Why doesn't Yea Forums like racing games

Why doesn't Yea Forums like racing games

Attached: ghost of akina.jpg (3840x2160, 265K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SfPLcQhXpCc
youtube.com/watch?v=O9BHULPy2bY
youtube.com/watch?v=v0yoZGMm8sw
youtube.com/watch?v=CU5PGtjOev0
youtube.com/watch?v=MbS7zMY2M3o
youtube.com/watch?v=TMM9G6mMhxE
youtube.com/watch?v=0bviAyVPtq0
youtube.com/watch?v=IxTAJNifDAI
youtube.com/watch?v=2_zAxPqKa8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Akt4hz9SDCA
youtube.com/watch?v=anMjMLE-HpE
youtube.com/watch?v=muux8juLHH0&list=PL594E33E5FFC0C6D4&index=85
youtu.be/SiJ6xstIhoI
youtu.be/FstXpvGzxZI
youtube.com/watch?v=3oMQC7m35gg&t
youtube.com/watch?v=YyhhShvpV2I
youtu.be/2YdPNY7TihQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Too skill based, too high test, no story, no anime titties and poorfags cant afford wheels. A zoomers worst nightmare

Not much to talk about.

>no anime titties
That's where you're wrong.

Attached: fh4.jpg (960x600, 156K)

But I do
Even got a racing seat & steering wheel

Zoomers and nerds are afraid of cars. Our game discussions are on /o/

Absolutely disgusting, itashafags need to be genocided

But i do

Attached: forza.jpg (1920x1080, 245K)

>grab PS2
>put in Midnight Club 3
>youtube.com/watch?v=SfPLcQhXpCc starts playing
*sssssssiiiiiiiiippppppp*
yep...

Attached: 1526226775744.jpg (380x349, 27K)

Itasha is the highest form of art.

because it's boring

>no anime titties
Anime titty AND anime c*nny

Attached: teamcunnyracing.jpg (1200x1157, 335K)

The same reason they don't like YOU, OP!

If you're IQ is too low to manage tire wear and oversteer, you can always go FAST

Attached: Redout-Free-Download.jpg (620x355, 47K)

based

"real" racing is lame

POST YOUR CARFUS

Attached: Nissan 350Z.jpg (1530x792, 98K)

It will always be the 3000GT VR4

Attached: 1538531060871.jpg (1515x856, 246K)

>carfu
>something obviously attainable
Doing it wrong

Attached: 69_Dodge_Daytona_Charger_DV_05_Amelia_04.jpg (1024x681, 171K)

I like it when they mix things up like Burnout. Also why do none of them have stories?

Attached: 1496618597219.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Not enough impotent violence

I tried getting into the Dirt series but not only are the games really hard, but your crew constantly yells at you for your failures
One time I practiced on a track really hard and I got 4th place, they literally said it was an embarrassing how badly I did
I felt really bad afterwards

Attached: 1551873712888.png (290x290, 139K)

>he wasn't around for the thread where user wrote about a vidya idea about mountain pass racing mixed with spirits and ghosts, possessions, blessed car parts and all sorts of crazy mythology

Too hard for most Yea Forumsubbitors

faaaaaag
Which Dirt was this? Cant recall any shittalk in Rally

For me, it's the IS.

Attached: 266256.png (620x414, 384K)

Dirt 3
I remember the British guy was particularly dickish

F1, WRC, Super Trucks, Formula Drift all have amazing youtube channels and are growing.

Racing games are the future.

Attached: ProcarM1.webm (852x480, 2.87M)

Dirt 3 isn't even that hard, what the hell. It's almost exclusively arcade rather than a sim to begin with. Were you playing with zero assists and max difficulty or what?

Based bongs filtering our weeb soiboys with top shelf banter
Dont be a bitch and push through it until you learn

Why are Horizon 4 and The Crew 2 so fucking gay? I can't stand the cut scenes and voice overs. It's like they took the cheesiest NFS cutscenes and dialogues then made them pretentious with an over the top budget. If they put the money into gameplay development the physics could actually be fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=O9BHULPy2bY

Attached: 740x-1.jpg (740x493, 68K)

I hate all the realism obsessed driving games

I just want something that's slightly more intensive than mario kart but not one of them sim games that you only get to go around on dirt tracks and race courses

Burnout Paradise is so good

Attached: 1984119.jpg (450x299, 59K)

Attached: TME.jpg (800x600, 77K)

Realism obsessed driving games actually have gameplay. Burnout Paradise is mindless boosting off walls.

Attached: 130229916.jpg (932x524, 52K)

I suck at them and I have obscure taste in cars that most racing games don't appeal to. I don't think the 20th iteration of the corvette is interesting nor the 500th BMW. I just want to drive shitboxes from the 60's through the 90's.

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS SLUT HAVE THAT LANCIA "BEST CAR" 037 DOESN'T?
WHY CODEMASTERS?

>poorfags cant afford wheels

Attached: 1438197689547.png (657x527, 51K)

Recently played russian car driver and nfs hot pursuit 2010, had tons of fun with both.

I don't have a wheel
I can't get into multiplayer etiquete

Holy shit, I couldn't possibly agree more.

I grew up playing arcadey racing games on N64 and later PS2. Why the hell can't we have a spiritual successor to San Francisco Rush or something like that?

I played sim games for many years before realizing that they really don't change. Like, holy hell, driving around Laguna Seca in Project Cars 2 really doesn't feel considerably different from doing the same in Gran Turismo 4 or whatever. I don't care about looking like some super-skilled badass driving fake cars. I just wanna have some damn fun.

