So I just finished Persona 5 and I am considering checking out Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne...

So I just finished Persona 5 and I am considering checking out Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne. Anything I should know before hand?

Attached: 3bcf295d8e71dbb3.jpg (413x387, 26K)

Hee ho

Well you're in for another snooze fest so enjoy I guess ?

Make sure you level up luck as much as possible

Build for STR not MAG

LUK does not determine crit chance, so it's kind of useless.

Hard mode will kick your ass for a while so consider difficulty carefully

Keep the Pixie you get at the beginning of the game, you can fuse her but keep track of what she fuses into throughout the game. It's worth it.

Use buffs retard.

Get the fuck outta here

massive virgin alert steer clear folks

don't bother, if you enjoyed high school drama cringe then you won't enjoy SMT mainline because it's actually good and you're clearly a faggot

le get buff skeleton meme
Just kidding the real shitstomper is Dante from the Devil May Cry series(tm)

I wanted to play it because I heard its darker and more mature. And I love apocalypse stories

You should know it's the worst SMT to start with. It's nothing like any other SMT, might as well be a spinoff. Ideally play one of the SNES ones, or IV if you can't handle old games.

Use buffs and build for strength.

Fucking kill yourself.

Play on hard mode.
Prepare for gameplay that's actually good and for Dante from devil may cry to join your party.

Well I only played Persona 5

Use buffs and debuffs. Focus on Agility.

Attached: damn it feels good to be a gangsta.jpg (1024x575, 42K)

What does that have to do with which SMT you should start with?

Well... I just wanna play a game with good game play, and a good story

Play Hard Mode if you're not a bitch

also this

II has the best story, best gameplay is really up in the air because it all depends on what gimmicks (if any) you like.

Well... I heard it's really hard so... Normal Mode?

Nocturne being hard is a reddit meme

Play Strange Journey, it has the best dungeon design and press turn combat. Nocturne is more unorthodox and might turn you off right after P5

That's good to hear, I'll play it as soon as I can

Strange Journey doesn't have Press Turn? (which is a good thing imo)

Reddit are the kind of people who think Devil May Cry 2 is hard

Grind a FUCK TON while you're down where all the Manikins live (can't remember the name of the place for the life of me), or else you're going to get you're shit absolutely obliterated by the Matador on your way out

Just in general, be prepared to die a lot, especially if you're new mainline

Attached: I want to see the blood fly.jpg (200x202, 9K)

Keep in mind that SMTII is the closest thing to a proper sequel outside of SMTIV Final, so you might want to play the first game first. II still works on its own though.

I didn't grind for Matador and I beat him first try. Matator being hard is a meme.

Don't listen to contrarians, nocturne has hands down best atmosphere, music and gameplay in the series. Story is a little weak though

Press turn is still in it, but it's a lot more cut and dry than Nocturne

Is it still good?

get a demon with fog breath, it kills skeleton and debuffs really nicely

Demon Co-op is not press turn.

>nocturne has hands down best atmosphere, music and gameplay in the series
>high school bullshit
>meguroshit
>muh press turn
personages pls go

Attached: YHVHStanza.png (228x316, 40K)

SMT IV has best atmosphere and music though

If by "it" you mean the story, don't bother. Play Nocturne for the gameplay, not the story. The gameplay is unironically 10/10, I started playing a Final Fantasy game recently and can barely get into it because it's so basic and boring compared to Nocturne which I'd been playing only a few weeks before