Thinking about picking this up since it's noe of the few FF titles I haven't played...

Thinking about picking this up since it's noe of the few FF titles I haven't played. I already know about the combat system, but is the story really is shit as some anons say, or just relatively to the franchise as a whole?

Attached: 469729-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-playstation-4-inside-cover.jpg (800x998, 115K)

Bump

its the best FF, but the first version

You best not be rusing me.

Just play it you big fucking twat

Attached: 1523974222973.gif (500x364, 356K)

Attached: no,u.jpg (1920x1080, 196K)

Attached: 1524014932911.jpg (480x360, 23K)

>implying

Attached: ..png (1059x539, 411K)

Attached: H8Ywo9B.jpg (600x600, 50K)

Don't listen to him, get Zodiac Age. The fast forward option makes the game 11/10 in terms of addictiveness

Attached: 1447743126956.png (644x644, 936K)

Since no one seems to be answering your question, the story is right there alongside the middling entries of the series. Everything past V always has a great first act, a promising second act, and then a third that act flies off the rails into stupid nonsense. XII is no different, but the story*telling* is made better by voice acting that is probably the best in the series (and one of the best in video games period imo), and the setting and music is very distinct from the rest of the series.

It’s my favorite (tied with VIII) just because of the really novel battle system and how the game manages to trivialize standard battles with how robust the gambit system is. Once you get the right gambits, the game can be played with one hand outside of boss battles and it keeps the pace brisk

>made better by voice acting
Since this version has dual audio and new game plus, I guess I'll go Jap and then Dub if I'm really feeling it. Thanks user.

It's one of my top 3 mainline games.
Goes 7>12>8>6 in my book.
All versions are pretty fun, but you gotta get some sort of zodiac. Zodiac has a fast forward and takes a ridiculous amount of tedium out.
The later remakes can be broken a little bit, and makes a few party members much better. But you can also play it EXACTLY like the original if wanted.

Also story is pretty good, you can tell some shit is shoe horned in, but its forgivable. Frans Ass should be enough to play it, faggit.

I found it very boring, once you found out some sweet gambit settings all random encounters and most story bosses became trivial and literally afkable, which was further amplified if you took some hunts as you ended up overleveled
Also the treasure finding system was absolutely horrendous

you people constantly lie and say this. "once you get certain gambit settings everythings easy!" you can't configure it to defeat everything like that. new players will definitely not know whats the best either. fuck off mate

It is the best Final Fantasy, no doubt.
Just make sure you get TZA on PC.

But is it true that Vaan is pretty much a non character? Everything I’ve read over the years is that i hurts the game to some extent.

you've read too many retards and have gotten brainwashed like a lot of others

Attached: 1496723269993.png (1293x1728, 493K)

Wish they let you pick between jobs and the singular liscence board

Why does a few of the characters sound underwater? Penelo was one in f the worst

He's not as extravagant as previous main characters. I guess Baltheir kinda overpowers him in character and personality too so Vaan looks worse off

buy it, it's a great game, but take the following considerations before playing it

>Ashe and Basch are the protagonists, Vaan is just a self insert
>Press left bumper to speed up the game
>Don't use second licence jobs if you want a decent challenge, it's a cakewalk with two licence jobs

the game itself it's worthwhile to play just because of the excellent english voice acting, Balthier's voice in particular is god tier