UNIST Thread

Oh lawdy

Attached: Hyde's House.jpg (768x768, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/CYCLOPS_OSAKA/status/1122865936099209216
files.catbox.moe/isc6kf.mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pass is vee
Squish, Brett, and Tari seem to have enjoyed their trip to Kure-land.
I even saw LTP's name show up in the Club Sega videos
twitter.com/CYCLOPS_OSAKA/status/1122865936099209216

Attached: BtwB5DNCQAAdVRl.jpg large.jpg (930x600, 139K)

Woo. I made it to orange square in a sea of yellow squares today. It really is much faster to rank up once you get out of blue. I'll be on in a few (assuming there's still room).

Attached: 1553311834401.png (2560x1440, 3.53M)

There's a new Wagner player in here.

oh yeah how'd that go? did the tournament already happen?

Cool. Looking forward to duking it out with them.

Also sorry Blues if you're here, got ahead of the game on ranks so it seems our next rank up battle will be a ways off (assuming I can still hold the square, maybe not).

kw: pclobby

Attached: 9688365dc34f64e3592901943bd947c7a05ca5020c63a3733ee6089b52b2a5cf.png (600x400, 132K)

No clue, just saw the pictures this morning.

just double checked it looks like it's going to be in a couple days. Interested to see how NA does.

>that explosion
darn shame

> my buttons were fine
I guess I wasn't mashing burst hard enough

These people with you, merk?

nope

>It's a Seth episode
Should be an interesting Night

Shit, I should've mentioned UNIST is on sale on both PSN and Steam

Attached: Cover.jpg (1280x1332, 367K)

Maybe that is part of the reason for the influx. Hope they stick around and enjoy their stay.

Hey phrumpf, there's another Nanase in here.

Attached: 50634624_p9.jpg (320x320, 139K)

Why do you niggers always make these threads when I'm going to sleep.

I know it ain't called Under NIGHT for nothin, but fuck.

Any attempts at making the thread earlier had nobody wanting to play for some reason.
Consistency kept these threads late at night since I got maybe like 4 people max any earlier.

Attached: Lex.png (239x404, 133K)

East Coast or do you work early in the morning? Pretty sure we have some Mid-land and East Coaster regulars either way but I guess there's no schedule conflicts.

Though on certain days I may have to dip out early myself soon as I recently got a membership to do late night gym workout with some buds. I'll still keep showing up as much as I can though.

Hopefully blue can escape soon

Are there new players in the lobby? I suck ABSOLUTE ass but would love to Duke it out with others who suck as well

>that echoed YURUSANE
I love mirror matches

Attached: 1439792969415.gif (480x270, 2.87M)

If you want I can make a 2nd lobby and play characters that I might not body ya with if you'd like. Maybe even show you a thing or two about your main you might not have seen before.

Let me know if you're down and I'll get on to it.

Attached: 1553494342329.jpg (1451x2048, 270K)

ggs PSN lobby. I think I'm going to play in the PC lobby this week to mix things up a bit.

Attached: D5NPizpU8AEjrcK.jpg large.jpg (1451x2048, 238K)

We did but then he skedaddled.

GGs m8. Sounds like a plan.

GGs

> no run back
welp

Attached: merkrage.jpg (1200x900, 159K)

Don't you have PC too? Chase em down

I'm getting my ass kicked on PC right now if you wanted to join that.

Because no one ever knows when an earlier lobby is made, and when a heads up is made, it's just a vague "some time in the morning/afternoon" or something. Some people discourage making it earlier too.

I've made the decision that playing pc verision isn't worth it, wouldn't be as bad if at least my inputs read the same way.

Whew lad. Those were some on point teleports. I couldn't reach you at all to punish.

Regular lobby full?

Early Yea Forums threads devolve into nothing but waifufaggotry with hardly anyone playing either. Multiple people can attest to this.
Consistency is important and like you said, nobody is really around to establish a good time for any earlier threads but it's been like this for two straight years and it hasn't change nor has anyone tried to change it.
Having more active times does understandably risk getting kicked to /vg/ and that's the worst thing that could possibly happen.

