Why are humans always the worst race in fantasy settings?

Why are humans always the worst race in fantasy settings?

Attached: Wesnoth Humans.jpg (1920x1080, 929K)

Any kino campaings in this game?

If in some parallel universe orcs made fantasy video games, would orcs be the worst race in their fantasy settings?

dwarves > orcs = humans > elves > anything else

the undead one where you start as a lowly bumpkin and end up a lich is godly storytelling.
There is an extended campaign for the elves set in the dessert that is about a settlement which is destroyed by a meteor shower and then leaving to find a new home. It's very choose your own adventure and can end in a lot of different ways with main cast dying or living along with rotating new characters based on your choices, which is also a fucking good fun time.
Why didn't the fucking dragons have a good story mode, god damn

because muh humans bad others good social criticism so much deepness guyz humans are so evil and while all other animals in nature are pure like the duck that only reproduces through rape

maybe try calming down and writing that again so we can actually understand what you're saying

not really because modern orc culture wouldn't be the same as modern human culture
it would be hard to predict what the exact worst race for them would be though

> attack enemy
> 95% chance to hit
> miss
> miss
> miss
> enemy hits me and levels up
> their turn
> attacks me, 50% chance to hit
> I die immediately

>wesnoth
based

learn to roll with the punches
I've learned to accept units dying in shitty ways

Spend so much time on this game in my youth, never finished it tho. I'll love white mages forever.

How is The Dwarves? Apparently it's based on a book?

Attached: the_dwarves_2.jpg (1920x1080, 375K)

Because games with different (non-human) races need a fulcrum around which they're grounded so they feel unique, which is usually humans being the 'jack of all trades' race, which in reality is great, but ends up making them feel meh-tier in most fictional settings

Attached: 1493028336334.png (341x499, 340K)

Good thing warhammer is a nice exception in that the humans have some crazy shit too.

Japan should make the Dwarves just a race full of shotas and lolis that don't age.

but humans are the best in D&D games

>humans have to do crazy shit because they're fucked in a vanilla 1v1

goat trope tbqh

humans always make things worse

I've got some news that might disappoint you, user.

Attached: 168776354.png (943x519, 997K)

elves are pretty bro-tier in wesnoth

that's not a dwarf no matter what you put on that nameplate
a feral race would have no business living inside mountains

Geo is going to be every GW's final boss now.

>a feral race would have no business living inside mountains

Sweetie pls

But user, the feral class is felpur-exclusive.

Attached: SCsj4tu.jpg (610x518, 151K)

You pick human to start out as a relatable character so you can immerse yourself into the world a thousand times better than picking an elf or some garbage like everyone else
Good character designers picks humans because they have the greatest affinity for moral greyzone character development out of all races

>You will never first time explore other WoW races' culture from a human's perspective ever again
Feels so fucking bad

Attached: TwilekVulkar.png (617x458, 238K)

It varies. Originally, they were good because they were the only race that could actually choose classes and continue gaining levels past a certain point, instead of just increasing in attack rank. Later, when demihumans got access to classes, humans were good because they could take any class (and for a while, enjoyed exclusive access to the paladin class before lupins and rakasta got in on the fun), and their level cap was much, much higher - though their multiclass option was pretty lame compared to demihumans'. Then someone decided that demihumans not mattering past a certain experience count was BS, and they created Dragonlance, raising demihuman caps and removing them in some cases. In third, humans were good because they got a feat and a skill point, which were hard to get unless you played very specific classes, but it wasn't much of a competition because in third, every core race that wasn't humans or dwarves kinda sucked. In 4e, humans started off pretty sucky due to getting nothing but weaker stats and an extra at-will, but they eventually got feat support and a better racial option with Heroic Effort. In 5e, baseline humans are remarkable only in that they get +1 to all ability scores, which gives them some solid bonuses with standard array, but otherwise pales in comparison to every other race, to the point that most tables use the variant rule instead, which gives a free feat, a free skill, and a free language, all of which are harder to get than in previous editions.