How's that game coming along user?

How's that game coming along user?

Attached: big-list-game-engines.png (890x400, 53K)

I'm adding decorations to the levels but it's so fucking boring I want to rip my face off
I still have like 20 levels to go

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1265x802, 166K)

What kind of game?

platformer
levels are more on the Super Meat Boy size, so it's not as much work as it would be if they were larger
it's still a pain in the ass though

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1920x1080, 667K)

pretty good recently

Attached: 30042019_reflecton.webm (640x480, 546K)

Pretty good, almost done!

Attached: 1556575005668.gif (554x310, 612K)

Having problems with the AI but other than that fine

I really only have a handful of assets done, but kinda stuck on level design. It's not so much the actual art that's bothering me, so much as I have no idea how I'm going to scale the backgrounds. My art's too big for standard 1920x1080, so I figured I would just make larger ones. But gamemaker 1.4 has a max texture size limit of 2080x2080 IIRC, so I think I'm fucked unless I downscale my sprites. But since I'm rigging instead of using sheets, it's a bit tricky. Hopefully I can do it in Spriter Pro or Spine with minimal quality loss.

Thinking about how to store map data to make it moddable

I'm hoping to get motivated to start someday soon.

bump

stop falling for the GM meme

either write or copy a binary format or use XML

how to get GM2 for free?

Trying to figure out an artstyle atm for our character/entities, we have a playable demo already but we haven't really made a cohesive artstyle yet so a lot of stuff looks out of place.

I'm using JSON atm

Enginewar faggotry: what is the distribution of people among each engine?

Test

Question for all of you.

Should i fall for the SJWLGBTBBQ meme? I want to make a main protagonist, but i have no idea if i should settle for one gender, let people choose the gender, or keep it a mystery.

Attached: 1520314384360.jpg (750x960, 99K)

I really need to go back to it. Started learning angular but that seems like overkill. I just want typescript desu.

Attached: Screenshot_20190218-215433_Brave.jpg (1079x2094, 377K)

Really depends on what the game is like.

u wot? Just make a generic male protagonist and leave it there, it's less work.

Make a running joke where the lead is constantly misgendered, but they never say what they are.

>wanna work with Source 2
>will never happen ever

Attached: download.png (574x532, 456K)

I like this idea, thanks user

How do I code a doubletap dash in Godot for my 2D platformer?

I thought I was the only one struggling with this.

I'd use Godot, but I'd like to eventually be able to port to consoles and I'm skeptical about their "Lone Wolf Technology" porting branch since they don't list their rates. Unity would be another option, but fuck code.

Just wait for a sale. It is like 100$ lol. If you are too poor for that, do some shitty minimum wage stuff for a month and buy it.

Ask Santa, and MAAAAAAAAYBE if you're good you'll get it.

More or less started out with making maps in Source . I know that feel...

I don't know Godot, but I can help with some basic logic
when the player stops pressing a direction button, start a short timer in which you check for another press of the same button
something like:

>when direction key is released
> >turn variable dash_check_direction to true
> >start timer dash_time for 0.5 seconds

>if variable dash_check_direction is true and direction is pressed
> >player dashes

>when timer dash_time ends
> >turn variable dash_check_direction to false

does this make sense?

you could set it so that if is_action_just_pressed(your action) is pressed at a certain speed, then the character goes into a dash mode.
If you just want a double tap to work for it, make a timer and set it for the time that you want double tapping to work.
Set tapping the action to reset the timer and a variable, and set the variable to be true when it times out. Within that time, if action == true and timer_check == false: dash mode

start a timer and if the button is pressed again while the timer is running then dash

This week I will finally have the time. I may even finish it in the next weeks and be free.

>boot up Unity
>let’s do this shit
>get the 2019 update window
>requires 10.12.0 OSX
>have 10.11.6 El Capitan OSX
>mfw

Attached: F2921D02-306A-4DEC-9696-BBF55129F8ED.jpg (640x480, 43K)