What would be the best location for the next Elder Scrolls game?

What would be the best location for the next Elder Scrolls game?

Attached: 1556031543122.jpg (1543x1080, 347K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil's_Island)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All of Hammerfell

Akavir

Shivering Isles a couple hundred years after Oblivion

Summerset Isles

>A forbidden city for nearly fifty years, Alinor is both capital of the Summerset Isles and the heart of the Aldmeri Dominion. Human traders were only allowed at its ports, and they described the city as "made from glass or insect wings." Less fantastic accounts come from the Imperial emissaries of the Reman Dynasty, which describe the city as straight and glimmering, "a hypnotic swirl of ramparts and impossibly high towers, designed to catch the light of the sun and break it to its component colors, which lies draped across its stones until you are thankful for nightfall.

Black Marsh

Anyone who says anything else is a shitposter

elsweyr uwu

Skyrim again, Skyrim 2 baby.

y-yeah

Attached: eso alinor.jpg (1280x720, 203K)

>Area that 's largely uninhabitable by 90% of the population

It's going to be Hammerfell.

Black Marsh is toxic to everyone but Argonians though.

only if I can bring a flamethrower

Wood Elves could make a go of it.

when you realize this was meant to be a description of a modern city if seen by a rando medieval peasant.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 218K)

That's the point

Burn it all down, watch the entire thing set on fire

It'll be similar to the weed mission in Farcry 3

Where ever the argonians are.
Or all of tamreil

>Black Marsh is toxic to everyone but Argonians though.

fallout clone. just change rads to hiltskin toxin or something

what's this from? it's bizarre how TES has such cool lore but the games themselves never really show it

you gotta READ nigga

>Literally fucking nothing, ruins and Argonian tribal fags.
>Region so poisonous that nobody goes there and is literally the shithole and the dumping ground of Tamriel.
>Not human enough.
Nah

>Or all of tamreil
Sup.

Attached: TES-Arena_boxart-template-1200x1476.jpg (1200x1476, 1.27M)

I wish, but it'll never happen. I think we most the chance of seeing it after Oblivion.

My Hist nigga

Too bad most of it outside of the story dungeons is uninteresting randomly generated terrain and dungeons.

>not wanting morrowind + stalker

Attached: 1350086507887.jpg (166x160, 5K)

I think you mean fallout 5

Fallout is a thing.

most of the cool shit is retconned. cyrodiil used to be a funky jungle but they changed it to a temperate, tolkien friendly environment, most likely because they thought casuals wouldn't like exotic locations.

I said morrowind + stalker, not oblivion + metro 2033

>b-but this region is too weird and inhuman!!
if you write down all the shit in morrowind it will also sound "too weird"

Another reason why we're never going to have an Elsweyr or Black Marsh Elder Scrolls game. Playing within a Khajiit or Argonian predominant setting is just too bizarre and uncomfortable for the average normie.

Attached: race_distribution.jpg (1148x914, 208K)

Valenwood. I love really comfy enchanted/mystical forests and I think Valenwood is prime territory for that. I also LOVE the idea of tree cities. Yes, even knowing they probably wouldn't make them moving trees. The idea of a tree city itself is just really appealing to me.

Oh fucking god imagine the furshit, it's already bad enough. You just completely talked me out of ever wanting Black Marsh and Elsweyr

>Playing within a Khajiit or Argonian predominant setting is just too bizarre and uncomfortable for the average normie.

no, what i'm saying is that devs seem to think casuals hate exotic and strange locales. Like somehow being new to gaming means you hate exciting and weird things.

ESO's next expansion is in Elswyr

Skyrim 2 baby

No seriously this time I want to go back to cyrodiil. I loved how colourful and comfy it was in Oblivion.

Also I want a morrowind and oblivion remaster for all consoles and PC do it Todd you fucking cuck. This prints money you stupid hobbit nigger.

Attached: 8E011F5D-2BEB-4C99-98BA-449981DF8266.png (534x629, 49K)

You talking as if though you're actively looking for furshit. How much of a brainlet do you have to be to completely dismiss a cool concept or a unique game entirely because of some shit a group of retards do on the internet?

Thalmor-occupied Valenwood

>implying that matters when continuity in bethesda lore is about as common as their game releases being full of gamebreaking bugs
lol

they do hate strange and exotic games, like jesus just go look at the most popular games both in the east and the west, they're the most generic by the numbers shit imaginable that never breaks from the niche.

maybe for eso 2

Summerset Isles. Let's go back to Arena/Oblivion days and go full Tolkien with beautiful High Elven cities and a high focus on magic.

Attached: 12619.jpg (700x400, 60K)

Away from Bethesda Game Studios would be an ideal location

Attached: 9F3226F4-CB6A-4078-840A-94588E527C85.jpg (404x462, 57K)

sounds like an excerpt from one of the "pocket guide to the empire" books

>oblivion is the biggest elder scrolls
Feels good being an imperial chad

skyrim 2, or maybe a neutered black marsh.

