youtube.com/watch?v=sLFok2t605k
youtube.com/watch?v=3eIsTQIqSQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=blPxb9sPBlY
youtube.com/watch?v=3kEnPK5LNZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=5sVgmmszOjw
youtube.com/watch?v=W6i-FanLX5M
youtube.com/watch?v=Oi34FTZSqyY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Eradicate all of humanity with his contest or at least that what it seemed like. He's fucked over pretty much almost every contestant with their wish.

He just wanted people destroying each other.
There's a rare as fuck comic that was scanned that explains his story.

>tfw black remaster never
>tfw black sequel never
>tfw twisted metal is dead
It hurts bros.

Attached: 11731_front.jpg (640x906, 98K)

Officially, get souls for Minion. But he's milking it for all its worth until that day comes.

'Cept in the PS3 version, where he apparently just collects souls for funsies.

Minion sent him to hell in 2 tho?

>Tfw the edgy reboot was the best game in the series and nothing ever came close
What fucking gives?

Well, not canonically, but thats his fate one day.

God I loved calypso in head on. his laugh was godlike.

Black was good but for me 2 was peak TM.

Agreed.

You have to admit that Black was pretty broken and unfair when it comes to AI though. That game is incredibly difficult.

to promote white nationalism. fuck you David Jaffe

Attached: 1546719177568.jpg (249x180, 4K)

Cause it was made on the ps2 at the time which was still fairly new and even a playable online mode which made it fun as fuck.

All twisted metal games in a nutshell basically, it's just a matter of git gud.

1 & 2 had such a good OST

youtube.com/watch?v=-fDfwpghvcg
youtube.com/watch?v=I1nnHbF7CrM
youtube.com/watch?v=sLFok2t605k
youtube.com/watch?v=3eIsTQIqSQQ

Attached: head bang pop corn.gif (301x250, 1.46M)

Black was god tier also.
youtube.com/watch?v=blPxb9sPBlY

Attached: Warhawk.jpg (1275x1023, 162K)

No, Minion was the demon he bested in a race and took his job, that's why he is pissed off with Calypso and often enters the tourney

>we never got to play as warhawk and reign hellfire down on all the other contestants
Fuck you could even find the cube that unlocked him in the junkyard and I don't want to hear shit about unbalanced gameplay when you could play as fucking tower tooth.

That was actually for the rooftop level which is also named "WARHAWK" and incredibly misleading.

Been a while since I read the comic, didn't he make a deal to start Twisted Metal and give the souls to Minion?

What the fuck was his problem?

Attached: 3225757-minion.jpg (640x368, 56K)

Spectre is best boy

Schizophrenia
Disassociative personality disorder

Minion is just a lower demon working for the big shot of Hell

Honestly all they need to redo is reboot the series back to Twisted Metal 2 plot wise and then have fun with creating the next game.

That's basically what head on was.

Well that's lame, would've been neat to play as him.

Post your best main
TM2 Outlaw master race

The endings in 2 were kino.
youtube.com/watch?v=3kEnPK5LNZ0

Sweet tooth>>>>>> everyone else.

Twister

>he wasn't a minion chad

Attached: 487284-twisted-metal-2-playstation-screenshot-minion-boss-from-tm1.jpg (720x480, 49K)

Crimson Fury in TM1 or Flower Power in TM3

I had to learn another character because Minion is unplayable on PC online

Mr. Grimm

Attached: twistedmetal.webm (640x360, 1.56M)

Do people still play it or are the servers kill?

I think you can still play it by TCP/IP

Based and demonpilled.
Black minion was the best though, looked like something out of mad max.

To thank you for playing Twisted Metal.

Spectre

It amazes me 2 didn't get an M rating.

>we live in a society

Cause it was just comic graphic cutscenes, black was a lot more gruesome cause it used cg cutscenes with detailed gore and more adult tones.

Is TM:B the best example of a game that's dark and edgy as fuck but also fucking fantastic neither because of or in spite of its edginess? I still think it has the best vehicle designs in the series, every single one of them is so fucking good.

Attached: Sweetblack_1024x768.jpg (1024x768, 270K)

This is what happens when you give a right-winger the Reality Stone.

Yeah I loved how it looked like most of the contestants just grabbed whatever they had lying around and strapped it to their vehicle for protection.

Attached: Twisted-Metal-Black-EUR-PAL-PS2-2-4.jpg (640x360, 31K)

Y E L L O W J A C K E T

T.. TRU.. CK SO BIG.... BUT... BLA... CK STRONGER...

I think it helps that Twisted Metal itself was always pretty dark to begin with so it going full dark and edgy wasn't straying too far away from the source material. Also even though it was darker it felt like a proper return to form after 3 and 4.

Not to mention all the weapons popping out of panels and trunks and shit as you cycle through them. It's total cartoon hammerspace shit but it's so goddamn smooth you don't even care because you get a stiffy every time the trunk of Crazy 8 pops open to roll out another gas can.

