Could it be ?

the most overrated fucking game of all time ?

Attached: worst pokemon game.jpg (1473x1475, 1.28M)

Other urls found in this thread:

randompokemon.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=Nf6thPK_IUQ&t=210s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not even close. Sonic 1 is way more overrated.

everyone talks fucking shit about sonic 1 you retard, literally every sonic fan in existence, unless you are talking to normalfags that have only played like 2 games in their entire life

>the most overrated fucking game of all time ?
Gen 2/HGSS exists user.

Attached: Difference between Pt:HGSS.png (1997x2916, 971K)

the most homosexual OP of all time ?

it's not even the most overrated in its own series, gen 1,2, and 4 are more overrated

its sad that this shit wouldn't have happened if those faggots didn't try to put kanto in the fucking game and instead used the free space to make johto better.
Anyways atleast its pretty comfy and has alot of post game content, unlike emerald

>gen 1
again, only normalfags that have played only 1 pokemon game think this
>gen 2
read >gen 4
its totally on the top 3 best pokemon games and you cant deny that

Mate, people let Gen 3 slide because of the BF.

gen 1 is fucking garbage

HGSS EMERALD B2W2 ARE THE BEST GAMES BY FAR

nah bro

it is

Aw man, I loved it. Gen 3 graphics are the best stylistically in the series

Platinum, BW, BW2, are the best games in the series because they ain't completely fucked over by bad design like Gen 2's level curve to accommodate Kanto or Gen 3's region's made of water and a shit ton of pokemon that are garbage without the split.

That's a toss up between Bloodborne and The Last of Us

BW and BW2 exist

Why yes I ALSO watched somecallmejohnny's video, thanks for reminding me user!

It's definitely the most overrated Pokemon game. It's also possibly the worst non-shovelware sounding game on the GBA, holy shit.

Overrated for a good reason; they're the series peak.

every pokemon game is overrated
literally babby's first jrpg

That's not:
FFVII
Ocarina of Time 64
Mario 64
Morrowind
Half-Life 1
or
Gen1

So no, it's not overrated

this literally who ?

on Yea Forums it's easily the most overrated pokemon game

SM64 is underrated if anything.

BW sucks ass because before the postgame you have to deal with suffering through the new shitty gen 5 mons exclusively. They got the right idea with BW2 by mixing old mons into the base game.

>uuhhh gen 5 pokemon bad
dont tell me you play with the same pokemon every game

>"Old stuff good! New stuff bad!"

Attached: 1523823750666.jpg (750x750, 61K)

>BW sucks ass because before the postgame you have to deal with suffering through the new shitty gen 5 mons exclusively.
That was the best part, you had to make new teams and find out what worked for you and what didn't.

dont make me post the 2ch chart

does overrated mean bad?

Considering that it's better than remakes made almost 10 years later, I would say no.

It's okay to have nostalgia for the newer games if you're little babies, I don't like the newer designs, no need to cry now.

No, although RSE is ass.

has anyone posted proof that that image wasn't just made by some fag here and he attributed his opinions (which are also the safest opinions to have on Yea Forums and /vp/) to the elevens?

Do it, I want everyone to know 2ch's opinion is worthless.

That shit was fake.

HG/SS made Gen 2 better but it's still shitty Gen 2 with its shitty level curse and two half-finished regions instead of one fully fleshed out one. This is why I hate Gen 2 niggers. The worst part is that they avoid all the Genwunner lynching when they're just as bad.

Someone had that list of Yea Forums's top picks for 2009 and GSC actually made it to the top, which goes to show that this place has always had bad taste.

I came here to post this

Sekiro.

It becomes the best pokemon game to do challenge runs on with the correct randomizer settings

Attached: ghostflareon.png (2200x763, 170K)

wat
??? ghost flareon
what game is this

>peak of a franchise that has sold 300 million copies
I would say no, if only because OoT will always be declared the best game of all time.

more like the /vp/ chart

read the post, randomizer

No I replay this game every year

I did and I dunno what that is
I just waan know what hack has ghost flareon

BEHOLD
THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF THIS BOARD

stop being such a fag
google doesn't even have a single thing on ghost flareon

>R/S league champion uses a powerful team with a unique and intimidating pseudo as ace
>Replace him by the SECOND water type user in Emerald and make his team suck balls

you fucking retard its a RANDOMIZER

I DUNNO WHAT THAT IS

come back when you're 18, little buddy

what Randomier though? I've only ever used the Universersal Randomizer tool and some built in ones for others tools.