Room for 1 more.

Never seen that before. What the hell was that Seth setup?

One more spot left

Fuck that IW was an accident. I did not mean for that to come out.

>the worm pressure to lead into those grabs
Neat.

btw, why the name change? I wasn't here when you first started showing up as sankt

GGs guys, been a while since I played here.

Safejump + catches jumps + catches backdash + self looping unblockable, needs specific proration so the first rep was fake. Beat it by shielding the j.B but you don't even get a punish.

I only ever see rooms open in early threads if hippie awakens from his slumber and starts challenging everybody in sight.

Attached: 1454353155467.jpg (640x480, 33K)

GGs dude. Nice to see you again. I haven't fought you in months.

Because It's cool and what's cooler than cool? Not Icecold that's for sure.

Attached: smug vivio.jpg (812x608, 290K)

>those last few seconds in round 2
The pressure was nuts. I'm surprised Merk managed to keep cool under all of that.

Great fight.

I'm not in the pc lobby, who's bullying people with unblockable's?
> whiff punishing the first swing of 6B before the second hit came out
good feel.

Attached: DpdY45wUUAECU4E.png (874x514, 45K)

Whoops. Guess I fell to the pressure making those mistakes hahaha. Next time I'll get a round or 2.

Screwing up a lot tonight execution wise. Should have spent a few minutes in training before I joined.

Yeah I'll try and be around more, not a big fan of 8 man lobbies but I like playing with you guys.

>0 bar with sha
That explains it

oh yeah sha just reminded me, I fought itzbigblack recently. Fighting people who are purely reactive and defensive is such a pain in the ass.

Care to share what you did? I'm interested in learning how to be scummier with Seth
I've fought him a couple times, he drops a lot of combos and dies to assaults. At least against me.

it was weird, he kept blocking my assaults but almost never shielding and punishing them.

East coast. Everyone only plays smash in my area, so I'm SoL.

Very few people online seem to be aware that shielding assaults can lead to an easy punish be it a 2A combo or a throw.

How many people actually show up to the early threads? I'm pretty sure if there was a decent sum of people who actually played, there wouldn't be a problem, because, they're playing.

There's clearly some people who can't play cause of the times, and then there's an unknown amount of people who would be able to play earlier and would be willing to.

The /vg/ boogieman is really too much. If the threads die on off times, then what does it matter, it'll be just like Yea Forums where the thread isn't alive during off times either. Shitposters? Ok cool, ignore them just like pancake man. If ignoring them is too much, I don't have any other arguments for that.

I got lucky, my local is basically a bunch of converted smash players and now we regularly get more entrants than melee does at the local.
ironically, overzealous shielding is exactly how I lost locals this past week

Attached: IMG_20190420_152711.png (658x520, 37K)

Fuck I thought I was doing well

Yeah I recently had to switch to the same internet provider that atic has so results may be rough

idk much about that player. how was he going about being defensive and reactive with byak? just using 236c and 3c smartly?

Even during earlier threads when the console version dropped in the west, I think we only managed around 4-5 new people while the rest were regulars.
You underestimate shitposting power in generals where attentionwhore shitposters exist solely to be annoying. Go look at /afgg/. /unig/ tried to make a general but it ended up exactly like this place, intentional or not, they were dead for 3/4ths of the day and had to resort to zombie bumps. I fail to see the point in zombie bumping a general compared to just having active threads here for around 4 hours.

the games he won would go like this
> block until he got vorpal
> punish something or sniff out a gap in pressure
> confirm combo into corner carry into mix into death

I mean, I probably get grd broken the most here bar none since I shield way too much.
It's still helped me win a lot of times when people get too zealous in their offense.

