Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1Sv-iJT0fPE
youtu.be/f8cMxLrbytA
youtu.be/pTSGcdoJcCg
youtube.com/watch?v=IE-ZG7FV9Po
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: .gif (300x300, 931K)

Attached: ʸᵒʳᵉ.webm (74x42, 607K)

What's the most kino TF2 gameplay video?

Attached: .webm (1408x792, 2.33M)

Attached: vagineer.jpg (242x209, 7K)

thats it, the whole thread condensed in two replies

engineer
flip g and i
enigneer
flip e and n
nnigeeer

youtube.com/watch?v=1Sv-iJT0fPE
needs a webm

>use direct hit rocket to airblast jump
>while in the air reflect fully charged huntsman arrow to headshot speedjumping soldier
>land behind heavy medic, puff n sting the medic, airblast heavy off cliff

>not the highest skill ceiling
>b-but muh w+m1 meme video from 2007
>le c-tap mastering so difficult, much skill XD
>point and click on heads monkey island style
>oooohh running close to someone and epic meatshotting him in the back takes so much skill muh double jump
>b-but muh aim muh meatshots XD
>muh 6s

sorry homeboys, pyro has one of the highest skill ceilings. if not THE highest. that's why comp players rarely play him, he's too risky because he's so difficult to play

any rocket/sticky jump or airshot demo and soldier can do, the pyro can do as well. with stricter timing and only when the enemy allows it, meaning you have to react faster than when you can jump at will my dudes. all scout can do is pressing spacebar twice and spamming AD with his epic null-canceling script. that's all there is to scout movement. no rocket jumps, no pogo, no headshots, nothing. even fucking engineer offers more movement options with sentry jumps.

scout mains are almost as bad as soldier mains, get your head out of your asses. play some unreal tournament or quake and realize that your 'skill' is negligible, worthless scout mains. sniperfags are even worse, he has no movement abilities at all.

medic, demo and pyro are the only respectable classes.

Attached: pyro.jpg (401x545, 40K)

>he thinks hitscan takes skill

Attached: 1520990612870.jpg (155x202, 13K)

I showed you my speculation. Please respond

Attached: tyler.jpg (225x225, 8K)

>engineer players

Attached: 1542957639606.png (409x574, 176K)

Skills needed to master projectiles:
>deep knowledge of ballistics, in order to understand the effects of air resistance on the velocity of a rocket-propelled object
>solid grasp of the three-body problem, in order to understand how the gravitational force exerted by the player character, the enemy, and the projectile subtly affect one another's movement
>mastery of orbital mechanics, as properly aligning a projectile shot on an aerial target is no less complicated than computing the proper planetary alignment to send a rocket to mars
>phd in behavioral psychology, in order to understand how the enemy will react and move in order to properly compensate when computing trajectories

Skills needed to master hitscan:
>secretary-tier understanding of how to use a computer mouse
>although to be fair, the secretary has to double-click on microsoft word, hitscan mains only need to click once

I'll take things that never happened for 500, john doe.

can we all agree that weapons should be skill based, not luck based?

i.e. projectile based weapons need to be fucking removed from the game.
no, you can't 'predict' the enemies movement, you can not see the fucking future. you're not a schizo, are you?

by using projectiles you are basically saying 'i can't point my crosshair directly on a moving target and click it, so i just shoot at random places, hoping for a lucky hit'. it's ridiculous.

>b-but i'm topfragging as soldier x))) i'm so skilled haha
no, you are not 'skilled', you are a pathetic projectile spamming troglodyte. you're just very lucky, literally any newb could topfrag lobbies with projectiles. it has nothing to do with skilled usage of the weapons, good muscle memory or great reaction times, it is literally just a guessing game.
i'd suggest you'd play the lottery and get rich if you're that lucky. just don't come complaining when you get wrecked by actually skilled hitscan engies or snipers.

the only reason projectiles are still in this game is valve's 'no kid left behind' mentality. they have to have some weapons for the bad players to feel good about themselves, so even the bad players (mostly soldier and demo mains) get to win from time to time and continue playing/buying hats.

>inb4 I CAN SEE DA FUTURE I SWEAR :DD
prove your 'prediction skillz' and upload a 5 minute video where you do not miss a single rocket/pipe. i can almost guarantee you that your accuracy will hover around 50%, rather than 100%

XD

sure is tf2g in here

yes it is

*replies to u*

>/tf2g/ brings their awful cesspool of a general into a Yea Forums thread by ironically not replying to eachother because its the cool thing to do when your general is fucking dying.

