Is this worth buying if my current left Joycon is broken?

Is this worth buying if my current left Joycon is broken?

Attached: zl.jpg (2000x2000, 266K)

You have to have it connected the system to work.
It's not wireless.

you can't even press left and right at the same time on a d-pad LOLMAO
d-pad eternally BTFO

Attached: seriously white.png (300x300, 136K)

>for 2D games!
>BotW branded

>for handheld mode only
>probably twice as expensive as a regular one
IT'S
OKAY
WHEN
________
DOES
IT

Do they charge more for the less than a dollar paint job?

It's only 22 bucks, dude.

no way a hori shit is more expensive than the regular one, they would be out of their mind

It's actually significantly cheaper, but it's also lacking core functionality like wireless and gyro.

Because it's missing the rumble and, most importantly, any wireless features. It can ONLY be used in Handheld mode because it only functions when directly connected to the system. That's why it's so "cheap"

I'll pay you one dollar if you can paint my joycon

>handheld only
lol

Why the fuck haven't Nintendo released an official Joycon with an actual d-pad yet?

Attached: 1555818884665.jpg (1039x1200, 178K)

Yeah, it's a cheap solution and the D-pad is pretty good. If you play primarily in tabletop/docked mode it's fucking useless, though.

That's fine since it's solely for handheld and every game that uses gyro in handheld mode uses the right joycon for the gyro and just ignores the left. If it had wireless functionality it'd probably be $20 more which would make it the same price as a normal joycon.

I don't charge money, I want you to give me a suck and call me "big bro"

Go away faggot

lmao do you not own a pro controller

But I am straight.

How does that solve anything about this specific controller.

Buy a real controller instead joyconboy

If you have the pro then you already have a d-pad while the system is docked, this is a good handheld solution

Why would you play in anything but handheld mode?

my eyes tire at low res low fps

So buying a different product is your solution for this product lacking features? Real businessman here.

joyconboy! joyconboy! joyconboy!

Since the Switch mini thing is coming out i bet a proper dpad is on the way

WHY THE FUCK ARE ALL THE LEFT JOYCON STICKS SO SHIT GODDAMN IT FUCKING DRIFTING

Attached: Easy on the carrots.jpg (1069x933, 96K)

>wired joycon
What?

I'm having a problem with my right stick drifting but only up and down even when I've cleaned under the cap with compressed air, it's driving me insane.

Attached: 1553808926536.jpg (584x575, 50K)

Moving goalposts, you (presuming you're who he replied to) said that it's double the price and he said it's not

>lol its probably a bagillion dollars!!! nintendo bad!!!!
>actually it's less than half the price
>WELL UH DUH BECAUSE ITS NOT AS GOOD AS THE REAL ONE
RENT
FREE

Wait I’m retarded, never mind

Bad design, It's dirt that's causing it, you can open it up but I'm sure you will break it, I did and I've been fixing shit for almost 2 decades, shit's just awfully made, I could put it back, because well, I am experienced in repairing cheap shit but there's no fucking excuse, it's not even a fucking potentiomenter, conductive rails are carbon on a literal plastic film.

>being a pro controller
>instead of a dongle

Attached: 5067343113.jpg (500x500, 50K)

>he doesn't have wired joycons
LMAOing @ your life

Use contact cleaner instead.

Attached: 51GMiqC01sL._SY679_.jpg (392x679, 28K)

I was only able to fix it on my Joycon by blasting the fuck out of it with an electric air compressor. Canned compressed air just wasn't doing the trick.

joycons in grip >>>>>> pro controller

Attached: 71jo7NyCAwL._SX342_.jpg (342x342, 12K)

Considering this does spray out a liquid wouldn't it be a bit of a problem considering it's not too easy to squeeze under the cap to clean it? I know it's advertised as "Quick drying", it just seems like in this case it might cause more harm than good.

Xbone controller/DS4 with adapter > pro controller > joycons in grip > joycons separated > playing handheld

I tried using compressed air multiple times and it only temporarily fixed it. Used contact cleaner once a couple months ago and it's been fine ever since. If you're worried about it not drying fast enough then just leave it for 5 minutes after spraying.

I genuinely don't understand why people were so adamant that the grip was unusable. The pro controller is nice and everything, but the grip is perfectly suitable if you don't need the added expense. Not to mention clicking the Joycon into place is a simple satisfaction.

