Each of the trilogies did something better than the other two

>Mortal Kombat 1, 2, and 3
>Best characters

>Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Deception, and Armageddon
>The best atmosphere and tone

>Mortal Kombat 9, 10, and 11
>The best story

Prove me wrong.

Attached: R-8379698-1476868695-7384.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 158K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f4i1GfRkN-Y
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/425216552/
youtu.be/2wQpxqxxUMk?t=434
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Best characters

>Mortal Kombat Deception
>The best atmosphere, tone, and story

>The best Zoomer Boomer to Boomer transition of the kharakters

Prove me wrong.

>MK9
>best story
As an MK lorefag since the 90s I'll have to ask you to go fuck yourself

>9,10, and 11
>best story
what the fuck world are you living on? Also I would argue the 3D era had some of the best designs of the klassic characters.

>best characters
you mean the second trilogy who gave us this hottie, right?

Attached: hsu hao.png (253x225, 116K)

>The best story

Attached: image.png (500x211, 99K)

Is Deadly Alliance, Deception, and Armageddon worth checking out?

Not sure about DA, but deception and Armageddon are pretty cool. you can make our own character in the latter

this. Armaggedon Sub-zero and Scorpion were top-notch. I don't get why they went with those shitty cardboard looks for Sektor and Smoke when the alternative costumes were so much better...

Attached: sektor.jpg (250x302, 17K)

Deadly Alliance has a terrible story mode which is just an arcade mode in all but name. Deception is the best out of that era, and Armageddon is more of a mixed bag when it comes to liking it or not. I myself gave Deadly Alliance a Mixed reception because the opening, lore, and presentation was great, Deception's amazing, and Armageddon is great for juicy lorefag interpretation even if the beat em up style is kind of wack at times.

Not really no the fighting gameplay is a bit dated but the only thing going for it was deception konquest mode with its cheesy to downright bad voice acting which sets the atmosphere and setting for it which was more grittier than the other MK games and deadly alliance before it was more a test game like a street fighter II to champion edition

I only played Armageddon and I loved it. Why don't any fighting games have as many characters? MK 11 looks pretty high quality except for the roster. It seems boring.

Speaking about the newer Mortal Kombats, is it just the younger designers being hired or is the supernatural mystique kind of gone? I remember the dark, brooding priests, and the terrifying zombies that actually made me scared. Only other company that could do that was Capcom's zombies. Hell even when the zombies were involved in MK9's tower I was still scared and nervous when I saw them. I'm kind of glad that the resurrected fighters were revenants instead of zombies because at least they got terrible designs as revenants instead of potentially full shit your pants spooky zombie designs. Zombie Kung Lao would make me freak out as much as Zombie Liu Kang did.

Yeah i kind of miss that feeling the old games had.

Seeing Zombie Liu Kang walk out in the intro to Armageddon was frightening as shit.

Some of them were more cut and paste when it comes to move sets allowing them to reuse moves for some of the filler ranks. Boon and krew want to stop that by doing variations, but that means the size of the kast would be more limited since more resources would be put into the variations of each kombatant instead of making new ones with unique movesets.

9 10 11 have better characters than 3D but I did like the atmosphere in the 3D games

this. i remember playing Armageddon first and being amazed by the gigantic roster (even though half the characters were forgetable 3d era crap). since, every MK roster seems underwhealming to me. i guess they could include that many characters because they didn't design personalized fatalities for all of them in MKA...
>is the supernatural mystique kind of gone?
we got older user. before, it was just you and the game. mysterious chanting and dark monks in the background while you fought against bizarre ninjas and demons. now you have the internet, you know everything about a game before it even comes out, you know the lore, the characters, the setting, everything.

