Is it worth sticking with this game?

Is it worth sticking with this game?
I liked the first one well enough, but the story seems like a watered down replay of DS1..
Only on day 2, but ..
Nicaea seems like a stupid replacement for Laplace mail/clocks
"Demon tamer" thing is cringy as fuck
Random jap defense group literally gives you food/a place to stay the first night

Does it get better?
I prefer mainline, so this shit is hard to swallow.

Attached: ds2.jpg (1474x1334, 342K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mhc5QkTguyI
youtu.be/X7207q7MGvY?t=48
youtube.com/watch?v=cPHLW8WXLKE&list=PLjdSC-ENw035Zu_2T6Op32zJUF-qdL6HI&index=15
youtube.com/watch?v=-qfjwh8OuBk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Like I said, I liked DS1 well enough. The story seemed to ramp up the struggle and mystery day by day until shit went crazy.
Don't know how to feel about DS2.

yeah it's pretty good
I liked it a lot more than 1

Nicaea's only dumb if you picked the shittier Tico over the superior Tico. Death videos are interesting in the fact that party members can actually die if you're not careful and it's not as limited as it was in 1.
The Tamer thing is a non-issue honestly. I dunno why that's a problem when you fought other tamers in 1 as well.
I'll give you the Jips though. Being sheltered by an organization deters from the feeling of survival, which makes the atmosphere feel a lot lighter despite the situation being "darker". That, and your main enemies being ayy lmaos instead of angels vs demons.
That being said, the characters, while pretty tropey at times, are a lot better in 2 than 1 in general, and the not-social links are actually pretty neat and actually play a role in gameplay and later down the line in the plot. The gameplay in general is also a lot better in 2 compared to 1.
I say things do start picking up as the game goes on.

Better gameplay than 1 2bh laddie.

What did you like about it more?
I'm only playing it for the story and I'm having trouble when comparing it to 1.

hey kid, wanna establish communism with me?

Attached: Ronaldo.png (935x1900, 602K)

"dude what if we just fight fucking Space"

no way fag

It's way more fun than the first one

I picked the female Tico and hate her.. Should I restart?
Were they called tamers in 1 too? If so, that's still dumb.
So you are sheltered in japs for the game? That's a problem for me. I enjoyed the feeling of 1 because it felt like a real struggle, what with sleeping in parks and cemeteries, stealing bread just to eat. Having a bed to sleep in every night goes against everything the first game was.

Female Tico is annoying but the ticos have very little story presence, you don't need to hear their end of day reports, male Tico is defo better, but not worth restarting over.
to answer your question, yes, in DeSu 1, the Shomonkai were handing out COMPs with the demon summoning program on it to civilians, which in turn let them summon demons and cause problems to escalate, civilians summoning demons were dubbed demon tamers, its not that dumb. Its mostly the same thing in DeSu 2, only its the Nicea app that spreads the demon summoning program.
I agree with being sheltered by jips, I preferred the more desperate struggle to survive anywhere you could in DeSu 1, but it doesn't break the game for me

Attached: Minegishi.Kazuya.full.179363.jpg (1300x666, 298K)

Well the thing is Yamato will be general asshat number 1 at times which doesn't paint JPs in a good light to those who know about them from the outside so you'll get thrown into shit regardless because you're with JPs, and then Ronaldo, general asshat number 2, start causing problems for you and JPs cause he's one of said people that doesn't like them which creates more conflict you're forced into.
The inclusion of a super sekrit club and ice cream aliens that want to destroy humans shifts the focus of survival from a "local" setting to a universal one. It's different, and I definitely agree that it feels weaker because of it, but it doesn't "break" the theme of the game. You're just now tasked with the survival of a species and planet instead of the individual.

>I picked the female Tico
You fool
Absolute buffoon

DeSu 2 has some pacing issues but overall it’s damn good
I still prefer The best Bug

Attached: E71B4A9D-4A1A-43CB-921B-C78A0C5D58A9.jpg (184x244, 15K)

DeSu2's story is garbage and nowhere near as interesting as the first. The only thing it had going for it was a better balance for strength builds (which Overclocked fixed) and more waifu pandering.

That said I still found the combat entertaining enough to finish, but I wasn't exactly excited with my options of dumbfuck endgame routes. The 3DS expansion bit is even worse.

Wait am I the only one that didn’t hate Tico? (Female)

He's right though. They'll literally new game plus for real and become too powerful for space faggots

The characters in particular, they're far better than 1's imo, except Ronaldo, fuck he's the worst character I've ever had the displeasure of seeing in a MegaTen game and makes Midori and Keisuke look like masterpieces.
The music is amazing, especially the night theme and the Triangulum/Providence themes, absolutely fucking superb.
The setting is up to taste, but I feel like it got more fleshing out despite being less personal than 1's quarantine, and the true finale for both arcs felt more conclusive because it didn't just LEAD to a future conflict with YHVH.
Generally the eva-lookalike enemies appealed to me a lot too, being a new thing for demons to battle rather than just fellow demons, and having strange, alien designs.

>ywn date black cape MC

For some reason I thought the male version was like a Record Breaker addition thing?
I thought the female was the only option in the DS version, so I wanted to play closest to the original..

Nah pretty sure he was in the DS version too. I made the same mistake and picked the qt retard though.

Both of them are in both versions
Record Breaker does not change the main story at all. It only adds the Triangulum arc, as well as some gameplay changes

nah I picked her too

No, it was more like "dude what if we fought every fucking star in the sky?"

nope, both Tico's were in the original
Record Breaker does add the option to fight them in new game+ on the Triangulum story arc and its a pretty fun fight.
Ronaldo's writing is all over the fucking place, they make him somewhat reasonable and sypathetic, with his main thing being that he is gradually becoming more and more unhinged as the story goes on, but he measures up very poorly to Yamato, when he really shouldn't, not to mention he tries to shoot Makoto in the fucking face and while you have to be fucking stupid to have that happen, still paints Ronaldo as an absolute fucking bastard.
Its a shame, I actually quite like him in the Triangulum arc where he mellows the fuck out, yeah his suggestion to fight the stars was dumb, but they were spitballing for ideas and he doesn't mind one bit if you say no

Attached: Egalitarian_Ending.png (586x772, 1.08M)

Is the 3ds version of DeSu the best version to play?

Yes for both

Playing through it actually made me want to play through Overclocked again. (Well, I only beat the DS version once.. and didn't beat Overclocked at all)
Tried playing it again and it was really fucking painful to look at?
I don't know if it's because I've been sick for days or what, but that fucking red colorscheme everywhere really, honestly hurts my eyes to look at.

You're not really selling me on it, sadly. Gameplay improvements are nice, but it didn't stop IVA from being absolute shit when compared to IV.

Yeah, he does become the team dad in Triangulum, dude's basically a different person without his pathetic, unfounded revenge quest entirely except for his shit-ass ending.

I feel ya, man.

Attached: EBDC30BB-EC2C-42AC-A9C6-81A78561853D.jpg (700x700, 177K)

Story is infinitely better than 1's and I found it far more interesting as well as much better paced.
Generally a better game in most aspects but to be honest I might be a tad biased because I fucking hate the shit out of Overclocked, god damn.

I was almost the absolute opposite. The titty scientist, titty idol and titty bestie were unbearable. There's no detailed stories like the breakdown of society under a quarantine/invasion like the first game. Fighting giant postmodern furniture that only talked in Qbert held zero interest for me, though I did enjoy the few mythology-based missions.

I mean I understand them wanting to branch out from law/neutral/chaos shit and do something new, but DeSu1 was nearly a 10/10 for me and 2's setting did nothing for me at all.

Why are people disappointing that they aren't doing the same shit as DS1?
It would be boring if it was predictable.
It's good that they're doing new stuff.

Am I the only one who enjoyed both for their own merits? They’re both pretty good games, albeit with different tones, but that’s not inherently a bad thing imo.

Attached: 4B06FCEC-69D5-4C41-A566-78139FCD467D.jpg (900x900, 334K)

some people don't like change or they want grimdark shit

Attached: 1335573947337.jpg (600x600, 79K)

I liked the first one more but second was cool too, bunny autism was based. I wish they'd make a third one.

>Does it get better?
It's basically the first 18 or so episodes of Evangelion, with it being a bit closer to a shounen with mechas.

It does get better by the end.

Post anti-gravity tits please

Attached: 28DAFB32-91EE-4D5F-83BF-FB24D9E40EA0.jpg (500x563, 214K)

I'm not disappointed they aren't doing the same shit as DS1.
I'm disappointed they /tried/ doing the same shit as DS1 and made it less interesting.
You can go a different direction than DS1 and still made an interesting game without making it a pale shadow.
Some story elements that appear in both games could've been changed more or removed entirely from DS2 and it would've been more enjoyable.
But right now it seems like diet coke that turns into diet pepsi the more you drink it.

>He mellows the fuck out
Yamato too, a lot. I loved how the catalyst for Yamato mellowing out was Daichi, in another world where (you) don't exist, calls him an asshole with his dying words.
Gotta love how Yamato and Ronaldo were at each other's throats in the first arc but in the triangulum arc they end up being bros.
I absolutely hated Miyako and I still can't get over how hard they were pushing the idea of me considering her a friend or liking her as much as they did.

You aren't the only one, a lot of people didn't like 2's story over the first game. It wasn't bad though but just more bland and uninteresting. The gameplay was a nice improvement though and some of the characters are nice too but they just don't hold a candle to DeSu 1's characters. Even if you didn't like them, just seeing the characters actually struggling trying to survive was way more interesting than "here's a nice room and bed with 3 meals a day".

I like both, overall I prefer the tone and story of the first game, but the second one was great too.
I am looking forward to SMT V, but I really want a new Devil Survivor game too.
one thing I did dislike about was how it had a definitive true ending for both arcs, where those endings are the only ones with positives, no downsides and everyone lives, as opposed to Desu 1, where each ending (sans the obvious bad end the game keeps warning you about) felt definitive and satisfying no matter what route you took, especially in Overclocked.

