steamcharts.com/app/629760
mordhau.com/forum/topic/13533/perk-tier-list-discussion/
youtu.be/EE4x-eFObks?t=68
steamcommunity.com/groups/WoRHS/discussions/0/3288067088116258589/
youtu.be/EE4x-eFObks?t=2191
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It’s good retard

>Tfw trying to play aggressive close range crossbow
This would actually be fun except every single longbow shitter immediately zeroes in on you because you're holding a ranged weapon and aren't at the back of the map hiding behind cover.

Attached: 1509987051015.jpg (1042x709, 279K)

Gypsy devs

It takes forever to get into a match, the only mode that works online the 32 v 32 objective mode and you only get rewards if you win a match meaning you can have a 10:1 K:D and still get nothing if your team is ass

Imagine launching a game so broken that it doesn't drop xp and gold after each round, meaning it is literally impossible to progress

>paying 30 dollars for a "hd" half life 2 mod
gamers confirmed dumber than sub 80 iq niggers

>Multiplayer only

Gee I can't wait for the servers to be dead in a few months, with the handful of players left being hard core meta fags who scare off any new comers and shitpost constantly in the forums.

Everything, no seriously everything i even think that chilvary is still better with the hind D vs apache memes.

I refunded that shit after an hour.

The devs said adding women in is a high priority. They purposely left women out at the start so they could shill on Yea Forums and now they're going to patch in women to shill on reddit.

Game is fun as fuck, but the meme royale is shit, horde is for queers, and Frontline is the only one that makes kind of sense. Round based team elimination would be the best and the only worthwhile mode, but it's not there.

Game is super fun, but doesn't work for shit right now.

>Round based team elimination would be the best and the only worthwhile mode, but it's not there.
Is that not what Skirmish is?
8v8, one life, first to win 7 rounds wins

Did they fix the gold/xp bug yet?

It's working for me now but not everyone I believe

>EXP/Gold finally caught up

Attached: 1478989984547.png (182x216, 64K)

I all of a sudden shot up to 7500 gold and rank 6, but now it's stuck there

What weapons you guys enjoying, throwing axes are ridiculously fun to land head shots with.

>first person to have killed me in the game is someone with a Ricardo System Shock avatar
>second one is an archer with a Geobbels avatar

I feel right at home, it's like I'm playing Chivalry again.

Attached: 6a3168b824bb628d7ce70a5af6d58077ba5f9a76ad353c5bac9fed4cdc607fd4.jpg (960x960, 106K)

b-b-but blowing For Honors water out!

nothing

Attached: forhonorfags.png (726x365, 182K)

rapier is god tier

>no horses
>no 1000 hour life halting single player campaign

a whole game about running around holding your sword backwards

I sniped some faggot Archer sitting on battlements with a throwing axe from the other side of the yard it was amazing

There are horses you retard

Seems fucking awesome so far other than no gold\exp shit and takes a long time for server browser to load.
Dont matter to me yet since I'm just using default classes

Default classes are fun enough as they are anyway for the time being.

xp needs to be fixed

>watched vid from trusted youtuber
>saw no horses
there's no horses

You are gay and and retarded

Retard

true autism

Honestly, not much.
The gold/exp thing is a non-issue and players are likely to get more cosmeticbuxx in the fix patch than they would've earned through playing
Servers are likely priority #2, and my experience of lag ingame is maybe 20% of my day 1 time, online play is very smooth otherwise.
Mechanics are just a slightly upgraded chivalry in all ways, there's nothing to complain about in that department.

I think there are just a small handful of complete faggots from FHG/Chiv that are seething about any competition, or are retaliating to that one retard that was spamming in FHG about Mord.

It's got a lot of promise, let's just hope they use the sales to get shit done in the short term and avoid an FH-like longterm disaster

Attached: 1556103263576.jpg (655x527, 36K)

longbow aggressive is better.

this has been it's destiny since it was first conceived

FIX GOLD/EXP SO I CAN BUY BETTER SHIT, REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1538697576420.jpg (400x400, 63K)

you could describe half the games in the world as
>paying X dollars for a "hd" quake mod

Dont argue with stubborn permavirgins.

>stubborn permavirgins
Trannies, user. They're trannies.

Attached: 1550308685017.jpg (566x500, 135K)

Whacha maining bois?

Attached: weaponfu.jpg (2048x1536, 262K)

I want poleaxe to step on me.

>not being able to progress at all is a non-issue

Are the servers still fucked?

Attached: 1326393844537.jpg (211x193, 8K)

For me, sometimes i get gold/xp, sometimes i dont

>removed drags, ROHs, waterfalls, sussex etc
>added stupid mechanics like chambering and morphs instead to give alpha/beta fags who had time to practice those an edge
>longass loading screens
>servers and game are bugged

Man the rapier is absolutely fucking busted for duelling, other than that, the Bardiche and Zweihander are the K/D fucking kangs, the amazing reach and cleaving power is quite something

>>removed drags, ROHs, waterfalls, sussex etc
cry harder that shitty, ridiculous looking mechanics nobody liked but you are gone chivbab

Sword/shield of fucking course

I thought shields could hold block? Targe is parry only

targe is good for its stamina drain

Fuck off, there's literally no point in using anything other than fast weapons cause stuff like a zwei are shit now.
Mordhau is a dumbed down piece of shit.

>Removes drags

Lmao what the fuck no they didn't

People use 2h weapons literally all the time in MP, they're some of the best weapons in the game. 1hs are better in 1v1s but how exactly do you propose to balance 2 modes simeltaneously?
The techniques you're bitching about are the ones that make them good if you learn them, git fucking gud

okay shitters, post all the horses

Attached: mount-and-blade.jpg (1280x1024, 246K)

>unlock halberd
>press R
holy shit this is so good

>faggot playing dumbed down chiv telling others to get good

youtube.com/watch?v=no6gTbZchMw

it good
nerf cavalry

>first time chambering a swing and cutting the heads off two people
jesus

Attached: 1555623865514.jpg (610x457, 103K)

>dumbed down
>WAHH ALPHA/BETAFAGS ARE KEKING MEEEEEE
Hmmmm!

Attached: 1553208884206.jpg (310x300, 17K)

The servers lit aflame

Nothing. The game is pretty fun and is direct upgrade to chivalry. They just need to get these server issues sorted out.

>everyone is a shitter using basic classes because progression is busted
>everyone having fun
Man it's like comfy early chivalry again

>Step to the side
>Cleave horse's leg
>Win altercation

>Sword&Buckler
>Why does she look like Komi-sa---
>"Go read Komi-san"
rly

Attached: 1535279079844.png (128x128, 4K)

It helps that the starter classes use a good spread of the game's weapons and equipment and even let you try stuff you're too low level to use

>swing
>never hit anybody
>peoples hit me like they have extra long spears from miles away
what is this fucking trash

Attached: 1531071895195.gif (250x188, 2.4M)

The game is even better than i thought it would be, and i was pretty hyped before release.

I'm a chivalry player, and think game is better than chivalry in every way imaginable. The only negative reviews so far are the server issues during the first 2 hours of launch, and no gold received, but that has already been fixed.

People are already doing 180 camera spinning and abusing crouch. Enjoy your dead game full of tryhards.

throw your weapon at them, pretty reliable kill method if you can aim

>abusing crouch
What did he mean by this?

>I can't move my weapon slightly downwards to hit someone who is slightly downards
Holy FUCK what a bad.

How do you throw ? Tutorial doesn't explain it.

>abusing crouch
You mean ducking under swings?

>180 camera spinning
You know that camera speed is capped when you're swinging, just like Chivalry? This is like the #1 shitter statement that proves someone doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about.

