What's the hardest shmup you've ever played?

What's the hardest shmup you've ever played?

For me, it's Deathsmiles.

Attached: download.jpg (297x170, 16K)

I just bought this last night and already have cleared it 4 times, its very fun and the graphics are super charming. That being said, its one of the easier shmups Ive played, Level 3 stages arent too bad except for a few dense patches. Havent tried Level 999 yet though in the new steam version thing

Attached: 1533411336665.jpg (460x568, 54K)

Rick and Morty black label

Mushihimesama, mostly because I can't get used to the bullets being that fast

SA normal

Attached: 1374532484763.jpg (471x472, 35K)

did you play the steam version?

Apparently, DDPDOJ White Label, I got to Hibachi on the first loop, didn't see why it was so hard. If anything, the sole focus on chaining and just blowing shit up with hyper made the game easier to understand for me than actually complex games like Progear and DDPDFK.

Have you tried Death Mode yet (choose Level 3 five times or go to the Extra stage)? The suicide bullets make the final level a lot tougher.

I got stuck on SA Normal for a bit when I was first playing through the games sequentially. It's quite a kick up in difficulty from Imperishable Night and Mountain of Faith.

Armed Police Batrider advance course 1cc is definitely the hardest clear I've done so far.

Working on Mushi maniac at the moment, but I've only just started and haven't even come close to getting the back half figured out and routed properly.

Attached: batriderj-190418-194206.png (810x1080, 10K)

I didn't find Deathsmiles too bad, and it was one of my first shmups back on 360. Ketsui black is tough.

Nice 1cc, be careful if you're playing the Steam version of Mushi. I got a 1cc on maniac but the replay desynced and after looking at the forums, apparently it's a common problem.

Attached: 5vq8qd.png (1280x720, 1.13M)

I recommend the ALLTYNEX trilogy (especially Kamui).

To 1CC? Probably Ibara Kuro Black Label or Garegga.

Ketsui URA 2-ALL

Ikaruga always kicked my ass. Could never beat it. Last boss is retarded. I hate this genre.

Radiant Silvergun is better and harder

Therein lies the problem with the community. Why is it a fucking competition? You're worse than Soulsborne spergs

Attached: silver surfer.jpg (769x671, 18K)

Ikaruga's cool but it's more memorisation than reactions, it's almost like a fast paced puzzle game. It's great, but it requires a different skillset to the rest of the games in this thread. It's why experienced players can do 2P with a stick in each hand, there's very little down to chance and as long as you switch at the right times you don't need to squeeze through particularly tiny gaps.

G.Darius bottom route I suppose

I could only make some vague amount of sense out of Hellsinker. And the engrish manual didn't help much.

WL is only hard because all your extends are removed when you enter the loop.

Just play best girl(boy) Minogame, (s)he's easy mode

Attached: Hellsinker.full.1009314.jpg (700x808, 181K)