Do you not know how to google things?

i did and there wasn't anything about changing faleron to ghost :( but I found this
randompokemon.com/
click the button and see what 6 u get haha

Attached: UUUUU.png (552x336, 14K)

good bait, i fell for it

:( ur not gunna list the six?

>overrated
>76 on metacritic

Pokemon Emerald is from a time before the Nintendo Bonus, back then only the Zelda Bonus existed.

>basing game and some number some pretentious retards gave it
who cares

Who even fucking played this

>the best game in the entire series
>overrated
nah, it's appropriately described

That's not OOT

Not even close. It's not even the most overrated game in the series, that goes to BW.

>It's not even the most overrated game in the series, that goes to HGSS.
Fixed, and not HGSS. Game still has the same issues as GS did back in 1999.

Could it be ?

The most overrated fucking girl of all time?

Attached: 72720811_p4(RGB)(noise_scale)(Level1)(tta)(x2.000000).png (1624x2600, 2.76M)

The equivalent of drawing boobs on stick figures.

man, you hoenniggers are really upset about gen 2 being liked

Wrong. They're one of the best in the series. You being a faggot contrarian who parrots shitty arguments won't change that.

>you have to be a hoenn fanboi to dislike gen 2

Believe me, I agree, but Gen 5 is way more overrated than HGSS. BW make me wanna blow my fucking brains out, they're so mediocre.

>Overrated
Where's Super Smash Bros, Metroid Prime,Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Oddessy?

Agreed

Attached: illust_73178767_20190429_114947.jpg (1125x2436, 2.06M)

>Wrong.
Nah, right.

>You being a faggot contrarian who parrots shitty arguments won't change that.
>defending GF's laziness after a decade of new games to work with
Sad desu.

Yes. Gen 3 is great, but people always say Ruby/Sapphire are unplayable garbage while Emerald is the holy grail, and it's not true. It's actually one of the shittiest third versions.

>defending GF's laziness
Where did I do that? Based Morimoto put as much as he could into the game despite Gamefreak being against it .

>but Gen 5 is way more overrated than HGSS.
Sorry user, but HGSS is a botched job that didn't fix the crap level curve. It was the original KANTOOO before the meme existed thanks to Johto having to share the spotlight. Also, Gen 5 is underrated for not sucking Kanto's dick, which is refreshing to say the least.

Currently replaying it, first time since I was a kid.
It's better than I remembered. It really irons into my head how shit the series has become. I'm getting my shit kicked in by Norman and I don't even have that weak of a team, his team is fucking impressive. Each pokemon is meticulously crafted to challenge you, unlike modern pokemon where a fucking Incineroar is given a fire z crystal and he can't even use the thing because he has no fire moves. Not to mention gym leaders progressively getting worse and worse each generation.
Not saying it's perfect by any means, I think if Platinum had a faster battle system it'd be a better game (still is imo but I can't say that objectively)
I just wish it had the flexibility in building your team later gens have. I feel really cramped trying to use a camerupt because I have to wait until level 40 to teach him a fucking fire move, since he lost ember from being in the day care too long. Future games would let me use a reusable tm as well as almost every pokemon having a much bigger level up move list.

The worst third version was Crystal tho, it's the game that introduced faggotry

I used to say Oot, but now its fortnite

Attached: 1dcb7e65914c0d8ae9912c471bc17bff5edbb05dc7b5c55eac64752b56d2fda6.png (366x245, 91K)

Wrong.
Black2/White2 > Platinum > Emerald > shit > USUM

>You being a faggot contrarian who parrots shitty arguments won't change that.
Legit problems with Gen 2 aren't contrarian memes. Do you really think shit like is okay?

*One of* the shittiest, you goofballs.

>Gen 5 is underrated
In what fucking universe?

>parrots shitty argument
>even parrots some shitty meme for no reason
OBSESSED

>Do you really think shit like
>is okay?
No, I don't think making a bait image filled with shitty reaction images is okay.

crystal is the most soulful pokemon game though

>M-memes
Can't even mount a proper argument because he knows it's true.

BW made it obsolete with Unovan soul.
youtube.com/watch?v=Nf6thPK_IUQ&t=210s

>trying to twist Kanto postgame, the coolest fucking thing ever at the time, into something bad with your retarded KANTOOOO meme
Just fuck off, please. Literally no one thought that was anything but the hypest shit ever at the time.

>r-r-right guys? Please help me.
Tell me what argument to counter then. The bait image?