Attached: Minegishi.Kazuya.full.372559.jpg (550x662, 36K)

Fumi and Io are ok though. Io in particular actually has a proper character arc, which not many characters in the first game can boast, as most are very poorly done.
The Bels just felt very samey to me, and honestly I vastly preferred the Beelzebub fight in 2 compared to 1's. DeSu1 just had a flat out bad story that really didn't pull me in because of how poorly it treated the characters, it was mostly just the gameplay. The personalized character stories that adjusted to the plot worked much better, despite not giving as personal of a conflict setting.

As said, it starts off pretty poorly and doesnt pick up towards the end. FATEs was a good mechanic and largely the biggest thing i took from it, as i just didnt care as much for the story/characters as i did 1

DeSu3 never ever

Same.

Attached: 8DE9E172-D73F-434E-B29B-75D784A7787A.jpg (1280x960, 410K)

Just go with Anguished One, bro.

Attached: 1511619927525.png (400x520, 77K)

I like her too, she has nice tits

Also, to answer OP's question, I like the second game a lot more than the first: the aliens are cool, and the characters are a lot more likable (Atsubro is still one of the best though). Oh, and it has one of the best tracks in the series, and that is Battle of the brave (composed by the same guy who did the music for the SaGa series)

Miyako was alright, I did like how you could keep insisting she was just Yamato in drag, she's just another one of those Atlus remake girls that get a lot of attention but just aren't all that interesting.

Attached: tumblr_mvkvs5XjT81sgfi7lo1_500.jpg (500x612, 241K)

Bunny is too based.

Attached: 9FFD1235-7A31-4ECF-8B9E-5F4F5919F3E6.jpg (633x717, 221K)

Io is legitimately well written despite the titties. Try actually reading past her first few dialogue boxes instead of judging her based on the "shy pretty girl" parts at the start, seriously mate. The whole reason people like 2's characters is that most of them actually change, have proper personal plot arcs, and are factored into the story in a more significant way.

Record Breaker is one of my favorite games of all time.
The first one was just alright, I loved the setting but the characters aside from Atsuro were just not my thing.

Attached: EB5572A2-28EF-4C0F-A61D-EC3BA8486F66.jpg (600x600, 274K)

>"Demon tamer" thing is cringy as fuck
It was a re-translation thing.

Any possible disdain I have for Miyako got overshadowed by the fact that the Triangulum arc tried really hard to glorify Yamato.
Like, whenever he's not on screen, every character will ask "Where's Yamato?".
Compared to that, Miyako is alright.

>Miyako was alright
No
She was not

The second they revealed she had best boy Alcor in a test tube she was on my shit list. And she never got out of it.

yes he is, his dialogue choices had a lot of personality to it
the constant Yamato posturing was pretty annoying, it extends to the anime and supplementary material too

Attached: tumblr_ns7f7c1EdF1si48w3o1_500.jpg (500x698, 102K)

>not being the reason she's best
Imagine not wanting your own captive pet alcor

To be fair, Yamato was one of the central figures in the story of the first game, literally the leader of the organization so it' easy to see that some shit is wrong because he's absent.

No. You're on my shit list too now. Alcor deserves to be free, riding the waves of hawaii

What was it supposed to be, Devil Summoner?

Yamato's good so I didn't mind. I'm pretty sure they took the fact that he's one of the most popular characters from the original release while the opposite path (Ronaldo) is one of the least to heart. Seriously, Ronaldo doesn't even have 1/10th the fanart Yamato does.

I still prefer bug over bunny but I will say Bunny has grown on me

Mein nigger

The characters are better but the story itself is really shitty compared to 1. Cosmic demon of the day garbage

>implying that matters
>not wanting to keep him
Wave rider boy comes later and isn't a Septentrione, he's the new-world version of his consciousness. Honestly though all jokes aside, I did like Miyako simply because she led to some of the most amusing scenes in the game and her boss battle was pretty good. The jail scene is hilarious.

Pretty much.
They scrapped the whole script from the ds and started from scratch for some reason.
Now the nintendo ds and 3ds version have different dialogue.

I’m just interested who’s gonna be the star of DeSu 3?
Some yellow wearing faggot like P4?
I bet we’ll call him Canary

The story was fine though, "demon of the day" things work when they're in a series that takes mythological lore into account. 1's was super poorly paced and the actual story wasn't very good, the setting was the good part. It didn't even have a good climactic finish.

Attached: FA5E6608-A965-433C-90DD-F46296269D7E.jpg (636x900, 98K)

Jungo is best boy!
prove me wrong!

Attached: Jungo.png (1168x1900, 1002K)

Why is she so popular

I can't
I did everything I could to help him save the kitty, I guess I have a soft spot for that kind of shit

I can’t.

Attached: 490A7ED4-7445-4660-9F4B-7778041C0BA4.jpg (769x557, 147K)

Reminder that Keisuke did nothing wrong.

She’s a non-shit tsundere.

Attached: EB950B28-C91B-4EA4-B4DD-BB6E4252EB52.jpg (320x240, 42K)

I see everyone saying that he is a godlike party member, but I still preferred Daichi with Multi-strike.

> ..
Stop that. In any case, the gameplay is better than 1 but the plot is worse. Characters are walking tropes but debatably better than 1's characters. Autism bunny is the best SMT protag at least.

If you're just optimizing for gameplay, Hinako is typically the character most opt to stick the Multistrike skill on.
Jungo is ungo bungo big damage, the character in stats.

He actually really didn’t. The only ones he ever truly killed were actual murderers and rapists.

Attached: BDC10413-3A24-4487-A33A-A17BDB3CE251.jpg (520x658, 167K)

>not using Makoto as your physical fighter
>not using an all-female party
What a faggot

>tfw I once had Jungo take down the final boss in just a few hits
Dude was a beast.

Stick Assassinate on him and he can one shot most enemy groups by just killing the leader in one blow, his strength growth makes him hit stupidly hard early on, Fumi is similar but with magic
it evens out later on, but he remains a very heavy hitter from the moment you get him all the way to the end.

Attached: tumblr_moeui3Wcwh1r9kdu0o1_500.png (500x496, 390K)

I guess I just liked Daichi more since he had higher agility and I really liked him as a character.

You guys did listen to best cousin, right?

Attached: 58531B98-A548-4662-9171-359C243F9E33.jpg (1000x1250, 217K)

nothing wrong with that, Daichi is a bro, I actually really liked Ben Diskin's performance too

Ignoring all the general arguing over which is better etc. from what I can see are your posts, I'll try and formulate a good answer.
>worth sticking with
Yes. Generally a rather good game overall.
>story is replay of 1
It isn't. While DeSu as a series is themed around personal reaction to crisis, that's basically it. The story has a more wide-reaching conflict with a considerably bleaker failure outcome, and is more related to facing the agents then the creator/ruler themselves, rather than the peons gunning for power. The setting is less restricted, and is restructured to allow for both viewing of the crisis in the city and for less constrictive personal development of each character, although this does tend to take more focus to the development of the characters and away from the development of the setting, which was one of the better done elements in 1's plot, creating a very hostile and dangerous environment for daily life and factoring in less livable areas and more rampant conflict. In comparison, the setting attempts to draw power from the constant, unavoidable shrinking of the universe. You are the last ones left. There is nothing else. All is already lost, save for your tiny beacons in the darkness. Of course because you are with an organization, this does remove much of the militarized, desperate conflict, since they no longer exist (but keeps civilian conflict). Overall, not bad.
>day 2
At least play a while longer. The strongest elements of the story don't develop then, and in 1 the story didn't pick up on day 2 either. Give it a chance to at least try.
>Nicaea
Nicaea essentially is the death clocks thing but more visualized. It actually does a decent job of making you try and ensure that characters don't die, especially when you don't know exactly where they are and fucking up could get the executed. It's fine.
>tamer
Localization.
>JPS
Yeah, addressed on the above points. Also, it's intended to set up a later conflict.

Naoya's ending was so fucking based, even in the original

Attached: Naoya Ending.jpg (960x1280, 284K)

Yeah that's fine, he's good and I liked him more too. Just seemed like you were talking more about optimization.

I'm a hero.

Attached: image.png (180x180, 55K)

>”hey cuz, wanna style on God’s face?”
>if you choose not to kill anybody, everyone will join you in rising up against the angels and even tell them to piss off
>route is so based that even the resident Lawfag joins you
Best Chaos route, bar none.

Attached: 1A9638F5-2952-44B3-A47B-73F83B95A0B5.jpg (500x592, 60K)

too bad you never actually get to fight goldface himself
closest is big boy betatron

Why is he so great?

Attached: 350EC3D1-AD72-45BF-AB26-29321B9E872B.jpg (800x683, 110K)

>route is so based that even the resident Lawfag joins you
n-no, fuck you son of man, give her back!

Attached: 1518894106627.png (633x758, 137K)

Kind of a shame but I’m always up for a chance to humiliate Betatron.

Attached: A03A849E-3311-4EE3-B861-810479BDFD9C.jpg (300x393, 36K)

Wanting to steal the topic for a bit, is the new scenario worth a double dip for devil survivor 2? Originally played it completing all the endings but I'm not sure if it's worth shilling the extra money if I can watch the extra content on YouTube.

Yes

Attached: 0061FA50-2BA9-4D2C-87E4-98BAF9A94835.jpg (896x2012, 599K)

>What did you like about it more?
I like that the plot is more coherent. For whatever DeSu1 was doing with it's story it really only got going in the last couple of days and then it was in the form of a boss rush. 2 spreads it's mystery out better and the early days all feel like they have more going on as you search for ways to deal with that days boss.

Attached: desu 2 bros.png (900x835, 358K)

Attached: 8EE196D5-7F69-4C39-8C76-475E677C8389.jpg (393x461, 101K)

>Deny the kingdom of heaven
you sons of man are talking mad shit for someone in smiting range

Attached: c12.jpg (600x400, 69K)

>Does it get better?

No. Gameplay is better but story is objectively worse.

Attached: not sexy enough.png (1280x1280, 1.8M)

Eat shit *record scratch*

Attached: EA80A029-43E7-47F7-A5FE-5BE31FF15C04.png (960x540, 386K)

I suppose I could create a character like her in Koikatsu.