The krypt in mk11 has that feel

>Talk with Liu Kang's ghost in Deception
>Pretty much goes "Yeah shit's fucked up Raiden's chained up my undead body in a temple and sometimes when he visits you can see he wants to cry"
>UNLOCKED ZOMBIE LIU KANG
>Interesting, wonder what his bio says, how looks, and how he plays
>My fucking face when

Attached: 1556392834666.jpg (450x600, 41K)

nope, the middle ones were shit
hell the early ones were shit too but at least they had soul
I'm just sad that X will be known as a shit game just because it was close to 11, I loved it.

How many times has Hsu Hao died now.

>Conveniently leaving out MK4, the best title in the franchise
nice

Attached: 1529065-mk4_box.png (833x960, 860K)

Once in Deadly Alliance, once in Armageddon, once in the MKX comic book, and then finally one more time im MK11.

Maybe it's still there but I just forgot. Now that I thunk about it, the krypt in MK10 still had some of that feeling in it left. Maybe it was just MK10 that made me remember about how it all used to be.
Haven't played it yet because I always get the kollector's edition when it comes out. Really excited and want to play it so in order to not but it I've been playing other games in the mean time.

The coolest aspect about Zombie Liu Kang is that he was kept as a secret character with little to no mention he was a thing before the game's release. Goes to show how much stuff is spoiled for us nowadays because you just know he'd be used plenty for promo material leaving no wonder or surprise once you unlock him. I found it very disappointing that he could not use his chains in battle though.

The gameplay is pretty lackluster but they have plenty of content. Overall Deception is the best one since it plays pretty much like an improved DA and Armageddon makes a lot of weird decisions like removing individual fatalities in favor for some shitty "make your own fatality" mechanic, it has the most characters though.

why do they hate him so much? yeah he's not that original but hell he's better than Hotaru or that bald chink with a ponytail

Would Armageddon be worth emulating on Dolphin via the Wii version? I got the PS1 version of Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy to keep on standby with Retroarch even though i'm fucking terrible at the series.

I think it's the whole being a discount Kano thing. In a game that Kano was already in.

The Chaos/Orderrealm characters besides Havik are all quite dry though yes.

Kinda amusing giving Havik was thrown together out of a Noob Saibot alt costume the devs liked so much they slammed leftover Shang and Quan Chi data to make him.

yeah why not. Just dont expect to be blown away by the game. it's literally just all of MK's assets dumped into 1 game. The single player story adventure is also lackluster.

>even though i'm fucking terrible at the series.
Don't worry about that, the MKs of that era had bullshit ai.

MK1 2 3
>hands down best
The rest
>meh
MK11
>Not on ramadan m8

I get MK X and MK 11 not being good but what’s wrong with 9’s story?

I keep hearing that MK has a cool lore but I've only played these games casually and almost never finished the arcade/story modes for most characters. What's the best way to replay each MK game?

Tell me about it. I tried UMK3 on the easiest difficulty and then the very first fight had perfect grabs and counters for everything I did because the devs were assholes. Fucking Midway.

Holy fucking shit did that fucker scare me and made me so sad to see him like this. Fuck it, I'm gonna post some of the Deception loading screens even though I should be finishing up a presentation I gotta present in the morning. Posted them before once but that was pre mk11 release.

Attached: Nightmare face.jpg (2048x2048, 371K)

"he must win"
also Sindel somehow being more powerful than everyone but Raiden and Shao Khan Shang Tsung's soul doesn't help, he was a fucking jobber

>Play with emulator as a kid
>If you jump at the start of the round the AI does the perfect counter move to it almost each time
>If you don't jump it immediately runs and throws you

Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy if you want some sprite goodness. Shaolin Monks if you wanna see a crazy as hell crash course on the early history that's not even canon. From there you can check out Deadly Alliance just to see how it iffy 3d was before they improved on it while checking out the krypt, bios, and silly stuff such as Cooking with Scorpion, then Deception and Armageddon.

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (1161x426, 833K)

Attached: Screenshot_2.png (1163x420, 1.05M)

>that's not even canon.

Probably is canon now with the time fuckery.

