpg (750x734, 59K)

I wish I got a chance to play any of the sun/moon games, my 3ds broke right before it came out and I just don’t think it’s worth it to get a new 3ds

You're not missing out on much.

If you want comfy, Heart Gold is the best, but Sun/Moon are pretty comfy too. I love the laid-back tropical vibe.

Only had trouble with the big marowak, but I assume it's because I immediately benched my Litten because the starters have all been garbage since B/W.

Even then you just catch something water and catch it up to the rest of your team and it's easy, not to mention your free win button you already have the water type of at that point.

fuck off shill

Attached: usum shill bingo.jpg (580x580, 121K)

I can remember lots of music in emerald, each towns had their quirk
the feeling of adventure is the only thing that matters in pokemon games, that's why recent games are shit because everything is samey
even sun/moon which had as main story parrallel dimensions made by a big bad organism were literally 1 screen size, what's the fucking point ?

cutscenes are in Pokémon FROM THE BEGINNING. Now they only have a 3d camera.

Someone stopping you to tell/give you something isn't a cutscene, at least definitely not the obnoxious intrusive kind people complain about.

Story elements about other characters in other places and other time periods are exactly those kinds of cutscenes.

It may be a circle bu it had loads of damn side things to do unlike 7

Attached: unova bw2.png (1280x840, 160K)