Is this the best 2d controller available?

Is this the best 2d controller available?

Attached: saturn.jpg (2403x1729, 357K)

It's memed as the best but try and play any modern fighters with it.

It's not a meme. Its d-pad is Awesome.

Really incredible.

But the new ones from Retro-bit, the ones licensed for Sega.

the dpad is fragile as fuck

do circles and bye bye controller

if capcom wasn't retarded the N64 would be the king fo 2D fighters that gen
that dpad is indestructible, it's a full, thick piece

>But the new ones from Retro-bit, the ones licensed for Sega.

But what?

Anyone try out those recent re-releases of the controllers with USB? They as good as OPs pic?

Yes. Literally the best d-pad in the history of the industry. Button layout is also perfect for fighters.

these faggots never played with the controller
don't trust

I just got the retrobit Sega Saturn controller today

I've heard many boomers talking about how good the dpad is on this controller so I decided to get one.

But I don't get it. I don't get the hype. I absolutely do not like the Dpad at all. It's weird as hell like it pivots in the center so straight left or right up and down directions are extreme hard to pull off compared to my snes I butffalo controller.

I've heard it's really accurate to the olders though so if you want a replacement go get it.

Attached: IMG_20190429_125237942.jpg (4032x3024, 2.49M)

I just wanna know if that Retrobit is worth a shit. That Dpad was Golden, man. I don't know why I'm collecting so many controllers but I've found uses for them in groups.

Get if it you liked it user. I didn't. But it feels sturdy.

How do you press on the dpad? Do you use the center of the tip of your thumb? Thumb tip? Maybe something other weird way?

>It's weird as hell like it pivots in the center so straight left or right up and down directions are extreme hard to pull off
wtf that even means
it's exactly like any other dpad

There's a reason why Sega released a PS2 version of their Saturn controller. It was just that good.

Attached: ControlPadPS2Black.jpg (450x300, 21K)

nah every manufacturer except nintendo and microsoft released a ps2 controller in japan

dumb memelord

Attached: 61qexQlSPxL._SL1058_.jpg (1058x792, 83K)

I still think the SNES pad is better. The Saturn having 6 face buttons helps with Capcom fighting games but the buttons themselves are worse. The top row have a weird shape and aren't really that comfortable to the touch.

I don't have the problem with my PS4, Vita, nds, neogeo, or snes controller.

I'm not good at describing it but it doesn't feel like it's good for straight directions.like playing ikaruga a shmup I would be moving up/left or down left than just moving left.

I don't understand. I played nights with it, and it was perfect in everyway. Fighting games too. This controller feels amazing.

>I don't understand. I played nights with it, and it was perfect in everyway. Fighting games too. This controller feels amazing.

Isn't nights a 3d game?

not sure if serious nigger
I've played tomb raider on this shit on the sega saturn and I can do some precise jumps just like playing with the keyboard

some people find it easier on the playshit because the buttons apparently are separate but they are one piece inside

shitty bait/10

I plays like 2D.

yep nights is a terrible example as it doesn't even need one direction precision
that retard is a zoomer trolling, don't trust him

>Shit bait
>When I bought the controller and have with me right now and you don't
K

Attached: 1447470825917.png (200x200, 44K)

come on sweetie
left and right? really?

try playing duke nukem 3d, doom or quake on the saturn

no

Attached: ng.jpg (1000x665, 44K)

sega dpads are basically bigger improved xbox 360 dpads. You CAN get them to go a cardinal direction if you press the tip of your thumb dead center of the direction you are pressing, but if you're a thumb-roller then it's not so great

>it doesn't even need one direction precision
right user.

I don't even know your points anymore.

Every game you use to play with this controller feels awesome. Specially fight games.

I got the neogeo mini controller ordered and can't wait for it.

Is there any difference between the Saturn controller and the 6 button genesis controller?

there is a reason they released a fucking analog stick to play nights and a digital pad is not the reason

the dpad is excellent. very precise
but it lasts two months tops playing darkstalkers/street fighter/ etc

>Sega Dpads are bigger and improved Xbox 360 Dpads

That is not a good thing.

Attached: 1538260555153.gif (380x254, 1.97M)

I enjoy the mini pad but it falls short on what it should be.

it's completely different in size
feels completely different. genesis is way bigger and less refined on the edges

saturn has two shoulder buttons and only start as opposed to no shoulders and start + mode

I see, I used the 6 button genesis controller as a kid but I never had a saturn. Is the supposedly incredible d-pad the same across the two?

Yes.

I find the genesis pad too 'tall', rough on the edges

For the japan/model 2 us saturn controller yes. model 1 us saturn controller is... this thing...

Attached: saturn model 1 controller.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

not a bad controller at all
but weird

8Bitdo's version is pretty good
It's supposed to be a genesis controller, but it's totally a Saturn

Attached: 61Npk15hHPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1492x763, 83K)

The dpad on the snes is better. Fight me

it's better than the playstation I agree
worst than any sega dpad, including the master system

>controller becomes popular to talk about
>Yea Forums hates it
but of course.

Wow it's almost as if boomers are the ones who like it due to nostalgia.

kys trannie scum

I'm not even calling it the best, it's just amazing how this board always does this mentality without fail.

>Yea Forums hates it
no one hates it
it's just not all that

The 6 button genesis controller is smaller than the saturn too.
I always prefered the size and shape of the 3 button genesis, even to the saturn one.

Maybe one day they'll release a bluetooth version of the white one, so I can match my Mega SG...

>360 style dpad
>hurrr literally best dpad in industry!
miss me with that gay ass shit faggots, also enough with the "literally", it doesn't strengthen your argument, stop using it like if it was a word you just found out about

I own a Saturn with two model 2 controllers, brainlet.
The Saturn d-pad is nothing like the 360 d-pad. The only thing they have in common is that they're both circles, and the 360's problems were much more than "it was a circle".

Can you faggots make up your mind? I had a SNES back in the day but a lot of Yea Forums irgins claim the Saturn pad is the best controller.

I'm in the market for a 2d controller and its either the Saturn pad, the iBuffalo or the SF 30

Get the Saturn pad

Saturn pad is unironically the best controller for 2D games. 6 face buttons with 2 shoulder buttons on top of arguably the best d-pad ever created make it perfect for everything in a 2D space.

Sf30?

I've always been intrigued by the concept of a concave d-pad. Might pick up a model 1 Saturn controller if I ever randomly happen to come across one