Attached: zoinks.jpg (499x430, 23K)

how would it run on my i7-4790k and rx580?

R

Thanks friend.

Pretty good

Can I earn gold now? I want to make my barbarian

just like eternal crusade

not yet most likely

How many short spears can I carry?
Do they OHKO with a headshot?

Im getting gold while playing horde mode but not normal, so its just normal thats fucked?

Are there javelins in this? I didn’t see any doing a quick scroll through and I’m at work now so I can’t check.

I have not seen any, but there are lots of throwing weapons

>sabre
>easy to read
>predictable
What kind of retard made the picture.

Well, there are short spears that you can throw

Google chivalry footjob and spacing

Yes, you can earn gold. They fixed that a few hours after launch

Bullshit

Would I like this game if I played a lot of Rune multiplayer when I was a kid?

Attached: rune.jpg (349x500, 40K)

it was me lmao

How does Mordhau compare to Chivalry? If it's even half as good I'm buying it as soon as I can.

Nothing?
You do only play frontline dont you op?

You can carry 3 i think

Throwing axes can kill on headshots too (depending on their armor) and they come in stacks of 5 so just do that

I think its better overall. The fights feel like real fights, the dueling is more fair, and the customization is dope as fuck.

Ive played both

In my opinion, it's pretty much just an upgrade in every way

What do you mean the dueling is more fair?

Do you still have freedom in the gameplay like chivalry? Like actually aiming and dragging your swings, footwork, jumping, ducking etc?

Chivalry had soul. This game has none.

It's just not the same without a huge stick poking piercing through the eye socket.

does this game have an objective based game mode? that was the best part of chivalry

yes

It's Chiv, but slower and with fewer mechanics

Yeah, you can do all that, but certain things such as drag speed have hardcapped maximum speeds so you cant do mega jank ballerina stuff

That's just like your opinion man

I have an old quad-core I5 and a Radeon 7850, the game manages to run at 60fps on low settings on my shitty 1650*1050 monitor. You should be able to max the settings.

r.tonemapper.sharpen 0 in console to disable the disgusting shaperning.

I'm conflicted. I'm not sure I'll enjoy a slower more limited chivalry. It gets old pretty quickly if it's just a rock/paper/scissor system. For Honor was that kind of game and it was absolute garbage.

It's more comparable to a casual party fighter now like For Honor or DW, plus it's buggy as fuck right now since it just came out

>500 kills on record
>still level 1
Incredible

>fewer mechanics

you couldn't reposte chivalry
you couldn't change slash direction in chivalry
you couldn't change weapon hold position in chivalry
you couldn't morph attacks in chivalry
you couldn't chamber in chivalry

>Slower

It's actually way faster than chivalry, especially at higher level play where people are blocking and chambering the fuck out of each other

>More limited

Not true either, game has more directions to swing from, and additional technical and defensive options (on top of the existing feinting and parrying) in the forms of chambering and morphing

>you couldn't reposte chivalry
Imagine falseflagging this hard

You haven't even played the game have you?
Still got a broken ubisoft-branded wine bottle up your ass?

Attached: 1556203205677.jpg (1024x923, 162K)

>in a duelling server
>Me and another guy flourish weapons at each other
>Combat proceeds
>Wearing each other down
>Get a meaty hit in and fucking cleave the guy's leg off
>Guy just stops, stands there, looks down at his lost leg, then looks at me for a solid couple seconds in astonishment and utters a "well now." before bleeding to death

Haha, fucking love this game so far

Attacks are slower in Mordhau, you being buttblasted won't make them faster.

Having a perk that lets you stay alive for five seconds after having a limb chopped off was a 10/10 idea.

It has LESS soul than Chiv, but still has soul.

Some of the VAs are hired from Chivalry's VAs, and when you have a small dedicated team of autists from a genre working on a game in a genre some soul is guaranteed. This isn't an AAA game.
Give it 5 years and people will be calling Mordhau soul incarnate.

Attached: 1552210319282.jpg (1000x929, 666K)

You are a top bloke

Slower than chivalry? Hell no, they're considerably faster than that at least

>It's more comparable to a casual party fighter now like For Honor

Attached: z.png (1190x906, 270K)

Damn user your mom did a cameo in this game

Attached: 20190430150007_1.jpg (1920x1080, 831K)

Nice, see you in game friend.

Attached: 87e.jpg (292x578, 48K)

>t's more comparable to a casual party fighter now like For Honor or DW
No, it absolutely isnt you fucking retard. Fuck off.

It is, otherwise people wouldn't be having quirky r*ddit fun

What is chambering?

Rekt

Attached: 1552627098490.png (533x534, 262K)

You being a dense nigger

When you use the same attack as your opponent so your hits clash

Damn bro, your mom is icy

Attached: 20190430183841_1.jpg (1920x1080, 339K)

Chambering is a special parry where you activate the startup of your weapon (must be in the same direction for this to work) and basically overwrite their attack with one of your own

>people having fun in the fun mode means people aren't having serious in the serious mode
based retard

I forgot to say you have to time it right before their weapon hits

The community in this game is great

You should all not buy it

>Having fun is now Reddit
No John, you are the demons.

you attack an attack to attack.
it was in mount and blade napoleonic wars also

Absolutely this

damn

I believe it's too late, I already saw some guys asking about the next word policy in the game chat.

N* word, fucking autocorrect

(K)Nave?

K***ht

>that reply
lurk moar before posting newfag

Not going to buy game which will be ruined by cunts in a patch soon

>no spear
>no mace
>not a single farm implement hammered into a weapon of war

trash image, sword are overrated, artist is a fag

Can't there just be a /vg/ server with a whitelist?

how's the offline/single player?

Borderline inexistant, bots are okay to fool around but it's not worth that much money for this experience, might as well play Mountain Blade or wait for Butterlord if you want a medieval solo game where you get to hack peasants up.

>got 2k gold from one horde game
>now its broken and no more gold
fug

>the lute only has 4 notes to hit
>can't sing tales or play through the fire and flames
>provides no in game benefit to compound it all except to be "Xd so randumb"

Attached: 1555783164192.gif (400x225, 950K)

>he expected actual soul from a r*ddit quirk game

The reason a lot of people don't play Chivalry is because of swing animation exploiting. People don't drop games in droves over made up issues.

How does this guy play this song then?
youtube.com/watch?v=8YQRp1J2Llc

The reason a lot of people don't play it anymore is that it's like 10+ years old now, you fuckhead. If it had actual issues that people would drop it over in masses for like you claim it would have died long ago.

Yeah I'm sure this didn't contribute at all.
The game isn't even 10 years old idiot.
youtube.com/watch?v=1b8bORjlqck

there's a lute playing program/makro

MIDI bot

>Press R
>You can now crush your ennemies' heads with the power of music

Also this is serious awesomeness

Is there any way to see people in your party easier on the battlefield? Or are you all friendless and therefore do not know? The game is great btw.

Attached: dwi.gif (400x300, 1.9M)

Making actually unique and interesting looking characters instead of using the prebuilt ones

Hyperbole, you dumb nigger. It still had a lot of players over a decent time and the only people who complain about your issues are rank 15 shitters.

b-but user it's part of the meta

Attached: 1381977957843.gif (218x228, 1024K)

Benefits:
Boosting team morale
Dropping enemy morale

Tell me what's worse
Getting your ass handed to you
Or getting your ass handed to you by some idiot using probably the lowest damage weapon in the game and then strumming an instrument randomly and hopping around

Been wondering too, couldn't spot my friend in all the clusterfuck going on. But I don't think there is, you just need to communicate and I guess

What weapons break through armor the best?

Turn off team colors then make your friends pink

All I know is I haven't seen this many people openly say the N word in chat since battlefield 1942, brings back that nostalgia for a simpler time. Chivalry had that kind of old-timey charming racism as well.