>at the time.
We all were kids back then. Now? Johto is shallow as hell going back on DS and Virtual Console thanks to Kanto.

I love gen 2 and HG/SS are my favorite games and i love all the additions that weren't present in the originals but GF is retarded for not doing anything to fix objective flaws the original games had, especially since the other games made after the oringal gen 2 games didn't have those flaws either

The level curve.

Thats not Oot

What in that image is incorrect?

I don't see how it could be overrated when people constantly shit on hoenn. If anything is overrated it's the entirety of gen 4 and 5. Gens 6 and 7 are rated accurately at least.

Attached: 1513356437579.jpg (850x1202, 57K)

>tfw people are still unnecessarily mean to ORAS
Did you hate them, Yea Forums?

Attached: Pokémon Omega Ruby-01.jpg (1798x1600, 532K)

>E4 strongers mon is lv 50
>go to Kanto and gyms are lv 45 to lv 55 until you make if to Blue who was lv 55 to lv 60
>go to E4 again and pokemon are lv 58 to lv 75
If you do them in the order you're supposed to, the level curve is not as bad as it's made out to seem.

BW1 are indeed very mediocre, I've only played them once and feel no desire to play them again. BW2 are great, though. Gen 5 in general introduced a lot of QOL features I liked, like being able to use a repel immediately after another runs out, and making TMs not disappear after one use. I was disappointed by the use of the touch screen, though. DPPt had the whole smartwatch with apps thing, which I thought was really cool in 2007. So what do they do in gen 5? Make a thing that I used so rarely that I can't even remember its name. What a waste.

>If anything is overrated it's the entirety of gen 4 and 5.
Those are the best gens thanks to the physical split and infinite tms.

Uninvolved browser here; HGSS had massive level curve/scaling issues but those types of comparison images are still pretty damn embarrassing.

>comparing an game cut into 2 regions with one with only 1 region
>saying "you will be 15 levels higher than everything" is just wrong
The fact that you think the image has an actual argument is baffling.

Go back to your corner

>The fact that you think the image has an actual argument is baffling.
Johto getting crippled for the sake of Kanto is pretty shitty, plus the fact that Kanto is just another boss rush with nothing in-between is a flick to the nuts.

So nothing in the image is actually incorrect? Just making sure. If you avoid multiple trainer and wild battles you will be underleveled in Kanto that much is true.

I'm currently playing through heart gold for the first time. I'm at the elite four and my team is between levels 34-38
I can see you being massively over leveled if you only use one or two pokemon and fight every wild encounter, but who does that and expects the game to be balanced around that?

holy shit. rayquaza wearing lipstick

They're fucking fantastic and the best games to breed on by far

>pretty damn embarrassing
where do you think we are

>f you avoid multiple trainer and wild battles you will be underleveled in Kanto that much is true.
Come on user, if you're going to shitpost, the least you can do is be able to read your bait image.
The image says you (the player) will be 15 levels higher than everything at all times. So you agree with me. Good job shitposting.

That's not even taking into account the wild pokemon who are ten levels behind you. Rematches were such a hassle thanks to that phone gimmick.

>Trying to shift the argument to this one specific point because he knows he can't refute anything else
Okay okay you will only be 10 levels above everything except the first few gym leaders.

I'm currently playing through soul silver for the first time. I'm at the elite four and my team is between levels 45-48. I can see you being massively under leveled if you ran from everything to win an internet argument but who does that and expects it to hold any water?

I genuinely do hate them. I wanted a 3D Hoenn remake for years, so when they were announced, I thought they would be amazing. Instead I got some of the worst graphics I've ever seen in a modern game and a shitload of assets just straight up copied and pasted from X and Y, which themselves were pretty shit, but not as shit. Hoenn deserved better.

Most overrated game? No
there's FFVII and Ocarina of time
Overrated pokemon game? nah

What? You were saying the player would be underleveld here:
>f you avoid multiple trainer and wild battles you will be underleveled in Kanto that much is true.
You can't just change your argument out of nowhere. At least be consistent with your shitposting.

>I'm currently playing through soul silver for the first time.
My condolences.

Are you stupid? Those two statements don't contradict each other at all. If you intentionally try to underlevel you will be underleveled. God you're a retard, I can't get over how braindead you have to be to think those are too conflicting things.

That title belongs to OOT.