Polaris is a whore
Canopis is a fag

Don't lewd Ai. Lewd Fumi or Hinako.

Attached: big bro.jpg (320x240, 32K)

hey look, Airi
I leveled up strength again

Attached: Jungo1.png (200x278, 44K)

>not lewding Airi or her cute belly button

Attached: EBFD015F-5F7A-44DC-9342-EC6625213CB3.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

>TFW you dance

Attached: fumi smug anime.jpg (1024x576, 37K)

I like how Jungo looks intimidating as fuck but he’s actually just a huge teddy bear. A teddy bear who can beat the shit out of demons with his bare hands but a teddy bear nonetheless.

He's just a nice guy who instantly makes pals with everyone.

Attached: jungo carries.jpg (533x744, 338K)

MAG was broken as fuck in these games, I swear.

Attached: 9940CA0A-215B-466F-96A7-1C14AB3C45AD.gif (464x499, 163K)

Attached: 1518898939865.png (256x224, 4K)

Literally the only thing the anime delivered on

Attached: Airi belly.gif (500x281, 925K)

world of MAG

Attached: 1337384746620.png (570x373, 67K)

Mfw the anime just decided to do a kill em all ending. I'm still not sure who would even greenlight it and if they're a genius or a retard.

Say that to my face not online, fucker, and see what happens.

Attached: A3F69C96-5709-4C6C-8C73-672758D604C9.jpg (719x960, 43K)

eat shit, mustard head

Attached: 837.jpg (295x342, 16K)

>Magic Yin
>Extra Charge
>Extra Zero
>Dual Shadow
>Holy Dance
face fucked metatron in one round, shit is fucking busted

Attached: Shin.Megami.Tensei-.Devil.Survivor.full.529164.jpg (618x1000, 646K)

Well, in fairness, I get that the anime had to CHOOSE an ending. So the reset one isn't really the worst in that regard. However they still fucked up everything else. 13 episodes wasn't near enough time to develop the story and characters so at least a third of the cast just got killed off immediately as soon as they appeared. And I wouldn't mind the bad end route but they still fucked up royally and cut out like a third of the story. They completely ignored the party division and that was one of the best parts. And that's on top of just getting a lot of the characters wrong.

Attached: 3-keita_fixed.gif (147x108, 30K)

>Makoto is straight up in love with Yamato in the anime
What the fuck were they thinking?

Completely undermines her character. Her whole thing was being torn between the logic of needing to know when you can't save everyone and her conscience telling her she has to try anyways.

Attached: sako 1.jpg (525x644, 275K)

>anime didn't show the scene of Bunny eating Makoto's ass
it's shit

The anime not going full mad bunny was a waste.

Attached: bunny enjoys himself.jpg (450x600, 64K)

Devil Survivor was really a nice blend between the SMT series and Persona. I really hope Devil Survivor 3 comes. It didn't do that bad, did it?

not to mention her fierce loyalty to Yamato and JPs, despite not truly believing in Yamato's cause, because of everything JPs have done for her
best girl

Attached: tumblr_mv12dhs5Vd1qmldhio1_500.jpg (500x500, 62K)

Is MAG worst than STR? Playing the first one right now and putting points straight into STR

Attached: 1552116540791.png (1483x1201, 72K)

better* I mean

I understand it did reasonably well. I mean they wouldn't keep releasing new versions if there wasn't an audience. Im a bit surprised it's not MORE popular. It has all that waifu and fun stuff people like as well as being a bit more intense for the proper SMT fags. And it's on the nintendo.

Attached: airi-ban-gif-6.gif (500x542, 850K)

The best part was before the anime aired everyone was afraid they'd do the opposite and just focus on the lighter parts of the game and fanservice.

Atsuro never leaves your party is pretty much your premier STR guy, magic is far more versatile
Both are viable, but I myself prefer a magic focuses MC

It’s the opposite, really. Magic is really fucking busted in Desu 1. You can kill most enemies just by using Drain on them and don’t even get me started on the Dances. Atsuro fills the niche for a STR focused character quite nicely so you can just kick back and nuke the shit out of your enemies.

Attached: 47CB122C-551E-4201-82BD-D7B7E62B1FBC.jpg (525x721, 85K)

>Flubs some rules to give you guys medical attention
>Doesn't really want you to fight but knows you have to and makes sure you're well taken care of
>Provides big sisterly advice and genuine concern for your well being and scolds you when you act rashly
I seriously have to wonder how anyone could ever side with Ronaldo.

Attached: airi makoto.png (755x755, 215K)

I get that they were desperate for a solution to stop the invasions, but why would you ever want to suggest something like this?

Energy Drain seems really good in SMT IV Apocalypse right now. I'm cleaning up all the quests and the HP/MP combined one just eats bosses.

Attached: beach.jpg (1137x1200, 1.37M)

Funnily enough, that game is coming in the mail for me tomorrow? How is it?

Devil Survivor finally got a living thread, nice.
Keisuke was the only character that died on my first Overclocked playthrough and I kinda regret not saving him just because his death was grisly.
>Goes down talking shit to that gang guy and gets burnt to a crisp by Pazuzu.
>Tfw teams up with his murderer in the chaos route and it just didn't sit right with me.

Attached: 1544153019969m.jpg (1024x570, 43K)

Should I go for NG++ in Overclocked? I still haven't beaten Lucifer.

It's really fun
also Hallelujah best boy

Attached: tumblr_o6hxl7nI731r5z74wo1_500.png (471x643, 219K)

is good I like it

>Devil Survivor finally got a living thread, nice.
We're been having a few lately.

Attached: Io 4.jpg (720x960, 136K)

Attached: 1492832829239.jpg (400x478, 76K)

Damn, now you guys are making me want to get back to Overclocked or start Record Breaker. I only got the Law ending in Overclocked so far.

shit i thought this was the tab for that other smt thread that's up

Attached: 1529641702762.jpg (699x828, 242K)

It’s cool, dude.

It sure is a mystery
youtube.com/watch?v=mhc5QkTguyI

Quick, come up with good plot ideas for Devil Survivor 3? So far we've had
>Cane & Abel, Christianity
>Aliens, Evangelion

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1080, 175K)

How man Airis can you lift?

Attached: airi jungo shoulders.jpg (1000x1350, 572K)

Magical Girls and Wish Fulfillment, enemies are witches who abused or been corrupted by their wishes.

>the game and the anime ship best boy and best girl together
good shit

Attached: tumblr_nty8lmG7lk1sp6t4ko1_1280.png (800x636, 435K)

I'd like to figure out a way to scale the story back some after 2.

Attached: fumi posting.png (971x688, 464K)

I wanna pin Io down to the down and stare into her eyes

Attached: 8dbc94502f5379674909f0b8c92443eb.jpg (1920x1440, 302K)

Man, fuck Ronaldo.

Attached: 0F847BD0-D43D-48EE-A1CF-8C257163D6BB.png (320x240, 104K)

>down to the down

Attached: io hospital gown.jpg (547x1081, 215K)

>Just straight murder while raving like a lunatic
This is why nobody likes you, Ronnie.

Attached: fumi 8.png (567x440, 48K)

ground.

up to late

Attached: 5ba80377485a35f430bb2aee1bd09589.jpg (600x600, 135K)

The one I made didn't live
Smt:If spiritual remake.
>At Karukozaka High School, bullied and brilliant student Ideo Hazama attempts to summon a demon from the Expanse to exact revenge on his tormentors. The summoning goes wrong and the whole school is drawn into the Expanse, where Hazama declares himself the Demon Emperor. The protagonist is among those trapped in the school, along with fellow students Reiko Akanezawa, Yumi Shirakawa, Shinji "Charlie" Kuroi and Akira Miyamoto. Should the protagonist side with Yumi or Shinji, they navigate the demon-infested school and towers, finally confronting and killing Hazama.
Prime premise for a Devil Survivor game

Attached: shin-megami-tensei-if-902x507.jpg (902x507, 108K)

don't bully Ronnie, he is doing his best!

Attached: tumblr_inline_nq82556nu41qbxnzz_540.png (100x100, 23K)

>Nicest sweetest shyest girl ever
>Dies the most horrific death in the game
Won't see that shit in Persona.

Attached: Io 1.jpg (1280x1816, 316K)

Io is so fuckable

She's also a cute dork
youtu.be/X7207q7MGvY?t=48

>Time Travel and Japanese Folklore
>Horror School and Rituals

It's pretty heartbreaking

Attached: c0807abbbf812418a59259c4f4258976.jpg (750x1000, 103K)

>That one bit where Airi is going on about how cool Makoto is
>Only to witness Otome and or Fumi bullying her for the dork she is

Attached: 1506720056129.jpg (1183x1680, 180K)

>Otome is good at sumo wrestling
Huh. Never would have thought.

Attached: 439D1DD6-B3AF-4D08-A333-A78DA30C61A0.jpg (937x1750, 168K)

I like how she actually responds quite positively to you hitting on her, or when she thinks you are hitting on her.

Attached: tumblr_mm4dgmQXsU1rsvfm3o1_500.jpg (500x500, 112K)

I like how she thought it was cute when you peeped on all the girls.

I unironically want a Devil Survivor where
>Instead of YHVH trying to nuke Tokyo, Lucifer declares a city wide death match out of boredom
>He warps every human he deems worthy to the Expanse, and gives them one of the 72 Goetia as a guide to survive the new environment and access to the DSP
>Your objective is to survive for 7 days as usual, killing other Goetia summoners to prove your worth, and strength to Lucifer
>Whoever wins gains Lucifer's blessing and becomes co ruler of the Expanse
It's late so I can't go into detail since I'm tired, but it sounded better in my head.

literally DS:SMT Battle Royale bro

Io is crying. She's scared, misses her parents and hurts inside. She also found out she had to be the one who may have to die for Lugh. She does not deserve this.

Attached: Io tears.png (1051x686, 631K)

>Persona: accidentally catch the girls in the bath and get pummeled even though it's not your fault.
>DeSu: Purposely peep on the girls and get away with it. Only girl who catches you thinks it's funny and sends you a flirty email.