Attached: Screenshot_3.png (1162x425, 1.19M)

I remember that with MKA's damage system you coul peel his face's skin off by attacking him with a sword. It made him even creepier

Shit you're right I totally forgot. A shame I can't play it yet. So excited!

Attached: Screenshot_4.png (1163x425, 996K)

>resets the timeline twice
>best story
Retard.

Morbidly curious now. I never slashed him up with a sword before since I never really picked to fight against him or maybe I blocked it out. Any vids?

Attached: Screenshot_5.png (1163x427, 1.23M)

It's pretty nice tho user, give it a shot.

Attached: Screenshot_6.png (1164x424, 836K)

MKDA's cooking Scorpion vs MKA's dancing chibi Sub-Zero. Who would win?

Attached: TediousMildHairstreakbutterfly-size_restricted.gif (336x252, 2.35M)

Ok I’ll agree with the Sindel part. That scene was bullshit

Attached: Screenshot_7.png (1165x422, 749K)

That's hilarious! I don't know how I ever missed that. I'd go with cooking Scorpion unless chibi Sub-Zero has higher dexterity.

Attached: Screenshot_8.png (1163x422, 1.04M)

literally me, I'm a sucker for story and Mortal Kombat, amazingly, has a good setting with the realms (especially Outworld) and etc. If only they expanded that in other media such as spin-off books then they could really use the setting as advantage.

Attached: Screenshot_9.png (1164x421, 1.22M)

Not that I know of. It's one of those silly details you discover when you're a kid with not that many games to play on your Ps2. I remember setting up a PvP fight against zombie Liu Kang, slashing his face a bunch, letting him win and seeing his exposed skull face up close when his Victory Animation played

Attached: Screenshot_10.png (1169x421, 1.04M)

That's not even the full animation. I remember using it for cheeky AMVs back in the day. It's from the MKA krypt

Definitely gonna try and remember this. I'll try and pop the game into my PS2 in the next few days.

Attached: Screenshot_11.png (1162x420, 1.04M)

whatever happened to that guy anyway was he secretly scorpion

MK9 is my favorite MK and the best roster. Going back to 2D was 10/10

Attached: 1555857139212.png (2000x2829, 2.24M)

Found it on youtube, I'm definitely gonna play this with I'm Blue and Goro's song from the Mortal Kombat album.

Attached: Screenshot_12.png (1164x425, 997K)

If I remember correctly it was originally an alt costume for Scorpion but the team thought it was too ugly and caveman like for Scorpion, so they made him out to be the previous champion of the Elder Gods, which Shujinko killed, letting Scorpion be their new errand boy.

Attached: Screenshot_13.png (1164x425, 1.12M)

Attached: Screenshot_14.png (1164x427, 1.29M)

Attached: Screenshot_15.png (1163x425, 1.02M)

Attached: Screenshot_16.png (1161x417, 924K)

Attached: Screenshot_17.png (950x708, 1.33M)

What's your favorite MK gibberish line?

Forgot to give the ending part of that sentence
>as if the world was passing him by.
Here's the rest of Dudebro time with Nightwolf.
>Through Nightwolf's teachings, Shujinko expanded his consciouness and heightened his awareness.

Attached: Screenshot_18.png (956x721, 1.54M)

>until he was finally brought to a holding cell. His day in court had arrived.

Attached: Screenshot_19.png (954x726, 1.41M)

>26 years
>Still fighting and still not playable

Attached: Pit.png (2048x1152, 2.52M)

So who the fuck is this douchebag? Shujinko 2.0?

This one is the final one and it shows the ending card for Onaga's scrapped ending.
youtube.com/watch?v=f4i1GfRkN-Y
And that's that anons. Time to continue not finish up my presentation and continue having fun in this thread.
The noise Liu Kang would make whenever he did his bicycle kick!

Attached: Screenshot_20.png (1017x399, 962K)

Some random explorer, a literal nobody

Blaze would probably be cool, Hornbuckle just sounds dumb

Gay, NRS lost their touch.

