What made this fight so great?

What made this fight so great?

Attached: 2A02C708-FCEE-4F79-B6DD-9E77F99911C8.jpg (1280x720, 251K)

The fact that he pulled a fucking glock on you

He came out of a dude

I haven't got to that fight yet but I just beat the Great Shinobi Owl. That was a top 3 if not no. 1 fight in the series. That second phase ost was a fucking BOP

Attached: Great-Shinobi-Owl.jpg (1920x1080, 114K)

nothing, too many phases

The best fight are other ones 2-3 phase is ideal.

wair until you fight his other form

it was fun to learn his attacks and beat him.

How do you unlock that anyway? I just beat the game for the first time yesterday and I only fought him once in the castle dojo.

it's part of the Purification Ending.

Eavesdrop on Kuro and Emma as much as possible; when you hear the two of them talk, talk to Emma again the next time you come back to the castle and agree to help her. She'll set you on the path.

>firsr run
>getting my ass kicked, dragonrot everywhere
>NG++
>Bell rung and no charm, almost done with Senpou temple yet i still haven't died once
I got gud!

Also a question. Is there a "correct" way to get the flower/stone/mortal blade? I always go to Senpou first while alternating the other 2 but i wonder if there is a "canon" route desu.

Flower then mortal blade then the stone. Since sekiro doesn’t use the mortal blade on the guardian ape the first time

>tfw you figured out his moves and counter almost every attack through all three phases

how do I get that feel again
shit got me real pumped

>Since sekiro doesn’t use the mortal blade on the guardian ape the first time
That makes sense and i feel kinda stupid right now, thanks user.

It makes you completely master all of the mechanics and truly best the game in order to win. On top of that it punishes you for trying to play it safe, and Isshin tells you exactly how to beat him every time you get your ass handed to you. "Hesitation is defeat" isn't just some badass one-liner, it's literally true due to the posture mechanics and the way the fight works. It's the perfect culmination of everything you've learned in the game so far, and the only way to win is if your fighting is truly perfected.

It wasn't

This
This
And the gif. You know which one

>epic setting
>great cutscenes
>4 phases, each more complex than the last
>tests you on every game mechanic (positioning, guarding, deflecting, countering, dodging, mikiri counters, lightning reversals)

That's pretty much it.

Cause it's a mano a mano Fight in fromsoft best fighting system yet.

>Uses a fucking gun
>((((Sword Saint))))
Is it really true

- Isshin is a cool as fuck character to begin with and is hyped for most of the game, so when you fight him there's already a lot of context going on which provides more weight to the conflict

- Has probably the most complex moveset From has ever done (along with Hirata Estate Owl) and almost all of it feels challenging and fair.

- Fight has several different phases and it gets both more thrilling and epic as it goes

- From for once managed to make a challenging final boss

The only thing that hinders the fight and makes me like the Owl one more is the fact you need to fight Genechiro again every time you die to Isshin. That was a atrocious design decision and very uncharacteristic for From Soft.

I really like how they finally had a final boss that was at their peak, instead of past their prime. And the music reflects that. Wolf is essentially fighting against an era, a way of life.

Annoying at first but seeing genichiro job for the last time is funny.
Took me around 10 tries to finally man up and learn Isshin's moves, be a bit more aggressive and finally did it

Attached: doit.png (1920x1080, 2.88M)

Genichiro should have been a one time fight, then the battle just starts with Isshin afterwards
He’s not hard it’s just a slog to get through each time, although I still enjoyed the fight.

Isshin > Gehrman > Gwyn > False King Allant > Soul of Cinder > Nashandra

orphan and laurence were harder

I was thinking about how the fights in Sekiro also serve as a way to get you more invested in the opponent you are fighting against.

In Dark Souls the bosses don't react to your actions in a natural manner. You dodge their attacks and strike at the right time, but they won't defend, they won't get flinched (Bloodborne has a bit of that), they barely react (they will just do their thing whether you are attacking or not). It's like what you do has no consequence for the boss aside from reducing his hp save for some exceptions.

In Sekiro you can put pressure on the bosses and put them on the defensive. You can flinch them. You can can react in a specific way according to each move they do (Jumping for sweeps, circle for mikiri counter, L1 for normal deflects, dodge for grabs and many other situations, running around for spacing); it feels like a real fight where you have to react according to each thing the opponent does and he reacts according to what you do.

This not only makes the fight more engaging as it makes you more invested in who you are fighting against. It humanizes the character in a way.

Not last bosses. Unless you consider the dlc self-contained.

I actually liked fighting Genichiro before him each time. It felt good getting to a point where I was taking him out fast as fuck, and getting the consecutive deflects + mikiri counter on that combo he does

He uses the most powerful sword of all: a gun

Orphan took me 3 tries, Isshin took me 2 hours. I disagree.

like a fighting game

You got to drink with him.

>DS2shit even making the list
Fuck outta here.

>catching him with Ichimonji
Isshin, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!

sekiro isn't anything like a fighting game. Sekiro is like a shitty rythm game with two buttons

Yes. Orphan was by far the hardest fight in any From game but the thing is, it wasn't fun. Orphan's difficulty came from having a shitload if health and an erratic moveset that will get you hit, even if you have figured it out.

Isshin on the other hand is also a pretty challenging fight and pretty long too, seeing how you have to go through the Genichiro fight each time beforehand but once you've figured out his moveset and you pay attention you can deflect anything he tries to hit you with. Which is generally what makes Sekiro's combat so good. There's almost nothing you can't counter and doing so is satisfying as hell.

>Look mom I posted it again!