>scummier
It's the scummiest thing possible. It's just orb, j.214A EX grab into falling j.B j.214B with the right proration. If the j.B hits the j.214B whiffs and you combo off of orb, if it's blocked you unblockable, if they do a slow (4f) dp you safejump it, and orb catches backdash. Basic combo to set it up is:
5CC 214xB ff kick j.6C j.236B j.214A 214x9x jump j.236B j.214A 632146C j.B j.214B
There's a brett stream where he spends the whole thing messing around with different starters.

I'll definitely take note of this.
i always had trouble linking the EX command grab off a orb hits after 2148x for some reason. I'm always never in range for it but it looks like that second j214A is going to save me.

Attached: D5VbarFUIAAjP0v.jpg orig.jpg (1072x831, 121K)

c-can I please have some matches

Attached: homeless.jpg (800x600, 182K)

Looks like Icey(Sankt) is back on his a-game (at least on me) now that he's incorporating slashes again. Good stuff.

Looks like my orange square will be short-lived!

Attached: 1551260379303.jpg (1451x2048, 423K)

Are you having trouble finding them?

Then is then, now is now. It's obvious the popularity skyrocketed after the EVO announcement. If there's not enough people to sustain earlier, then there isn't. If there is, there is. The problem is no one knows how many want to play earlier. As mentioned, without knowing how many people know of earlier times, prior examples are poor ones.

/afgg/ is a false comparison. Comparing 1 game's community to another (much more broad and older one too). I don't know what to say if you assume every general is the same as another, or every single one is a shitpost general. This is important, how many people here supported /unig/? if a good amount of people didn't, (and I know there are some who definitely did not judging my attitudes,) well you just made a self fulfilling prophecy. There's no need to zombie bump if no one wants to. Just remake the general then at usual times. What is the difference, like I said? If both on Yea Forums and /vg/ threads happen to be dead on off times.

Oh yeah, sha.
Meaning to share this with you
files.catbox.moe/isc6kf.mp4

Attached: 50634624_p10.jpg (320x320, 110K)

First time I've seen the lobby break like that...

I guess the pc lobby just outright crashed.

not sha, but isn't that just a video of standard byak routing?

Not him but I don't see any reason to change what's going on.

>files.catbox.moe/isc6kf.mp4
thats nice
I'll mess with that, see what other starters its doable from

its not exactly standard because its pretty hard to hit the web set into web/c followup. id say its probably optimal for corner carry and grd theft if not damage

I think even Sai can back me up on this, there weren't that many takers for earlier threads even after the EVO announcement.
This place was completely separate from /unig/. But I think the PC players were from there too and came here once /afgg/ got too shit

Pretty much. Even in the last few fighting game threads that have popped up (one started by myself even), I put up challenges and only ever ran into hippie.

Likewise, he's posted challenges and I ended up taking them since nobody else did.

ArcSys pls

You also forgot any time an unist thread is made outside of these lobbies it's just mika xD spam, linne waifufagging, and literally nobody playing for hours before people lose interest and abandon the thread.

I'm dropping literally everything. I don't know what's going on.

> hating on based mika
someone's gotta spread the good word.

Attached: 84ypfse8ask21.png (1080x600, 877K)

There's no reason besides getting/allowing more people to play.

If there's actually only like the 3 people I see who would play earlier and don't play now cause it's too late for them, it doesn't really matter. Well, I mean if they decide to make the thread and play amongst themselves, I don't think anyone would care, and then everyone just migrates in at the usual times.

So yes, no one here partook in /unig/ at all, so a self fulfilling prophecy.

My timing is really off today, can't get my confirms and finish my combos, feels real bad...

Attached: 8c556aff311e9428c350998af8f7ba229661e2e3f23b72dc31606cfb402eb77e.jpg (720x405, 21K)

I wanted to play with /unig/ but most of them were pc only and mostly EU as well. plus it was kind of a redundant general when afgg could absorb them and be less zombie posted, albeit still having tons of waifufagging.