This is a thread for discussion, not jaded cunts who have 20k hours in the game to act like they are superior and ironic because they hate a game.

cringe

Skills needed to master projectiles:
>deep knowledge of ballistics, in order to understand the effects of air resistance on the velocity of a rocket-propelled object
>solid grasp of the three-body problem, in order to understand how the gravitational force exerted by the player character, the enemy, and the projectile subtly affect one another's movement
>mastery of orbital mechanics, as properly aligning a projectile shot on an aerial target is no less complicated than computing the proper planetary alignment to send a rocket to mars
>phd in behavioral psychology, in order to understand how the enemy will react and move in order to properly compensate when computing trajectories

Skills needed to master hitscan:
>secretary-tier understanding of how to use a computer mouse
>although to be fair, the secretary has to double-click on microsoft word, hitscan mains only need to click once

It's the way they do things, any TF2 discussion has to turn into immediate ironic shitposting because they don't know how to just let a general fucking die. That's why I stopped posting on /vg/ it's just fucking awful and ruins any discussion that can happen in the thread by being ironic and posting about tyler, pyro, 2fort, and several shitty memes because thats all they know how to post with their sub 60 IQ's

>tfw you master the art of wrangling mini-sentries

Attached: 468.gif (1215x1452, 421K)

NERF THE WRANGLER
DELETE PYRO
BAN WEAPONS
LIMIT CLASSES
AND REMOVE RANDUMB CRITS

This

>mfw never really liked playing TF2
>mfw I spent all my teenage years laughing my ass off to YTPs, gmod animations and SFM videos of TF2

Attached: 1551177330258.jpg (279x580, 34K)

make sure to grab at least one sign of your waifu, Yea Forums
just one has the potential to turn you into a fraglord.

Attached: blessed arsenal.png (859x764, 821K)

*faglord
I hope you suffer a fracture waifufag

i fractured my right knee once after falling on a hill.

Attached: 3NP2ACB[1].gif (700x500, 859K)

I agree that pyro has a higher skill ceiling than most people admit.

IT'S
PAYNE

Attached: 1543722839963.png (300x300, 74K)

How come people who play engineer be such a fucking crybaby or very sensitive?

>take ammo
>engi starts having a mental breakdown in chat
>calm down friend
>tries to kick me

Attached: soldny.png (414x334, 12K)

you shouldn't really take the engineer's metal, bro.
no reason to throw a fit, but still

>chilling as Soldier
>see chat
>"other engi, please hit my sentry"
>sentry gets destroyed by a spy
>engineer rages at the other engi and then ragequits

Attached: 1554501631275m.jpg (860x1024, 46K)

With how many pub engis are too retarded to put down a teleporter or dispenser I've conditioned myself to not give a shit about their metal.

>taking an engi's metal
>now he's unable to make a dispenser, which could give you and the entire team infinite ammo

Attached: 200% italian.png (221x354, 69K)

>put teleporter exit in some bush near the first point
>enemy team pushes payload well past that
>use exit with level 3 sentry in hand
>put it outside of enemy's spawn
>repeatedly enable teammates to spawncamp them while I provide support with sentry+FJ
>blow up the teleporter entrance every time so the enemy can never find the exit
>singlehandedly win 30 minute defense pubstomps

Attached: 1538968430016.jpg (1280x720, 302K)

>implying he was going to put a dispenser down
>implying that even if he did it'd be in a good location

LEARN TO ROCKETJUMP YOU LAZY NIGGERS

youtu.be/f8cMxLrbytA

>playing the tutorial class
No thank you I do not kiss boys as a hobby

Attached: 1549734734348.jpg (558x524, 123K)

You got lucky, pyro still has alot of health, doesn't need to aim, very forgiving airblast mechanics, very good movement (that takes no skill, flarejumping is easy as balls), come on now.

The most skill is in blastjumping, nothing else.

>this shit pasta

Yea Forums is horrible for discussing TF2 in any capacity

The only thing that really pisses me off is Pocket Medics Ubercharging at my fucking sentry but other than that I ain't one to get bothered.

Hell I have a lot of fun for someone who tends to patrol one area. I always appreciate the little voice clips and the occasional high five/rock-paper-scissors, y'know?

this post is brought to you by the pyro gang

>interp isn't cheating

Attached: 1466858221968.jpg (1024x1024, 275K)

>playing the tutorial class
You mean pyro?

Is there some bug that occasionally causes pyro flames to go farther and do instant bursts of 100 damage?

