Why isnt switch like this yet ?

why wont nintendo add shit like THEMES that existed on the 3ds to the fucking switch ? or even achivements

Attached: Switch improved.jpg (680x383, 45K)

Because they're too focused on what really matters - making good video games.

if they were really doing that then botw would actually be good and they would have released pikmin 4 by this point

It's hardly much of a change aside from the cheevos and manual. We could just have those two things without the wannabe PS4 arrangement.

Why won't nintendo make nintendo land 2 instead of 1 2 switch

>Achievements

They should add voice and text chat first instead of that crap

Attached: 1552662359379.jpg (900x1600, 257K)

>this still isn't a thing

Attached: 3ds switch.jpg (680x383, 55K)

>voice chat and text chat
for what games ? i can only think of splatoon and smash

Attached: gameboy games switch.jpg (1920x1080, 781K)

>wanting to play 3DS games on a handheld that's less portable and less comfortable and doesn't have dual screens or a stylus or a d-pad
Why?

because then i could sell my 3ds and play those games on tv

because Nintendo is focused on playing cat and rat with hackers and pirates, with every update since 1.0.0 they're just trying to fix a hardware flaw with software, and obviously this haven't given any result

Attached: 1545852198801.jpg (639x652, 35K)

>Because they're too focused on what really matters - making ports, rehashes and cardboard.
fify

Because WiiU sold like shit.

I fucking loved Nintendo Land, such a shame it died like that.

It's cat and mouse you fucking american

Because games nigger
Who cares about the UI when you got games to play?

Fuck you we know how to say it right that guy's just retarded

The first party offerings are lukewarm at best right now, I would rather good games be made since porting Wii u backlogs can't last forever

That’s a Brit retard.
No one in America says Cat and rat

The fact that they haven't added themes yet is annoying but the thing that gets me is there is STILL no Wario user icon.

Hell, there isn't even any Smash Ultimate user icons. They're .pngs for fucks sakes.

Sounds pretty awful for any game that uses a stylus and dual screens.

And where are they?

what's that game in the middle? looks like Anita on it

Cheevos fucking suck dick my unicellular zoomer friend, playing Disgaea 5 without giving a shit about achievements and actually just do whatever the hell i felt like was exelerating.
Plus most games adds achievements to add unnecesary grind just so you can fell that you got your money worth in hours

Attached: Fuck this one in particular.jpg (453x679, 54K)

I've been wanting Xenoblade 2 icons since it's release. Guess it's not happening now.

>making good video games
>recent releases include: cardboard, cardboard 2, cardboard cellphone VR

go dilate

>No Xenoblade 2
>No Smash

>but hey here's all the ARMS characters and a cardboard Shy Guy

Attached: refund_my_dreams.png (376x410, 149K)

>achievements
Faggot.

hope you guys like toadette
because I sure fucking don't

Yeah fucking right. Switch doesn't have a second screen or microphone. And you can't use the gyro as intended or the gay finger touch screen without handheld mode. The last system this would be possible on was the Wii U. The 3DS died without a successor.

NINTENDO HIRE THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What games? What the fuck have they been doing recently aside from wasting their resources on Labo shit?

They have, actually. The current iteration is"upgrade and lose your shit"

All I want is a Rosalina icon but I guess that's not happening

Attached: SMP_Icon_Rosalina.png (256x256, 84K)

I wish they sold icons for like 25-50 cents for different games. I’d kill for icons of Smash characters or a Pyra icon.

I just want to use the best
welcome to the club

Attached: wario.png (256x256, 105K)

Everything I'm reading on switch hack groups and gbatempt says it doesn't do anything.

>still no w101 or pikmin 3 port

Y tho

Agreed. I would personally appreciate some game cover icons on the menu. Something like pic related.

Attached: switchgamecover022.jpg (780x602, 69K)

Who the fuck gives a shit
Just give me games
Go be an autist about shit that actually fucking matters

I feel so blessed that I finally got an icon of my girl Pearl.

The title is literally on the image

imagine thinking uhachevements are worth your time

>botw would actually be good
Like you have to actually be deluded to not believe that BOTW is a good game. It's not perfect, it might not even be GOTY but you actually have to have parasites sucking your peanut brain dry if you think that it isn't bare-minimum at least a good game. The fuck is wrong with you.

Attached: poyo.jpg (1000x1140, 59K)

>buying pngs
no thanks, they shouldd do it for free

good game, not a good zelda game

Would rather they be free, but I could see them doing something like the Nintendo Badge Arcade.
But for now I guess I'm content that they have the best Link as an icon

Attached: Link_Artwork_3_(Twilight_Princess).png (2266x2547, 3.96M)

Any online games. I always feel bad when a random adds me in Splatoon because I know we'll never be able to coordinate playing with each other because there is absolutely no way to contact that person. You can't even invite people, you just have to hope they see your lobby open and aren't taking the spot of someone else.

