Why are these games so unforgiving? It's so hard that it's not even fun to learn the bosses

Why are these games so unforgiving? It's so hard that it's not even fun to learn the bosses.

Attached: 1525314182547.png (877x473, 1.02M)

The Zero games are best described as 2D DMC games difficulty wise. They at the time, were intended to be the hardest Mega Man games ever made.

The only way Zero's hard is if you refuse to use the vast amount of powerups the game has.

You can get energy tanks and spam elves so easy in these games.
I think MMZ4 has a mode that just hands you an energy tank too.
Maybe abuse the tools given to you and abandon any hopes of A rank or higher because you're bad?

Attached: 1541377555614.gif (367x346, 471K)

most bosses only have like 4 attacks, it's not many to figure out.

You want higher ranks though. Especially in MMZ2 and MMZ3, where it is the only way to get special attacks and forms.

Really?
Cause I found X5 and X6 way harder

Zero 2 I would argue, is MUCH harder than X6 Xtreme mode, and I ran through X6 Xtreme constantly because X6 was too easy for me. Zero 3 is harder than X5.

I played the MMZ games on an emulator and savescummed my way to high ranks

Based. Fuck restarting levels due to bullshit spikes.

>DMC
>Hard

Attached: 1555731420748.jpg (480x640, 12K)

Unironically based. Restarting levels for higher ranks is NOT worth it.

The main source of difficulty is the horrendous FOV, meaning you can only see like 1 inch in front of you. I have to say though, I really admire how MMZ does difficulty otherwise.

Modern games are filled with bosses and enemies that are just damage sponges. But in MMZ games, most enemies die in 1-2 hits. And bosses on average take like a minute to beat. But they're still incredibly hard because of how aggressive, agile and hard-hitting they are. Even though Aztec Falcon takes like 20-30 seconds to beat, you'll still probably die to him like 10-20 times before you beat him.

>play all games with cyber elves because don't really care for ranks
>decide to play 4 NG+ in junk armor so no elf upgrades
>it's actually pretty fun
I definitely couldn't have done it without the E tanks but this was pretty cool to do
if the three other games had the junk armor or something similar I'd give no elves a shot

Classic is a lot harder.

posts like these are hilarious, you just know they died a shitton of times but just forgot

are you guys serious
i beat them all when I was fucking 10 years old for fucks sake

When's the last time you played Classic? I am playing them right now and 1-3 are nothing compared to Z difficulty. Maybe 4-6 will change it up but I doubt it.

>Can maintain at least an A rank in the games with no elves.
>never find any of the high rank unlockables worthwhile, even the boss skills

Just chomp down those cyberelves, dudes.

Attached: shrugging beetleborgs.gif (200x183, 428K)

4 and 6 are about the same.
5 actually hands out extra lives like candy.

They're easy; their difficulty comes from aspect ratio, one of the shades for casual filter. The only difficult MMZ game is MMZ2.

I finished Megaman Zero 1 to 4 years ago, got almost all EX skills in 2-3 and got all of them in 4 (not really an achievement). I played MM3 last year and I got destroyed by Hardman's stage and Needleman's fight.

I am currently 4 robot masters into 4 and the game is a huge downgrade from 3 in terms of level design, the amount of actual bullshit the game throws at you is astounding. Almost pixel-perfect platforming with enemies appearing midway through jumps, like what the fuck were they thinking. Robot masters themselves are piss-easy, it's clear that they decided to go with pattern approach, while in previous games robot masters were a lot more random, but as a result of I guess technical limitations all bosses are very very predictable and easy. The problem is actually getting to them.
I actually played through 1-6 like 8 years ago and I don't remember them being that different. Maybe I was more tolerant to bullshit back in the day.

>autism mode kicks in and I find the need to acquire the cool looking ex moves though I don't use them
Yeah just eat the elves, it's better that way

I can't agree with you there, pal.
4 is one of my top NES games.

Attached: protoman glass.jpg (1920x1080, 111K)

I think they're easier than the other Megaman. The issue with the game is the fucking terrible GBA screenspace and the big sprites.

Even Platinum on Bayonetta is more enjoyable than the MMZ games

Zero's hard to play properly and unrewarding to play casually. If you're not gonna go for those S ranks then it doesn't do a whole lot to make you want to actually keep going. I think it rewards people who wish to master a stage but for those that don't I'd say pretty much any other 2D subseries is better, even ZX.

