Here's your UI, bro

Attached: u.jpg (1930x1094, 542K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/ntrwp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Copy paste bl1 ui

Looks really good, considering its gearbox we're talking about.

looks like they took a page out of Overwatch

Attached: 1553803220046.jpg (1920x1080, 195K)

>"Last thread died, time to make a new one!"

Attached: (OP).webm (640x360, 374K)

"That's why you're still a kid!"

Why does it look the same as BL1 graphics wise?

Have they said they will change level scaling so the game doesn't rapidly become a bullet sponge simulator?

Funneh

>out best interest

>no semen meter

Attached: 290.jpg (2419x840, 849K)

>blurred gun
why?

The difference here everything is vital to the game, minus the achievement unlocked which im pretty sure in shopped in anyway.

>deathcam
Ok nigger

>vital to the game

Attached: 1532971988876.jpg (1290x706, 212K)

Again, nothing wrong with the actual UI here. Keep missing the point Randy.

>unironically defending blizzard products in 2019
end yourself

Plenty of things to be critical of Overwatch for. UI isn't one of them. Go shill somewhere else.

>literally a fake image

For comparison, consider the Skyrim UI.

if you think overwatch ui is anywhere near acceptable you're braindead

i would actually play game on the left

Explain whats wrong with it then fuckface.

Don't know why you think this is an accurate representation of the UI in the game

Yeah. 70% of that shit won't be on the screen 90% of the time.
All you see most of the time is the whole bottom row, reticle and the map.

>actual good mini map

most of the shit on the screen wont even be there all the time, calm down idiots

Exactly, this seems like something done intentionally to see how.many things they could possibly put on the screen. Which is why there's a boss bar and name with a level 7 psycho under it. And also a "reconnecting to server" box despite other players being in the game. And of course the fact that everything is maxed out from shield to heath.

looks solid

Either it's customization settings, or a quick boot-up meme joke at the meme of "too much shit on the hud". Which, after Battleborn being criticized for that very same prooblem, really wouldn't be a surprise.

Attached: 1347328246721.jpg (720x480, 67K)

correct. There will no point in the game when all of that shit will be on screen at the same time.

Attached: 1555891301270.jpg (1280x800, 414K)

What's with the player's names? The serial number of the game copy or some shit?

what are some games like metro and dead space that have minimal UI?

Not him but I find is unnecessarily large in certain areas, there doesn't need to be a huge portrait of your character, that conveys no useful information, many elements could be pushed further to the side or corners to free up more of the screen, certain elements like the revival counter don't need to be in the center of the screen that just clutters it when it could go next to the applicable ability, the revival counter doesn't need a skull icon that conveys no information that isn't conveyed by the text "TEAMMATE DOWN", the ult icon suffers from many of the points I already mentioned (doesn't need to be so large, doesn't need to be a unique icon, doesn't need to be in the middle of the screen.

>people bitching about the UI when the gunplay's the most fucking boring thing on the planet

Attached: 1517991259392.jpg (333x414, 11K)

Literally random bullshit since it's a mockup.
Where the person is looking and the map direction he is facing on the minimap doesn line up.
It's not even a tech demo. It's simply a view of all the things that would be on screen if you somehow managed to level up, lag out, fight a boss while aiming at a minor enemy, complete a quest Have a NPC talk to you, attempt matchmaking, have someone enter your game, have someone already in your game and someone attempting to duel you.

70% of this shit won't ever happen at the same time. Just showing you where it would appear on the screen when it does.

you're basically nitpicking about a HUD in a way that a scale setting for individual elements could probably fix most of that. keep in mind that you're asking for a heavy streamlining of a HUD that's intended for a game for casual crowds and, unfortunately, e-sports. they kinda of need the big dumb things and multi-indicators telling them things. a large part of it is honestly feedback so that it makes them feel like they've accomplished something in the otherwise-meaningless loop

Looks great. Also Claptrap confirmed.