Attached: 1346576232187.gif (235x240, 1.93M)

Big ones
The bigger, the better
Seriously
Also blunt weapons
Most two handed swords also have a second grip type that helps them pierce armor better

Attached: red.png (680x823, 1.1M)

Everything.
Game was dead from the start.
The Chivalry remaster was an awful game.

And attack every guy on sight? Think I'd rather take the team colours.

On that topic, I'm surprised how little I've been attacked by teammates sofar. Thought it would be way worse with blue team especially attacking you if you're bloody. Chiv had different team models and it still happened a lot. So yeah, quite impressive I'd say. I know it says enemy or ally in the bottom of the screen, but you don't always look at that in the heat of battle.

>2012
>"10+ years"
>calling others fuckheads
based retard
>it would have died long ago
it fucking did, around 2017, which is what prompted Mordhau to be made

I thought eternal crusade's problem was it being ass

While this is mostly true, on one occasion I had a teammate full-on swing and pursue me while I was bloody

>the game has a br mode

literally why

TF2 always has based chat racism

why not

>game has popular feature that is almost guaranteed to be used
why not

>Longsword
>Good for beginners
What kind of fuckwit made this image

So what’s available to you as soon as you start? I just wanna use chainmail with that priests mantle with a warhammer

I guess there's always idiots like this, unfortunately. But still, I even found it funny how people stop attacking you pretty quickly if you don't attack them either, spamming voicelines instead. Even enemies. You can have a brief moment of comradery with quite a few people on the battlefield.

What he meant: in a few months I'm going to start getting owned by everyone and I'll stop playing

released 7 years too late. by now almost nobody plays chivalry anymore, and those who do won't be switching to a new one.

I think you need to be like rank 10 or something to unlock the mantle but chainmail is available from the start.

What loadouts are people having success with? I do pretty well in heavy armor, a shield and a spear. Hoplite-mode

Had like 16k players or something on steam day 1, will probably have more this weekend

Yeah I played yesterday and there was light horses and heavy-armored horses. How could it possibly be?

>Everyone is already crouching and stabbing at your feet because that can't be parried standing up

So the cheese begins.

Are you playing the same game?
2k hour alpha niggers are all on discord always spamming same side and completely destroying new players.

>everyone
>a few tryhards out of 64 players

>Playing the clusterfuck modes where individual skill matters jack shit because every fight is a tangle of people wildly swinging

Are they? Haven't encountered it when I was playing yesterday, but I could see them doing that too. Why are those cringefaggots always sp afraid of some healthy competition when the game they love so much is supposed to be competitive? Was the same in chivalry too, all the very high level people hated to play against eachother.

Not everyone is affected and it's day 1.

the kind of artist who uses a tumblr style. i mean that really says everything you need to know

>this game niche is empty and has been for a long time, so there definitely won't be people who want the niche filled

>being a tryhard in a game made to have mindless fun

Yeah, I notice this in a lot of other games as well. It tends to actively kill the communities they're a part of, they fucking hate losing.

The exact same problem that killed Shitvalry. Moronic "veterans" siding in the same team, abusing the physic engine, glitching to no ends. Mordhau only have the moronic "veterans". It might only survive longer.

?

Please uninstall the game.

>Not enjoying the fact that all your deaths come from someone who is not the primary target you are fighting makes you a tryhard

I guess you like the fact that you can never properly focus on fighting someone because you have to constantly check around for other players butting in.

Longsword is low skill floor high skill ceiling.
It's one of the easiest weapons to handle without muscle training, yet has one of the most in depth martial arts system behind it.

I'm waiting for the duel servers to fix that issue

the game seems to have horrible balancing issues
many 1hs do barely less damage than a 2h while being faster
spears have a legitimately broken hitbox on the thrust where its at least twice as big as it should be, or maybe its just the servers lagging but i've only noticed it happen on spear thrusts
archers being able to almost 2 shot plate wearers without a crossbow
pretty fun otherwise

so the real question is:
Will the on/off toggle for female fighters be in or not?

1hs have less range and shorter horizontal arcs. Two handeds also have multiple stances that either increase damage or put them in line with mace speed.

many of the best players use 2Hs all the time in MP for their incredible capacities in a group fight. Get fucking good man and you'll find they have a lot to offer
>spears
okay yeah they're a little too good still but don't think there won't be balance patches

Because they don’t actually like competition
They just like winning by snarking and pubstomping
Otherwise they be playing actually comp game like whatever shooter moba fighting game out there

>in a game made to have mindless fun
Maybe you should fuck off to For Honor or DW

>have one insanely long match
>tug war on both sides
>be in top 4 somewhere
>right as the match ends
>disconnect
>get nothing

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: B0BThWl.jpg (632x931, 71K)

>Chivs all time peak is 25k players.
>Shithau struggled to hit 16k.
I give this 2 weeks before all the tryharding faggot 2k hour alpha niggers drive away all new players quake style.

>start game
>it loads for 10 minutes

Chiv peaked at 4.5k on launch day

Attached: 1456950304404.jpg (229x229, 9K)

is it a now or never situation?
I don't really want to spend 30€ on Chivalry HD DLC, but if it get's cheaper, it's propably dead.

No one gets anything, its bugged, no exp or gold at the end of matches

i read that there will be a local option to remove women and play only with male models

Some of the perks are pretty retarded.

chiv had 4.5k on release, mordhau has three times that

NOOOOOOOO BROS THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING, IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR TIME

Attached: cringe.jpg (743x656, 132K)

I am new and I always end up first place on charts. You win some you lose some. Might be more common on American servers though? I know that they like to do dumb shit like that the most.

pls answer, i need to know

Attached: 1463239125609.jpg (500x335, 27K)

I wish they'd fix the money/exp bug already. How hard can it be?

Attached: 318271da980706f7a18a811c3456a77d.png (633x758, 29K)

Dude the game already has a cult niche following and will survive just like other niche trash such as Rising Storm 2 for a very long time, but don't expect to meet as many trash players as now every again. Well, maybe when they do free weekend, sales, etc.

I think the game has more potential long term than for honor. Then again, I'm only a viewer so far waiting for the first wave of players to check if it's worth the buy. Game depth/skill ceiling and fun are to be checked.

>Actually want to discuss the game
>All the old "FOR HONOR MORE LIKE FOR GONER! BUY MORDHAU" shitposters have invited shitposters into these threads
I fucking hate you retards so goddamn much

Rate my new character.

Attached: 20190430094543_1.jpg (1920x1080, 254K)

should be fine, I got the same CPU overclocked to 4.7 with a 2070 and I barely drop below 144 in massive brawls.

I use ROCK

Attached: ROCK.jpg (1000x1000, 116K)

>that FH peak
holy shit I don't remember it being that big

>kikestarter

*dismounts you*

Attached: supreme_gentleman.jpg (564x789, 80K)

Make him black

It's fun but it's the kind of fun you have for 1 week and then you don't really play it anymore.

I mean it just gets stale. There isn't all that much to it.

Is there a single swordfighting videogame that looks more or less like the real thing? I can't get immersed into things like Chivalry even if they're fun, walking while swinging just looks horribly stupid.

>Warband still the most popular

As it should be

That would be nice. I played the BFV trial to see how bad it was and the women were really off putting. Aside from the desecration of history their screams and other sounds they made were just so fucking annoying.

You can only be white.

Why are FH faggots so upset about this game? Is it because they have invested half a days wage into the game?

Attached: 20190430131214_1.jpg (1920x1080, 261K)

for anyone who cares more about filling xp bar and getting gold than learning the game, play horde. that mode absolutely shits out gold and xp and its easy as fuck to get to wave 6

>dumbed down
>whined about complex new mechanics

Only like 5% of players are getting xp and gold.

