Have been playing Bust a Groove 1 and 2 lately. So I decided to make a thread about it...

Have been playing Bust a Groove 1 and 2 lately. So I decided to make a thread about it. Post your favorite characters and songs from each game.

>Favorite Characters
Strike and Shorty

>Favorite BAG 1 song
Power

>Favorite BAG 2 Song
Let the music take control

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-30-00-00-40.png (1280x720, 1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1d7bxKAUTco
youtube.com/watch?v=hbE9MNbQsh0
youtu.be/1cez1x1Gei4?list=RD1cez1x1Gei4
youtube.com/watch?v=FEFGm2qz5BQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cDkIOLMHgPc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Hiro and Robo Z
>Natural Playboy
>Hello Kitty N
also the guy who did the art for the game is the creator of Super Milk Chan and this game is actually how I found out about the show.

Attached: 1lF6.gif (255x239, 80K)

Really? Never knew. Learn something new everyday

Hiro and Strike
Natural Playboy and I Luv Hamburgers
Hello! Kitty-N and Enka
2's soundtrack kind of sucks compared to 1

1's soundtrack was made by various artists licensed under Avex(mainly Kaleb James, who's a pretty talented dude), 2 was made by in house musicians(or at least, non-signed artists) I believe.

Man the 3rd game dropped the ball, it wasn't nearly as groovy as the first 2.

Gas O and Shorty
Fly'n to your soul
The Heat is On

I wish these games would come back in the same gameplay of the first 2 games. There is a shit ton of music styles they could cover with new characters designs and stages, not to mention trendy stuff like vaporwave that could be used for secret boss material. Shorty is one of the most underrated daughterfus.

Attached: Shorty.png (625x834, 295K)

So Square-Enix owns these games? All I remember was having a demo on one of those PlayStation demo discs. Pinky vs Heat.

yes, Enix was the original owner of the IP and now Square Enix does.

>mfw this series with online play
give it to me

Attached: 1545415042041.png (224x283, 193K)

>BAG
I luv Hamburgers and Strike
>BAG 2
Let the Music Take Control and Comet

Attached: 1514833767137.gif (406x449, 1.4M)

Does that mean they could give it to another studio like Platinum to make a 3rd game? imagine their love for speed and action on a rhythm game.

I'd trust Sega or Namco more since those two have multiple rhythm game franchises under their belt. But yeah, they could easily do that, but they won't since Square doesn't give two shits about this series, they didn't even acknowledge the 20th anniversary

I just loved how 2 completely surpassed 1 in everything

except music and Heat's look

>Does that mean they could give it to another studio like Platinum to make a 3rd game?
You don't know a third game exists already? It was made for PS2 and changed everything, instead of individual characters having dance duels it became about dance groups, it was only released in Japan.

tbqh I found most of 2's soundtrack more memorable and catchy than 1, but 1 still has the highest peaks with Hiro and Strike's songs

Bust a NUT

>Favorite Characters
Kitty-N a best
>Favorite BAG 1 song
Natural Playboy
>Favorite BAG 2 Song
The Heat Is On

Attached: KittyN.jpg (567x810, 71K)

So was the roster change the music they made didn't fit existing guys, or a result of culling less popular guys from the original?

if you look at both from side to side, you start to see similarities, I found out because I wanted to see what any of the people that worked on this game were doing now and I found the artist's website.

Attached: 1530268988.png (1067x1280, 703K)

I hope you guys knew what the "N" stood for

We don't talk about that one.

Attached: 193391739_3.png (2200x1901, 886K)

I'd assume they decided on the characters and music genres before composing music. I don't know for sure, though.

well the only characters they removed were Ham, Frida, and Pinky(and Burger Dog if we're being that guy). I think Ham and Pinky were probably removed because of racist stereotypes(ham was notoriously changed in the western release because his lips made him look like a black caricature), no idea why Frida was taken out considering she was on the freaking title screen....

> Hiro and Kitty'n
> I Luv Hamburgers
> The heat is on

2 had a few good songs, but 1's soundtrack decimates it. But Heat's Bust a Groove 2 song is way better than 1's

KITTEEE-ENN!
versus
GAAASSS-OOOHHHH

KAH PO EHHH RAHHH
versus
iro

I like how the announcer would say the characters names differently depending which one is P1 and P2.

Attached: 62595795.jpg (1071x1202, 223K)

My guess is they removed Hamm and Frida because their styles were too similar to Heat's (modern, West Coast, and East Coast Hip-Hop respectively).
Gas-O was replaced both in spirit (Bi-O) and style (Tsutomo).
No idea for Pinky.

I bought this game when it came out, my dad called me a faggot and busted it in half. Sad times since I was using it as fap material.

were you fapping to comet's pantyshots?

game had the best characters

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

HEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY PARTY PEOPLE.....
YOOOOO HOOOO, BUSTIN IT STONE COLD,
BATTLE OF THE CENTURY, GET YOUR BODY READY TO JAM!
youtube.com/watch?v=1d7bxKAUTco

I WILL NEVER EVER RUN AWAAY

o, ho, bust a stone cold boom, it's the battle of the century. Get your body ready to jam, let's get down to breaking rollerblade dance! house, sexy hip hop, jazz dance, zombie dance, african dance! Gangster groove, old school, seventies disco, techno jumbo and even CAPOEIRA! Stay on the beat and jazz to the groove, let's raise the roof--hey, you're slammin'! Yo, I'm DJ Dangerous timed to kick the meetin', so keep your groove, on, and Bust A Move!
youtube.com/watch?v=hbE9MNbQsh0

It's too bad your dance instructor's gay!

The spanish localization of BAG1 had he most obnoxious announcer, you are way better off playing the english or japanese versions.

youtu.be/1cez1x1Gei4?list=RD1cez1x1Gei4

>tfw the guy who did Heat is On remade the song for the series's 20th anniversary
it's only okay, but it's cool that he did that.
youtube.com/watch?v=FEFGm2qz5BQ

Attached: 5fgtTTer_400x400.jpg (400x400, 21K)

Heat mind

WHO'S GOT THE POWER?
2BAD'S GOT THE POWER

Attached: Strikevs.jpg (320x480, 22K)

how were they able to directly sample michael jackson but had to censor "Arnold Schwarzenegger" and "McDonalds, Burger King or any other play"

this song goes hard as fuck, shame these games are so underappreciated, the soundtracks are god tier

Favorite Characters: Gas-O and Shorty

Favorite songs: Chemical Love, Kitty N Stage, Fly into your Soul, EZ mouse.

The sequels never did much for me. Apparently there was a arcade version of the game in Japan.

youtube.com/watch?v=cDkIOLMHgPc

Attached: bust a groove.jpg (918x1536, 273K)

>Arcade version
Holy fuck, that's the first I heard about it. How would attacking and dodging work

I have seen two different versions of the game for arcades (I believe, been a while).

One is POP-N music style with buttons like in that pic. The other looked like a DDR pad. Musta had a button somewhere for the dodge.

God I'd kill to play this thing. I wonder if that's how it was meant to be played, or was it primarily made to be a console game.

>Atlus
holy fuck what the hell is the deal with the licensing you have Enix owning the IP, you have Avex owning the music, you have Frame Graphics owning the character designs, you have Atlus owning the arcade version, is this why the franchise has literally never come back?

Partnerships in Japan are pretty common. Avex licenses tons of music out to everyone in Japan. Atlust might have just been the company that provided the tech/hardware for the arcade game.

>a bust a groove thread on Yea Forums
>with posts
Color me surprised.

>Robo Z, Heat
>Chemical Love
>The Heat is On

Don't die yet!