The in-game tutorial uses Soldier and hes probably even easier than Pyro

>extremely outdated and barebones tutorial
>this somehow carries any meaning

Not anymore, it was fixed

Not a bug, a feature, it's a projectile with weight now
this is just wrong, pyro flames never did that before

>hes probably even easier than Pyro
found the pyro main
youtu.be/pTSGcdoJcCg

Based retard

b4nny
bifournnie

>pre-jungle inferno

Attached: bd8.png (279x246, 150K)

SANK YOU ENGINEER

Pyro mains have probably jerked off to this video

Why has Yea Forums been infested? Just a week ago we had more reasonable TF2 threads.
Have they been raiding us?

*clicks on u*
heh... get good kid

I haven't seen this in years.

b4nny is a pretty cool guy, most things he says make sense, he's got bantz, not too political, everything good

I EXIST!

Attached: 1554453001426.png (250x189, 40K)

Same bro, but it was because of gmod and sfm why I decided to play.

Attached: 1528081677350.png (680x503, 593K)

b4nny is fucking boring

Which map is best for spawncamping as spy?

Attached: 1554496408701.png (256x256, 73K)

Ill teach you how to really spawncamp

>go to hightower
>equip tomislav
>go to the lower spawn door on the battlements
>strafe back and forth in front of the door opening
>win the game

But if you must know, for spy its frontier 2nd red spawn.

>player destruction never took off
it hurts

Why is a strange gunslinger worth so much on marketplace?

is that sagittarius?
i havent seen that one

That's dirty! Do you have more?

Yea Forums, I'm sick of playing the game and getting berated for shit that doesn't even have anything to do with the gameplay itself.

Like, I use MorphVOX, big frickin deal. I feel dysphoric, it helps me feel better.

It's not necessary to vote kick me for using MorphVOX or whine about it every two seconds. I use it as a tool to aid in voice training so people don't misgender me or think I sound like a gay guy.

But these kids, they call me names like "faggot" and "gay boy" and they constantly are complete assholes when I'm just trying to play the game. Like, kid, if you can't handle hearing a trans woman on the mic, just mute me, there's no need to vote kick me.

I want XP, and I want victories as much as you do, there's no need to be a dick about it.

And don't even get me started about people picking on me for being a furry.

yeah, I have a wolfgirl avatar, yeah, my name is wolfette on steam. That doesn't give you the right to be a complete and utter sperglord and bully me for being furry. Like, you do realize that kicking a teammate could cause you to throw the match, right?

Not to mention the fact that it's demoralizing and annoying for people legitimately trying to play the game.

Just because I'm a furry or a trans woman doesn't automatically make me any worse at the game than anyone else, it just makes me different.

At the end of the day, we're all here to play tf2 and have a good time. And it shouldn't matter what I'm into, all that should matter is pushing the team to victory. Why can't people fucking understand this?

Attached: pyro confirmed female.png (579x559, 355K)

Yup it's from like 2017

Do people really do this shit

A mini sentry dies insanely quick doesnt it?

be yourself

You go girl

NEED A DISPENSER HERE

There is the classic camping from the grate to your base entrance with the sticky launcher on 2fort, its boring as fuck but you will go 50-2

Jetpack pyro can go from your spawn to the other teams battlements in about 5-10 seconds if you boost to the left and go around the ocean rocks, snipers hate that shit

Sentry gun outside the othet base entrance on 2fort is classic as well, bonus points if you can sentry jump to the bridge top and drop a sentry there using the rescue ranger to pull it from your battlements after you jump

My favorite spy map is ctf well, just hang in the rafters and jump down on people spawning and follow them out the door. Used to be a good amby sniping spot too. Great spot for sentries

Attached: 1555720225472.jpg (720x405, 43K)

Derp, the jetpack pyro shit is for banana bay. Forgot to say that

Attached: 1556158967608.gif (297x312, 1.24M)

I haven't been on 2fort in years now but this makes me want to return. Thank you

How long does the classic take to charge?

can you still shoot the backburner through doors (dustbowl 3rd stage spawn, or the door on steel A for examples)

might reinstall if thats the case

Its said to be patched, especially with the new flame particle physics but that has been said before and lo and behold it still happens. You just gotta test ot yourself

>they will never just reskin the Halloween maps

But it's so quick to place.
It's the only way to play an offensive Engineer.

>get put on 2fort in casual
>just escaped from a big firefight, went down into sewers to grab health and ammo
>grab it
>Engie who is trying to set up a base starts screaming in voice
>"WOW ANONYMOUS, I GUESS YOU DONT CARE MUCH ABOUT THE TEAM IN TEAM FORTRESS, GO THE FUCK BACK TO COD WITH THAT SHIT DUDE"
>ask him what the fuck he's on about
>spends the next 4 minutes bitching about how "I took his metal"
>say "I needed ammo and was out"
>"THATS NOT MY FUCKING PROBLEM, IF YOU WANT TO PLAY LIKE A TEAM YOU DON'T TAKE MY FUCKING METAL"
Probably one of the most autistic experiences I've had in the game, and this was 2 weeks ago

Attached: 1348718256031.gif (315x174, 3.15M)

If I accidentally take an engie's metal I just suicide for him.