This screen just reminds me of the Metal Mortal Kombat leak.
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/425216552/
Could you imagine if they really did do an Assassins Creed: Origins like Konquest mode? You'd walk to The Pit just like in the image, and from far away you just see Blaze and Hornbuckle continue their eternal fight. Maybe you could go to them and start an event.

youtu.be/2wQpxqxxUMk?t=434

7:14 in case it doesn't work. I'd post a screen but it looks better in motion. It may appear more than once across the video but I didn't watch through the whole thing.

Attached: 1402020516664.jpg (272x448, 28K)

i kinda miss that every character has 3 forms to fight, trolling my cousings with reptile Crab pose

>guys fighting in the background of The Pit 1 and not The Pit 2

They made them into bayformers

but where is the spike pit

Attached: image.jpg (480x480, 39K)

AHHHHEUGH. Good thing I'm not a young tyke anymore. That really would have spooked me back then. Just like Mileena's victory animation in Deception, where seeing Mileena's teeth through her veil gave me a mini heart attack.

>2000 years ago
>A manbeast was born
>On a distant planet
>They named him Goro

>8 feet tall with four arms of terror

>This outworld Prince, half human-half dragon
>Was trained to fight, to conquer, to rule

>Goro!

was 9 a fluke?

Attached: mk9.png (735x526, 707K)

>Zombie Goro rises

whats with you guys

Nah. They still look colorful and interesting while being more complex and stylized. Bayformers are just gray blobs of metal with some color here and there

Lmao he looks like Michael Jackson

You forgot that DA, Deception, Armageddon era were the most jam packed with content which is highly underrated. Some people here don't appreciate the fact that these 3D games were so clunky and shitty but still manages to be so good because videogame content. Also, they had amazing stages and memorable music for a MK game.

>MORTAL Kombat
>no one stays dead

Attached: 1525156057541.jpg (468x306, 14K)

Even if someone stays dead, they'll be back.

Attached: 1555798191672.png (238x314, 154K)

shit i thought i was the only one who was terrified of zombie liu kang back then, i was kind of a pussy as a kid and couldn't even look at the character select screen right after i unlocked him

It's Mortal as in non deities duking it out. The fights themselves a magical event created by the giga nigga gods, they're pretty much fighting games given life. Since their abilities and techniques are infused into what we'd call "stamina", allowing wounds and stabs that would kill any normal man to survive and not be hazed at all. That's what let Quan Chi choke out Shang Tsung until he spit up blood without fear of him dying in Deception's intro. They engaged in Mortal Kombat, Shang Tsun ran out of "stamina", but he gets back up after a supposedly fatal blow. That's why Raiden was a dick when he entered the tournament in MK1. He was gonna win by default since his "stamina" is quite literally Elder God tier.

It's okay user, that was all of us too. Even in MK9, everyone was a bit unnerved by THIS.

Attached: Ladder2_Zombie_(MK9).png (255x207, 37K)

or just reboot the universe

I was more terrified by the krypt demon jumpscare in 9 desu. But in retrospect, zombie Liu Kang was fucking goofy since it is just normal liu kang with chains and a zombie skin but his voice and movement all looked like his normal self, but I guess that's what made him even more unnerving back then, kind of otherwordly.
We will never get the kind of atmosphere the original and ps2 era trilogies had again, AAA game design nowadays is way too enamoured with "realism" to care about that kind of mystique and stylization, not to mention social medias and modern marketing, I guess it got kind of close with 11 in some specific aspects but for the most part it feels more like DCU than anything else.
Fuck, I want to go back...

It's okay user. Become a Shujinko bro, and with the reset timeline, we'll enjoy konqiest mode all over again.

Attached: 2znogr8fv8d21.jpg (640x489, 32K)

raiden was at peak coolness in deception

Funny you say that, I always liked Shujinko, though I can see why most people hate him

>MK9 story is just a rest and rehash of the first three games
>MK 10 story is the most original but is noithing but ass pulls
>MK 11 is just another reset

>The best story

Attached: 1553531153795.jpg (445x436, 35K)

In my opinion 9 was the best in modern times (ps2 and later).