>nothing in-between
What about the various trainers, gym leaders, and dungeons added to the game? Do they not count?

nice try, but who the fuck fights every wild pokemon they encounter? the only reason you'd do that is if you plan on steamrolling through the game with just your starter, in which case you shouldn't be surprised when things are easy
you're either constantly running or constantly using repel. quit being a retard

This. Johtards are like genwunners without the persecution of true genwunners.

>image says the player will be OVERleveld
>faggot says nothing in the image is incorrect and that the player UNDERleveld
>gets proven wrong
>faggots now says the player will be OVERleveled
>gets proven wrong again
>faggot claims he's not contradicting himself and goes back to saying the player will be UNDERleveled

Attached: brainlet.jpg (645x729, 48K)

I do. I use a team of six and fight every wild pokemon that gets in my way unless I'm low on PP and out of Ethers. It makes caves a bitch and a half but it also means no fight in any Pokemon game has ever given me trouble. In fact, if you fight every battle you come across in 90% of JRPGs you will never need to grind at any point.

Muh level curv is a literal brainlet argument because due to EVs and badge stat boosts your shit will always have a fuckton more stats than your opponent's regardless of level, a proper level curve would just make you earn more exp and make the "jumps" in level found in the league and Red mean nothing.
Fun fact, Light Ball aside, a level 65 Pikachu owned by you will be as strong as Red's Pikachu if not stronger in GSC.

You're fucking retarded dude. You will be overleveled if you play through the game normally. You will be underleveled if you try to do some bizarre challenge run to BTFO of "haters" or however the fuck you played through the game to end up with a team of mid high 30s by the Johto E4

>What about the various trainers, gym leaders, and dungeons added to the game?
Boss Rush. There's only the gym leaders and trainers to fight, and the new areas still have barely offer any new content other a handful of new pokemon. There's no drive other than to fight, no new stadium like in the pokelathon and the BF.

Nobody wants to fight weak shit trainers or gym leaders. That is the whole point of this.

The image said you will be overleveled through the whole game, which is blatantly false. You claimed the image was correct, which means that you were wrong.

You will be overleveled in Kanto yeah. Why is your reading comprehension so bad?

>Boss Rush
>RUSH
There's fucking dozens upon dozens of trainers to fight in every route. That's not a boss rush.
Also, the BF is only accessible after you beat the game. It would make no difference if it was in Kanto.

Johtofags are worse, they're cucks who are happy to be the springboards to Kanto.

The hole point is to just fight from point A to point B, Johto had the story line involving Rocket but Kanto has none of that which makes it even more barren then it was originally.

Are you fucking retarded? There's literally no way to have a full team be a higher level (50) than Lance's Dragonite without grinding for hours. Then when you get to Kanto, there first gym leaders you can access have pokemon from level 45 to around 55.

What about the Magnet Train storyline? What about the Suicune storyline?

Alright so you're clearly too stupid to get this and this is a waste of my time so I'm just going to respond with :/ to your retarded ass. Feel free to take this as a victory if you want.

Sad.

I'm not that guy but I'm the one who has the 34-38 team at the elite 4
I didn't do anything crazy. I fought wild pokemon at the beginning, but I stopped once I got a good selection of pokemon and gyms stopped being a problem. I did fight every trainer

Attached: e4.png (642x1019, 27K)

:/

What if you miss out on a new Pokemon though?

>What about the Magnet Train storyline?
That was more of fetch quest. I'll give you Suicune.

>grinding for hours.
The HGSS experience.

Yeah but there was no way to avoid it pre the EV system renewal and the removal of badge boosts since you gained way more from fighting than the NPCs.

ITS TIME

Attached: 0ff.jpg (1652x2441, 298K)

I still encounter them. since I'm on an emulator it's easy enough to fast forward and run quickly, so I don't bother with repels
plus I've played silver and crystal before. even though it was 18 years ago, I still kind of remember where pokemon are. plus bulbapedia exists if I want to make things soulless which I do because I can't help myself

I didn't know you could find the legendary beasts in FRLG until bulbapedia told me to be honest.

OH FUG

Attached: 1547606562148.jpg (772x1024, 103K)

There was a way to avoid it: drop Kanto like the leech it is and develop Johto properly.

wait, so is the level curve such garbage that you'll be 15 levels overleveled within no time and the game will be a breeze (which was the initial claim in this thread
or is it a grindfest to get your pokemon to the required levels
those are mutually exclusive. it's strange that people would say both things in the same thread.

>develop johto properly
>still have way more stats because I earn more EXP by fighting stronger opponents

It's one guy shitpoting.