GREASEMONKEY

Attached: GREASE MONKEY.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

I'm not dying yet!

Attached: 1551084385317.png (250x245, 85K)

>bitching about a lack of teamwork in fucking 2fort
It's the quintessential fuck-around casual map of TF2, nobody takes it seriously.

If this was blizzard he would be banned

YEAH

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1220x687, 46K)

rip desu

>queuing for 2fort or hightower
>ever

Attached: pepsi barf.jpg (500x447, 55K)

>aim at feet
>shoot rocket at feet
It just werks.

You could only get the strange gunslinger from a super rare crate that only dropped within a certain time period.

dont forget crouch

Attached: didntread2.gif (438x360, 2.49M)

Only to explosives. They're so small that they're practically immune to bullet firing weapons, and being wrangled gives a ton of damage resistance on top of that.
In any case it's a minisentry, you can just drop another one immediately if the first one dies.

>run into guy from enemy team
>have a duel
>miss all our shots
>awkwardly stare at each other
>killbind
>"AAAUGHH"
>he killbinds too
>"DAAAAAGH"
>other guy passes by and sees our corpses
>killbinds
WHY IS THIS ALWAYS SO FUCKING FUNNY?

did i improve?

Attached: 155537722576554.jpg (3045x704, 181K)

TF2 is kino.

i never understood aimlets who cant shoot stationary objects

>being exposed while camping your own base
>not literally being in your own spawn while spawncamping their spawn/battlements
there are demoman lineups that allow you to sticky spam the battlements from well inside your own defenses and its the funniest shit

Random bullet spread + itty bitty target is not a great combination. Most people don't even try because it takes a lot of effort to take it down and literally no effort to put it right back up.

post yfw u realised the FANs true power
>meme weapon
dont believe the shills

Attached: 1555073005412m.jpg (1024x872, 79K)

the fan o war?

if its wrangled thats another story but even a scout can dab on minis blocking his path, the other classes have an easier time even if theyre easy to put back up. thats why i spam em on hightower, so all the shovelcucks cry in chat

yes, the 2 shot terror of hightower

because sentries have aimpunch

If you're totally alone and have the advantage of position, sure, but sitting there trying to gun down a mini that you know is going to go right back up in three seconds when there might be enemies around is rarely a good idea.

>hightower
lmao

Have you tried calling him a nigger?
I'm serious. They're usually awestruck for a moment and then stammer something about muting you before fucking off.

this aint csgo
same with a normal sentry in that case, only difference is the engie cant turtle it cuz it dies in like one shot

>have autistic fit over a scout taking my large ammo crate to refill his 2 spent shots on that new Payload map and completely curse him out
>no response from him or anyone else

Attached: 1465693409454.jpg (600x683, 33K)

For me it's the soda popper, always fun popping a surprise hype and chasing after the rocketjumping soldier.

jungle inferno is a year and a half old
its been a year and a half since this game got an update

Attached: 1553712969545.jpg (410x424, 31K)

>same with a normal sentry in that case
The difference is a normal sentry takes a lot of time and effort to set up. If you manage to take down a normal sentry, you know it's not going back up for a while.

It goes up quicker, it turns faster, it shoots faster, and it costs less metal.

Anyone else have trouble playing on Watergate? I tried a few days ago and it crashed three times, and I just got it again before it crashed.

i hear u i hear u but what about this
>edgelord original using soldier
>no hats
>attempts to rocket jump up to the hightower
>BAM
>-100, 0 momentum, plummets to the ground where the carts start with 30 health
>just one shot did this
i do this all day on community servs

Yeah knocking people off the hill is also a fun thing to do with FaN.

a level 1 outperforms a mini, metal cost aside, and if its got teammates guarding it you should treat it the same as any other sentry because why would u wanna DM it
but if an engie places one in front of you willy nilly chances are you can one shot it still, also its completely stationary, size doesnt matter if it cant move, u headshot people as sniper when u play him and people move quite a bit with their tiny smol heads

Attached: mf3io0.jpg (808x517, 35K)

agreed, but the satisfaction that comes with effortlessly denying soldiers the ability to even jump isnt matched anywhere else in the game

>a level 1 outperforms a mini, metal cost aside
A level 1 has a build time and can't be slapped down literally anywhere in only a couple of seconds. Level 1s also start at 1 hp when construction is started, whereas minis start at 50. Minisentries also have faster turn rate, meaning you can't out-strafe them.
>size doesnt matter if it cant move
You keep missing the point. Bullet firing weapons have random spread. Minisentries are so small that random bullet spread will play a large factor in your ability to hit them even if you keep your cursor directly over them. The only way to mitigate the effect of random spread would be to be inside of the mini's firing range, which is an unavoidable 48 DPS for as long as it's alive.