Dirt 3 is easy even with zero assists and max difficulty.
No excuses for him.

Any man who loves a Dodge reserves respect

any man who loves the OG Chryslus Highwayman is Kino

Attached: cadillac-eldorado-1959-marco-ledda.jpg (900x600, 129K)

Yeah, no 037. The 2001 Subaru is coming out as DLC in a couple weeks, should have been in the base game. Codemasters is weird.

>multiplayer etiquete
If you crash into someone just type "oops racing incident" and go about your day.

Newer racing games lost all sense of progression and fun.

It's not even about crashing. It's when people complain that I was being agressive or created a dangerous situation when I overtake. I mean i'ts a racing game. Overtaking can always be dangerous and it's a classic case of get good and be faster

The point of those games is to get social media points. They are peak zoomer.

Attached: rs200.jpg (1577x751, 148K)

>I can't get into multiplayer etiquete
>multiplayer etiquete
You don't need any etiquete to play multiplayer racing games. Any retard can "play" it.
youtube.com/watch?v=v0yoZGMm8sw
It's frustating but ""fun""

How can I get a carfu? To me every car is a carfu. They all provide different and unique experiences which is why I've driven dozens and I can't stick to a single one for a very long time, not because I dislike the car but because I want to try something new.

I never get around to replaying racing games a lot, so I rarely bother

>I was racing huh huh
youtube.com/watch?v=CU5PGtjOev0

Attached: 1448705889515.jpg (736x960, 59K)

Why would anyone care about super trucks? That's even dumber than sidecar racing.

They crash into each other with out breaking and go off jumps. I miss Super Off Road.

Attached: 6kje4Mk.gif (639x376, 476K)

>jumps
Must be different trucks over there. Here our super trucks are semi's on regular tracks.

Fact: the hardest racing games are either pure sim or pure arcade, getting easier the closer you get to the middle.

Idk if it correlates. But there is definitely room for a game to become very difficult and technical without realistic physics.
Like most of SEGA's arcade racers. Daytona USA 2, SCUD, Initial D Arcade Stage series. These games have difficult and technical tricks that have pretty much zero basis in simulating reality.

youtube.com/watch?v=MbS7zMY2M3o

Nostalgia, used to play that on arcade at a children's play place.

Attached: jeering.jpg (3440x1440, 586K)

barrier of entry
need a wheel and paddles just to have the full experience

Technical yes, but I've never seen one with the depth of an engine/transmission/traction simulation.
Would be interesting to see a game like Wipeout with a complex rocket lag or turbo boost like simulation.

FH4's intro is great, though. It's everything after that sucks.

>no anime titties
There were anime titties everywhere back on Forza 2

Best rally games that aren't Dirt Rally?

dirt rally

Good taste

Richard Burns Rally
Early Colin McRae Rally
Sega Rally Championship

Everyone praises Richard Burns Rally like it's their religion.

>every racing game since 2012 has my car in it
Good feel

Attached: brz.jpg (1280x782, 125K)

why does steam not have any good mario kart clones, i love arcade racers

The official WRC game is ok but not as good as dirt rally, VRally 4 looks kind of fun.

Wow, thanks.

Attached: 1693999A-E6E3-49F0-8D70-70294B9422E1.jpg (800x600, 178K)

Me behind the wheel.

No problem

I'm an automatic pleb. How do I take the manual redpill? I've never driven a car before

Attached: 1417919889947.gif (500x452, 987K)

I’ve been revisiting Tourist Trophy on PS2, comfy time.

Attached: 19F33F84-2F2F-4357-9444-1DBA90A1FE2F.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Attached: toyota 2000gt autoart.jpg (1000x658, 48K)

Jackie Chan

Attached: 0b96d88e-ferrari-enzo-mule-1.jpg (1024x700, 362K)

Attached: c093db3f-ferrari-enzo-mule-7.jpg (980x670, 143K)

Attached: dsc04222.jpg (1049x590, 161K)

Holy hell, fuck that guy.

It's been so long since the last F Zero game that they've invented energy boost lanes in real life.
youtube.com/watch?v=TMM9G6mMhxE

Attached: F-Zero-10-300x262.png (300x262, 63K)

This fucking level is so poorly designed and the music is horrible. But the rest of the game is excellent, fun on the steam controller.

youtube.com/watch?v=0bviAyVPtq0

no

I had to close the video the moment I heard the music

bretty cool

>bretty cool
Agreed

Vettel was completely in the wrong there

Driving is for fags. I'll take high speed trains and autonomous vehicles any day over cars.

How?

I just can't bring myself to play any new Forza games. 4 was the absolute peak of the series for me personally. There's nothing really else on PC besides Dirt and Asseto Corsa so RIP.

Pick one game, one car, and practice. There's a shitton of variables at play here so you'll just have to develop a feel for it. Generally speaking, shifting up right when you hit red and shifting down one or two numbers below that is a good starting point.

>Vetlel crying again

I can't watch F1 now that it's dominated by these fucking idiots like Vettel and Hamilton. So boring.

I wouldn't say completely but he left a gap on the inside big enough for Torpedo to fit into. So he set him self up for a racing incident.

There aren't any good ones I can play. I want to play, but there isn't anything that does what I want. I still have my wheel, pedals, and shifter mounted to my desk right now.

Craigslist beater Subaru and dirt roads

>best cola that isn't coke or pepsi

Just get Dirt Rally my dude

That was 2017, Bottas is boss now.

fpbp
Yea Forums literally is just too young and casual for boomer racesims

Attached: 1556087027148.jpg (832x1000, 47K)

What do you mean how? That was a giant gap and Kvyat took advantage. Vettel is sperging out but it was him that thightened the gap trying not to hit Kimi.

it could come out today and those body lines will still put every car to shame.