Kingdom come kinda

I never played chiv but that shit looks dumb as fuck. People are whining that they removed that?

Chiv still plays better than Basedhau

you can't walk and swing in For Honor. Once you attack you can't move unless the attack has an element of movement to it.

That being said, it's not very realistic looking combat. No game will ever have realistic combat because the balance and gameplay would be impossible to make both satisfying and realistic

I swear if you motherfuckers meme me into buying an overhyped flavor of the month game again.

Maybe. If enough people threaten to quit if women are added with no toggle, that might become a definite yes.

Attached: Mordhau toggle.jpg (818x559, 131K)

>most popular
what's making you think that? it has neither most current players nor most all time peak players.
as much as i love warband i don't know what made you say that

Attached: madara.jpg (680x582, 81K)

ubishills
notice how For Honor went on sale just as this game was releasing
ubi knows they have competition

Mordhau was just released so the popularity will decrease to chivalry levels, then warband has the highest player count

It is overhyped, it's actually pretty shitty. You can get Chivalry for free and have a way better game.

Just look at the game on its merits and see if you like it.
It's got melee combat of the same depth of Chiv with more balancing.
It's got frontline, horde, br, tdm and ffa gamemodes. The map diversity is pretty low right now but I have no doubts more will be added.
It's got a wide variety of melee weapons of all shapes and sizes, in addition to buildable fortifications, throwing weapons, bombs, traps, utility items, horses and lances, catapults, ballistae, bows/crossbows, and siege towers.
It's got a lot of armour and character customization in addition to a lot of other options for how you want to play the game itself.

Just look at what's in the game and make the decision based on that whether you could have fun from it or not.

Oh so you're doing future prediction, can you do my horoscope next? Maybe read my palms?

for goner has uplay numbers also which steam doesn't track.

imagine being so retarded that you can't even fathom how someone could make a perfectly plausible educated guess based on past trends and available information. imagine that being such a baffling concept to your smooth brain that you equate it with magic and witchcraft

big yikes

Can someone buy this game for me please? If you are in Australia I will play with you. $40 is too steep for my neetbux right now and nobody will hire me due the 3 year gap in my resume.

Sent ;)

>based on past trends
Which ones chief? Hit me.

h..how did you know my details?

can i have a quick rundown on how the swordfighting works?

i probably won't buy it, but i was wondering how the whole shebang worked, like blocking/parrying or how you control the direction of your swings

Not him but stop being new and lurk moar.

Here you go
youtube.com/watch?v=p-B4AwgArwA
some of this is outdated because the game changed over the years but the majority is still the same
and here's the 2019 game in motion
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=143&v=-ToObYTeA0o

>if he doesnt bother engaging through lack of interest then i win

based retard poster

Is it really that expensive ? I'm French and I bought the game for 22 €. It's a pretty good deal for that kind of game on day 1 if you ask me.

>Shilling your cancer channel.
Fuck off faggot discord teaming nigger get cancer and die.

>most players just spam m1 and block and don't even try to figure out the mechanics

Attached: 1.png (2293x713, 205K)

So you can't back up your argument? Yeah thought so
The "i-i don't care" tactic doesn't work enough when you clearly care enough to write a reply.

It's not "my channel". That channel has uncommentated gameplay which is why I posted it, because if I post video with commentary then spergs like you shit your pants.
If you want a different video then fine, but now you have to deal with commentary. youtube.com/watch?v=jhbBfKO94nQ Happy?

Have you ever seen a single community more BTFO'd than the ubishills at /fhg/?

Attached: fhg eternally seething and btfod.jpg (1816x2484, 1.07M)

i care enough to point out how stupid you are because it amuses me. i dont care enough to educate you for your benefit :^)

>>most players just spam m1 and block and don't even try to figure out the mechanics
Maybe most people are new and not an alpha nigger acne nerd with 2k hours like yourself.

The "i-i don't care" tactic doesn't work when you clearly care enough to write two replies and naming your source would take less keystrokes than that.

So you can't back up your argument? Yeah thought so.

Attached: 1551680084596.jpg (492x600, 128K)

You can see them right now, right here in this thread.

It's some autistic fat fuck who keeps shilling his youtube channel while posting pics showing his supposedly 60k bank account. Ignore that degenerate piece of shit.

Using twitch viewers gets me everytime... its not that there are that many people watching, its that the big streamers decided to check a new game out since they play 24/7 and are desparate for new stuff. Even comparing it to Apex viewers while all the big names went to check Mordhau? cman...

Insane damage control faggot.
Neck yourself.

It's almost as if there's several metrics of success used including concurrent players and top selling status

>being new means you can't apply yourself

Attached: 2.jpg (403x403, 53K)

the only useful metric of success is how big and stable the playerbase will be in about 1 month from now

>Figure out the mechanics
>Turns out it's just like For Honor where there's no value in attacking first
>Just turtle your ass off until the other guy gets frustrated and swings for you to chamber and counter

>for you to chamber and counter
that's what morphs and feints are for

>Melee combat game
>Adds archer niggers to ruin the fun
Every time.

>can't apply yourself
Dumb american nigger kys.
Really easy to learn the game when you have autistic alpha bitch boys with 1 year of experience all sitting in discord jerking each other off and spamming to get on the same team.

if not then some alternate universe shitposter would be saying
>medieval game
>no bows and arrows
just play 1v1s if you don't want to deal with archers.
or learn to parry arrows, get a shield, use one handed weapon throws to kill them in one shot, run them down on a horse, take a tertiary ranged weapon to kill them before going back into combat, or only fight in cover

honestly, this.
i don't really like buying MP games because if you can't find a match in decent times, you might as well get your game stolen because it's now useless.

that, and the fact that MP require a lot of hours put into them
if it wasn't for this i would have probably thought about giving this game a go.

mordhau shills and shitposter aside, for honor is pretty fun most of the time, but i'm playing it just because of the decently-active playerbase and the fact that i got it free.

i wouldn't mind giving this a go in a free weekend

>i don't really like buying MP games because if you can't find a match in decent times, you might as well get your game stolen because it's now useless.
Horde mode vs AI.

Buy it for 90% off in 3 months time once its dead.

not the user you're replying to, but holy shit if you're stupid
either a retard, a troll, a shill, or all 3 combined
fuck off
warband is king
prepare your butter

>not the user you're replying to
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Stay buttblasted champ

??? This game is absolutely incredible.

They will fix servers and xp bug soon. After they fix all issues they will be adding more maps

$0.01 has been deposited to your account.

>Horde mode
that reminds me.
what's the average server size for the go-to gamemode?
the bigger the server the harder it is to fill them

shitposts aside, i wouldn't mind if this game got some steam going.
i missed the chivalry bandwagon and i recently found out that i have a thing for melee combat
the shills are pretty damn obvious tho

>one minute apart
>replying to yourself
Based ubisoft falseflagger

>They will fix servers and xp bug soon. After they fix all issues they will be adding more maps
They will do all this after they add female knights of course.

>hop on a horse
>guys on my team immediately start prison shanking me
what the fUCK

You can sprint and swing at the same time, that's why they have reach. Try it.