Why not go to the two provinces route like Daggerfall did?
>No game that lets you explore All of Black Marsh and Southern Morrowind
>No game that lets you cross from Black Marsh through Leyawin into Elsweyr
>No game set in Valenwood and Elsweyr

>the MMO team B cashgrab is somehow more soulful than the mainline games
wtf bros

You can explore summerset in eso

Where does Blades takes place?

Why was Cyrodiil so comfy?

Attached: 9bBPUXb.jpg (1280x720, 563K)

this is a misconception fueled by your hatred of normies. This isn't 2007 where videogames are actively reviled outside of sports games and halo, people openly enjoy and talk about games now. The issue is that the 'exotic' games are usually more obscure, older, or not on consoles.

Also, games that are 'exotic' also tend to have complicated mechanics that take a good bit of time to learn and a lot of people simply don't see the merit in learning how to play a singleplayer game.

Did you even see the chart of player characters? If normies were looking for the unconventional and "exotic" they wouldn't be piling to play the most generic races/species in the game imaginable.

the trash bin

because it was europe

This.

'the chart'

There are Ayleid ruins in it right? So it must be Cyrodiil.

black marsh + southern morrowind would be cool since the area between both "countries" was devastated in a war shortly after the oblivion crisis. you could have the elves scheming to take it back and the argonians trying to defend it to choose from as joinable factions with sieges and stuff. also you could have the abandoned city of Tear (destroyed during oblivion) full of zombies and shit to explore like prypiat in Stalker.
for anyone interested, when the area still belonged to morrowind, it was ruled by great house Dres, the most "traditional" and isolationist of all the dark elf houses, they're very close to ashlander tribes in how the organize themselves, they run plantations and firmly believe in slavery

desu why not a sci fi elder scrolls game that doesn't even take place on nirn?

pretty ridiculous considering they just made morrowind which features floating jellyfish as livestock

Remember stepping out of the sewers in 2006 and being absolutely blown away by how good this looked?

Attached: 1531456636916.png (380x349, 74K)

>daggerfall
>one of the biggest maps ever made
>actually country is smaller than skyrim and cyrodil
what the fuck

if it takes place in high rock, at least the bretons have some pretty fun lore

>The Bretons' largely agrarian and hierarchical society is feudal in nature. Most Breton cities are sprawling trade hubs, and most of the people are either middle-class peasants or destitute beggars.[1] The jockeying for power among the various monarchs and powers of the Iliac Bay region is a deeply ingrained, even cherished, part of Breton culture.[1] Though they have several paths to prosperity, becoming a nobleman by performing quests and services to curry favor with various rulers is considered the best way, which has created a cultural "quest obsession" among young Bretons.[1][18] The desire to find some great opportunity for fortune and glory has made Bretons venture all over northern Tamriel, even to such remote locations as Thirsk on the island of Solstheim, where one adventurous Breton once earned the position of chieftain.[19][20][21] Many use their magical talents to earn success.[1] They're often considered a friendly and humorous people, though there is little love lost between many Bretons and Redguards following the vicious War of Betony.[11][22][23]

>Bretons are said to enjoy intellectual pursuits; they often have an affinity for anything related to logic and ordered complexity.[5] Their love of knowledge and affinity for commerce drives them into a host of careers, including trading, the military, sailing, medicine, textiles, manufacturing, writing, theology, philosophy, banking, all kinds of artistry, and other scholarly pursuits.[11][24][25][26][27] Espionage has also proven to be one of their strong suits; Breton double agents, assassins, and spies have turned the tide of wars throughout recorded history.[28][29][30][31][32]

I do.

that's because kirkbride did the lore and setting for morrowind but left the studio before the game came out. Its why all future games have been much more subdued, save for shivering isles which was fucking amazing.

Is there anything cool in southern Morrowind?

I wonder where all the creativity from morrowind has gone. Oblivion was so unimaginative and derivative, atleast skyrim was a step up but not enough.

breton landscape is too much like skyrim

Todd Howard is on record with saying that they let the recent success of the LOTR movies have too much influence in their aesthetic decisions regarding Cyrodiil.

>Skyrim wasn't creativ-

Attached: Blackreach-TESV.jpg (3840x2160, 673K)

Hammerfell and High Rock

Explain why eso playerbase stats have the human races lowest while khajit, Argonian, dark elf and wood elf's rank the highest then

And then he ripped off the other popular fantasy franchise with skyrim

It was like so colourful and if a game isn’t colourful I lose interest also I feel the pain because I’m not a pc or xbro so I can’t go back to oblivion without getting my old slim 360 out. I genuinely thought about getting an xbone just to replay oblivion at a higher resolution.

I did said skyrim was a step up

Can't wait for that Wheel of Time series to dictate Elder Scrolls 6

>hey people liked mushroom trees, right? lets just put mushroom trees in to appease the oldfags.

blackreach was the only spec of color in an otherwise shitty map. the issue is that when people complain to bethesda about boring settings, bethesda automatically falls back on morrowind tropes instead of BEING CREATIVE

Yeah bro take me back nigga. I played it on my bros Xbox because I had a wii until the prince of Persia reboot released.

>blackreach was the only spec of color in an otherwise shitty map.