Attached: 2001-mazda-rx7-6.jpg (1600x1200, 110K)

A lot of the top drivers in a game like Forza 7 unironically use a controller.
Not being able to afford a wheel is no excuse.

>car racing

Attached: thunder.jpg (466x322, 40K)

How did Mazda think it was acceptable to go from the beautiful RX-7 to the RX-8? What were they thinking.

I nearly bought one of these last year but I was already deep into another project and didn't really have the space to store it in the meantime. Kind of regret it now.

>Forza Horizon 4
>beat person online by 2-3 seconds
>get to the finish screen
>says they got first place despite not even crossing the finish line
It was at this point I dropped that trash.

You're Crazy!

you should switch according to the engine's torque band instead of going for the limiter every time

thrustmaster throws away wheels on great deals monthly, to be fair, just drop the Ti on your new GPU, or skip a console generation, and get a decent wheel.

This shit is so ridiculous and only happens to me and never to them. I swear I must be racing against some fuckers who live in mud huts or something

yea if only retarded regulations allowed them to make another rx7.........

Attached: 6dbaf004-daee-11e5-9038-65078c75ab46.jpg (700x473, 69K)

>midway

Attached: 1504338004346.png (640x480, 291K)

As an rx8 owner, I couldn't agree more. Front end especially is objectively ugly. And don't get me started on the Renesis.

It's always the first worlders with crappy internet tho

Attached: NSX Type R.jpg (637x328, 27K)

You mean the redline instead of the limiter?

>people complain about racing games not having stories
>need for speed focuses on the story
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE STORIES DONT BELONG IN MUH RACAN GAEM

James May pls go

Play GT Sport

Attached: ae86.webm (960x540, 2.83M)

It's a long season. I don't think he has the kind of longevity that Hamiton has. Also Ferrari are fucking around and being screw ups this year, so Vettel and Leclerc aint gonna do shit. Another year of Hamilel. Alonso was right to jump ship on the Mercedes show, aka F1 for the next decade.

Attached: 2018lemanstoyota83.jpg (900x596, 148K)

>people complain about racing games not having stories
Things that never happened

Attached: 1524450244877.jpg (680x383, 29K)

absolutely beautiful

Can we get the 90's jap sports car aesthetic back?

Attached: 1491957140482.jpg (690x387, 64K)

Honestly Forza 7 is better in literally every single way.
The big one is the fact GT Sport has like 150 cars to Forza's 900+ at this point.

youtube.com/watch?v=IxTAJNifDAI

i feel certain you will get one eventually, dont ever stop loving it no matter what anyone says!

Going to be honest. I really want some sort of half VN/half Racing game like Racing Lagoon. It would be pretty cool having a story of being the best racer in Japan and having to face the five Kings to get a chance to face the champion. I've got an idea for a racing game and I can post it if you guys want.

Attached: 2745265-r4+ridge+racer+type+4+cover.jpg (1024x1032, 205K)

It was so stupid that you could look at the race time and it would still show you as faster, but getting second place.

god tier taste. I owned an SW20 MR2 and realized that the perfect analog car is naturally an NSX-R which is basically the next step up from it. (I would say the Mclaren F1, but there's just no way to approach the real limits of that car without constantly being afraid you're gonna put down just a tiny smidge too much power and then fucking totaling a multi-million dollar piece of treasure)

Are you fucking kidding me? I love Ridge Racer

youtube.com/watch?v=2_zAxPqKa8Y

Name a racing game that:

>has generally realistic or better physics
>is not full-blown racing experience autism
>lets me drive a variety of vehicles and not just racecars, super cars, sports cars
>accommodates driving around more casually instead of just being races/time trials
>is playable on Windows 7
>supports wheel, pedals, and H-shifter

And then and I will like racing games.

i hate daytona and its music

I just want a arcade racer like NFS High Stakes. I'm tired of this open world shit.

>Playable on Windows 7
>"Realistic controls but not too realistic"

Bruh just upgrade to windows 10 and play forza horizon 4. Otherwise you're contradicting yourself.

Forza has arcade physics.
A wheel in simulations lets you reach a higher level with smoother steering, unlike this webm.

Attached: DR2.webm (480x270, 2.84M)

Attached: Screenshot_20190426-084851__01.jpg (1080x1175, 414K)

>>"Realistic controls but not too realistic"
I did not say that, you illiterate twit.

>Forza has arcade physics
No, it has arcade steering. It actually has one of the most realistic suspension models in a game.

where are the tits user?

>Name a racing game that:
>>has generally realistic or better physics
>>is not full-blown racing experience autism

Sorry user, I assumed you meant that since you said the above. Yeah just play forza on the realistic setting

He speaks the truth

Forza is all about quantity over quality, GT is about quality over quantity. The cars in Forza are all fundamentally the same vehicle with a different model and some tweaked values, and often with reused sounds or off-model flubs. When you set the brake bias of an Audi R18 LMP more rearward in GTS, you gain more hybrid power, because the rear brakes are used to regen the batteries. When those batteries kick in, you feel the front end pull you straight, because those are where the electric motors are, but you'll feel noticeably RWD again once those batteries run out. This is the level of detail you cannot get in Forza. But if you don't care about that, more power to you. GTS is like 250 by now, so I'm pretty happy with the selection.

Attached: ae86 interior.webm (960x540, 2.85M)

one of few tolerable american vehicles

Post it user it might be an interesting read.