I quit Chiv explicily because getting your head decapitated by a sword that moves in slow motion was jarring and immersion breaking.
Doesn't matter if it's intentional and even balanced. It looks fucking awful and janky.

oof

Attached: 4vvts.png (1105x384, 320K)

female knights have been described in a copy+pasted dev reply as "very low priority", and in the words of one other developer "possibly not coming at all". They require voice acting and a bunch of new visual models.
if they were high priority they would already be in the game.
they also said if they ever come, there might be a clientside on/off toggle to replace them with male skins. "Might" being the key word of course.

during the 9 year development of team fortress 2, Robin Walker did some interviews with people, who asked if there would be female playable characters and he said they were going to do it. we're now well over 10 years from the release of TF2 and despite getting thousands of other features added, there's still no playable female characters in that game, for perspective.

steamcharts.com/app/629760
nice edited picture

Lmao yes bro everyone who likes the game is a shill meme

next level shitposting

Games like this will never attract a large playerbase due to how hard they are to read. The fact that attacks can be delayed or hastened simply by moving the mouse means that there's no constancy to attacks and thus you cannot reliably tell what is coming at you at any given time. Add wonky animations on top of that and you've got a recipe for "What the fuck just happened?"

Is this a bad thing? Debatable, as it could be argued that it raises the skill ceiling considerably, but one could also argue that it opens the game for exploiting cheesy attack patterns. What it does mean, however, is that due to this the game appeals only to a very niche audience and will never see the kind of success that some of the people in these threads seem to expect it to.

Attached: yee haw.png (500x488, 247K)

>new thing comes out and has a spike in popularity while people who like old thing get upset

Wow thats never happned before, you know you're supposed to be 18 to post here right?

Attached: 1463455838548.jpg (1920x1040, 372K)

The models and voice acting is all complete.
They are just waiting for all realism fags to get more than 2 hours of playtime and within two weeks you will see females in game to appease reddit faggots.
You have to think like a gypsy jew eastern euro mutt trash.

this genre is fairly easy to approach as a newbie. you only start to see the weird autistic shit as you progress to higher skill levels. and a flailing newbie can easily sometimes take out a veteran simply due to how the game is built so much on mindgames.

Waifufags.

It's basically just chiv with more consistent mechanics and that game went off like a rocket.
I don't really care about having a large playerbase so long as there is a playerbase. 15,000 is pretty good and this is just during a weekday (most Steam games peak on the weekend).

>join game
>every single person played through alpha/beta and are skill capped crushing on people
admittedly its funny watching autists fake 4 attacks in a row while spinning around, but yeah will be dead pop in a week with only those who have committed serious time to it already

This guy plays Duels in For Honor

>15000 on release means 15000 constant for the next few years.
Lmao the delusion. This game will struggle to reach 200 players within two weeks.

It's only people who don't play the games that care if there's 10k players vs 3k players. It's like if you asked people about red orchestra 2 there were people who say it was dead for years and then there was everyone else who played all the time on the servers that were up.

>The models and voice acting is all complete
Really, sauce?
>They are just waiting for all realism fags to get more than 2 hours of playtime and within two weeks you will see females in game to appease reddit faggots.
I don't believe there's any sort of conspiracy behind this. It's a 7 man dev team, they had a lot of other shit to work on, they had issues at release, even if they somehow do have the models and VA done (which I doubt) those are logical explanations for the delay and the simplest answer.

With all that said, I'm still waiting for a definite statement on whether female knights can be toggled or not before I buy this.

I played beta and really trying to figure out how not to destroy new players (first game of frontline I ended with over 60 kills and I was killing people 1v3/4.

Basically a single attack into feint is enough to get 99% of them to insta try to block leaving them open for a full sword to the head.

>This game will struggle to reach 200 players within two weeks
Where's your source on those hot opinions champ?

big baby btfo
waaaa wAaaaa

Really insane how not one of the low iq gypsy devs though that giving backers unrestricted access to the game for more than a year would be bad to the long term health of the game. This shit will die for the same reason quake died.

just like chivalry right bro?

Why would you play anything else? Do you enjoy getting interrupted and gangbanged while fighting someone?

Who do you propose does the testing of the game then? They aren't allowed to open it to early access by Steam as new developers.
Also the mechanics of the game changed multiple times during development anyway.

Why are attacks initiated from the opposite direction that you drag your mouse in? Wouldn't it be more intuitive to have your swing go from left to right if you drag your mouse right before initiating an attack, and not the exact opposite?

Play a real fighting game

tell me about it.
people have been declaring tf2 dead for years, but it's still on the top 10 most played game on steam 12 years later.
finding a match at midnight takes like 15 seconds, it actually ruined matchmaking in most other games for me

How much gold do you get in the tutorial? I'm about to get the game in a few hours but I heard that almost everything in customization is locked at first.

TORtanic retards on Yea Forums have this thing where they reject any AAA game, but also reject and declare as dead any game that doesn't have the playerbase of Fortnite

retards call any game that suffers a drop in players dead, even if it still has a community of dedicated players looking for matches 24/7. if it isnt top 3 on steam and top 10 on twitch its dead according to zoomers

>he doesn't enjoy the thrill of 1v2'ing ganking scrubs through pure skill and game knowledge.
Yeah stick to your duels, friend. Don't forget to bow.

but its even easier to pick up than chivalry and chivalry lasted for ages, even when the cringey ballerina shit and exploits started picking up pace

>horde mode
>you either archer or die horribly in wave 11
Fug

The payout is fucking insane though. Round 13 was like 900 gold and 22 was 1500.

you get 2.5k for the tutorial. enough to somewhat customise a character to any build you like. you also get about 12 pre made loadouts of various weights, armors and weapon loadouts to experiment with

3000 iirc, with the average weapon costing 500g
but you can also play premade classes that have weapons unlocked from the start

keep in mind gold is bugged ATM, fixes are almost done according to the official discord but don't be surprised if you do the tutorial and the gold doesn't drop. I'm personally holding off buying until the issues are fixed

the average weapon is 300

>really trying to figure out how not to destroy new players
same shit pros at a game do when they face newbies
toy with them by gimping yourself and beat them regardless or set mini challenges for yourself, like kill X people with fist only, or make a kickthrough might&magic style and be a bridge troll

teach me sempai. how do you get past wave 7-8? the throwing knives just ruin me. what i be buying in the early waves?

Items are actually cheap and it would not take long to unlock them.

Most beta tests are a few days to a month or two tops, not more than a fucking year.
Either way like it or not these cringe alpha faggots are all on same discord and spamming to be on the same team. This kind of shit will turn away a lot of new players.

No, but just like World War 3.

>Through pure skill and game knowledge

This only works if the enemies you are fighting are fucking braindead. If they are even halfway decent, one will keep trying to guardbreak you and the other will throw unblockables which will catch you during the guardbreak cancel recovery animation.

>be 500~ or so hr chiv fag
>always on the top of the scoreboard in this game
may have to do with me setting my controls to binds as soon as i started though, haven't tried 240 at all

>Loved using the quarterstaff in Chivalry
>Use it in Mordhau
>It is absolute shit tier and takes five fucking hits to kill anyone

"It only costs one point!" is not an argument. Increase its point cost then and make it an actual weapon.

As a new player to mordhau and very causal on chiv, it was much easier to deal with a few expoliting faggots on chiv compared to the serverful alpha niggers teaming and stomping in mordhau.

If you're okay with cheesing it: bows. The bow can one shot peasants, two shot med armor and three shot heavy. The longbow can one shot all with headshots. You just run away, fire a few times, run away over and over until you win. Or you can find one of the many locations AI cant get to you such as anything with a ladder and no other way up or climbing. Just be careful of them throwing turds at you.

If you want to melee you have to get a big strong weapon like an axe, swing once then run away and repeat. Usually I'll run around a bit first so they waste their throwing ammo.

To its credit it's hard as fuck once you get around wave 15 but you kinda have to find a way to cheese it since they just throw too much shit and there is too much armor.

it was broken as fuck in chiv and only shitters used it because the shitty devs were never going to actually balance their game

>Most beta tests are a few days to a month or two tops, not more than a fucking year.
"most beta tests" are for games that have mechanics like "shoot de bad doods with ur gun" and may or may not even be multiplayer.
When you're trying to balance and polish a melee system so that it works up to a competitive level without exploits galore, the amount of testing required increases significantly. They managed to catch stuff like 360 spinning as a result of that long testing period.