Attached: 2D8C7164-2859-4BBB-80F2-1931B7CE7BAD.png (845x538, 543K)

MOOOOOOT

>tfw no Io gf
It hurts, bros.

How would you protect her.

Attached: io hero.jpg (850x467, 165K)

To be fair, it’s not like she needs that much protecting.

Attached: 0943708F-2E1A-45F8-81E0-1AF13D19CEE1.jpg (968x686, 66K)

Not him, but not gonna lie. I wanted to fuck FemTico and picked her solely for that reason.

DeSu3 would probably do really well after P5 brought the series more mainstream

Her heart, user. Even if she is the avatar of the warrior king, deep inside her bosom is the soft vulnerable heart of a scared crying girl who only ones a shoulder to shed her tears on and a warm comforting arm to embrace her. Someone who can gently stroke her head and reassure her that everything will be alright.

Attached: Io Bunny Byakko.png (1500x1000, 483K)

>Makoto's shameless affection for Bunny makes her prime bully bait for Fumi and Otome
Maybe she shouldn't be preying on the boy so obviously.

So Madoka meets SMT? I’d be down with that.

>Io is a Taurus
>She was named after the nymph who was turned into a cow

Attached: io fumi.jpg (760x1000, 724K)

Fair enough.

Attached: F9E37307-F515-4003-85EE-A3074B4E656F.jpg (575x650, 88K)

You generally dont have enough abilities to have more than one or two focused STR characters, and the game gives you enough that you dont really need to build the MC as one. There's more than enough MAG abilities to outfit a small army though, so go nuts with that.

I don't recall the specific numbers, but I think the DeSu games had some low sales, and on top of that the studio that created them, Career Soft ended up getting dissolved into Atlus. We might get another DeSu, but who knows. I feel like it's a pretty good cross between SMT & Persona, so maybe it'd attract more exposure? I'd love to see it in full 3D on the Switch.

Attached: image.gif (330x183, 2.76M)

Do you ever wonder if Bunny uses humor as a defense mechanism. As a way to not only ease his own fear but to make those around him at ease.

Attached: io hero 2.jpg (957x629, 188K)

I just don’t know when it comes to this guy.

Attached: 06F45943-3A65-461F-90BF-43130AD5D0FB.jpg (500x350, 67K)

>We have to use the ancient guarded secret of the dragon stream
>Oh yeah, I heard off that.

Attached: laughing rangas.gif (200x200, 742K)

I feel like Bunny slowly becomes autistic as the story progresses to save his sanity from getting mind raped by aliens. Evangelion is a hell of a drug.

i have, actually.

>Alien gods try to read his mind
>It's the hamster dance on endless loop

ley line stuff actually exists in our world too

>*sniff her hand*

Nah, he's just a doofus.

Attached: 1509412757478.png (843x517, 517K)

I know. It's just Bunny's mater of fact disposition that cracks me up.

Attached: bunny smug.png (1200x900, 21K)

Yuzu a cute

Attached: 7151798_p0.jpg (500x593, 163K)

Dumb bitch

Some of the deaths got pretty fucked up.

Attached: 2608FD76-1453-4A58-84EB-3C239D519C34.jpg (640x306, 79K)

>the alien gods tried to corrupt you
>you corrupt them instead

>Jungo gets stabbed to death without being able to defend himself from the rioters because they are using Daichi as a hostage

Attached: 1541082998785.jpg (720x484, 41K)

Indeed

Attached: 87C468F1-2941-4CD0-A8E5-EFE4AE1C4DB6.jpg (980x1200, 271K)

If SMT V does well enough, and it should since JRPG's are booming these days and IV managed to surpass 600k, hopefully either DeSu or Devil Summoner gets revived as a spinoff. Then again, we'll probably end up with the Nocturne remake before then and then SJ2 afterwards.. I actually wonder how they'd handle SJ2 since dungeon crawlers might not work on the Switch. They could always do the usual dungeon crawling, but I'm getting off topic.

I forgot Otome could die.

>Strange Journey 2
>it's a mystery dungeon game except it deconstructs the genre and is, you know, SMT gritty and batshit
>you still gotta earn an automap function

Wow rude

Based

Attached: 2721107_p0.jpg (500x707, 230K)

Stupid slut

I kinda enjoyed the part on her route where you are on the run from the government but she is still a stupid bitch and I’d beat her up on Naoya’s evil route anyday.

Attached: E1CCDEC4-AD94-4E29-8074-C81285863CD0.jpg (225x851, 84K)

IIRC she was one of the "harder" ones to kill off cause her mission was literally right after her death clip played or something so you had to go out of your way to avoid her.

Attached: ACD93DF1-389A-4667-B889-5089CA2DC627.jpg (266x800, 85K)

coot

Attached: 73302425_p26_master1200.jpg (645x984, 300K)

This is the happiest game in the world

>Keita actually gets a lot of fleshing out if you let Jungo die.
>But that's not happening.
Still was nice to see how Jungo gives so little fucks about his tsundere shit to the point where he can translate his smashes and threats.

>Download DeSu 2's .CIA file since I hacked my 3DS
>Downloaded the DLC packs
>All those extra demons and fiends like Mother Harlor available for fusion
Feels good.

>That part in Triangulum where she has you go for a check-up and makes you strip
>Partly so she could see you naked
>If you call yourself damaged goods now she says she wouldn't mind taking you for herself in that case
I love this girl.

I was honestly pleasantly surprised that Airi actually turned out to be a non-shit tsundere.

Attached: 545E1F09-134F-4757-9641-2A5278EB5298.jpg (600x967, 168K)

>Fumi wants to run some experiments on you
>tell her if she wants to she has to strip you her self
>She straddles you then and there

Attached: sweet fumi.jpg (320x240, 86K)

She rides the line between feisty and generally helpful really well.

Attached: 20680408_p0.jpg (613x895, 120K)

>Triangulum arc starts you off in your school uniform
>opening scene in school ends, you immediately change
what was the point? I was hoping it would be his new outfit, I kind of hoped everyone got permanent new outfits for the tri arc.
also the MC of DeSu 1 not having his cape in the Law/Chaos 8th days was a fucking bummer

Attached: Protagonist_DeSu2_Break_Record.png (1113x941, 747K)

That moment was great.

Attached: 76099932-7A66-4014-9382-9FD078B607C9.jpg (800x594, 143K)

>People are okay with DeSu waifu shit
>But not Persona
I don't understand.

Yeah, it would have been nice to see everyone in their new sprites the whole game. I mean I guess it's impressive that they made them for such a short time but why not get your money out of them?

Attached: airi outfit.png (352x412, 282K)

>No Overlord of Bel cape on the 8th days in Overclocked
I'm actually surprised it wasn't an unlockable option after you beat the game.

Persona would be very different if the waifus could get overloaded with power, violently convulse, vomit up all their insides and then explode in the heroes arms.

Attached: io.png (1010x686, 713K)

No seriously imagine if you're playing Persona 4 or whatever and someone just out of nowhere shoots Yukiko in the spine or chops Kanji's head off.

Attached: Maya_attack.png (368x576, 167K)

speaking mostly for Persona here as someone that hasn't played this spinoff series since I suck at SRPGs, Persona is almost insulting in how 3 onwards set up their waifu shit. here's the core traits, here's their underlying issue, help them (mostly) get over it, bam. this plus Persona getting so popular and overwhelming the rest of the SMT franchise has caused spite to flow its way.

considering how awful the Devil Survivor anime stuff was and the fact that it lays in Persona's shadow eternally, is it really surprising that people give it more of a pass

Yeah, same. Would’ve been cool to style on demons and shit while showing off my sweet ass cape.

Attached: 292DB4FC-38A1-4613-98FA-1127051F7FF3.jpg (1074x1517, 81K)

Attached: nice cloak.jpg (400x621, 106K)

That’s legit something he would say, too.

I thought this was real until I played DeSu 2

>no bonus boss against Cain and Abel
what a fucking waste

Attached: tumblr_n0ldizH76y1si1kcto6_500.jpg (500x698, 78K)

I miss how occult Persona games were. Nowadays it's just a high school dating sim with special snowflake MC's. It's so boring.

What the fuck was Gigolo (Loki) even doing in DeSu? I wish they went more into detail on his relationship with Naoya.

>Abel is a Demifiend-esque superboss that has the normal battle theme of DeSu 1 playing in the background
What would his team be?

I wouldn't mind the waifufaggotry in Persona so much if it didn't take fucking HOURS in between dungeons. Chat time between maps in DeSu is like ten minutes at most.

honestly Persona 1 and 2 really were basically streamlined SMT games with more down-to-earth settings that weren't apocalypses, and third-person visuals of the cast instead of a constant first-person perspective. at least until reality started fucking tripping.

It's an issue of framing. DeSu does the anime waifu bit but while the girls all seem to dig the hero to varying degrees it's pretty far from a dating sim. Nobody becomes your girlfriend by the end of it.

What's more, while DeSu is anime stuff it's anime stuff that's sprinkled over a larger story. The lock down and void are still at the front of everything. You have the cute and funny asides, but they're just that. "Asides." Persona on the other hand has near constant down time where nothing happens beyond "LOL EXAMS." None of the characters really develop beyond their stock archetypes and as a result it's not anime cliche sprinkled on a larger story, it's just the anime cliches. P4 being the worst offender. They don't even pretend like they're looking for answers between kidnappings.

Hell another major thing DeSu does well is give the characters interpersonal relationships beyond how they all relate to YOU. In 2 most of the time you're walking in on them and offering some advice but they still have to be the ones to solve their shit.

Attached: fumi 3.jpg (515x593, 44K)

Obviously the Bel's. Probably multiple phases.
>1st Phase
Beldr & Belial
>2nd Phase
>Jezebel & Beelzebub
>3rd Phase
Belberith

Sounds pretty based.

Attached: E7D09856-9078-45A5-A186-6C6D08410AEE.jpg (559x362, 81K)

I just hate the complete lack of focus. I say this a lot but how much time could you cut off the clock if you just told the story like a normal RPG and dropped that life sim shit. I know it's what people eat up but I just find it so boring.