LUCIUS, DEMON SCOURGE OF B-CLASS

Too much gameplay

It's good to learn to dive stick. It sorta trains you.

That's like the worst version lol

Mein neger

Based Saratoga Chad.

Attached: 1548569716839.jpg (1754x2481, 3.08M)

such a beautiful underrated car>460427190
im kinda on kvyats side on this one, we went to overtake in a gap. like the classic ayrton senna quote if you know longer go for a gap....

k trail reverse on gran turismo 6

Except that ironically, Senna was in the wrong in that scenario and knew it, despite the soundbite worthy quote afterwards.

I was referring to things like my experience trying to play the Rfactor 2 demo by the latter. Just let me drive a car around the course.

There is no Forza on Windows 7 as far as I'm aware.

my friends dad had this arcade cabinet in their home. i remember being so excited to pour hours into it but got pretty fed up with it quick. bummer

does it have more tracks yet? i got the demo and GT6 was better in every single way

>tfw started playing gran turismo 3 again
>10 race championship in pro level takes literally 3 hours

but we do

Attached: 20171012181321.jpg (3840x2160, 1.2M)

I refunded Crew 2 cuz it's such hot garbage.
Still waiting for Horizon 3 EP2

>The cars in Forza are all fundamentally the same vehicle with a different model and some tweaked values
You'd like that to be true, but it isn't. The wheelbase and weight distribution directly influences oversteer in Forza, and coefficient of drag correctly limits top speed, which GT historically lacks. You can get your 1969 Camaro down to 2600lbs and give it 600hp and it will NOT corner or climb at top speeds like a McLaren F1. The front of the car will also be prone to yanking out of corners at high speeds because the shape of the front grill makes it unstable. It's a brick.

They are different handling models, period.

When you let off the gas and throw a Ferrari 512 TR into corner with no aero or tuning it's going to spin, because you shifted all the weight to the rear axle and engine and did nothing to control it or plant the car at those speeds.

Versus doing the same in a Bentley Continental Gt, which will plow straight and understeer under the same conditions.

>When those batteries kick in, you feel the front end pull you straight, because those are where the electric motors are, but you'll feel noticeably RWD again once those batteries run out. This is the level of detail you cannot get in Forza.

Pretty sure you can tune the diff in Forza and control power delivery on AWD cars.

Attached: c1e87a1b-232a-492a-bc4a-d913a2a1e0d1.jpg (935x527, 189K)

>tfw cant justify buying a wheel

Attached: 1555644154795.webm (1280x720, 1.52M)

The same thing they thought when going from the FB to FC

Attached: 11305663.jpg (1200x900, 256K)

which game is this?

>tfw nothing like it outside a shovelware sequel stuck in the windows store

>Story
The story takes place after your return from abroad after your brother dies in a racing related accident. You suspect it has to do with protecting his title of the Champion. So since you spent all your money on the funeral. You and your best friend tag along together to customize a random shitbox from a nearby junkyard to face the 5 Kings to get an invitation to a race with the new champion.

>Story Ending
If you successfully complete every story arc with every special technique learned you'll come face to face with the champion. (If you didn't go to all becomes bros with the boss. You still face the champion but you don't get a reveal) He exposes himself halfway during the race to be your incompetent best friend that helped you earlier and that the whole incident was honestly an accident. You end up winning after using your brother's technique that he tried to win against your friend.

>Gameplay
Card Based System, most troubles I'm coming up with. I was heavily inspired with initial D GBA. I have a feeling it can work, it's just not clicking yet. In any case, you spend each month preparing each day for a race against a king. You'll have the choice between several actions in the day ranging from learning new techniques at the racing school (new cards), buying better parts at your uncle's shop, getting a part time job, hanging out with your friends to get special techniques, and free races.

How does it sound user's?
I just need to figure a way to get the card system working.

Attached: 1472588514656_0.jpg (1920x1080, 520K)

any updates on that driving horror game BEWARE ?

You shut your whore mouth

Attached: 1529367590967.jpg (720x719, 53K)

Game probably has double the content it did at launch thanks to constant free updates.
>Alsace
>Autodromo Lago
>Monza
>Autopolis
>Interlagos
>Blue Moon Speedway
>Brands Hatch
>BB Speedway
>Barcelona-Catalunya
>Le Sarthe
>Dragon Trail
>Fuji Speedway
>Mount Panorama
>Northern Isle
>Nurburgring
>Red Bull Ring
>Route X
>Suzuka
>Tokyo Expressway
>Tsukaba
>Willow Springs
>Kyoto Park
>Goodwood Circuit (next update)
>Fisherman Ranch (rally)
>Sardegna (rally)
>Colorado Springs (rally)
Decent, but doesn't hold a candle to PC2 or AC with mods.

Just install Windows 10 u autist.

As an American, an RS200 is not even really that American lol. It's basically british. Same with the famous rally Ford Escorts. Unfortunate truth. Though there are plenty of likeable American cars. Corvette C2 Split window, Corvette C7, Shelby GT350 (new and old), Studebaker Avanti, SVT Mustang Cobra R, Mustang Boss 302 Crown Victoria (if you admire it for what it is), The 2nd 3rd and 4th gen Vipers, and maybe the old Dodge Challenger. More that escape me, but I think those are all worthy of praise and acclaim.

Attached: 1529354891264.jpg (1600x1067, 317K)

No.

But I love racing games.

Attached: GT2 014.png (997x742, 634K)

user laying down knowledge like he should.

Attached: Race the train.webm (720x405, 2.72M)

Not really into cars, bikes are more my thing.