I killed someone while doing this in setup yesterday

>playing Standin
>Red has A and C, we have B
>they're capping our B, but three fucking idiots are trying to get A
Does nobody understand how that map fucking works? Jesus Christ.

Yeah, it really is the bane of all Scouts.

Sniper is an argument for post-term abortion, and the game would be better without him, change my mind.

Sentries are the bane of Scouts to begin with

Yeah, but you know where to expect the big ones, generally. But those little ones come out of nowhere.

>

Attached: 1555686115653.png (349x461, 92K)

you wasted your life on this pasta

WHACK HIM!

nice pasta

>no one is working on the comic right now
>no updates in sight
>overwatch made a comeback with workshop
I guess tf2 is not outliving overwatch

Don't worry, it will.

>change my mind
tf2 is meant to be closer to pve than pvp when it comes to bamance

with some ennemies your odds are good, with some, they're bad, it's all about learning to recognize what is athreat to you and reacting accordingly

are you one of those cocky medics that spams crossbow bolts then goes "wtf he killed me at long range?!?!"

Quickscoping should be nerfed.

Stickyjumping has the highest skill ceiling in tf2 and there's nothing you can do to change that
youtube.com/watch?v=IE-ZG7FV9Po

(not him)
I'm not entirely sure.

On the one hand, tf2 seems kind of future-proof.
Even if everyone at valve were to simultaneously die of a heart-attack, we'd still have community servers, and thanks to community-servers we have the options of custom-maps, server plugins, and even full mods like the tf2 demake that's designed around 4 teams instead of 2.
But if we're talking actually getting new content, then unless valve changes its mind or the current devs get more efficient (eg, pump high-quality fan content into the game like an IV hose) then we'll have to get used to something like 1 content-update somewhere between 2 years and forever apart.

Blizzard makes games that last, unless until they get a direct sequel.
They have enough of a player-base that shells-out loads of dosh to release content at a good rate.
They don't allow fan-content in anything that isn't an RTS though, and there's no community servers, so if they do drop it it's fucked

This makes my dispenser erect

Well, I meant the former. TF2 will have thousands of players in 2050.
But will Valve get their collective head out of their collective ass? I don't know.

I am heavy weapons guy, and this... is very bad ;^(

Attached: Heavytaunt1.png (736x1136, 529K)

>bodyshots you while you're doing quick maths

Attached: 20110819185800!Machina.png (728x691, 196K)

>>overwatch made a comeback with workshop
Yeah, Gaben is really shitting himself over not being able to import models, items, or maps into the workshop.
In all seriousness, the Overwatch workshop is a fucking joke. Blizzard even said they can't even give different characters other ultimates with the workshop because their spaghetti code is fucking shit.

OHH NOO

actually most of my scout skills come from quake and smash melee, learning and perfecting single jump bhops, ledge cancelling, micro-movement baits and perfect/constant use of air strafe makes scouts movement incredibly complex. No where near as complex as some other games but certainly pushed to its limit when forced to weave around soldiers and stickies

Attached: 1551832935376.jpg (1000x1000, 407K)

Post weapon ideas.

>tfw DemoKnighting

Attached: 1530020588406.jpg (780x481, 180K)

>join game
>leave spawn
>get headshot
>5 of the enemy team are snipers
>see this
Fucking bots.

Attached: fucking botniggers.jpg (1360x768, 217K)

Attached: output4M8_2pass.webm (1920x1080, 2.72M)

Let's all take a moment to appreciate how b4nny saved the game by helping Valve with the Meet your Match update!

Attached: matchmaking explained.jpg (694x576, 98K)

I have the most fun as gunslinger with widowmaker or frontier justice.

L-LOL?

Attached: MAKE THE GAME FREE TO PLAY AND ALLOW UNLIMITED AMOUNTS OF ACCOUNTS WHAT COULD GO WRONG.webm (536x302, 2.92M)

>queue badwater
>sticky jump to first as fast as you can and steal all the ammo constantly
have you done your part in increasing the suicide rate of cuckgineer """players""" today, Yea Forums?