I played the first games somewhat recently and I was shocked out how fast out the gate shit started going. If this was a modern game it would be three hours before Master Joker ever even got mentioned.

Attached: joker.jpg (480x272, 41K)

>tfw you get screwed no matter the ending

Attached: honda.jpg (132x498, 55K)

Devil Survivor was great.. I really hope it gets revived. Anyone got the sales for the games? The extra content in both games for the 3DS ports were based, and I never played the originals so it was more fun for me.

did Persona 2 Joker ever rise up against the society?

I think the only routes where he isn't completely screwed over is on Atsuro and Gin's routes, mostly because he doesn't actually appear iirc, so his sons fate is left up in the air.

Yes. And he was far more effective at it.

Attached: masq.png (1190x430, 44K)

>Loki promises to revive his son
>Abel & Cain kick Loki's ass
>"Ah, this shit isn't fun anymore, I'm outta here"
>"WAIT LOKI MY SON"
>Jumps into the Expanse and likely gets himself killed
Guess he didn't survive :^), but honestly I'd love to see a DeSu game with less anime tropes, more serious tone. The concept of a lockdown was pretty great with the King of Bel shit.

>is never able to reunite with his son
>gets tricked to be Loki’s bitch to revive his son but to no avail
>even gets killed off in one ending
Honda had a hard life.

It was a different time. Padding was usually done by difficulty and grinding, but then Japan didn't have a rental industry, so they could be as hardcore or easy as they pleased. But that also meant that besides a scant handful of examples, most JRPGs simply did not waste your time, or at least not early on. Persona had to get you hooked to the story fast, like Breath of Fire 3, or Final Fantasy VII.

Now we're expected to literally run down the gamut of "protagonist enters the scenario, catch whiffs of deeper shit, get involved in something personally after establishing initial main cast members, awaken, draw others into awakening, loosely establish the first major goal, then establish the long-term". It's visual novel padding, not proper JRPG story design.

>Can't have Haru join your team

Attached: Haru Desu.png (542x490, 242K)

so guys, did Kaido ever score with Mari?

Attached: Shin.Megami.Tensei-.Devil.Survivor.full.339128.jpg (600x5843, 1.11M)

Shame.

Attached: F4C2E72D-8297-4742-BF2E-95E24BC8F3A6.jpg (800x1157, 184K)

I thought Haru was going to be a party member. I tried to focus on her character route, but then I found out Gin didn't have a 7th day so I downright ignored him.

Dunno but if he did, good for him. Mari a cute. And surprisingly cool with murder.

Attached: 26C35B15-7391-4AC1-8E19-73965E1D6AF2.jpg (400x638, 72K)

I don't even really mind a long game but modern Persona is literally nothing happening for 70-80 percent of the game but you building a party. Why does every character need their own dungeon? Because it's easier to cordon off their "development" into episodic chunks rather than have them grow over the course of the story.

I would love to see P6 go back to a 4-5 person sized party. Maybe some characters rotate in and out, maybe some get replaced entirely. But the game despite it's length is just filler.

Attached: persona2innocentawesome.jpg (500x375, 53K)

I think anyone that got possessed by a Belmont ghost trying to hunt down Dracula would become cool with murder.

Attached: 1410738618894.jpg (525x2641, 386K)

>convince sister to play Overclocked
>she begrudgingly does
>she only played Persona 3/4 beforehand
>she finishes it about 2 weeks after starting
>immediately goes out and buys the manga
>rush orders DeSu 2 Record Breaker
>inquires about other Megaten games
>let her borrow Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga 1+2
another one sees the light bros

Attached: Shin.Megami.Tensei-.Devil.Survivor.full.339132.jpg (2096x3016, 2.59M)

>Io doujin gets translated
>it's futashit
fuck

I agree with this. The smaller party casts were better for the story since it allowed for more character focus and interaction. You can't do that shit properly with 8 to 9 party members like the newer titles.

Based as fuck. Always cool to see more people appreciate these games.

Attached: 88199A8F-8AB7-4880-8B4B-4A37D60993D8.jpg (1400x1750, 1019K)

Mari is for Kresnik only.

I liked DS2 more than 1, though I only played the DS version. Multi hit was a godly addition, the responses are kind funny, the characters were better, but the overall story wasn't quite as good.

They don't even really make use of their casts generally expendability like DeSu does by making most of them killable or missable. FATE is so much better a system than SLinks because of there being real consequences to not doing them. Persona needs a punishment for not doing this shit. Take advantage of your shit. DeSu2 has a cast of like 13 main playable characters plus one or two others and it still manages to make them more endearing because of their fragility and if you futz things up they can go away forever even if they don't die. Pull a persona 1 and give you limited characters slots. Just do something. Their casts are all just so vapid and do nothing but hang on the MC's orbit and the game has more than enough time to do shit with them.

Ah, I see you too are a man of culture.

Attached: 009085F9-F9BB-45C8-B321-E65BC1B6A3D9.jpg (724x936, 296K)

Attached: Airi arena.gif (199x362, 7K)

She’s doomed.

It would be cool to see a DeSu fighting game but I’m not sure how it would work considering how most of the casts are fairly interchange when it comes to demons.

Attached: 1485621969703.jpg (530x519, 528K)

Holy shit was just looking for an SMT thread to talk about this game in specific. Shits great.
>Even more bleak and depressing than any SMT game before it
>More slice of life than you can shake a stick at that makes you forget the world is ending
>Better race and auto abilities than the first
>Less dumbasses than the first (looking at you yoohoo)
>Combat flows a lot better
Then after the ending which is rather subpar for an SMT game, you do the Triangulum arc
>Everything gets even more depressing
>Even more SoL
>It's like the first part on steroids
Fuck I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Attached: 1555262646334.jpg (256x256, 16K)

I actually like Midori.

Attached: 3DB756E2-2402-4CAD-BBD3-6E2CA20D519D.jpg (528x616, 209K)

I actually found myself liking that little retard.

Attached: midori 4.jpg (850x1261, 659K)

I still can't believe he's somehow less likeable and sympathetic than the edgelord that keeps repeating how the weaks are faggots and will die in his new wordl order. How in the world did they fuck up Ronaldo this bad?

He has autism but unlike Bunny, he has the incompetent and non-endearing kind.

Something about Yamato just doesn't let you hate him and I don't know what it is.

Devil Survivor dancing in lockdown

I thought she was fine, but goddamn is her voice acting in Overclocked terrible.

Attached: 1389344776937.jpg (425x352, 19K)

Girls always seem to get stuck on Persona. May your sister see God's glory for herself.

since then she has finished DeSu 2 and Nocturne and is currently playing SMT IV, she is waiting for some time off before she starts DDS, she also heeded my advice on waiting for the inevitable P5 rerelease.
I may have created a monster

Attached: Shin.Megami.Tensei-.Devil.Survivor.full.339129.jpg (870x700, 620K)

dunno but it makes it really fun to hate him

Attached: bot_0010.png (320x240, 134K)

She cute.

>Side with Ronaldo
>Yamato dies saving you, even though you're opposing him now.
>Side with Yamato
>"REEEEEE FUCK YOU YAMATO SUICIDAL BUMRUSH"

what a fag

Attached: 1548898113549.png (200x200, 45K)

He just likes you too much.

Yeah, about that.

Attached: 361E11BD-F5F5-4F24-B83E-CC24104D3087.jpg (1200x675, 118K)

Yamato is harsh but not wholly malicious. It's more he doesn't suffer fools and simpletons and sees his soldiers deaths as just part of their duty. He doesn't really send them on any suicide missions or anything.

And he makes his motivations pretty clear. He and his family had lived and wasted their whole lives in service of morons and he's tired of it. He wants the world to be run by people who aren't shit heads. And what's probably most important is, he never actually implies that it needs to be himself who's in charge.

Attached: yamoto.jpg (504x323, 103K)

>Persona 3 remake
>Devil Survivor costumes
Based..

He can fuck off. He, the naruto-powered edgelord, is the biggest hypocrite of the whole game.

Congratulations, user. You’ve set her on the right path towards punching multiple deities in the face.

Attached: 591A7673-2285-45E0-9E9A-1D84F202595F.jpg (498x330, 41K)

Attached: ronaldo.png (320x1200, 745K)

>Side with Al Psyduck
>Yamato refuses to let a septentrion ascend the throne, commits seppuku
>Ronaldo doesn't know he's a septentrion and just tries to murder him anyway, Psyduck kills him in self defense
Ronnie ffs whats your damage?

Attached: 616741.jpg (1280x1783, 492K)

>Ronnie pretty much sperges out over Yamato for the entirety of the game
>Yamato doesn’t even know who he is
Fucking kek.

I kind of hated how DeSu 2 didn't have as much focus on surviving as the first game. It felt like the situation was less tense.

>load up my 2 year old DeSu 1 save
>stuck on Belberith, roughly 10 levels below him and 5 levels below the mooks
I think I'll move on to 2 for now

How did this series handle character links better than Persona? Even the character routes were based.

What focus did the first game have on actual survival?

>"Oh no we need to find food"
>One battle later the problem is solved forever

There was no survival mechanics here. There was some cheap mouth service to the idea of it but nothing meaningful.

anyone else think Arata from Digimon:Cyber Sleuth looks like Yamato and the MC's demented love child?

Attached: tumblr_inline_nqvzpaNv5c1ru0rw1_540.jpg (451x700, 123K)

Attached: 27504199-cardboard-box-upside-down-over-white-background.jpg (1300x1022, 95K)

Attached: tumblr_n0gp69KYaW1qggcr5o1_r2_500.png (500x724, 426K)

I just liked how tense the game was. Characters like Honda had an impact, and of course the first game has more nostalgia for me since I just recently played DeSu 2 and I wasn't feeling the plot as much.

Because they all actually had weight and consequence. Characters are facing real problems and actually grow as people. There's also a reason to do them because if you don't you can lose the characters permanently and it has a kind of logic that if you max out their FATE they'd be willing to side with you.

What happens in Persona? Nothing. It's all just a waste of time.