Attached: FeelThatSpeed.webm (800x300, 2.87M)

FC stands for FAT CAR ahahaha

How the fuck pressing and holding A and turning left/right is skill based

Attached: 1555522285643.jpg (768x1024, 47K)

Try holding A and just hitting left and right, user. Have you actually played these games?

still no monaco/cote....

what a shame, im about to play GT6 now. once i finished moving maybe ill dedicate myself to PC or AC. or maybe ill just do more actual racing

i am pleasured to learn this information about the rs2000 and escorts. i am also american but despise nearly every car on your list save for the old dodge challenger and even then thats just a classic car that has some heritage.

Attached: 213615132.jpg (960x640, 140K)

Attached: images (26).jpg (809x379, 42K)

Oh no i'm sorry i forgot that you have to release A sometimes to make a turn

You can make anything sound stupid by simplifying it.

Try just releasing A to make a turn, user. Have you actually played these games?

can I make this work with a wheel if I'm autistic enough? FFB?

what vidja gaem

delet this

Attached: 1531959324332.jpg (2048x1152, 1.7M)

>GT350
Thanks for reminding me

Attached: gt350r.png (640x1208, 625K)

¯\(°_o)/¯

The game supports a bunch of stuff but fundamentally its 20 years old and requires a glide wrapper to work on modern systems. I guess it depends on how the wheel reports to windows. I've only used a controller with the game.

Does this look like holding A and turning?
youtube.com/watch?v=Akt4hz9SDCA

Attached: 1542539570616.jpg (600x513, 26K)

Will there be a racing game with only midrange performance cars? I miss the U2 where the most powerful car is an R34. Will it turn a lot of people off if the are no supercars in the game?

Attached: images (27).jpg (678x452, 46K)

youtube.com/watch?v=anMjMLE-HpE

yep because normies fucking suck

i cant even enjoy forza horizon because everyone is in a fucking lamborghini thats going to be shoved up your ass on the first corner

>rhythm game
>hit red button, hit blue button, hit green button, win
Wow, so easy
>fighting game
>dodge, attack, dodge, attack, win
Wow, so easy
>shooter game
>point at head and press trigger, win
Wow, so easy

The first Horizon got it right, if I'm remembering right. There was SOME progression in that game.

Wreckfest has less corner bombing than forza and its a game DESIGNED for total destruction on the track.

expensive cars is what sells, making a game for just mid ranged cars is like shooting yourself in the foot
racing games are already niche

That's what made Gran Turismo so great.

I think they went in the GT Sport direction because production cars are expensive to license and have lots of restrictions on how they're depicted.

it's better than a console to be fair

Man. Ain't this a bitch?

Attached: GT2 015.png (736x482, 568K)

>mfw 280hp miata on factory suspension/brakes/tyres
>with a wheel
I never had so much fun with vidya since I was a kid. fuck pcsx2, fuck it with a stick, but with this game it really delivered, everything from FFB to perfect software mode

Attached: 1361909355006.jpg (400x363, 32K)

Horizon newbie here. Is there a fixed settings for the assists in the PvP or is everyone free to use every assist they want against other players online? Also for controller user, are you guys using the assists? i set driving to normal, automatic transmission, and abs on. Pls no bully i just want a comfy experience

I think you should reconsider your hate of some of the cars. Many of them have fantastic racing heritage. They're not just 'go fast in a straight line' machines for hicks who live in places with nothing but straight roads. The Boss 302, 2nd gen Viper, all corvettes since the C5 to my knowledge have good results at Le Mans, and the GT350. They were very competitive on an international level.

oh game was GT3, forgot to mention

For me Need for Speed Carbon was the last good racing game.

ABS is okay, but try to wean yourself off of AT, man. It took me a few years, but it's so damn good when you get used to it, especially since Horizon actually bothers to include a clutch in its gamepad control scheme.

not even the last good need for speed, hot pursuit 2010 was great

I personally really liked 2015. I got it for like 10 bucks and played the hell out of it. Besides the cheesy cutscenes, I had no real complaints with it.

Cant afford vr4, SL looks like a big celica

I tried to like it but the PC port was shit. Loadings took 5 minutes thanks to always online bullshit and the game would fail to load terrain ahead if you went too fast. Also they were too lazy to patch free cars to work with manual transmission on the PC version, so every car you win is stuck to auto mode.

Maybe I'll replay it when I get a ps5, if it's backwards compat

Any newer games where I'm just some asshole racing to make money to race even harder with better cars that I can design?

2015 had terrible physics but the atmosphere and soundtrack made it fantastic

Solo wangan midnight then?

Own one too

Attached: volvo 850r.jpg (1200x675, 133K)

Horizon 4 and the Crew 2.
If by design you mean paint jobs.

Horizon is better but the Crew 2 has boost, boats, planes and a larger world map.

I live my life 2 fifths of a km at a time

>They are different handling models, period.
>When you let off the gas and throw a Ferrari 512 TR into corner with no aero or tuning it's going to spin, because you shifted all the weight to the rear axle and engine and did nothing to control it or plant the car at those speeds.
>Versus doing the same in a Bentley Continental Gt, which will plow straight and understeer under the same conditions.
This is because weight distribution is just one of those values. Bentley is heavier and front-biased, Ferrari is light and rear-biased, of course the latter will plow while the Ferrari will snap. You can get both of these cars from the exact same line of code, you just need to change the variables. There is no mechanical difference between an old shitbox with a slow automatic versus a new supercar with a dual-clutch, the only difference is changing a shift time value. There is no mechanical difference between an F1 pushrod dual-valve suspension and a Challengers solid axle or a Civics double wishbone, just different values from rebound/compression/stiffness/height. Active aero is purely visual. There is no KERS. Hybrids do not function different from pure combustion cars. A torque converter will not roll forward if you release the brake. The Tesla Model S is, coding wise, just a really torquey internal combustion engine that revs really high, and you can even bang off the "rev limiter." I could go on.