>So yes, no one here partook in /unig/ at all, so a self fulfilling prophecy.
Can't speak for the PC people so I don't have much to say aside from wanting to avoid /vg/. I see little reason to interrupt what's going on here. Can't cater to everyone, until someone makes a discord and it all comes tumbling down.

Eh, could just be an unlucky night. I'm sure you'll bounce back by next time for sure.

ggs amigos, im outta here for now but you know that ill always be back

pleasure playing all of you as always

Attached: kermit-the-frog-the-great-muppet-caper-2.62.jpg (210x240, 14K)

> until someone makes a discord
a large portion of the regulars are in the discord and netplay in there as well. this is just a nice alternative to have a consistent time to play online as well as not need make accounts or waste time asking for games, just hopping in and playing.

My Yuzu still ain't a match for ya. Maybe next time

I should have clarified, I don't really care if people are in the big discord at all, what I'm against is having a discord among only the people here.

I think that was my first alpha counter in these lobbies. For some reason I could never get the input down. I feel like like I accomplished something great.

GGs!

They are? I've seen a few on ranked (DOD3Hype, Waifustealer, Ph0ssify, etc) but didn't know they could be found on discord as well (at least the PS players).

me, atic, phrumf, sha but he doesn't really use it, and a few others I think are all in there.

Also DOD3hype is a discord player primarily, apparently playing Yea Forums is a waste of their time as we are too far below their level, so they say

Man I actually really blocked your shit there.

Thankfully we can ignore 80% of what the discord says because they might as well not exist.

Intriguing. Well he's entitled to his opinion. He is definitely alot better than me from the time that I played him from what I recall.

Those mini-mes never fail to shake me off of my groove, hahaha.

> discord might not as well exist
I don't think you understand how much of the community and resources and event organization happens on there. WIth the exception of JP twitter, without the discord there would be no resources for this game. The discord for all intents and purposes, IS the community for this game. Every high level player, TO, and person of intersest to the NA UNIST scene is in there.

I'm guessing he's talking about their respective opinions and not the rest of the content (of which is the less busy side of things compared to the chatroom drama).

I meant their opinions.

Fuck em

You ever have one of those nights where everything you tried to do was wrong? Tonight definitely felt like one of those nights.

GGs PC lobby.

That feels like every night to me

I labbed some 66B and more damaging 236[B] combos for a bit including the optimal Ryuu CH assault j.C combo, so I'm going to fish for them or at least try to remember to do them. Man do I suck at the 236[B] > 66B link for some reason.

I swear I'm having the weirdest lag with Au and Hippie. Everyone is fine. It's like this strange slowdown that happens

Most definitely. Surely tomorrow will be a better day.

Attached: 1365812281420.gif (400x225, 1.43M)

That was an amusing Chaos ball juggle.

yeah rolled right into that one

ggs. Looking forward to some more games with you with how good our connection is.

GGs Oriebro. I get what you mean. It isn't a huge deal to me whether I'm getting L's or W's but screwing up just kills me inside.

Attached: 1532653988948.gif (250x188, 496K)

Did I miss the lobbies?

Which ones are you trying to enter?

Fuck, still getting the 6f and jitters.

Was trying to join the pc lobby

More like uninstall

More worried about essays than finals this week so I'll keep the thread up for a bit longer but expect me to a bit less active than normal for the next few days. I wanna let phrumpf get a match with ric here and then get a rematch with atic since that felt sloppy.

Attached: D4X0yXRU4AAeTbZ.png orig.png (766x584, 176K)

oh au-ric. yea Ive fought them a couple times

Woo. Managed to take one of those losses back from Sankt! Looks like I'll keep my rank yet.

Maybe you need to change your regions if you still can't join.

gg pc bros

Attached: 142541654316.jpg (477x720, 43K)

What region do i need to switch to? I'm european btw

ggs PC lobby. What I'm starting to feel is that I need to practice with training mode delay again. Played the cleanest I've ever did in the last few weeks in the PC lobby. Also, it turns out I'm not a fraud since I won a pink square.
Also, it's pretty amazing how good you've gotten with Vatista. I remember when you were just picking her up a month(?) ago.