>Either way like it or not these cringe alpha faggots are all on same discord and spamming to be on the same team
Yeah I never defended that. But it's not like as developers they control the individual players. Isn't matchmaking supposed to be included in Frontline mode eventually?

>"It only costs one point!" is not an argument
take the opportunity to wear heavy armour with more perks and utility items.
it's a fucking stick. of course it takes 5 hits to kill someone.

Got it, thanks for the info.

FH reached that peak when they gave the poor edition for free on Steam

Oh and in terms of armor. If you're using bows just light armor is enough, you will only get hit by turds in most cases. Also you can stack bows as each carries its own 50 shots, but they do weigh you down.

If you're melee, once you get your main weapon get medium then heavy as soon as possible.

What if I don't want to wear heavy armor? What if I want to emulate a peasant? Am I to suck shit only because the devs are sacrificing variety on the altar of "realism"?

no worries

what is the point of feinting? Isn't it just a worse morph?

Morph only allows for going into stab from a swing or vice versa. If you feint, you can initiate an attack of the same type.

>What if I want to gimp the absolute fuck out of myself as much as humanly possible? Why isn't the game balanced for that??

worked for me at least.
the grind is bad but manageable if you don't care about cosmetics

>3 year gap
wtf are you doing nigger

You don't hit your teamates and you might want to wait for your next strike instead of instantly going your next one. Also kicks.

spear requires 4 hits against armor unless you headshot and it costs 10 points

>Round based team elimination would be the best and the only worthwhile mode, but it's not there.
It is there. It's called skirmish.

considering the reply he left after, furry ERP and being a total shut-in

>play 2 games
>alpha backers on 40 kills vs freshies
>games over
>no exp or gold rewarded cause incompetent devs
refunded just before 2 hours

And let me guess the majority of the alpha virgins were on the same team.

People need to stop overacting and overreacting like little bitches itt when they get killed. I've been playing for six hours and met my fair share of alpha/beta autists, but compared to Chilvary they are also only cooking with water and can be taken down without needing hundreds of fucking hours in the game.

>wtf why is there a bug on the first day of release in a game developed by 7 people, my Activision-Blizzard and Electronic Arts games developed by 10,000 people are absolutely perfect

>cooking with water
what does this even mean?

>be bad at game
>blame game for being bad at game
?

that they don't have much to work with either

I found the most broken loadout.
Loadout 1: Default Spear man with Medic Bag
Literally just spam Mouse Wheel Up stab at their dick/legs and backpedal immediately when you finish the stab. They can't do anything. If they try rush you, sprint away to allies. Mouse Wheel Down also is a nice smash finisher if they try rush you.

Loadout 2: Axe, Lightest equipment, Dodge
Literally just run in peoples faces and spam Mouse 1. I'm not kidding, people will just die easily. If you're in trouble/got hit just run away and they can't catch you or do anything.

normalfag go back

>game is in alpha and beta for a whole year to the point where a bunch of elitist poopsockers dominate every second with ease
>they didnt have time to test for bugs!!!

No, because the motion you are doing is the windup of the attack. I believe there is a setting to reverse this if you do not find it intuitive.

The default makes chambering much easier through because you move your mouse in the direction of where their blade is coming and click to chamber

Hey, Why would you ever NOT play in third person in these types of games?
It seems like the most optimal choice for literally any scenario outside of maybe bowshooting and the like.

holy shit my sides this game

Attached: 20190430223558_1.jpg (1920x1080, 851K)

ever since phoneposting became a thing, reddit casuals have thought they could be proud to be casual on Yea Forums and feel justified in bitching about people who are better than them

>alpha tester who realises he's going to be on the 'elites' in a game with 150 players in a week

decreases intensity of the battle because your perception is seperate from your actual character.

1st person masterrace

>mfw Saboteur
>running near people and spam laughing
>one guy follows me, 2hander, slow armor dudes
>keep taunting as he desperately tries to reach me
>turn corner
>bear trap
>mfw they fall for it every time

Attached: 1500274066485.jpg (750x728, 270K)

If they'd opened the game to more testers you'd be bitching about even more experienced players shitting all over your face
>bugs are just this magical thing where you test for a year and they all go away

Yeah i agree but my autistic minmaxxing brain can't give up immersion for a pretty sizeable advantage.

it's great

Why does armor even need to matter? Why isn't it just cosmetic to begin with?

>want level 3 to try crossbow
>leveling/gold still bugged all day
fucking getting real tired of it not giving me my gold/ranks

Attached: 1475699081774.jpg (584x536, 30K)

can't see enemy weapons quite as well.
also comp players disable it for tourneys i hear

Worded that wrong.
Can't give up a sizeable advantage over immersion*

>Being a proud alpha cuck with 2k+ hours in a game that will be dead within 2 weeks because alpha niggers are teaming against new players and then talking shit.

Because everyone else wanted damage resistance values to armour. You're the one bitching in the first place, everyone else is happy with the state of armor and quarterstaves. Get good and it won't be a problem, the game can't be balanced for everyone's autistic little desires.

Wrong guess redditor, continue COPEing with the fact people are better at a video game than you are

Attached: chowder.mung_daal.jpg (200x200, 13K)

Works for me, doing it through the matchmaking option, at least on horde it works

Well it's cool that it isn't tournament legal, but i don't really have competitive aspirations in this game.
Is it normal for servers to force 1st person? That would be really sweet 2bh

>being so butthurt about getting destroyed in a new game that you can't stop whining about it on Yea Forums

my god, this board is so fucking shit.
go back to you newfag
git gud

I haven't seen it yet, but have a look around

Did anyone here play War of the Roses?

How does it compare to that game? Is it as good as WOTR?

>Everyone else is happy
Not that guy but i've seen many people complain about the quarterstaff.
I don't see why every weapon shouldn't excel at SOME aspect, and not just be a joke weapon for memes.

You're supposed to get 2.5k but you get 0

Just a Chivalry clone, that's why.

People started quitting and never got back because of the ballerina and overhead exploits that mace and zweihander to have the speed of a dagger.
Every class but Knight with a Mace or a Messer became basically useless in the duel.

There's a reason Mordhau devs specifically said that they did not want rainbow in their game

enjoy playing on dead servers lmao

I don't even own the game, you're a pathetic little whiner and can't get over the fact that people destroy you in a video-game?

Go back to you newfag

Enjoy it while you can greasy acne virgins.

>DOA prediction
>it's only p-popular because it's n-new!!!1!
Cope harder

Attached: the absolute state of fhg.jpg (300x300, 24K)

it's not quite the same in terms of gameplay as WOTR to the point that a small group of WOTR players has actually split off to try and make their own game now.
but it is good in its own right

>new game
>new
Lmao, new as in the backers got a whole year of unrestricted access.
kys

>I don't see why every weapon shouldn't excel at SOME aspect
And it does: Being a cheap cost. I already went through this.
It's not a meme if it allows you to take the best armour, the best perks, and a good secondary and powerful tertiary all in the same loadout while also having decent range.
Normally with full heavy armor and a 2h weapon you can't afford to take anything else at all. Staff is an exception due to its low cost.

how does archery compare to WOTR? Are arrows always armor-piercing? How much does armor make an impact? Can every weapon penetrate every armor?
How is the accuracy of the striking? Can I actually strike someone through his visor just like in WOTR because it's that accurate?

Keep making predictions and being mad that you aren't good at video games.

stop samefagging you butthurt embarassing newfag
go whine on that people destroyed you in a video-game.