I was so disappointed by X, 11 is much better aside from the Tower bullshit, but 9 really was the best.

Test your X, a hand made and mostly good challenge tower, great roster, a really cool story, still had slut ninjas, etc.

Woah... you're totally right...

Attached: 1454350542792.png (222x227, 7K)

So is MK12 just going to be yet another different take on the first three games' stories?

>Also, they had amazing stages and memorable music for a MK game.
Hell yeah, the 3d era stages deserve more praise, they were all interesting as fuck. I also really liked how the blood splatters would stay on the ground for the entirety of a match.

Opinions on Baraka’s new banner gimmick?
Opinions on Baraka’s alignment following the story?
Opinions on Baraka?

What disappointed you about x?

9 is literally 1-3 with a couple changes here and there that don't truly amount to jackshit.

Baraka was pretty spooky back in the day. You'd thunk he was competent and when he showed up you knew some monks would die or some shit. Now that the franchise entries are all AAA titles he just feels lackluster, just like Reptile too sadly enough.

Best jobber

This thread reminds me of the the comfy threads before the reveal.

Attached: 1556233800152.jpg (500x531, 42K)

baraka’s now kitana kahn’s butt-buddy and that’s too gay for me to handle

He got some mad respect in this game
He’s officially Shao Khan’s right hand man, he gets more of a personality, and he gets actual respect from the characters

I am the only one that really likes MK11 aside all the micro transaction bullshit? Like the core gameplay.

And theyre told terribly

I fucking hate how they try to make the newer games as this grandiose cinematic thing in the story when it's just barely better than a trash DC movie in writting and tone, only more violent but it doesn't feel like the old games at all
AAA games were a mistake

I enjoyed the gameplay but I just can't get behind the microtransaction shit and the artstyle changes

short answer is we don't know, but it's a safe bet it will just be "universe is doomed" and "here are the core 8 with some from the other 11 installments and OC doughnuts"

I've been emulating and it works fine for me. My only gripe is the GameCube controls.

What is the deal with one being?

Imagine if you were just chilling on your bed but bedbugs phase into existence and cut you up into six pieces. Now you're unconscious and these bed bugs are just chilling on your bed as the new top dogs. They knoe you're gonna be pissed off at them and you'll destroy the insects they created on your comfy bed. That's pretty much the one being and and why Onaga looks so comfy in that scrapped ending.

>All three have awful dogshit gameplay

zoomers cant even imagine the time when mk had huge single player story driven games in the series.

this

>Shaolin Monks
>The only one that's good

Attached: s-l640.jpg (450x640, 85K)

That's been wiped out user

based and shaolinpilled

Baraka and Reptile need to form a Deadly Alliance... of jobbers

Well the single player content was loads worse. As someone who mostly plays fighting games as a local competitive thing with friends I really appreciated a good single player experience. So the story being worse and the lack of the really cool challenge tower from 9 was a strike against it.

I kinda dislike how "dark" it felt as well. Mk9 had lots of bright colours and silliness which mkx toned down. 11 I feel like is between mk9 and mkx in terms of that.

I'm not a hugely good fighting game player but 9 felt better to play than mkx to me in terms of my ability to pick it up and sort of intuitively get at least an idea of what to do. Mk11 is much better than mkx but I can't really compare it to mk9 as I can't properly understand what made mkx feel worse than mk9.

>End of MKX Raiden gives Liu Kang and Kitana Shinnok's head
>MK11 starts with Raiden torturing Shinnok
>Cuts his head off
>Just leaves it in his tower
>Kronica comes and takes it
>Liu Kang and Kitana somehow have the head after this
>Even though Kronica shows up after their head-powered army gets destroyed and they have no idea who she is, meaning she didn't give it to them prior

Attached: 1556342271386.jpg (905x881, 266K)

Why does Kano look like Euron Greyjoy and why do I love it?