Also holy fuck TMB Minion is such a good fucking design like said, it's just a gigantic fuck-you semi truck with some big ol' gas tanks, armored windows, and a flamethrower the size of your car on top. Shame the unlockable version is shrunk down to a more normal size, but it's still intimidating as hell.

I unironically enjoyed 3.

I liked Orbital and the crazy Griswold knock off family in 4 and wouldn't mind see them returning

I wish I could be as forgiving as you user. You're probably a saint.

ayy

Attached: shylow-barker-twister-in-game-cancled-dlc-b.jpg (1280x704, 353K)

I would challenge myself in Deathmatch. Fighting Minion in the Stadium gave him his shield back and then I'd max the CPU count. Beating CPU's with Minion in the background was some tense fucking fun.

Attached: Meet Tower Tooth.png (401x479, 394K)

Gameplay was top tier but I agree the writing was just awful.

Same with warhawk, he was scaled up to look intimidating but looked nothing like he did in the cutscenes.

Minions stadium theme was elder god tier.
youtube.com/watch?v=5sVgmmszOjw

This, 3 and 4 were trash but the gameplay was actually decent. They could have been so much better if jaffe stuck around at the time.

Who was the most kino character in black and why was it mr. grimm?

Attached: 51602-twisted-metal-black-render.jpg (800x459, 36K)

Nam' vet boomer who got fucked over by his own country. Can't get anymore kino than that.

Garmonbozia

>not No-Face
The manual is written as his diary for a reason.

I legit got nightmares from his story as a kid.

Attached: 51604-twisted-metal-black-render.jpg (800x800, 47K)

I drew a picture of him once and my mother thought I was drawing a guy with a baseball for a head. Thanks, Ma!

Exactly how was this dude able to drive again?

>Ask for the capability to ask his father to set him free instead of asking Calypso to get rid of the wheels himself
Not the brightest of the bunch.

Most contestants were fucking retarded.

>Black gets rereleased on PS4 via emulation
>but not the online portion
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

it could have been edgier too
youtube.com/watch?v=W6i-FanLX5M

He used his other senses, duh.

Twisted Metal is the definition of white trash vidya. It's great.

Vidya bullshit.

The PS3 game deserved better

Doesn't change the fact that it was pure shit.

Best ending
youtube.com/watch?v=Oi34FTZSqyY

I love how cheeky calypso is.

What went wrong?

Attached: Twisted-Metal-Sweet-Tooth-Reaper-Chainsaw.png (600x330, 502K)

Making it just three factions and not binding characters to vehicles for the sake of trying to make an actual story. Basically,
>no soul

They tried making a modernized version of the game but made it too overly complicated and ended up with a flop of a game.

This, the factions thing was stupid as fuck and giving you only 4 characters to play as was underwhelming as fuck.
So just like every other remake in the past decade?

Fucking lol but what is this?

It was 4? I didn't play it so I wasn't too sure. I thought it was just Grimm, Dollface, and Sweet Tooth. Gameplay looked kind of fun but I was just thrown off by the huge change in the 'story'.

My new dream hobby.

shout out to my Head On niggas in the thread
grasshopper here

It was 3 my bad, haven't played in forever.

I had 3 because I asked for it for my birthday because I thought it had a ufo in it but it was from some other rip off of twisted metal I played so it was either rogue trip or vigilante or whatever the fuck but I thought it was twisted metal because I liked twisted metal 2 and played it at a friend's house and assumed it was the 3rd one

3 had hangar 18 as a level with a ufo flying around the top of the map that you could blow up and use to damage other npcs.

>only 4 fucking characters in a twisted metal game
>some fan favorite vehicles we're just straight up missing (eg. Twister, and they made Axel a FUCKING PREORDER BONUS)
>loadouts making matchups more complicated than they needed to be
>talon existing (yes I know he's just a scrub killer, but the game didn't live long enough for the player base to even exist let alone figure out how to beat him easily)
>online straight up didn't work the first few months of release, band-aid patch was able to make people connect to each-other but then the netcode itself was trash
>it was one of the games that tried to use an online pass to shaft secondhand buyers; this combined with the shit netcode pretty much kills any chance of a revival

I can see skimping on the story/character stuff if you're going to make the multiplayer rock-solid but they half assed both and it bit everyone who liked the series in the ass

tl:dr game was rushed and too many corners were cut

also Axel was a FUCKING PREORDER BONUS I'm still mad

Attached: 1549869166203.png (1024x1023, 506K)

right after hitting the post button I remembered that the axel thing was just early access to the character fuck me

it was still retarded though

It was just all around trash and I think we all would like to forget it existed.

Yeah, I remember when I first got to that level I was like, "yes I can't wait to unlock the ufo" but it was another car combat game

Crazy motherfucking 8

I loved the comic book aesthetic of 2.

Thumpers special is no joke, shits deadly.

Attached: FAB70744-6EE2-4D2C-BFCE-8DEAE841A82C.png (640x480, 86K)

/vr/ has an active thread for tm2 online, they seem active on the weekends.

Same but I also liked blacks edgy grimdark storytelling also.