I'm gonna buy the game today and I can guarantee that I will pwn all the alpha shitters because I'm not a sub-70 IQ mongoloid like you are

War of the Roses made armor matter too. As a result, it was only ever worth it to play a knight of some sort. Making armor matter severely restricts the kind of concepts you can explore without being reduced to useless shit.

I can smell the virginity through my screen.

>War of the Roses made armor matter too. As a result, it was only ever worth it to play a knight of some sort.

Not true.
I played as an archer in WOTR with no shield and a 1h (armor-piercing, expensive) sword.
Not every sword in WOTR was able to pierce armor, maybe you had the wrong weapon.
But I trashed knights regularely in WOTR.

since it's not possible to smell others through a screen, you're probably just smelling your own virginity

>got a whole year of unrestricted access
During which the game changed multiple times because it was in active development? If you looked at anything from the devblogs as an outsider while waiting for release like I did, you can see chambering was nerfed massively (the game went from "always chamber" to situational), 360 spins were removed entirely, shields were totally reworked, blunt weapons got hitstop totally changing the way they play, bows weren't even added until recently, etc.

They've had at most maybe a month's worth of time to practice with the current iteration of Mordhau, so instead of being mad about being bad how about you just fucking practice and git gud?
Either that or just use cheese weapons when you run into more experienced players, like the rest of us sane, upright-thinking new players. You have so many cheese options that draw from established FPS skills like crossbows, bows, catapults, throwing weapons, ballistae, firepots, etc

Attached: 1501597094282.jpg (996x1500, 336K)

>Can I actually strike someone through his visor just like in WOTR because it's that accurate?
Nah unfortunately
arrows can pierce armor but you get damage mitigation

I can't buy the game until Friday. Is there a list of equipment and point costs online somewhere so that I can play with builds while I wait?

how the fuck do you 1v2, it seems almost impossible to not get completely shit on

Just activate revenge bro

gotta keep one in front of the other since hitting teammates will stop your swing

>Making armor matter severely restricts the kind of concepts you can explore without being reduced to useless shit.
But that's wrong. Most people don't even run 3/3/3 heavy armor in Mordhau because of the points system meaning wearing armour gives up other equipment/perks as a result, and you could see plenty of players pre-release running around with either light armor or no armor at all, doing stuff like a rapier build (which is actually very strong) or firepot spam build

Fuck this shit, I want WOTR servers back.

i'm bad i should have rephrased it, how the fuck do you anti gank in this game?

uh there's this but it might be a bit outdated since it's from mid 2018
mordhau.com/forum/topic/13533/perk-tier-list-discussion/
and there's this
youtu.be/EE4x-eFObks?t=68

Are there loadout slots or do you have to reset everything every time you want to run a gimmick?

For anyone who is playing horde, use third person.

Sprint past an enemy on your left or right and swing before you reach them, you basically do a drive by and can attack them without them attacking you, if you time it right you can start killing 2 to 3 enemies at go with a B I G A X E.

>devs still placing no limit on the # of bows on the map per amount of players
>skirmish is now 32v32 tardfest where canon fodder crowd the tiny map like chinese people in their natural habitat
i warned the devs

how good is horde mode?

yeah i know
there is a steam group of people trying to make a WOTR sequel because Paradox won't allow them to keep WOTR running again
steamcommunity.com/groups/WoRHS/discussions/0/3288067088116258589/

but in its own right, mordhau does manage to make archers a lot less gay. on their end they have to deal with very increased bow sway, and on your end you can parry arrows with weapons, throw your weapon at them if you're using a 1h, take a shield, shit like that

Spear is good in group fights, but if you think literally anybody can't 1vs1, they just don't know how to chamber.

yeah you can have multiple loadout slots, in addition to default classes
youtu.be/EE4x-eFObks?t=2191
as a person who played extensive periods of Day of Defeat, class limits are fucking gay.
let the cannon fodder be cannon fodder, i don't want to be restricted because "too many archers sorry! :(" if I feel like fucking playing archer that day

>Trusting gypsy devs to do anything right besides stealing your money.

unless you're very skilled hitting with a high dmg weapon can down others pretty fast. there is a perk that lets you regain full health in kill so you can actually take a few hits while doing so.
or just run away/stall, there are usually enough other players around just waiting to stab unaware enemies in the back. works pretty well if they are focused on getting an easy kill.

a bit janky (AI is cheeseable to some extent) but fun, there's a lot of equipment to experiment with and there are some special waves such as dudes who spam firepots
also hands out a shitload of gold and xp

fuck you buddy play shooter game if you want to shoot

>and deliver a video game which currently has 15000 people playing
hmm yeah

When are they fixing the goddamn gold and exp gain bug? It can't be this fucking hard to get a critical component of the game running.

Attached: 1499404611227.png (400x400, 96K)

I like medieval PvE games a lot, I would say this is above average. Not quite as good as some of the M&B PvE modes but its good. Its hard and it scales quickly so you get to tough enemies within a few waves. Gear is too expensive so you have to be careful and enemies have way too may throwing items. The way shields/blocking works though means you wont get any fun shield walls with people using spears over their heads or anything like you would in M&B.

But its satisfying to slaughter some AI and it also pays out really well, far better than PvP to be honest even if you just get to wave 10 its about 900 gold.

horde mode you can stack the npcs and firebomb them to take out big packs

ah yes all those medieval bow and arrow shooter multiplayer games out there like uhhh
ummm
uhh

works 4 me

>matchmaking machine broke
>server browser gives no gold or exp

>Boasting about being 10k less players than chiv at its peak on release day.
We will see soon enough.

Go play horde through the matchmaker, it works there.

>it can't be this fucking hard
thanks coder user, i guess they should just hit the big red button that said "CODE GOOD" on it to fix the problem

it's been one day since release
for 7 people, not all of whom are coders, who also need to sleep in a 24 hour period
and the bug is partially fixed anyway (multiple people are reporting their gold and levels finally dropped)

>360 spins
wait, so you could do this faggot shit in mordhau at some point?

wasn't the entire fucking point of this game to begin with to eliminate this bullshit

I just got DONE playing the horde mode with no rewards.

I unironically program things for a living. If a major component of something you ship, that is supposed to be tried and tested, fucking BREAKS on day one, and you can't fix it within TWELVE FUCKING HOURS, then you fucked up BIGTIME. There is no reason whatsoever that this bug has not been fixed yet, and it is SHAMEFUL that they let something like this get through testing.

Huh, it's actually pretty fun
who /knight/ here?

>who /knight/ here?

Attached: 1525515674721.jpg (960x895, 328K)

Why does the peasant perk cost points?

Attached: 1350594293765.jpg (500x500, 109K)

Man I swear if that shit isn't fixed when I come back from work, this shit kills a release day

What a shitty argument. You realise that if you compare the release for both games, Mordhau massively outperformed Chiv's release today, right?
>day 1 Chiv: 7500
>day 1 Mordhau: 15000
>peak Chiv: 25,000
>peak Mordhau: ???
If you're using Chiv as a trend, Mordhau is set to reach a peak of 50,000 players.

Yeah thanks gamedev coder user, I really admired all those video games you released which had 15k players dumped on their servers all at once

nothing, the game is really good
you are just BAD LMAO

totally on purpose haha

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-30 Conquistas de Rain em MORDHAU.png (926x66, 11K)

and they did, they just had to figure out the right way to do it
it's the "i want to announce I'm intentionally gimping myself because i think I'm good" option for people like

>I just got DONE playing the horde mode with no rewards.
Okay but it works on my machine :^)

>play frontline
>get fucked repeatedly by some dude with light armor and an insane amount of pans
just like chiv back in the day, i love it

>Write shit code that doesn't scale
>T-the playercount is too big!!
Fuck off. Fifteen thousand concurrent users is like what, a single $100/month server, if you rent it?

