What is your opinion of this game

what is your opinion of this game

Attached: d7b8e344-4f63-4604-a682-1aa5304ef467_1.c17883df305aff3e17098698d1e5331a.jpg (2000x2000, 760K)

is suck

Attached: 1555224040895.png (699x817, 220K)

Bloated, gimmicky, sterile, soulless

Attached: soul_2020.jpg (2448x1664, 910K)

It's yes masterpiece.

it's fun

Fun but with low replay ability

TF2 + Mario

Most fun I've had with a 3D Mario game

i hate to be that nigger but the graphics and artstyle havent evolved a single bit since super mario sunshine,i'd say it even looked better than odyssey because of the lack of contrast in this

>dark and grim = better

odyssey is the best looking mario game besides SMW. it's a fine game for what it is and the endgame content is great. the gameplay is obviously godteir but it could have been more challenging, had a few more worlds and some of those moons should have been hidden better. overall i really enjoyed it though and would give it a solid 8/10.

Attached: F96C288B-FA62-49C3-9080-C7277154A396.png (463x462, 256K)

Had to choose between buying this or BotW, and chose this. Glad I did, because BotW sucked ass when my friend let me borrow his copy.

Mario is meant to attract children you dumfuck. Kinda like how you played the older Mario games when you’re little.

It's alright, I guess. First Mario game since Galaxy 2 and I can't even bring myself to finish this, let alone pick it up again. I'm still stuck at about 350 moons. I dunno, it just feels like something's missing.

Smw is ugly compared to 3. Get some taste retard

Attached: 2d_enemy.jpg (848x1302, 212K)

OK and op asked us our opinion on this "children's game", and I gave an answer. Sorry I triggered you

Attached: F33D4E40-58B5-41DA-8A28-5916B1D019F4.png (500x419, 71K)

Flawed but fun. It's best enjoyed with some kind of self imposed challenge of some kind or just an extra goal in mind to make the fact that it doesn't really try to be a platformer as much as it is a freeroaming experience: The most i've enjoyed Odyssey was after having tediously 100%'d it, making a file and finishing it " Any% " in about 2 hours.
Its defining gimmicks honestly held it back from being a platformer in the first place, so I don't really blame it for the direction it took: Cappy is absolutely broken & granting Mario a honorary Double Jump, while fun, removes a lot of the challenge. That's also why one of the better parts of the games lies in the Dark Side of the Moon and its many Cappyless Moons ( Too bad they're just old levels without Cappy, but its not too dreadful ). The Capture mechanic may have been cool on Paper but in reality, in a game like Odyssey, it just gives this unfocused vibes reminescent of the Rare N64 titles, except even more shallow & one dimensional, and that Mario is infinitely more fun to control than most Rare N64 Protagonists were: I think there's no debate that given Mario's great controls, he is clearly self sufficient to a good game.

wat

Just make a proper Mario 64 sequal already without gimmicky crap

mario galaxy hasn't stopped existing yet user

really disgusting how this has a 97 meta, im saying as this as someone who likes the game

>meta
Again, why the fuck do you give a shit what journos think when 90% of them are absolutely clueless?

So fucking boring. Galaxy was bettet

Overrated garbage.

Yea Forums prefers 64 and Sunshine

Attached: 1555489804493.png (977x761, 44K)

Does it even have working mirrors?

Attached: mirror mario 6423.jpg (1024x768, 206K)

One of the few games that felt next gen to me. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

>Yea Forums is 106 people
3D land is better than world

Average in all regards. Has the same "feel"/controls of 3d world which was liquid shit. They need to stop with these clown games and make something like 64/sunshine/galaxy again. 3D worlds with real level design and difficulty

Yea Forums has some really shit taste desu

3d world is the only good 3d mario

Feels the same as almost all 3d mario games.
Would been better as a Wario game !

Attached: WariosPowerUps.png (1190x1190, 2.45M)

>Wario is never getting another video game that isn't an ADHD simulator again

wa

It's my favorite 3D Mario game, but I know that isn't the general consensus.
Odyssey > 64 > Galaxy 2 > Galaxy > Sunshine > 3D Land > 3D World
For reference.

I think they overdid it with the amount of moons, but its a solid game. A nice return to exploration.

>Has the same "feel"/controls of 3d world which was liquid shit.
Felt completely different to 3D World's controls to me.

Movement is amazing, exploration is good, the actual level design is lacking though, still a great game. If a sequel is made I hope they make more interesting and involved platforming segments, and make moons more rewarding to collect.

It's fine, in a lot of ways a natural evolution of where the 64/Sunshine style was destined to go by removing the "one McGuffin per level rendition" approach and doing what Banjo-Kazooie did 20 years ago with its barrier-free collectathoning. It can be argued that too many of the moons are inane tasks but I feel like the idea is exploration and experimentation with Odyssey moreso than raw platforming, which would be in line with the 64/Sunshine style anyways compared to the Galaxy/"3D" games. There's also the whole revamped life system that makes it basically impossible to game over if you have a functioning brain but whatever, all that does is kill arbitrary down time to retry the occasional bit of actually challenging platforming that the game has. I'd give it an 8/10 overall, I prefer the Galaxies but this is fine too.

I'd give it 9.7 out of 10. But thats just me.

This. The hat idea is from Wario games. Mario stole it !