Attached: Airi cry.jpg (271x420, 61K)

How should I prepare for Lucifer in Overclocked?

Now that I think about it, was the cast in DeSu 2 just full of autism?
>Bunny
>Yamato
>Io
>Fumi
>Jungo
>Keita
>Yamato
>Psyduck

Aw crap, I meant to list Ronaldo instead of Yamato twice.

Nobody blames you

Attached: 91-061.png (512x384, 62K)

You're right. Imagine how rough it'd be if your Social Links bailed on you permanently for slipping up?

My favorite hinako

Makoto also has the 'tism.
Jungo is not autistic though, he's just a regular, run of the mill retard

so what are the general opinions on the Triangulum arc?

Attached: tumblr_no9qfwIjsg1qmsj91o1_540.png (540x795, 667K)

I liked how you could piss off your social links in Persona 3 and literally break their arcana. Too bad they took that out in the next games.

I think it also helps that when you're not actually IN the battles the fates pretty much made up the bulk of the story. You had your big story events but between those and battles you moved from character event to character event. You didn't have to cycle through the day cycle 365 times and their was a stronger sense of forward progression.

And with more limited time you had to make more choices of who you wanted to spend time with. Even if you blew off Chie one day you could make it up the next and get the same events. Not really the case with desu.

Attached: Airi cute.jpg (425x600, 85K)

this is how I feel about DeSu and SMT4A
They already had a perfect blueprint for mixing some Persona friendship elements into SMT but still fucked it up completely
DeSu characters have some convictions, alignments of their own, and will stick to them even if the player diverges from their beliefs. There's still a lot of fanservice/protag pandering, but it doesn't go too far that it becomes detrimental to their characterization.

Attached: bot_0042.png (320x240, 122K)

I really liked it. The story was more interesting than the base game, but I wish it was longer and had more bosses.

Attached: 289995E1-69D2-4E5C-ADC7-259988A4440B.png (1280x541, 856K)

Really I think that's the biggest advantage. Even "simpler" characters like Jungo and Daichi won't automatically side with you out of the blue. You had to earn their respect. I mean think about that for a second. Daichi. The guy who's basically your side kick the whole game will eventually put his foot down and say NO to you. Everyone will welcome you to their teams but that's the big difference. You're siding with them, they're not mindlessly following you. Don't see Yosuke nutting up like that.

Attached: daichi carries.jpg (655x700, 338K)

mine played rb for every route except ronaldo's
She really didn't like him

Your sister was wise, user.

Daichi > Atsuro

I don't like it much in terms of story. I think all the Atlus remake extras feel pretty badly tacked on and are only good for fanservice or gameplay additions. Didn't like that it doesn't continue from any particular ending but a mashup, or that it pretty much renders the original conflicts and alignments null in favor of an "everyone lives happily ever after" outcome. It was still fun, better than the 8th day I think, but it'd have pissed me off if it was there immediately instead of years after the original.

It made choosing Alcor's route all the more satisfying too.

Attached: bot_0006.png (320x240, 149K)

Attached: 1500424254643.jpg (770x767, 254K)

Yeah. Actually she's played more MegaTen than me overall, she played Overclocked after and I still haven't finished it, and I'm just nearing the 3/4ths mark in SMT IV Apocalypse, which she lent me.

I like Daichi but Atsubro is just too based.

Attached: E4296D0D-F1C4-4543-B2E7-469990C426B7.jpg (480x620, 89K)

I think Daichi will rejoin you no matter what, but you have to persuade everyone else.

Good story, and it's nice to have a whole second campaign. Overall among the best remakes.
Hell, I liked some of the Triangulum's story arcs more than the Septentriones.

>ronaldo would have shot makoto if the team didn't barge in
>immediately after he wants you to join him
yeah nah

Atsubro sticks by your side no matter what route you choose, he has your back no matter what
Daichi will drop you if you don't join him and you have to slap some sense into his ass until he joins you again
both are great, but Atsubro is the clear winner

Attached: 36436292_m.jpg (600x577, 226K)

Well yes, but the fact remains that he still fought you first if you went a different route. You don't have to do the full FATE thing but at least have your characters have their own agency is really the point I was making.

Attached: daichi 1.png (1280x702, 1.04M)

>Ronaldo can flat out shoot Makoto in the fucking face
>her body isn't even cold before immediately asking you to join him in establishing communism on a global scale
>Otome, Airi and Joe sign up immediately
>you can too
someone stop this absolute madman!

Attached: Ronaldo McDonaldo.jpg (540x459, 64K)

Attached: 1490662127255.jpg (491x750, 69K)

While they did a bad job in general with the friends in Apocalypse, I like that they made Navarre throw away all of your items if you were too friendly with everyone and then chose to go Anarchy route

Attached: 1500004080103.png (1366x768, 526K)

>almost drop DeSu 1 several times due to infuriating civilian protection and escort missions
>take Naoya's route and kill everyone just to spite those shitty missions
>you can beat up Yuzu and Midori too
this is a perfect route

Daichi casts TRUCK. Your arguments are invalid.

Attached: Truck.gif (512x384, 1.89M)

Makoto was my favorite so I hated him especially hard. Fuck that guy, it's not even worth the title screen aurora for it.
>antagonizes and deliberately hinders efforts to prevent all of existence from shorting out because he wants to fuck up yamato and feed some people who are going to cease existance if yamato's comrades fail
what a dumbass
his "revenge" reason against Yamato isn't even based on fact, his mentor just up and left then got killed by one of the Devas (I think the yellow one?).

>Otome
I seriously wonder why she would join him when he nearly shot her friend

Attached: 1CF1F20B-3363-4757-8FD9-7ACC6BAEC537.gif (512x384, 897K)

goddamnit i usually don't care for shipping faggotry but why are they so fucking cute

Attached: 1471036485630.png (454x267, 51K)

To sum it up succinctly?

Attached: think of the children.jpg (480x360, 43K)

The anime unironically made him better

the anime took Jungo and Airi ship to a whole new level

Attached: jungo 2 1.png (1000x1000, 187K)

because he couldn't fucking kill his friend and yamato was the big final boss man
fuck the anime

Actually I find it funny that most of Ronaldo's comrades don't actually believe in his cause.

Otome just wants to look out for her kid.
Airi doesn't actually believe in any of the routes but felt pressured to pick a side and Yamato scared her and Daichi had nothing.
Joe's a bum.

Attached: Airi shy.png (509x504, 228K)

Of course it made Yamato generic evil villain so "better" is relative

>fuck the anime
Seriously, fuck it so much.

Attached: 7877E48C-9AD9-4DF1-ADEA-3DB9BB564958.jpg (720x480, 19K)

>Ronaldo gets blasted into the fucking river
>Floats back up to talk shit before sinking again

Attached: 1537928479204.gif (250x230, 927K)

>have to go to bed in the middle of a DeSu2 thread
dang
well have this

Attached: fumi and makoto exam scan.jpg (845x1200, 107K)

Goddamn Fumi.

>nearly

Attached: 15566131542219355.gif (444x250, 449K)

>Last fight ends with a fucking hug
>They did it again in the P4G anime
I hate it

Attached: 1418728428803.png (800x600, 339K)

I like how you can joke about her scarf in one of the dialogue choices.

>not rushing in immediately after the video

>Executes one of the few genuinely good people he knows because MUH YAMATO
Fuck this guy, what were they thinking

starting a communist revolution always requires some bloodshed as an offering

Ronaldo did nothing wrong.

>killing best girl
Well fuck you too, Ronnie.

Attached: AA2C9DE7-E78E-4B3F-83F7-67EF6E49B89A.jpg (480x640, 194K)

>I hang upside down

Attached: airi short.png (640x1176, 239K)

>why? why did you kill Makoto? was all this just to spite Hotsuin
>yes, that's exactly why
why on earth did they make him such a fucking psycho if he was meant to be at least partly an ally? I can't even tell if its bad writing or he's just meant to be this bad

Attached: tumblr_nsdy1irQhm1qfmbljo1_400.png (400x533, 272K)

>When Otome bait-and-switches you with that age gap question.

Attached: 1435526464883.png (500x500, 266K)

nobody likes commies

Attached: bot_0025.png (320x240, 119K)

I think it's pretty clear he was intended to be a lunatic. Especially in his and Joe's fates there are a lot of moments where he just goes nuts.

to be fair, it's pretty obvious that his initial fight for peace and equality turn to personal war against Yamato and even Joe says it.

>ywn have Otome give you a check-up
Shit sucks, man.

Attached: 8F011C59-6C1F-469F-9AEB-AEDDBD980F28.png (660x737, 387K)

I like the pics where Jungo is carrying her

Attached: 35679593_p0.jpg (600x800, 338K)

It would have been better if he was a JPs member who would get disillusioned with Yamato's Darwinist mentality partway through the game and eventually rebel at the end of the 6th day.
Makoto's death video feels tacked on to piss on Ronaldo some more.

it's strange how amazing Devil Survivor 2 soundtrack is when compared to the first game.

Jungo’s a big guy.

>you are schoolboy
>world outside school is breaking apart and demons are killing everyone/overrunning everything
>school is in lockdown so you can't escape.
>school becomes safezone as everyone outside are demons and escape school plan becomes make school safe also but its only happening in one country.
>schoolkids awaken demon powers, some turning into demons while others mastering it and gaining power while keeping their humanity
>lucifer did it
>turns out Lucifer is the last demon in reality since god wiped them out
>lucifer decide "i need an army"
> invades earth but doesn't do anything other then awaken the evil in mankind
>all the demons you see were once humans who gave in to the evil in them.
>game ends with you winning but at the cost of almost everyone and inspiring god to spread this around the world to test humans and weed out the evil.
>lucifer even shocked and wondering if this was gods plan all along.

end

I've gotten so much more DeSu art from this thread, Jungo x Airi especially, keep up the good work anons!

Attached: tumblr_ngwzlapVqe1sp6t4ko1_1280.png (600x466, 147K)

in the anime he actually used to work for JP's, but he didn't agree with Yamato's ideals so he left.

And she's a small girl.