Attached: Untitled.png (1108x224, 20K)

did someone say pans

Attached: 8m957ps6iz021.jpg (1334x750, 113K)

The game is so alive that pretty much every server is full to capacity. The servers are so full that the game is overloaded and isn't awarding gold or XP. That's a pretty good sign.
Other than that the game is really beautiful and plays really smoothly.
The server browser is FUCKING SHIT though.

Game servers and gold/exp servers are two different things.

>Closing the distance of bowfags as you deflect their arrows
>That moment of panic as they draw their pitiful excuse of a sword
I laugh at you. LAUGH

The mordhau devs are rolling in money right now. The game has sold hundreds of thousands of copies in the first day.

literally no servers are stable day of release. Either the tech isnt there or its simply not worth buying servers good enough just so the first few hours go smoothly

>actually bending over backwards to defend the no progression bug
Get fucked, the game will literally die in days if it isn't fixed asap.
You can't even begin to fathom how hard normies need that feature to stay even moderately interested.

when's the gold machine getting fixed
also when's the matchmaking machine getting fixed

FUCK you

I played and enjoyed Chiv but something feels wrong about Mordhau. For now I refunded it, if it gets better down the road I'll pick it up again.

>go to bed, hoping the game will die down a bit so it's easier to get into a game
>it has even more people playing
FUCK OFF

I agree.
I don't know if i've just developed ADHD over the years but this feels so much slower than chiv.

Refunded it for now, if it gets fixed and the playerbase doesn't completely dissapear over the next month I'll look into it again

>Comfy enjoying horde mode as a giant beserker running around with a giant axe cutting off heads
>gold is working too
fun game desu

How fucking hard could it possible be to have the game understand that you can have the SAME input for multiple functions.

>change LMB so you're not tied to that godawful directional-swing shit
>now you can't respawn
>can't control who you spectate
>can't shoot your bow
fucking retarded.

>have to farm gold to unlock shit to customize

Yikes. My only complaint, though. 10/10 combat and atmosphere.

very important
is there, or is there going to be, a handgonne in this game?
please respond

Attached: file.png (569x648, 590K)

Hey thanks gamedev user, I look forward to your next fifteen thousand person, Steam page 1 top seller release.

have you tried any dueling
with new players they dont know how to riposte or anything so most are slow and not worth fighting, the alpha players have it down though

Could you just for a second stop sucking dick?

>every time someone got killed by an archer in chiv and got mad they said arching was going to be harder in mordhau and the archers wouldn't be able to live without their crutch
>feel like I'm getting shot MUCH more often than I ever did in chiv

But can you make girls?

Your own team is literally more lethal than the enemy team

This game is a meme version of Medieval warfare, there will be no actual authentic gunpowder weapons because it would upset clueless Americans

I'll make a woman out of you, fag.

no guns

>its a your team is abhorrently bad episode
>the next episode is the same but even worse

Attached: HBU2Bf5.png (425x62, 33K)

then die

Attached: file.png (300x354, 227K)

That and it finished its Kickstarter.
>actually bending over backwards to defend the no progression bug
If you want yes men that agree with you, why do you come to Yea Forums?
Over at Discord the community manager is literally bending over backwards sucking dicks to apologize, if that's what you want to hear.
All the reasons I gave are legitimate excuses. It's a tiny team; it's been one day since release; people need to sleep; and the bug is partially fixed as it stands (just read the thread).

Attached: 6th-Century-British-Warriors-Illustrated-by-Agnus-McBride-source-Arthur-and-the-Anglo-Saxon-Wars.jpg (1763x1979, 1.57M)

Is there a votekick? I've had an autist get mad and start attacking me and had to fight him all game because I couldn't find it.

Until there are archer limits this game can fucking go fuck itself
Literally like half of every team is archers right now

Lmao meanwhile people still play warband multiplayer

The game is alright but a bit too slow in my opinion. Some other major gripes I have with the game now is the fact that archery spamming is rampant, horses can be abused to no end against uncoordinated teams and you never get to fight people one at a time and win them by doing good jukes because every fight ends up being a clusterfuck of 1v3, 2v5 etc.

You seem to be under the impression that it isn't even a big deal.
I'll be back in a week with the smuggies

wheres your successful steam game

>Has no reply
Yeah thanks dude for your learned opinion on how easy it is to release a game with 15k players and have no bugs and issues, that game you released sure is going well huh.

Attached: 1552135159089.png (315x306, 185K)

>y-you have to be a structural engineer before you can call a collapsing bridge shit
what has Yea Forums come to

>Mordhau is just a shitty party game that will never be competitive
OH NO NO NO

dude chill out it's just a game lol
maybe take some breaths

>Where's your five-star restaurant, mister food critic

Attached: n3fawvt1xlu21.jpg (2220x1080, 620K)

Only in modding.
Chivalry had an extension which added guns and it fucking flopped. So did Warband (With Fire and Sword).

With how much people already hate archers/crossbowmen/ranged attackers in general even with archers being nerfed to shit, adding guns, which unlike arrows would be unparriable and too fast to dodge, would be a huge mistake.

lol

You DO have to be a structural engineer before you can call building a bridge "easy", actually
Pic related, go have it

Attached: 1554212526188.jpg (640x455, 52K)

sure smells like incels all of a sudden

the devs are not your personal friends, so don't feel attacked mister shill

why are you so angry bro? you know it's just a video game riiight? ummm yikes!

>smuggies
>look it up
>it's a redditor word
Time to go back.

I even agree with you user, but you are coming off as a hardcore shill

shills on maximum damage control

incel on maximum seethe alert

I honestly hope archer mains die irl
no one who would come to this game and decide "hmmm, I'm going to play an archer!" has done any good for the world.

how does equipment work?
is it "there's a few classes of weapons and armor and each one has stats but inside the same class the stats are identical and it's all cosmetic" or is it "each weapon has it's own stats, enjoy only seeing the meta weapons"?

I'd like to file a complaint to your PR department, the words they instructed you to use make no damn sense
Next time hire anons who lurked for a few years

Except spears get absolutely fucked by anyone who can chamber and spamming m1 fundamentally only works on absolute shitters/newbies

It just annoys me to see incels loudly proclaiming how EEEEEAAAAASY it is to fix bugs in this sort of situation
But at the point he started getting pissed it went from me being annoyed to me having fun pointing out how BTFO he got

Pic related retard
go be a nigger somewhere else

Attached: retard.jpg (896x479, 104K)

gold and levels work now lads

Attached: untitled.png (1916x1080, 1.11M)

uh oh
seething incel

>user-kun is so mindbroken from the anal pounding to his soft argumentpucci that he's starting to delude conspiracy theories
Where's your game again sweetie?

>played beta on and off, dueling agaisnt 1000 hours
>finally release game
>playing frontline, topping kills and taking people 1v3

not gonna lie, feels pretty damn good

have sex

>>shills
>plural
I know you are not the only one on the payroll

>Game just reached a new peak of 16,909 and counting
Nice

Attached: 1528191821050.png (1763x1316, 150K)

It's not about it being easy or difficult you massive fucking sperg, it's about them taking my fucking money and delivering a broken pile of crap.

I understand you're used to eating shit, but some of us actually have standards.

>Tfw do that but never played the beta

Heh, the future is now old man

that's not a fucking good thing
mom said it's my turn to play

>ten pack abs

see

Sounds like they will also include the option to remove men for those who want either waifu combat or feminist world.
Sounds like a great choice.

Spears were OP in real life
It's only fair they are OP in the game as well

Attached: 1547312621196.jpg (1280x720, 94K)