For one thing, the golden rod radio tower fight is barely even halfway through the game, so using it as an example for a fight against a baddie isn't good. Instead you should use Red as a good example of a fight against a bad guy. If you want a fair comparison, try showing blue's team versus candice instead as well.
The difference between these two games is the sheer amount of content that goes with it. By the time you face the elite 4, you're only halfway through the game. That is why it's so revered, that's why people enjoy it, for HG/SS is pokemon in it's purest form

>That is why it's so revered, that's why people enjoy it, for HG/SS is pokemon in it's purest form
Platinum and BW2 exist mate, and they’re better games than HGSS because they actually built on the predecessor instead of halfassing it like GF did for Gen 2.

:/

It’s hard as fuck to make a proper team because the learnsets are still trash, and the rematch system is a hassle to use. You’re better off grinding taurus outside the Safari Zone to get Typhlosion to level 42 for Flamethrower then waiting literally days for a rematch.

>final team rocket fight is a rocket executive
>giovanni doesn't count

>7th gym of 16 is easier than 7th gym of 8

Obviously the physical/special split fucked with a lot of the design decisions from the defensive, tactical Gen 2 when porting HGC to later Gens with their preference for banal sweep movesets and garbage stat modifiers, and the final result for HGSS feels like the player has access to all of the blatantly powercreeped moves from later generations while the opponents are stuck using the gimped Gen2 versions of moves like Blizzard (the 120/70 version, not even the original 120/90 version) instead of the blatantly superior Gen4 moves like the 120/100 avalanche.

>Can't get Houndour until Kanto
>Can't get Misdreavus until Mount Silver
>Larvitar (not even Pupitar but Larvitar) is post game only
What were they thinking?

Why would a limited time event that isn't normally part of the game count?

They weren’t.

Just because gamefreak are retarded and locked the main plot behind time limited DLC in every single gen 4 game doesn't mean that those fights didnt happen

*DLC
sorry, I should specify, locked content on the cartridge that is only opened by a DLC item triggering the flag to unlock the content

you can actually get misdreavus in the safari zone in a forest area and larvitar in a mountain area in hgss, but yeah the distribution of johto pokemon was a bit shit

Gamefreak were really weird about ghost types for a little while
>The disaster that was Gengar in Gen 1
>Aforementioned Misdreavus
>A lot of people didn't even know Chimeco existed in Gen 3
>Spiritombs nonsense in Gen 4

>What were they thinking?
that catching them all should actually be a difficult experience involving hunting down the pokemon locations and not just repeating the same simple chore of wait for X herd go to Y 300 times over. Unfortunately, the response to gen 3 going off the deep end into insanity with 'mon like feebas caused every subsequent gen to turn in the other direction and give you every pokemon you want for free

That has nothing to do with one of only two ghost types only being available in a post game area friend. Murkrow also has a weird placement in Gen 2 if I recall correctly.

yeah he's only available in kanto in gsc
hgss added the bandaid of him being in the safari zone so you can get him before beating the elite four

Red is literally the only challenging fight in the game, and that's strictly because you have absolutely nowhere to level after fighting Blue(who's highest level is 60, and Red's LOWEST is 80, mind you the champion of the previous region is level 48ish, meaning there's only a 12 level difference from the end of one region to the next, with a 20 level jump for the champ)

>Red is literally the only challenging fight in the game
go load up a rom and stream yourself beating up to ghost gym

Are we really pretending Pokemon has ever been challenging?

>emerald
>the most overrated fucking game of all time
You're like a little baby
Watch this

Attached: black-2-white-2-full-gb.png (640x342, 396K)

Morty was a breeze user thanks to commons Pokémon like rattata having Bite.

Gen 2 early game is perhaps the only time Pokemon has ever been challenging (outside of the console games like stadium and >XD)

BW2 actually deserves the praise. It’s the last good game in the series.

Only if you pick Chikorita.

Gen 2 is only challenging if you intentionally gimp yourself. FRLG was harder than Gen 2.

Croconaw has bite, there are a fuckton of normal types around ecruteak(Girafarig is immune to ghost AND has psychic stab for SE damage on the gastly line)

ocarina of time is the most overrated video game of all time. objectively.

Also if I remember correctly there's a TM for Shadow Claw right outside of the town

Holy shit this guys a retard

>>A lot of people didn't even know Chimeco existed in Gen 3
chimecho is psychic

Huh I swear it used to be ghost. Mandela effect I guess.

>Chimecho
Is a Psychic-type.
Which only proves your poine