Attached: D5QEjQmUcAIqMjX.jpg large.jpg (1451x2048, 291K)

UhhhHHHHH the game finished, and then in lobby everyone's gone. What happened? I assume the lobby just blew up somehow.

Attached: 49dbd37f901aa17533c545cf7d492daeb6efdedb6d152e03b539a67ee536bbbe.jpg (1000x562, 48K)

Maybe the host's? Not sure who's hosting it currently though since I'm on PS right now.

Oh, I guess everyone coincidentally finished up at the same time. I'll hop off too then, since I have a long day tomorrow.

Attached: c443ba35b6d645d5236caa662c56302a3c0f7f1f86eaa9f6b034d58c1ca217d6.png (720x720, 512K)

Small steps blue, you're letting a lot of damage get away but letting your corner combos only be extended by a 3B > 236BB
You can fit at least on 236B~A in there before the 236B~B off big confirms. Once you implement FF and 22A, you'll be set on big hyde damage

Attached: 1494365446148.jpg (900x675, 250K)

Congrats on rank up broski.

Try East Coast U.S. Mine's set to Boston right now and it works.Unfortunately, it might've closed up right after I left.

I left quickly because I needed to use the bathroom. Didn't expect everyone else to dip too.
Either way, GGs PC lobbies. My execution was pretty poor tonight but nothing a few more hours of labbing can't iron out. I really need to remember that I have to do a delay j.b for assault proration.

Congrats on you your rank up. And thanks for the praise. I still don't think I'm good or consistent enough yet to call myself a legit Vatista player but I'm getting there.

Gonna close it when it gets back to me.

I guess i'll try next time since it seems all of you are done

Damn I couldn't finish any of my big boy combos tonight

You're definitely getting there for sure. Not enough to put absolutely fear into me like the top tier Vat players, but your game sense carried over pretty well. Better than me either way, seeing as I remember practicing Vat around the same time you started and barely played her since.

Hnnnnggg! Was really feeling good about those parries too hahaha.

Too bad I accidentally ended that one combo on parry super instead of anything else I could've done.

Attached: 1374925191075.gif (512x288, 1.3M)

GGs everyone

Attached: Dfe5dxaVQAA78Yw.jpg orig.jpg (959x1090, 155K)

Well I think I played alright but I didn't really get to do what I wanted with the tips Lamp gave me. I really wish someone would speak into my ear during my matches and just criticize me. Text clearly isn't helping me.
Does anyone wanna shout in my ear tomorrow?

Attached: 1529491203735.png (1135x894, 240K)

GGs bros! Another fun night was had as usual. Also, nice to meet ya au-ric. Looking forward to fighting ya again soon!

Attached: 1387067423786.gif (272x147, 2.97M)

66B is hard

ggs and fuck 66B. At least I realized sort of what I had to do for netplay timing.

Are you switching mains to Hyde or is it an extended secondary development arc?

GGs Atic, I had fun

Attached: 1554787868305.jpg (1171x731, 198K)

Honestly not sure. At first it was just trying to branch out and try new characters, but now I've been playing him so long nonstop that I have more fun playing Hyde than Wagner easily. I might just go all in on Hyde at this rate. We'll see.

Attached: __erika_wagner_and_orie_under_night_in_birth_drawn_by_suzunashi__f9e1470dedb57e8a5c36e52079af2aab.jp (1000x718, 141K)

You seem to be a bit more comfortable with Hyde's fireball and 22X options than Wagner's tools already. Just need to get down those big combos and corner stuff.

Also since you started going for 3C antiairs after I kept assaulting trying to fish for a CH, you should practice the 3CAD antiair throw OS for that (it's actually in the tutorial) and the CH conversion combo off it too.

when are these hosted
im a relatively still a new player for the most part i dont know much about most of the roster

9:15 pacific

alright then thanks