It's literally made for electronics, dude. Give it a spray (or two) and leave it for 5 minutes.

It's worth noting no solution is a permanent fix, but using contact cleaner is the best, longest lasting fix you can get. Literally makes the stick function as if it was new.

Then just open the controller up and clean it out, faggot. It's not like triwing drivers are rare anymore.

Alright guys, will do, thanks a bunch.

Attached: 1327837826720.gif (267x151, 1.96M)

can confirm this. after 4 months i had to use it again but who cares. that can last like 20 years.

if your switch still has the warranty, get it replaced brand spankin new

are the internals the same as a regular, official joycon? asking because my left official joycons' analog stick has been giving me issues and id rather pay $20 to replace it with a good part than pay $10 for a chink analog stick that will probably not feel as good as an oem analog stick

I bought it, It doesn't have gyroscope so you can only use it for games that don't use it

You can't get any cheaper than that, it's a plastic film encased in a cheap plastic/cheap metal plastic.

>cheap metal casinf

few months ago i had to open up my joycon to fix the drifting. it went pretty smoothly but the casing that contains the analog stick is held together by 3 or so flaps that you have to pry open. as careful as i was, i still ended up breaking off 2 of the flaps. its such a shitty design. that said after i cleaned it up i have not had any issues since. however sometimes i get kind of nervous clicking the analog stick or doing fast circular motions, im afraid the last and only remaining flap is gonna come loose and the analog stick is gonna burst out

Use epoxy glue, just a very small portion where the tabs broke.

Yeah fuck that

didnt think of that, will do. thanks user

IT'S OKAY WHEN HORI DOES IT

What the hell do you need to press left and right at the same time on a dpad for?

Piling on just to say I use contact cleaner at my job all the time and that shit dries in SECONDS

each joycon can be used as a controller, person using the left joycon has the use the d-pad as replacement for the buttons, he is fucked, because he cant press opposite directions at the same time.

name two games on the switch that require you to do that with a single joycon in multiplayer mode

smash bros and taiko no tatsujin ¯\_(-.-')_/¯

if you're playing smash with joycons you're already playing sub optimally

I was in the same situation and I bought it, no regrets so far.
I only use the joy cons for handheld mode anyway I have a pro controller/GC controller for TV mode

Attached: IMG_20190429_224715027.jpg (884x663, 50K)

On smash(only smash)I cant use it to jump???And it works like normal on every other game so is it a smash issue?

I have one and it works beautifully. It's a must for retro games and retro-style 2D games and I don't have to worry about damaging the expensive wireless one.

I've noticed the drift only on BOTW and Dragon's Dogma, so it's not a game specific issue.

Why does it gotta have that gaudy overdesigned bullshit all over it

Can they make a third party controller that doesn't have some autistic branding plastered all over it? Does Nintendo not allow it or something?

Interesting, because if you have that base thing, you could use it with the base, and probably have a good ergonomic controller. Seems to me that it's better than to buy a pro controller.

Attached: 1556373956881.gif (310x320, 57K)

Nothing about the joycons is ergonomic.

the grip is bad?

So you can post it on social media and make your friends jealous. Because seriously, who gives a fuck about the color of a thing you will be holding in your hands all the time?

The size and shape of the grip is fine, it's the joycons that are awful. The "pass half of the controller to a friend" gimmick means the stick and buttons need to be directly on top of one another, and that just makes using the right stick or d-pad horribly uncomfortable.

If you're willing to shell out the extra cash, getting a Joy-con with a modded d-pad is the better option. But the Hori one is still good as a budget option and if you never use them outside of handheld mode like I do

So the grip with the joycons are good?

I believe it's a better solution than have a pro controller.

You buy one of those d-pads with a grip and you'll have joycons and a good gamepad.

No, the grip doesn't fix the poor placement of the joycons' sticks. I only use that configuration if I'm playing a game that only uses the left stick and face buttons.

>actually tripfaging
fall in a pit gaylord

I see

>tfw using joycons with magnet-modded comfort grip, concave thumb grips, and dbrand skins

Attached: 1313043446905.jpg (182x172, 7K)

>dbrand

Attached: sg.jpg (1300x866, 124K)

The only reason to get this is for fighting games when using un-docked. The reason why I got it, and for 20 bucks, I wasn't disappointed.