Classic's a different kind of hard, I think the stage designs and obstacles are a lot more fucky, Zero's all about speed and aggression but the actual level designs usually are among the least complex in the series. In a lot of ways, I see X4 as proto-MMZ as that game emphasizes smooth movement and flow more than any other X title but its stages are VERY straightforward for it. MMZ is like that but with slicker controls and a ranking system on top. Classic doesn't give a shit about rankings, it's more about trying to fuck you over in as many ways as possible to make getting to the end a challenge in and of itself.

Watching playthroughs I found out that Zero is a glass canon and you can end fights in about 15 seconds with combos (Enemies don't have mercy invincibility if you hit them with one) and elemental weaknesses. Long story short I've been playing the games very very wrong.

How do people not figure out that elemental weaknesses do big damage and the main part of the game is just charging sword for damage. Did you never play pokemon? Do you not understand how charging works? These games are hard but if you're using elves and savescumming then you're pathetic. Literally learn simple patterns/tells and charge your sword.

Everyone in this thread is a fucking scrub except for this guy

Let me see you beat Hell and Hell mode in DMC5 without any Gold Orbs, buddy.

Doubt. The only trouble I ever had in this series was the final boss of z4 and the final boss of zx. And that was because my MO of spamming moves and jumping around like a retarded ape on a mountain dew high stopped being as effective.

>great soundrack
>zero feels like the perfect balance of weight and mobility
>rarely a halt in the progress
>bosses aren't a slog
zero is the best megaman branch in the platform area, its a shame ZX

Attached: 15532201753173.png (700x615, 82K)

Not who you replied to but stop being a faggot. "Beat game on HARDEST ESPECIALLY HARD MEME DIFFICULTY WITHOUT BLAH BLAH BLAH and then tell me it's not hard" is such a weak faggot argument, and that's from someone who likes DMC and agrees that it is hard.

>tfw you're so full of shit that you can't even finish your sentence

also Z1 final boss feels hard everytime cuz i have no way of healing and he does bonker amounts of damage with the little hp you have cuz elf are for fags.

Attached: 1552587638491.png (560x560, 91K)

Purple monkey mom death

Forms aren't tied to rank
...except the Ultimate Form, which forces you to F rank

shit i didn't notice. Zx just feels way to heavy and the slashes feel slow, althoe im glad the saber spin is buffed cuz its the best move in the game. also what X has like 3 good games and classic are all pretty vanilla while zero is good from start to finish

Attached: 1555223729123.jpg (1920x1080, 393K)

I never used elfs
I only thought they were a collectibles

Dumbass kid me literally figured out what elves did in Z1 before I learned how to save. Don't know how many times I restarted the game because I had no idea to talk to Ciel but I knew how elves worked.

Only Aztec Falcon feels unforgiving because it's so early and his hitbox is weird. Otherwise if you know how to exploit the boss AI it's relatively easy, except for maybe Hidden Phantom throwing curveballs at you.

I played X all my life and all I've ever known is figuring out the enemy's pattern and finding the best time to strike even if it means drawing the fight out to a couple minutes. Zero doesn't allow you that luxury and you basically have to relearn everything you knew about attacking.

Also Fairies are pretty much cheating. I never used the things.

It feels weird to you because the game focuses more on melee combat. in Zero 1 a lot of bosses if you just fully charge the saber and jump to the side they'll repeat the same attack.

FOV is mostly just an issue in Z1 desu. they cared more about enemy placement and deathpit visibility in the sequels.

My 12 year old self beat the games without elves because the games said so. Git gud

Easier than an MM/MMX

This is the real issue. It's design is self sabotaging. Why would you think to go through a second time trying to master stages when the first playthrough was so unfun anyway?

Attached: 1425113514689.jpg (525x700, 124K)

4 fixed that though. You only need to play a stage once (Twice if you want to practice first) and the weather system means both playthroughs were completely different.

Shame the difficulty is a little too easy.

And how many people were still interested in the series by the time the finally fixed a core gameplay issue?

the absolute state of Yea Forums

Attached: 1542421067188.jpg (255x214, 7K)

sex with Leviathan

Attached: 64811477_p0.png (1000x1414, 2.22M)

Attached: 1445.jpg (409x918, 387K)

Attached: 278013.jpg (600x942, 92K)