I honestly love the story, I mean you can tell there are writer differences and some internal strife, but I loved it. I love the gameplay. The WB Krypt shit just blows super hard.

>not understanding that the timeline you're seeing is not the same one we saw at the end of the MK10 despite being nearly identical

This is evident by the past versions of the characters appearing and looking different than their MK9/10 counterparts, which makes it a separate timeline, hinted by the variations of Raiden/Liu Kang during their multiversal fight sequence.

But Kitana and Liu Kang's army is powered by Shinnok's head. Yet Kronica has Shinnok's head in the prior scenes.

Different timelines. You're seeing multiple timelines throughout the game crossing and intersecting. Remember Jacqui and Young Jax also save Jax on Shang Tsung's island only for him to show up near Kronika's fortress on Kharon's boat.

Also it's MK, the story has never been entirely too consistent, don't think about it too much. Just assume its timelines and inter-sectional crossing.

She hadn't started the merger at that point. There is a very specific point where she does that.

She doesn't take his head, she leaves it there and says this wasn't her plan for Shinnok. Raiden then delivers it to Liu Kang, then 2 years pass and here we are.

Right. I suppose that can make sense.

That's what happens. Why the fuck Raiden gave it to Liu Kang knowing he'd just use it to siphon and get stronger, idk.

Should I even bother buying MK11 if I don't want to play the single player story and know nothing about MK lore other than the 2 movies?

I just want to hop in and play a new fighting game

Attached: 43523457899.jpg (450x335, 18K)

Didn't she get motaros soul

Not on PC. Hell, don't even bother unless you have a PS4 specifically.

Too be fair, "dead" characters usually skip the next game, meaning fans have to wait around 6 years to play that character again.
Therefore i would say that death in MK has an actual impact. At least it was before the retarded timetravel/reset of MK11

>best atmosphere and tone

Nah 3 had the best.

Honestly all of the other MK games are trash compared to 9 and X (haven't played 11 yet)

She got Shang Tsung's which is why she was so powerful.

You don't need to know anything, but the gameplay is sluggish and you can't even use all characters abilities, intros, fatalities, etc if you're not willing to let your AI fight for dozens of hours (yes, your AI, not you yourself) or spend hundreds of dollars.

Is Baraka a Wolverine type of guy? Was he experimented on?

He's the only Tarkatan with metal arm blades. Did he go through an Outworld Weapon X program?

So you have to put a CPU vs CPU match for hours to unlock things?

Are the characters all already unlocked?

Baraka is a mutant I believe, so yes, technically he is Wolverine. He just has a freak genetic mutation where they're metal rather than bone, which allowed him to rise up and quell the rebellion and become leader.

What I don't understand is that if it was so easy to sway Baraka to the good guy's side by offering him civil rights, why they didn't do that before, or hell why Sheeva (the one who was Kitana's jailor/execution deliverer in 9) is so buddy buddy with Kitana now. I mean I don't mind either as it makes both of them a tad more interesting, especially Sheeva who was a fucking nothing character, but strange choices.

Ed Boon and Warner Bros. have come to you for the MK12 story and reboot. It has to feature a total of 12 characters, you are to be the new John Tobias. You have to give new background stories to all characters you include.

What characters do you include and whats the story/backstories?

>What I don't understand is that if it was so easy to sway Baraka to the good guy's side by offering him civil rights, why they didn't do that before
Because Mortal Kombat runs on FIGHT.

Kitana was ltierally the only character who actually tried talking because everyone else is retarded meatheads.

Yeah but we got Shao Khan vs. Kotal Khan thanks to that and it was fucking great, same with Liu Kang vs. Raiden.

>10 and 11
>best story
The story in X was fucking awful. 11 was a bit better but still soulless as fuck. 9 was the only game that had a satisfying story, and that's mostly due to the great roster and stages, but also because gaming wasn't as infected with retarded shit back then...plus the story was based on the first 3 games which had actual personality and tone.