Attached: AIri Jungos.jpg (1200x2000, 937K)

That's the only good thing about the anime.
Of course they fucked it up by making Yamato completely fucking crazy.

>reach Ronaldo Fate 5
>he arrives to stop the rioters and doesn't try to kill Makoto
>don't reach Ronaldo Fate 5
>the attack proceeds as normal
I think that would have been a relatively fair compromise

Attached: tumblr_niwvpzSUXA1sp6t4ko1_1280.png (700x500, 332K)

>just realised I've forgotten I have an unfinished 2nd playthrough of DeSu2

Indeed.

Attached: EAF448E1-9291-481C-A684-0B9DD48DB9CB.png (500x587, 354K)

The original DeSu is the only SMT I've managed to do two playthroughs back to back. Wish I didn't get fatigued with these games so easily.

Attached: 1525599821620.jpg (596x591, 141K)

Are those floral patterns or blood splatters.

Attached: Fumi.png (1364x1850, 1.24M)

Attached: 84209E56-9652-4454-9554-5043DD3803E6.jpg (800x467, 299K)

Floral blood splatterns

Attached: 05457D3D-78A2-4970-B5F3-660D5D0C32BE.png (825x700, 257K)

Doesn't even have to be FATE 5, just tell Ronaldo "shit rioters are going to kill Makoto" and he'll probably try to stop them in order to try and recruit her.
Of course, "rioters killing a party member" was already done with Jungo

Attached: aihina.jpg (500x661, 104K)

>be me
>be a 15 years old tokyo hunter living in the post-apocalypse
>Life is shit, demons are everywhere and I've never never seen the sun
>my only friend is my annoying clingy sister
>for some reason she really reminds me of a dog
>on a mission some gay donkey along with some floating starfishes murders me
>meet some Irish edgelord in the underworld. Promises to revive me if I become his godslayer
>sounds like a pain in the ass and I don't really think I have the patience to grind enough levels to kill a god, but whatever
>Now I have weird tattoos and a green scar. Sister is so retarded she somehow doesn't even notice.
> Go on exciting adventures and finally make new friends along the way.
>daddy Dagda keeps warning me how friendship is gay and holding me back
>fuck you dad, stop being so edgy

>slimer keeps being a whiny fag
>Fairy chick snitches me to the hunters. They almost kill me again and only forgive me when I murder Pepe the Buddha
>Gaylord yakuza halfbreed barges in my team without my permission. Turns out he's a mole and later keeps pestering me about his daddy issues
>Jesus fuck why is this samurai cuntlord such an asshole holy shit stop stealing my press turns you fucking twat.
>Why is this edgy midget so horny stop please we need to rescue Flynn
>Flynn keeps making weird faces, but eh, at least he seems like a cool guy
>Oh shit he's the giant fucking snake and ate my sister what the fuck
>Dagda now tells me I need to rewrite reality and become God.
>well I mean Tokyo is a shithole and the rest of the world has been nuked, so why not.
>my friends immediately try to kill me.
>mfw Dagda was right all along.
>make new universe so I can become an almighty neet and shitpost on Yea Forums for the rest of my eternal life.
>worst fucking week of my life, I swear.

Attached: protagonist-shin-megami-tensei-iv-apocalypse-38.4.jpg (210x240, 20K)

I always found the mental image of the demon tamers using what is essentially Nintendo DS’ to take on hordes of otherworldly beings pretty hilarious. That’s like bringing a Gameboy Advance to go fight a nuclear war.

Attached: 5CCF996B-3D4A-4938-8042-0A1A49593C33.jpg (640x296, 31K)

Attached: chawanmushi.jpg (900x1447, 236K)

>there was never a 3rd Devil Survivor
missed opportunity

I imagined they just take them out to summon demons, then put them away. DS as a COMP was a retarded idea, but I can look past it for the setting desu

>DeSu3 comes onto the Switch
>tamers have to use Switches and joycons to fight demons

Attached: serious bunny.jpg (1200x675, 143K)

I mean I was making a pun on "DS" and "3DS"
you know, devil survivor, ds. missed opportunity for the third proper game to not be on the "3"DS

Attached: 7F0A87B7-D32C-48C3-93EB-E5E4512ABA1C.jpg (640x635, 170K)

>I imagined they just take them out to summon demons, then put them away.
they used them to fight, all the spells you can cast are from the comp, there was actually a pretty cool talk about how they somehow turned complex rituals into executable files on the comp
so yeah, everyone was running around with DS's shooting fireballs at each other, its pretty ridiculous when you think about it

Attached: tumblr_nwk16bPfHM1si48w3o1_540.jpg (540x540, 126K)

Attached: 17702370_p0.jpg (700x988, 98K)

I remember there being a scene in DeSu2 where Jungo summons fire from his cellphone to take down some demons. Which always confused me because Jungo sucks at magic.

Attached: Airi Jungo 2.jpg (800x640, 254K)

How do physical spells work? Do the comps just emit a shockwave or something?

What's your endgame team

Personal force field?

I always thought the COMPs temporarily empowered the users to perform feats like those. Like gif related for something like Multi-Strike.

Attached: DA9C6696-9833-4031-819B-C9A80BD5FF21.gif (557x308, 839K)

That's where it gets silly. Peoples' damage scales off their personal affinity, otherwise they're actually getting XP and the comp is getting funpoints for summoning magic spells or big fists

Bunny, Fumi, Jungo and I rotate the fourth. Airi and Makoto get a lot of play. I'd love an HD DeSu just for the idea of being able to field more characters. Because it's actually hard to settle on just four in 2. I like a lot of them.

Attached: fumis 2.png (700x676, 270K)

Everybody gets a Garuda

Attached: 1544335576617.jpg (240x240, 12K)

>Desu 1
MC, Atsuro, Naoya, and Mari
>Desu 2
MC, Fumi, Jungo, and Daichi

I like the idea that this is literally how Daichi and Hinako are attacking demons

Attached: tumblr_nwqe82uGMc1rlwbmio1_540.png (540x540, 344K)

Just finished Triangulum. Bunny with Lucifer, Yamato with Satan, Miyako with Alice and Saiduq with Beelzebub.

>Deathbound

Attached: FD21CAC4-BBE2-4C63-A443-82F9B0068983.gif (396x298, 626K)

MC, Fumi, Jungo and Otome. They usually wreck most maps by the time I get them.
I maximize STR and AGI for MC

Attached: 32699729_p0.jpg (731x900, 145K)

>DeSu1

MC, Mari, Amane, Gin

>DeSu2

MC, Otome, Fumi, Airi

Attached: 1504957721928.jpg (1007x778, 274K)

Psyduck is a nice guy

Attached: Psyduck is friend.jpg (1277x765, 515K)

Is the Septentrione arc NG+ stuff worth another run? I have my old save, and these threads make me want to dust the game off my shelf.

Attached: C000B558-B4AB-4EA4-81F9-D83E0D1C6FBA.jpg (768x1024, 567K)

Attached: d445ec3b6a77043c4d1c438bf663ef3c.jpg (768x1000, 351K)

I’d say it’s worth it. The game’s still pretty fun and it’s pretty funny seeing how much your OP demons will curbstomp almost everything in sight.

Attached: Shin.Megami.Tensei-.Devil.Survivor.2.full.1515801.jpg (989x841, 728K)

Attached: tumblr_n9rw6zRupi1qggcr5o2_r1_500.png (500x743, 487K)

Attached: Shin.Megami.Tensei-.Devil.Survivor.2.full.1538394.jpg (800x693, 255K)

So, what would you guys want from a Devil Survivor 3 if one was ever made?

Yes, be warned that some of the bosses have gimmicks.

Im honestly not really sure. I'd love it to be HD and have larger maps and let me field more people. But outside that so long as the characters are endearing and the story good Im good with whatever. Maybe build the FATE system more.

Attached: Shin.Megami.Tensei-.Devil.Survivor.2.full.1523826.jpg (900x709, 203K)

I really wasn't expecting to like Io as much as I did. I don't normally go for the shy type of girls but she was extremely sympathetic.

Attached: 35495704_p0_master1200.jpg (469x469, 158K)

How are the NG+ bosses? Are they as difficult as Overclocked's bosses were?

By the way, there's a channel on youtube that has the OST of almost all megaten games in really good quality.

youtube.com/watch?v=cPHLW8WXLKE&list=PLjdSC-ENw035Zu_2T6Op32zJUF-qdL6HI&index=15

I hope some of you will find it useful.

Attached: __nitta_io_devil_survivor_2_and_megami_ibunroku_devil_survivor_drawn_by_boku_akamedou__8e8a05f8bf3b7 (793x1103, 479K)

I’d want another one just in general, tbqh. I miss when we got spin-offs that weren’t just Persona.

I didn't, either. I think it's because she actually has a spine and shows admirable inner strength, unlike most girls in that archetype.

Beelzebub is alot harder than Belzaboul and Nebiros can be annoying. Alice isn't that bad if you and your demons have anti-almighty skill.

>whenever he's not on screen, every character will ask "Where's Yamato?".
I mean a big part of the plot is that Yamato is missing and he was the guy who got shit done and knew at all times what was happening.
So it's not really a surprise that the characters wonder where the fuck he is and why he is missing.

To be fair, no one had high expectations after Yuzu

Honestly the stuff she goes through would break far more emotionally durable characters a lot sooner.

Attached: 34921734_p1_master1200.jpg (686x800, 203K)

Why do I find the back of a woman and the nape of her neck so much sexier than just seeing her boobs and ass? The japs know where it's at in this regard.

Yamato Io Makoto

It also helps that she can actually be silly at times as well
>mfw Operation Cardboard Box

Attached: 30E5583C-DC29-4542-B1D6-551EFC56108D.gif (150x150, 296K)

most importantly she is cute, has a cute voice and is a bro

Because the neck and back exposed display a sense of vulnerability.

This guy must be feeling real stupid

>They try it again in Trianglum

Attached: io box.jpg (800x800, 252K)

Did a bunch of newfriends play DeSu or something?
Is recommending it to anons actually working?