Attached: Skyrim.jpg (3840x1800, 1.9M)

Would be pretty neat seeing devastated morrowind in contrast to Black Marsh. I remember in Oblivion I'd always autistically try to find a way beyond the map boundaries in the console version just to see if the devs bothered to change up the terrain beyond Cyrodill. Of course they didn't, but middle school me really wanted to see what mainland Morrowind looked like.

>only colors other than brown and grey are the skyboxes and blackreach
lol

>ugly-rocked mountains
>a few cricks
>temperate woodlands
>log houses
>morrowind: the cave

>Oblivion looked really good back when it came out
>Skyrim just looked OK and in terms of animations was already dated
What happened?

This

Attached: Versidue Shaie.jpg (564x763, 60K)

bethesda are super lazy and wont let gambryo die.

Khajitt or argonian regions

i really wanted elseweyr when that khajiit in skyrim talks about great cities being buried under the sands

if it had sand dunes like Journey, hell yeah. but this is bethesda so we will just get New Vegas with cat people.

Why not fucking all of it?

That actually sounds awful kek

that book about black marsh in skyrim was so fun. i really want a black marsh game. even that swampy region in oblivion, near black marsh, is really cool

yeah oblivion's biomes are much more subtle than morrowinds but they're nice enough. The issue is that a lot of my time in oblivion was spent trying to get to a quest marker that was on top of some bullshit hill, though i guess that is a problem all the tes games seem to have.

You are mentally deficient if you only see brown and gray in that image.

>set up all these areas as amazing places, with cyrodill's jungles, valenwood's giant moving trees, summerset's glass cities
>fuck them all up
why do they do this? The most important part of games like this is the atmosphere, so why do they do absolutely nothing with these concepts and just make everything generic?

Black marsh would be awesome they even have a special breed of dark brotherhood assassins, an imperial prison that's supposed to be the equivalent of devil's island (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil's_Island) in fact most of the legion stationed there were convicts forced to serve, and very unruly and prone to mutiny. I wonder what happened to their forts and stuff now that argonia is independent

All, as long Bethesda isn't making the game.

The trash.

It's a hell of a lot easier to write a few paragraphs about something cool than turn it into an entire game

where does Oblivion mobile take place?

>why do they do this?

realistically, because its hard. kirkbride's drug-fueled lore is amazing but trying to put it in 3d would be difficult for any dev team, and bethesda happens to be one of the worst teams.

Bethesda learned they could bank on normalfags and instead of WRPGfags. Same reason why Fallout is reduced to wacky 50s in the future when the first two games don't emphasize the retrofuturism that much.

bethesda got lucky that videogames stopped becoming a nerd hobby at about the time oblivion came out. so there was a huge influx of people with ZERO expectations.

I wanted to live there. fight giant rats and goblins for dinner, sleep in the sewers. shit would rule.

The sixth generation was really the beginning of the end. Even though I enjoy Oblivion and FO3, I'm still disappointed that they chose to make the setting as generic as possible.

7th generation*

every bethesda game has been, at the very least, enjoyable. The issue is that they are always disappointing. Oblivion had great quests but a really bland setting and shitty combat (mostly due to the awful level scaling). Skyrim has slightly better combat and a slightly more diverse setting but the quests are dogshit and the guild questlines lack any form of pacing, you go from new guy to CHOSEN ONE after like two missions.

>every bethesda game has been, at the very least, enjoyable.
*blocks your path*

Attached: 349627-fallout-4-playstation-4-front-cover.jpg (800x1006, 113K)

Not him but after modding the game to have 10x damage I got quite a lot enjoyment out of playing it as some weird hybrid of Metro and a looter shooter

Yeah it's got nothing to do with corporate culture, a 20 year old engine they refuse to dump and an increasingly Laissez-faire approach to the writing.

fallout 4 was tons of fun though, it just had zero roleplaying.

>50 hours in fallout
>200 hours in fallout 2
>120 hours in fallout 3
>140 hours in new vegas
>350 fucking hours in fallout 4
I don’t even remember anything from that game and I have no desire to play it again, unlike all the rest.

The only reason I have nearly 30 hours in it is because I kept giving it a chance to see if it would throw something interesting in my path. Nothing. At least I played it through steam share.

300 of those hours were probably spent digging around in the trash for duct tape and glue. FO4 definitely got scavenging right if anything.

also the red rocket stations are incredibly comfy. It felt really chill working on your power armor with the garage door open on a sunny day.

It's not an RPG but it has an insanely compelling gameplay loop, great dungeons, and actually serviceable gunplay. I put 300 hours into and it feel like I could just keep playing it forever even my brain would start atrophying after a while.

cant we get a continent besides tamriel

the shitty town-building mechanics were also kind of fun even though most of it felt futile.

"no"

Attached: sword singer.jpg (900x900, 472K)

You mean Skyrim. Oblivion was a downgrade for sure but it's way overstated compared to what Skyrim did. Skyrim turned the series into a pop culture icon literally overnight. Look at the sales numbers, it shows. Oblivion was a a commercial success but nothing like Skyrim.

Why even make a new tes game when eso exists and has pretty much every province lol just go play that ya dingus

The most important part of games like this is how much they sell.