Achievements are cancerous.

Why?

stop foolishing yourself retard

They're an excuse for bad game design. Why put thought and effort into designing a game that rewards you and makes you want to beat it and replay it, when you can just shit out a game and add on arbitrary achievements after the fact to keep people's attention.

You tell me.

Attached: file.jpg (474x240, 21K)

good games can have that tho, its just more content

Programmerbros, how hard is it to make a UI with themes?

NSMB series isn't exactly the pinnacle of Nintendo game design, but even so, they're designed well enough to keep you having fun the entire way to 100% completion.

NSMB isn't the only Nintendo game to include a ton of pointless collectables.

Attached: file.png (1600x900, 554K)

Good games don't need it, because replayability is inherent in the game design itself. Achievements are written by marketing departments and psychologists to optimize the skinner box they're trying to sell you.

You know the reward you get for collecting all of them is a turd right? It's there to make fun of achievements and the kinds of autistic people who care about them.

You know it stops being a joke when you do the exact thing you're trying to make fun of, right?

Eh, 3/10 for the mentally retard or inexperienced
It’s more a visual change with a jpeg
0.5/10 if you have a programming background
3/10 if you don’t

They're trolling people who are dumb enough to spend 100+ hours of their lives collecting every single korok seed. It's obvious they're not meant to be collected when after you get half of them they stop even increasing your item slots. If you are one of those people, you deserve to be laughed at.

So it's okay to have pointless collectables for the first 50% of them? How about all of the samey combat shrines? Or all of the pointless moons in Odyssey?

You mean good Zeldas and Marios for 8 year olds. They dont know how to make other characters anymore, or tell a story that isnt about saving a princess. Are you toddlers ever going to grow up?

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate has text chat and you can add friends a lot easier too in that game.

Well congrats, you sent it to a fucked board that almost never gets any gets

Treasure hunting the moons in odyssey was the main objective of the game, it never got old because they were always hidden in clever and novel ways, and it was fun all the way to 100% completion. The korok seeds in botw never felt like anything I was compelled or encouraged to go out of my way to find or collect, they were just nice easter eggs you sometimes found along the way to your objective. It's inherent in the game design and it's pretty clear if you've played those games.

this isn’t mutually exclusive, dumbass

Rent free

Why couldn't they add multi color themes at least? I really want a dark blue or pink one

Attached: IMG_20190305_061321.jpg (2208x1242, 107K)

>Making games

were are they??

Attached: 1528615411861.png (600x400, 350K)

Gonna be honest: Achievements are pretty dumb and unnecessary. I use them as progress trackers and that's about it. Themes would be great though.

>he doesn't have custom themes on his switch

Attached: switch theme flow layout.jpg (5120x3080, 2.8M)

Got my animal crossing icons, I'm good to go

>3ds had official themes
>Switch doesn't
nintendo got lazy

3DS got them years after it launched though

Hate this shit. Online experience with no messaging system is awful.

shit gotta save this board

sending it to the manchildren of /toy/

Just use Citra. If you have a PS4 controller, you can even use the touchpad to tap the bottom screen and play from your couch. Shit's comfy, yo.

No soul allowed

I think they expect you to use social media or Discord to do it, which is even more fucking dumb. I really hope they add a means of private messaging at some point

>caring about achievements
When did Yea Forums get so underage?

3DS games would be perfectly doable with a flip grip and capacitive stylus. The vertical resolution of the screen is greater than the horizontal resolution of the 3DS, so it's perfectly doable if you put it on its side.

•120 shrines, only 18 of them are unique
•4 divine beasts, all horribly short
•Only 6 enemy types in the entire game - oneshots like keese and chuchu, Moblins, Bokoblins, Lizalfos, Lynels, Guardians.
•Only three minibosses in the entire game - hinox, moldugas, and...lynels lmfao
•Basically no music in the game, though BotW's Hyrule Castle is definitely god tier
•Same geometry everywhere in the vast, empty Hyrule

It's crazy that they refuse to make any form of social networking features.

Yea Forums doesn't have dubs or trips unless you hit a 100000 get

Because iwata passed away before the launch,if he was still alive these lazy fuckers wouldn't be just adding "stability"

return to your third world continent you tranny

They better start adding some things if they expect to maintain subscriber numbers at all.

I think they're only hesitant due to Miiverse, without realizing that the instant messaging wasn't the issue with it

I like that Switch is a games focused machine but I would like folders to arrange the icons. That's really all I ask. 3DS had them, WiiU had them, no idea why Switch doesn't.

These are crap

>not all enemies
>not all minibosses
It's like these critiques are put together by people that didn't play the game?

Why does Nintendo hate her?

Attached: 689E993A-7517-4F26-A520-CB89222DD3BA.png (359x488, 187K)