>keep in mind that you're asking for a heavy streamlining of a HUD that's intended for a game for casual crowds and, unfortunately, e-sports.
That's a bad excuse. You asked what was wrong with the HUD and I told you. The little problems add up to a cluttered screen. Also I don't think some of them are nitpicks at all considering I proved a statement made by the post I responded to wrong. Someone said "everything there is important info" or something like that. Things like a portrait of your character are not important info so if that was you then you are straight up wrong buddy. I didn't even mention all the issues with it either. For example it is also completely unnecessary to tell you that you have infa-sight and who it's from. Not only does who it's from not matter you should be able to tell you have it because there is an audio call out and you see it. Stop being a fanboy, it's not a good UI. I actually think you can learn a lot from it on what not to do with a UI. It's puts style before substance and you are defending that now with "well it's for casuals". Casuals will play a game that doesn't have a giant portrait of their character in the corner, history has shown as much.

Blizzard has achievements on Battle.net. It started with WotLK I believe. Starcraft II certainly has achievements as well. I looked up some videos on achievements and that is real.

i'm a different user than the first one you replied to, for one, and second i don't play overwatch or, anything Blizzard really

It's a debug HUD which tests every element of the UI

>i don't play overwatch or, anything Blizzard really
Or make UIs if you think Overwatch has a good one.

UIs great, it's magic.

Attached: 1555889781104.jpg (840x840, 121K)

GEARBOX: NOT EVEN ONCE

Attached: battleborn.webm (896x504, 2.82M)

Attached: world of warcraft.jpg (1196x956, 627K)

who remembers project 1v1?

Attached: 1555891845469.png (1500x977, 2.92M)

>you can only ever have one criticism

>activate literally every hud element at the same time
>WOAH DUDE THIS HUD IS REALLY BAD THERE'S LIKE A MILLION THINGS ON THE SCREEN
Seriously the hud doesn't look like it has anything the first and second game had except for that mission reward pop up thing (which one would assume only shows up when you complete a mission)

Borderlands HUD has always been fine, UI outside of that has always been garbage, post an inventory screen or something.

is this real? oh my god the UI designer needs to be slapped. How did they get that job

whats the last time you actually played BL1? Even the enhanced version doesn't look that good

Attached: 20190420121449_1.jpg (1920x1080, 463K)

someone shop out
>reconnecting
>checkpoint
>whatever the 455 jakobs thing is
>the warning icon in the top center
>the mission rewards
>the matchmaking stuff
>duel intializing
>claptrap talking
>subtitles
>level up
>skill points available
It looks like a properly updated version of the old UI if you ask me. I like that they know the meme and made a screenshot with all the UI elements toggled on and shared it lmao

subtle gamer merch

Attached: 1242323456.jpg (460x620, 62K)

YOU FACE

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 108K)

The fact that anyone tried the competitive in this game is laughable. I have over 70 hours of co-op and had a blast playing with friends, unlocking the heroes, and trying different builds. This game was underrated because Randy went full retard and instigated a feud with Blizzard.

It's actually real.
streamable.com/ntrwp

Literally, LITERALLY looks no different from BL1.

ya know how I know you have nostalgia glasses on?

Genuinely looks the same dude.

Looks real too me, but it is an observer view.

This looks so samey I thought it was Boarderlands Remastered gameplay until I saw the watermark at the top.

>this isnt real

Alright Yea Forums, post some FPS games with a GOOD user interface.

Attached: 1451009430348.jpg (720x735, 57K)

This is a example pic to show off the HUD and the gun was blurred to not get in the way.

Notice how it's only blurred where the bottom right UI is.

Only the best.

Attached: Blood hotdogs.webm (640x480, 2.9M)

Surprisingly good and clean UI, considering Battleborn
FEAR and HL2

I honestly liked the multiplayer. It scratched the same itch for me that the original Monday Night Combat did.
The worst thing about it was that RNG loot you can grind out from co-op is fully usable in PvP.
So people who min-maxed and got lucky with drops had a sizeable edge over those who didn't.
In the worst cases (dragging out fights to late-game against teams running 3 legendary items each) matches became borderline unwinnable unless the team suffers some kind of mass stroke and makes huge misplays.

>advertising their game for free
worked

It's literally just a sample image to showcase what the HUD elements look like
We have actual gameplay footage as a reference
You people are legitimately dumber than dogshit

This shit gets me every fuckin time

Attached: image.jpg (258x544, 81K)

Here

Attached: bl3.png (1190x665, 760K)

Any with minimalist/auto-hiding/no HUD.

its funny because its true
back in early wow raiding you needed 20 plugins to be useful

t. asshurt blizdrone

Never found the Borderlands UI to be too cluttered. The thing that really pisses me off is that the inventory screen shits itself 70% of the time and I have to navigate it with the keyboard.