Don't get the idea I hate Forza, I got lots of time out of it, but it's not a simulator outside of having a semi-decent tire model.

lots of racing games have story, like certain needs for speeds or the midnight club games

>if by design you mean paint jobs

That and parts/body kits.

I do. I just beat burnout paradise a few days ago. it was too easy really

Thats wat i want in racing game, half assed planes and boats. Game is dead now anyways.

Is it at all viable to play Assetto Corsa on a gamepad? I'm too poor to get a wheel.

>have ptsd from car accident
>friend constantly pressures me to play whatever racing game is his fotm

Attached: 1389234821745.png (300x300, 123K)

The game supports many wheels and controllers but...
>playing a sim with a controller

how poor is too poor? thrustmaster t300 is on sale for 240/280$ on amazon

>There's no differences other than code and numbers
No shit mate... It's a video game.

Overall you've changed your argument t 'it's less in-depth' from 'all the cars in Forza are fundamentally the same vehicle' because the latter was demonstrably false.

>Hybrids do not function different from pure combustion cars. A torque converter will not roll forward if you release the brake. The Tesla Model S is, coding wise, just a really torquey internal combustion engine that revs really high, and you can even bang off the "rev limiter." I could go on.
I'm not disagreeing, but this doesn't tie into your claim that they're the same physics models. It just reveals that Turn 10 is fucking lazy with details.

Yeah, I've completed the single player campaign with a gamepad.

Attached: 20181028193806_1.jpg (1920x1080, 427K)

I love racing games, especially arcade racers. I found my ridge racer 6 disc when I was cleaning my room the other day, it's one of my more favorite racing games.

What I do hate is this obsession that racing fans seem to currently have with sim racers and simcade racers to the point that any mention of arcade racing games in their presence is met with scrutiny.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm saving up for it. I had AC since early access and never got a chance to play it, is all.

It'd take me a month or so to save up for that. That ain't so bad. The ones I was looking at were in the 400s

Coolio. Thanks.

this. Forza has always been behind in the physics department. Maybe the data has been better than GT but the implementation just hasn't been as good. I've had a mid engine car sliding in the rain many times in real life, and I know how touchy it is. It just doesn't feel that way in Forza, like it does in GT4. This thread makes me miss playing Assetto Corsa actually. I need to put my computer back together..

I like AC for mods, but man that interior looks awful. Never liked the sounds either.

Attached: gt (9).webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

The first race with the Fiats is the hardest.
You'll need to practice for a while to get a feel of how to make the car turn.

It's 5 years old now, could use a full update instead of Competizone

Why put a passenger seat in a race car?

I use an xbox 360 controller and I was at one point one of the faster guys online on Mt Akina downhill in the AE86. You just have to get the settings really right. You need to fool around with the controller settings a lot until you feel you have enough degree of control over the car. things like speed sensitivity, deadzone, saturation or whatever and the rest of em. It'll take a good day or more of trial and error and you might even want to make multiple control profiles depending on what kind of car you're driving. I have profiles for when driving an F1 car, a production car, a GT3 car, and a classic F1 car.

You know you're in for a wild ride if turbo flutter is louder than a screaming i5

Attached: preuzmi.jpg (261x193, 10K)

Technically they're all totally different but they all feel the same to me. Don't have that problem in simulators. Not sure if all that effort was worth it.

>iRacing/AC/rFactor players act all elitist and superior when talking about how Forza and GT are totally not real sims
>buy AC and have literally zero problem transitioning at all, because more realistic physics does not necessarily mean harder
>buy Wipeout VR for a change of pace, and struggle to complete a lot of the harder challenges
Arcade games are literally no easier

Attached: akarin.png (256x256, 114K)

>muh 1500lbs

Attached: car_photo_506515.jpg (1013x675, 84K)

S C U M

Attached: Nissan SCUM.jpg (234x215, 6K)

Is forza horizon 4 any fun now? i played on launch and dropped it after a month

BASED SCUMPOSTER

Attached: overtake.webm (720x480, 1.59M)

They have a higher skill ceiling, the perfect lap is much harder to achieve.

post mehmet

Wait, Nissans are bad? First time I'm hearing this

it's either a wheel or vr headsets
and I think I'm going for the headsets this time

Old Nissan was based. New Nissan is garbage.

Attached: nissan printer.jpg (640x640, 85K)

Oh, I see now.

Gonna have to agree to disagree there. I have my own (fairly large) list of complaints regarding Forza but for the most part the difference between cars is not one of them. In GT Sport however I was annoyed by how pretty much every car felt extremely planted and stable.

They increased the number of classes that appear in hoppers, which just made the game worse. It's still completely random which one gets chosen and there are now DOUBLE the dirt racing and cross country hoppers than before.

They removed freeroam rush from road racing and street racing hoppers, which is the only thing of note they've done. Supposedly a hopper 'search' function is coming.

Attached: 20b68445-c4b1-499e-81ad-6235df70f0f6.jpg (1920x1080, 880K)

Can't speak for others but even if I spent lots of money on having a nice setup it would be far disconnected from driving an actual car.

so you dont break the car, samir

Anyone watch the GT Sport national tournaments? Most impressive e-sport presentation I've seen.