Attached: 1534622304920.jpg (878x742, 102K)

>it doesn’t work out like it did last time
>she freaks the fuck out and accidentally knocks the guy out cold
10/10

I dunno but whatever it is, I’m glad it’s working out. Pretty nice to have threads like these.

Maybe? That kind of thing does happen sometimes. It's good to see anyways.

Attached: Nitta.Io.full.1476363.jpg (2048x1550, 614K)

Kek

I don't want to jinx it, but I notice DeSu threads tend to be pretty chill. There's disagreements over which one is better but the discussions are usually pretty civil and people can give pretty solid justifications for their opinions.

Attached: thrust day.jpg (302x274, 31K)

I think it's still the aftershocks of P5 resonating throughout other megaten games. Whatever it is, I'm happy that new people get to experience these otherwise niche games.

Attached: Sako power.jpg (1280x1808, 584K)

Attached: Io armor.jpg (1125x1412, 263K)

>tfw this thread is mostly people posting nice art and people complaining about how much of a lunatic Ronaldo is
comfy

Attached: tumblr_mt3c7aToX31ql5ljco1_400.jpg (400x514, 176K)

It has the perfect blend of things going for it
>great gameplay
>interesting characters
>tits
>crazy plots
>great music
All in all, two pretty great games.

Attached: 501CF130-EBA5-4DFD-AEC7-23B55CB4A5C7.jpg (594x747, 594K)

SIT ON MY FUCKING FACE

Attached: 1546585139927.png (256x224, 9K)

>weak to ranged

Io is brave and strong.

Attached: Io 9.png (1280x1674, 258K)

I wanna mating press Io.

The Fumi meeting after this was pretty great
Before
>I'm just going to eliminate you a-
After
>hey go away before people see us

>tfw you notice the protagonists race changes from Human to Bel in the status screen during the Law and Chaos 8th days
its the little details

Attached: images.jpg (187x270, 8K)

>if you don’t go with Daichi and fight with him and Io, she channels Lugh again to try and kick your ass, with her race changing to Deity while doing so
Absolute kino.

Maybe I have seen quite a few people asking what SMT game they should play ir start with and I always recommend DeSu and SMT IV.

Attached: 1546484195431.jpg (500x375, 84K)

On the one hand I think I would have liked there to be more of a struggle to restoring everyone's memories in Trianglum but on the other hand I think I just like watching everyone bro the whole quest all the way. After how heated the main game got it was kind of nice to see that unity.

>Shiva shows up

Attached: screams.gif (264x320, 1.48M)

>Beat her in one encounter anyway
Can't beat the Bunnycock

Attached: 1545033632850.png (192x192, 984)

What does she wear under her qipao, Yea Forums?

Attached: __kanno_fumi_devil_survivor_2_and_megami_ibunroku_devil_survivor_drawn_by_cotta__0c33a789e8ab3bff14c (709x1000, 432K)

>get to Naoya route
>Betatron tries to wreck your shit
>you then proceed to fully awaken to your Bel powers and utterly wreck his ass in the process, making him crawl off like a little bitch
God, I love these games.

Attached: 52BDD5BF-2B5F-4604-BA3B-1586FFA6FFA0.jpg (640x905, 281K)

Nothing.

She may not be everyone's favourite, but you got to admit that she has a cute design.

Attached: __hotsuin_miyako_devil_survivor_2_and_megami_ibunroku_devil_survivor_drawn_by_swnoki__4945b26def2710 (900x900, 529K)

Attached: fumi smug 2.png (709x687, 415K)

Is that Yamato in drag?

>cute design
Literally Yamato in drag.

Who would’ve thought a genderbent Yamato would be so cute

I still wonder how Miyako got to be made. Wasn’t it because Yamato was so gay for Bunny that God thought he was a woman and made Miyako the way she was?

Who would've though Daichi would get the girl.

Nothing at all.

This thread makes me want to do a run where I just let basically everyone die

They made her to replace Yamato who went missing so that she can eliminate the others and go to the next cycle.

>letting Joe die
>letting Otome die
>letting Fumi die
>letting Jungo die
That is a terrible decision and you know it.

I always let Keita die on a fresh file desu, everyone else can stay

It may be a bit tropey, but I found it endearing that on the last day she just lets her guard down around you and finally cries her worries out.

>can't contract Deity Io

Attached: top_0004.png (400x240, 54K)

>Fumi
she doesn't though

Nothing can beat the cock. Not the cock.

Oh yeah, forgot. The other points still count, though.

DeSu1 is better.
I mean, the fight for the fucking THRONE OF BEL.
Nothing compares bro. Nothing.
youtube.com/watch?v=-qfjwh8OuBk

Attached: tumblr_lfw5yndRB51qgh0gfo1_500.jpg (500x698, 135K)

you are only allowed to let around 3 people die before they force you to start saving them iirc, or else you run the risk of seriously being short on people before you reach the end depending on what route you take

I miss flip phones

Attached: flip phone.jpg (500x375, 61K)

>No Vit or Agi
>Mixed Str/Mag
>Phys-complimenting passives
Foolish girl

Attached: 1539700354628.jpg (957x718, 70K)

>he didn't mention Keita at all
rip
and after Jungo and Joe go Otome is safe

Is the gameplay on the original DS2 version for the DS bugged or something? There have been many times where the enemy attacked me and even though I was strong against their attack they got an extra turn or they didn't lose their extra turn or they even cancelled my extra turn, which is 100% bs. I'm also pretty sure speed didn't always work as it should be. Way to fuck up what would be a perfect battle system.

Do they have a skill like pierce?

To be fair, does anyone actually care about Keita?

You can still buy them, user. You don't need a flimsy glass plate that can stream porn and video conference call all your buddies at the same time.

Nah, I would notice that. It's weird, it just happened completely randomly imo.

he was slightly better in Triangulum

Jungo.

iirc extra turns aren't factored in by being str against something, its only when you hit a weakness or something they nul/drain/repel that it gives or takes extra turns

Attached: tumblr_mq2vh5pFSY1so771oo1_540.jpg (540x450, 59K)

No, that's how it's supposed to work.

Attached: 9E56B152-4250-401F-94CD-888520F60318.jpg (450x365, 49K)

Did they score criticals?

I really liked the dub in RB

Jungo’s a good boy, that’s a given.

Attached: 07302E90-B124-402D-AFE6-277CFED0F47D.png (500x500, 340K)

>Maerlyn’s Grapefruit
ay yo is that a dark tower reference????

Yes

>Fight Baldr on day 3
>Nothing days 4 and 5
>Belial on day 6
>Suddenly a big mishmash of Beelzebub, Jezebel, Belberith and Babel on day 7.

I can't help but think they should have been spaced out a bit more.

the dub was great with a few exceptions
I think Jungo should have had a deeper voice
Joe should have been had a bit more put into him than Yuri's Yosuke performance
everyone else was really good, with Daichi standing out imo

Attached: tumblr_o4pja1jT7r1rlwbmio1_540.png (540x432, 227K)

I'm not referring to critical hits. Literally my character is strong against the enemy's attack, but the enemy gets an extra turn after attacking me. It rarely happens, which makes it even weirder.

DeSu2 is honestly my favorite game of all time. I 100%'d both the original and RB. It will never not make me happy. Airi best girl.
I thought it was pretty bad, honestly. Ronaldo and Miyako in particular had pretty shitty performances, and I' d say that only Yamato and Daichi did a really good job.

Either way, I usually play with the voices off. I'm used to it.

Attached: 92CED45C-B244-4476-AA35-B58B6B45B68A.jpg (500x750, 201K)

I agree on that, last day is a chore because of it.

Also, until day 7, you barely had any team members.

Working as intended. It's annoying, but all attacks have a base chance to gain or remove Extra even if it doesn't crit

neat.

You know, this has been a pretty comfy thread. Thanks for the great discussion, bros.

Attached: 0A6888B3-2B2C-430B-8AC5-883BE4F99710.jpg (658x425, 102K)

>you can only change up your team on the last day and the extra day
One of the weakest parts that DeSu 2 improved on by making almost all of them playable on the midgame

Oh OK, thanks user. Well, that's bullshit. The gameplay is still great though, just not perfect :(

I'm with you, good thread, glad we hit the bump

Attached: tumblr_inline_nq7uqqZvWe1rt9p8c_540.png (500x500, 97K)

It was a good one. Well worth staying up for.

Attached: 1493845914152.gif (500x500, 1.93M)

DeSu threads always are. I wonder if the Fumifag I talked to in this threads a few years ago is still here.

Im a Fumifag. Was it me?

Attached: fumis.jpg (734x1052, 673K)

it was nice to have a high quality discussions with my fellow men of culture

Attached: 36163990_p0.jpg (595x816, 114K)

Possibly. Have you been in these threads since before RB came out? If so, I hope life's been comfy for you, user.

Nah, that wasn't me then. I beat the game a while ago but it was out for a bit even before then.

Attached: fumi 9.jpg (850x1200, 171K)

I want to kiss Airi’s tummy.

Attached: 22D76DCD-DF73-40E8-84C8-F4A7864DF08C.jpg (370x500, 89K)

Attached: 21123836_p0.jpg (590x700, 399K)

Did she lose her left nipple in some kind of experiment?

Attached: 1529019425604.jpg (1024x768, 125K)

Kama please go

Attached: 21290335_p7_master1200.jpg (577x700, 334K)

this was a nice thread, I hope to catch you all again in the next one
shine on fellow DeSubros

Attached: tumblr_no68aalKEC1qfgn11o1_400.jpg (400x240, 67K)

You too, man.

Attached: 8202A163-A5A7-4884-A15E-DD3D5A92BB33.jpg (2220x1400, 1.01M)

agreed

Attached: tumblr_nu2llzYJRm1sqqtwzo1_540.jpg (540x764, 113K)

best pervert

Attached: 53135249_p1_master1200.jpg (500x700, 379K)

Peaceful thread is over.

Let's survive.

Attached: sako pillow.png (476x733, 307K)

Attached: 62442143_p0.jpg (800x1152, 337K)

>bump limit reached
>image limit reached
nicely done gentlemen!

You gents have been classy.