Attached: 1552767925310.webm (960x720, 2.93M)

Attached: bfv_2018-11-24_18-56-03.jpg (1000x562, 97K)

game is also really underrated

Attached: far-cry.jpg (1600x900, 255K)

*visable confusion*

Attached: nani.gif (250x251, 998K)

the first time i saw this with sound i laughed until i was crying. every second i'd see something i hadn't noticed yet and i could not stop cackling

The picture shows a "play of the game" which is the best moment replayed at the end of the match (after a short winning team victory pose). While achievements are real in Overwatch and look like that there isn't many you can get at that point. Adjusting and saving levels, cards, lootboxes happening after the potg. I think there are just one possible achievement: win on 12 different maps. But since the character we see is fairy high level the only real reason I can imagine is finishing a character ability achievement just the moment the game ends and it takes a while to register.

so long as I can at least turn off the mini-map, I'll be okay. I would like to toggle/resize everything

i wanna know how he made this, because he ported the model and the a.i. for a souls boss, managed to port the gun, arms, and reload animation from doom, AND dropped it on the SM64 castle. granted now that i'm seeing this for the hundredth time i don't think the gun is actually producing projectiles or damage but ehh it is what it is

Most of this isnt going to be shown the 99%

The fact that the team affiliation of every player is conveyed as a marker on the HUD rather than a uniform color is a pretty huge flaw. Blizzard literally reduced readability so that they could sell palette swaps as skins.

the OP shows ALL possible UI elements, even temporary ones.

OP is bait.

>achievement popup doesn't hide anything important
The guy who made this clearly never played on xbox. Microsoft deliberately made built in commands for the devs to be able to put the achievement popup anywhere on the screen. But most devs don't give a fuck and either leave it in the middle bottom where it constantly hides subtitles or important ui elements or put it somewhere where it is even more annoying. I remember Gears of War 2 putting the popup over the gun icon in the corner which shows your ammo and when to press quick reload. Funny when you play an rpg and need the subtitles but achievements and messages pop up over the text in every 5 minutes. Last but the funniest thing is when devs think backwards and they rather put all sub and text on the top of the screen to avoid the messages.

While we're on this topic why do so many games have shitty UIs? It seems to me like in most games the UI is an after thought and they don't even give you the ability to customize/mod your UI much or at all. Is there some kind of secret society that designs UIs this way or do people just not care enough to make them good?

>UI is cluttered when you're leveling up, fighting a boss, listening to an NPC, getting a quest reward, weapon swapping, matchmaking, having a player join you, initiating a duel and getting disconnected all at the same moment
wow

nice and CLEAN

Attached: ingame_3x1.jpg (5040x1050, 450K)

Oh, and I forgot leaving the allowed zone.

I genuinely could never derive any fun from Borderlands 2 when I tried it. Is the series just for braindead Reddit fags that think Bioshock is the epitome of intellectual thought?

Attached: 1543005144535.jpg (1024x504, 87K)

Everyone has adopted the minimalist UI meme without actually thinking about how to properly implement it for their game. Just look at Skyrim. Everything looks nice and clean, but scrolling through the gorillion nested menus quickly becomes a chore. I partially blame consoles, but games would've gotten stupider and more restrictive with or without them unfortunately.

Yes, we've known this since 2012.

Attached: 1555331749815.jpg (367x446, 41K)

They're co-op games first and foremost, so it's an implicit admission of their mediocrity. The only other reason you'd ever have to play it otherwise is if seeing numbers get bigger tickles your lizard brain.

YOU FACE JARAXXUS

Attached: 8b75i7jza8l11.png (1918x1082, 2.32M)

Nah you just have no friends.

Pretty much. Borderlands 1 was good largely due to how novel it was, it also pretty much started the looter-shooter genre. Every Borderlands game after has been a blatant rehash with no significant improvements to the formula.

GOD DAMMIT, QUIT THIS SHIT
YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO CHECK THE ENTIRE UI EVERY 2 SECONDS YOU ABSOLUTE AUTISTFAGS
Stop complaining about UI for fuck sake.

You're conflating two separate issues here. Minimalist UI has fuck all to do with nested menus, which are a consequence of UI logic and not UI visuals. A game can have minimalist UI and still have grid-based menus.

Here's your UI, bro

Attached: id0.jpg (1280x720, 685K)