1999 Dodge Viper GTS

Attached: image809082017937287.jpg (832x468, 85K)

Lost
Stupid sexy snek

Play the rush series on n64, 2 is the best

my absolute nigga

Attached: 1534747195857.jpg (1033x679, 41K)

the 300ZX

Attached: 20190421_162841.jpg (2544x1430, 1.47M)

>want to play an arcadey racing game with lots of different customisable cars (forza)
>needs W10 or a >console

Attached: 1542540817676.png (275x320, 169K)

Bro

Attached: Screenshot_20190430-100424.png (1920x1080, 2.3M)

Thoughts on putting anime on your car?

Attached: gt350.jpg (1000x1000, 488K)

Nobody has made a better racing game

They've had 15 years to do it
youtube.com/watch?v=muux8juLHH0&list=PL594E33E5FFC0C6D4&index=85

Attached: 1499561768319.jpg (220x349, 23K)

Gamepadfag asking about AC here. I've installed a few mods for fun and it's taking some time to get used to, but I've figured it out. God DAMN the sense of speed in this game is nuts.

>NFS Carbon
>completely different handling model for drift and non-drift events
>those kino mountain road drift races striaght out of Initial D

Attached: 1518213757888.jpg (324x265, 20K)

STRAIGHT
CUT
GEARS

Attached: 18134337270847635456_20171231181405_1.png (1920x1080, 2.73M)

the car I own turned out to be the carfu

Attached: IMG_20190209_171049.jpg (1920x1080, 587K)

Amazing how need for speed Most Wanted and Carbon is seemingly the only game to ever get that thing's sound right. Not even Forza or the later nfs games can replicate it.
Cute Doggo too

Attached: 10.jpg (1920x1080, 1.12M)

thats nice and all but dont change that fh4 MP is absolute dogshit. What with ramming encourage, wallriding encourage, top end cars only meta, all these flavor of tracks available and you choose high speed no corners circuits, fucking freeroam rushes.

FH4 MP is unplayable.
ORdered forza motorsport 4 two disk edition to nostalgia on xbone

Can't decide which version is better either. The beefier V8 sound in MW or the increased volume for the transmission. Both are so good.

Don't know if it's true or not but I heard EA only managed to get the actual sound because someone knew a guy who had one or worked with one.

shame nfs are on paper good games but then you play it and its dogshit tier walking simulator trash what with how the game basically plays itself.

/o/ is doing a Sneks Only race on GTS this friday, should be fun

youtu.be/SiJ6xstIhoI
youtu.be/FstXpvGzxZI

Attached: 2001_BMW_M3GTR8.jpg (1024x768, 86K)

What does Yea Forums drive?

See

I'd join but I would have 200 ping at least

Rallisport Challenge was great, nice balance between arcade and sim and more tracks than most games.

So lame 1 and 2 aren't BC. Being forever trapped on og xbox.

Wait, it's playable on xbox one now?

I can't get into this. I can already tell I wouldn't stop and would go way too far.

been playing FM7 these past weeks and its great, they didn't change nothing physics related from 6 so it still is simcade king, however this homologation bullshit needs some serious tweaking, I like the concept of more grounded races, but some cars are borderline unusable if you don't put DUB wheels and massive tires to balance the PI, which feels silly on a fucking 919

also 962 best girl

Attached: Forza Motorsport 7 Screenshot 2019.04.25 - 10.35.34.68.png (1920x1080, 2.9M)

Unironically

Attached: hq2wptd892711.jpg (2208x1376, 308K)

Automotive is a pretty boomer hobby and the kids on Yea Forums fucking fear driving.
I'm sure at least 75% of Yea Forums don't even have their license.

Attached: 1551153988555.jpg (1920x1280, 461K)

Attached: a0bcb6f7b0241257f16ff21c44d1bb51.jpg (2048x1536, 611K)

Greatest car in Japan right now

Attached: 1550032842316.jpg (183x320, 11K)

Attached: 1535299042447.jpg (573x335, 49K)

thank fucking god
should be backewards compatable but i meant x360 which I accidentally keep calling xbone

*I do wacing in real life and its way more fun there. Racing games are still good fun.

Attached: 37592885_1726136700774101_8534170355831406592_o.jpg (2048x1536, 356K)

nice MR2 my man looked like a porche for a second

Attached: 1506852967383.jpgc.jpg (1000x442, 81K)

240z

Attached: 1972_datsun_240z.jpg (1023x680, 663K)

Post racing game webms

Attached: d7.webm (640x360, 2.87M)

Attached: maxi.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

Attached: carbon350z.webm (640x360, 1.37M)

God damn. I wish I could race in real life. That was always my "what I want to do when I grow up"

>every racing game is as easy as Mario Kart

Attached: 70E97F36-415B-4E95-A854-4B5B2A7D4874.jpg (750x750, 61K)

Which Initial D game is this?

6000 SUX?

Even Mario Kart can be tricky, there's a skill ceiling there too, unfortunately they have this stupid bs that fucks you over if you're in the lead too much which can become annoying.

fuck i remember that

Racing games are monotonous and not fun to watch
A popular racing game would have to be a MMO in a Initial-D-like universe with based e-celebs and permadeath

Attached: Sun-0.png (175x248, 28K)

for me, it's the RX7 FD. The best car ever made

one of the few ferraris i genuinely like.

Attached: 1200px-F40_Ferrari_20090509.jpg (1200x692, 151K)

Attached: sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed.jpg (1024x768, 188K)

GAS GAS GAS I'M GONNA STEP ON THE GAS
>remove kebab was (((removed))) from youtube

>mario kart
mario kart is rng
He is implying every game is nfs which is literally the perfect gameplay description.
NFS games play like complete trash. They are unfun after you become oplder than 12 and develop basic motor functions

>le evbin hold left and right until your turning radius falls within the corner
>le ebin if your infinetly sticky tires can't get you around bress spess bar and you are now ebin drift man

Why are we nostalgic for this absolute bottom tier trash game again? Is it because its customizationw as geniuinely good?