I wouldn't change much about the story other than just making Raiden/Fujin actual Elder Gods, no point that they aren't to be honest.

The story though would involve shao khan and shang tsung being the 'heroes' in an effort to enact a mortal kombat tournament to take over realms and stop Liu kang's control over time to the point its fucking their lives up now.

>So you have to put a CPU vs CPU match for hours to unlock things?
yes, because the later challenges that unlocks shit are so unfair, that only an input reading AI can win it, not even exaggerating here.
>Are the characters all already unlocked?
Shao Khan was pre-order, so you probably have to pay for him and Frost can be unlocked after 4 chapters of story mode, which is easy

>MK1
Scorpion doesn't kill Bi-Han and Raiden resurrects his family, this causes Quan Chi to divert his plans, he resurrects Sindel which ires Shao Khan's wrath and it turns into Shao Khan teaming up with Liu Kang against Quan Chi and Shinnok and shit.

Also we find out whether Shao Khan and Jade's energy shit is the same as Johnny Cage's. Because three different realms have he same shit, Outworld, Edenia, and Earthrealm, so it makes me wonder if Jade/Shao Khan are their realm equivalents to Illyrian Warriors.

1 and 2: Scorpion, Sub-Zero.

3: New god, based on Chernobog, he's like Noob Saibot but he becomes the fighters shadow to mimic them and can summon any fighters shadow, he is the boss.

4: Africa Man avatar of Anansi who can spin webs and summon spider legions.

5: New York tough guy wop greaseball mobster who can call in the boys to work you over.

6: New Shokan who uses four different weapons simultaneously.

7: Irish, celtic type luck of the irish motherfucker from some other realm who is literally powered by alcohol and she drinks alcohol to power up her superpowers. Female for waifu bait sales.

8. Thor

9. One of those Shang Tsung island guards but as a character and he has some of Shang Tsungs powers

10. A variation on the kung fu bruce lee guy, but its a cyborg Lin Kuei dude who was designed simply to be the ultimate kung fu bruce lee guy. Cyborg Bruce Lee, he can turn his own head into nunchucks or some shit and his hands have pistons for rapid one inch punches.

11. The Great Kung Lao for once

12. Scorpions wife who comes back as a vengeful spirit here to kick his ass for fucking up on getting them rez'd like fucking 8 different times because he's a retard.

>Best era
>Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Deception, and Armageddon
>best content (konquest)
>best graphics and new characters
IMO

Raiden, Liu Kang, Sub-Zero/Ku, Hanzo, Reptile, Shang Tsung, Cage, Sonya, Jax, Kano, Ermac, Rain

Just make it Lang/Hasashi buddy cop adventures. I want more of that.

Both fatalities are usable by default, the second one only has a hidden input until you "unlock" it. The gameplay is good, if you enjoyed mk9 or 10 then it's a good progression and lots of pros have been having fun with it. Character abilities are entirely unlocked, too.
Literally no gameplay features are locked behind grindfest, just cosmetics. Yes, that goes for characters - the only two exceptions so far are Shao Kahn for mtx/pre order bonus, and Frost who is unlocked after getting about/less than a third of the way through the story mode, which is probably a half hour if you skip cutscenes.
The AI thing he's talking about is going into the Towers of Time mode, which is sets of arcade-mode-esque towers that have unique modifiers and reward you with character/weapon skins and currencies to use in the Krypt. You can choose to either play them out yourself, or you can allow an AI that you tweak the behavior of to fight for you. A good player can outpace the AI or beat things that it can't.

Honestly I loved the game and all the callbacks to MK1, but killing Sektor/Cyrax off like that so easily, especially Sektor suicide bombing, and Hanzo off. So stupid, I mean it doesn't matter with a reboot now, but Scorpion as Hanzo was so much better.

Mortal kombats story is pants on head retarded. It's getting to kingdom hearts levels of bullshit.

And I love them both for our wild and convoluted they've gotten, its beautiful.