>that snare

fucking disgusting

Attached: Chief-Keef-Mug-Shot.jpg (960x1200, 86K)

based and redpilled

Attached: Desktop_2018_10_05_19_48_03_823.png (1920x1080, 3.54M)

Fuck yeah

Attached: 2018-01-09 16.03.17.png (1051x1081, 902K)

>tfw no racing game has my car in it

it's not fair, it even has a turbo

Attached: elantra gt sport.jpg (4928x2773, 1.95M)

Shit, posted the wrong garage track
youtube.com/watch?v=3oMQC7m35gg&t

They give you zero room to fuck up.

The very few racing games that dont do this are cool though

Based

Btfo
Also wrong

NFS High Stakes?

back to the containment thread

>>>/osg/

BMW M5 E60

Attached: 5746841947_63c5fcf7a9_b[1].jpg (1024x768, 155K)

gayest*

Should have waited for the Veloster N

Diablo

Attached: 8079941404_3c06fc640b_b[1].jpg (1024x683, 157K)

Good fucking taste

Attached: 11264.jpg (1920x1080, 419K)

everyone went crazy for the giulia so i think the new 4c got mostly overlooked, I think its still pretty nice

Attached: Alfa Romeo 4C-action dps_WWW_HEADER.jpg (1400x788, 196K)

Ferrari Testarossa

Attached: icpiznri04f21[1].jpg (4032x3024, 1.37M)

How this game haves better sensation of speed than some modern games

Attached: desoto.jpg (800x600, 35K)

Feels good to own your dream car, even if it's not as good in shape as the one in the pic

Attached: fc_img.jpg (800x533, 74K)

same but blue

Attached: 091bd1f4-abc9-4ca0-b249-b5ff0148ca61.jpg (1101x799, 430K)

>chromatic aberation
>when you're supposed to look through your own eyes

based

Attached: pump me full of juice senpai.jpg (539x539, 42K)

its pretty subtitle, probably something to do with the lenses

CA in VR is to counteract the actual aberration on the lenses so that the final image you see has NO aberration at all.

people went crazy for giulia because people want impractical car with extra doors and seats and fat they dont need

weebs are mentally ill

Attached: saveme.webm (640x360, 892K)

>Weeb
>Mustang

It's like double the cancer!

>extra doors and seats and fat
it also beats cars 10x its price around the nurb

Attached: tfw no qt gf in a camaro.webm (852x480, 2.89M)

>servers being canned next year
Evolution Studios really can't catch a break. I miss Motorstorm

That's no different from s()y souls with a dancepad. You could hold like 3 buttons on a gamepad to get the same result.

Play Samir Rally 2019
youtube.com/watch?v=YyhhShvpV2I

Attached: indian-rally-rally-of-maharashtra-2016-samir-thapar-gurinder-mann-crash.jpg (800x533, 205K)

>Forza
>realistic
call me back when LMP1s aren't AWD and the boneshaker isn't dominating A class

>TRIPLE CAUTION!
why am i laughing so hard
two things to improve is don't have those hard cuts on pilot voice, and it'd be great if he said those "you gotta focus samir" lines inbetween turns, then it'd be perfect.

Attached: 1525509718896.jpg (238x284, 30K)

>you can get the same result

no you cannot you troglodite
i guarantee you that you wouldn't survive a single fucking lap of the track

Attached: 1552982413876.jpg (540x586, 122K)

Attached: MSC_pic.png (1280x800, 1.13M)

iktf desu senpai

I love racing games, I'm 2 missions away from 100%ing this absolute devil of a game

Attached: 61T2GZ3YEQL._AC_SX430_.jpg (373x500, 58K)

Yes, I played with a pad before getting my G29 (entry level FFB wheel). It will get you familiar with how the cars handle.

Attached: pologti.png (1920x1080, 2.76M)

Why dont you give it a try then download Richard Burns Rally which is free cuz abandonware and try winning a rally with all assists off, realistic damage and maxed out difficulty. Then post results. The key here is that its full analog everything and even tiny differences in steering and throttle input have significant effect on your times and lines

any advice on tuning for drift races? Tuner path btw

probably because it takes half a year just to stop spilling spaghetti and start driving like a shitter who always finishes somewhere in the middle in multiplayer races of any decent simulator. racing games are wonderful if you like cars, not so much if you only like games, and amount of effort you have to put into getting even mediocre is ridiculous.

They're great if you like games too desu, I've had no interest in cars for most of my life but thanks to sim racers I'm getting into them now. They are hard but that's part of the fun, you can see yourself grow as a driver and become more confident. No other vidya genre has gotten me so immersed either, the amount of focus and flow you can get during a nice race, rally or even just hotlapping to get a pb is unreal

The other location that comes with that pack unironically has the best course and ost in the game.

FDCHAD reporting in

Attached: blue mazda1.jpg (1920x1200, 406K)

Attached: 1989-Mercedes-Benz-560-SEC-AMG-Wide-Body-01.jpg (2560x1166, 543K)

Which Jag?I want mai waifu

Every GT from 4 onwards has unironically been soulless.

You don't see it in VR you fucking retard.

GT5 and 6 have soul
youtu.be/2YdPNY7TihQ

Back to work, Ralph Fulton, you've got copy-pasting to do.