Dear Total War players

It is the Final battle at Winterfell against the White Walkers.

Defend the castle. Bran must survive.

Available units:

>Northmen, Valemen, and other survivors - medium melee infantry
>Unsullied - spearmen infantry
>Lightweight archers
>Artillery - ~6-10 trebutchet
>Dothrakies - Fast lightweight cavalry
>1 defense line - trench and spikes
>2 dragons - ranged and melee monsters with AOE damage

Good luck.

Attached: 04294.jpg (1680x940, 191K)

as a reference, this is the defensive setup the writers went with

Attached: 1556542497809.jpg (960x1285, 135K)

you're forgetting the hero units dummy

Attached: c3cd9cf152e97f559e8e673420d51d1b.jpg (1278x1920, 470K)

Good point, add about a dozen of them

That's pretty much what I would expect from a M2TW siege AI

the cavalry charge into complete darkness was silly.if not for mel buffing them they'd be completely blind.
i think they understood the trebuchets would do little to no actual damage their purpose was to allow the dothraki to see something with the burning boulders. kinda silly when you think about it since they do know white walkers can easily make everything cold and magically extinguish it.

Just use one dragon to burn the wights and the other dragon to scout for the Night King. Everyone can stay safe behind the walls. The wights have no ranged units at all.

There, they won this fight with zero casualties.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-04-29-10h58m18s594.jpg (1920x1080, 232K)

Why would you ask brainlet total war players instead of chad aoe2 & broodwar players?

ice javelins & wight dragon

Only the walkers use ice javelins and they were staying in the back. There were also like only 10 of them at most.

The wight dragon is mounted by NK and I already adressed. They'd have Drogon on standby just for NK on Viserion.

Attached: 14897641339931.jpg (709x843, 89K)

This show is fucking garbage now. Fat man better write faster so he can salvage this shit show.

Mod the game and use a gun.

Attached: 1538913896509.png (646x618, 430K)

Dance off with the night king while arya sneaks up on him and kicks him in the nether regions

>Artillery infront of infantry
>Send light cav in first
what did they mean by this

Kisho Ninjas deployed hidden in a nearby forest. The fuck are they gonna do against flash grenades?

>tfw dragon gets one-shotted by a tank

Attached: 18449239-5F4E-48C9-AE97-9065C01DEFBB.jpg (586x580, 75K)

>auto_win defender

fuck off with your garbage to reddit

spears at the front behind trenches and spikes
archers right behind
medium melee right behind archers ready to take their place if spears are exposed
cav hidden away on the side for flank attacks when the enemy breaches deep in
dragons used sparingly to attack exposed units, keep them together and healthy for a joint attack/defence on the zombie dragon if needed
should be piss easy, i dont think the dead have any ranged units

I have never defended a TW siege by going outside the castle

Attached: 1433716581317.png (213x201, 41K)

A Westeros Total War game would've printed so much money.

1x goblin assassin

Attached: 1556517203203.jpg (772x1150, 217K)

1. Pause Game
2. Esc
3. Settings
4. Video
5. Turn the Brightness up
Now we're talking

Attached: 1353522173681.jpg (399x399, 9K)

based

>Mount a .50 cal on a dragon
>It ain't me starts playing
Would've been a far better episode.

shit was so fucking dark I couldn't see shit

Fuck all that gimme whatever green oil is left in GoT and I'll just pull a Blackwater II. Also coat the trebuchet boulders in green oil

Just give me 10 good men.

Attached: 0FkY7mn.jpg (1094x414, 71K)

lmao Farkas

>Teleports behind her
I assumed the Night King gender wrong I guess.

Defensive position while bombarding with trebuchet, Dothrakies to cover flanks and melee to protect archers as they loose

but its kind of unrealistic since the enemies outnumbered them by so much they would be swarmed on all sides

or I just send in Arya

Attached: Rip.png (2560x1440, 47K)

-Archers and spearmen on the wall
-Unsullied phalanx guarding Bran at all times, along with one dragon
-Other dragon periodically scrapes the wall and torches the piling undead in areas they begin to amass
-Dothraki cavalry all begin behind the castle and only serve to maintain a point of retreat from behind, as well as to periodically scrape away at the enemy's outer flanks
-Trebuchets positioned behind the castle or inside of it (whichever I have space for) and being protected by an active defensive team of Dothraki
-All random Northern monkeys are on support duty and will exclusively serve to either continually funnel resources into the trebuchets, back up weakening areas on the walls, or slathering areas with pitch and oil to ignite and keep flame barriers up at all times
-Arya and whatever other Hero Units I can get my hands on will remain near enough to Bran that they will be capable of fighting their way up next to him, or near a dragon that we can simply drop on NK.

*Defensive trench is useless unless we have a fire mage present, and unless I can guarantee that flag as soon as the battle begins, I'm not wasting time with it
*Since I have no prior knowledge of the dragon, it'd be hell to figure that chunk of the fight out without abandoning the post to send two dragons out after NK
*Raping my visibility and sound with the giant snowstorm would be a humongous handicap for communication, so we'd need valuable people to keep an information network open at all times

I know they needed the dothraki to all die immediately to make Dany go apeshit and go for revenge, but I really wish the writers would for once use cavalry as a flanking finisher, and not just a dumbfire shotgun.

Well we know that the whole army gets a massive leadership penalty when the night king dies, and the has Invocation of Nehek rank 100 anyway, so killing him is priority #1.
Knowing that, put unsullied on the walls to defend against the wights, which are basically useless vampire count zombie units, only there's 1000 of them.
Light the fires as soon as the horde approaches and have trebuchets behind the walls firing around the trench constantly.
Get some archers on the front gate walls to kill any giants coming for the gate.
Dragons and all other ranged units go for the night king. If he lands, throw Arya and all the other hero units at him. Even assuming TW combat, they'll make short work of him.
Horses are useless here, just make them harass the other white walkers or something and never keep them in melee.

It's an edit of a previous goblin teleportation scene where they slapped NK's face over Brienne's. It's absolutely retarded but I guess they did establish precedent for it.

I'm no fire mage but I'm stockpiling the remaining Wildfire, I'll help with your trench.

Why not defend inside walls?

Attached: 1556545810664.jpg (2160x1200, 368K)

because the humans arent mining minerals and vespene gas, so they have no build orders

at least this.

You know you're going to get swarmed. Why the fuck wouldn't you have a trench to least slow them down and have the unsullied just spear them in the trench.

They had a massive army that apparently doesn't know anything about Siege warfare or how to dig.

And makes no sense. We have a massive swarm army... let's just zerg 1 side and not flank

Attached: 1555985990886.jpg (750x484, 24K)

Nobody has wildfire in the entire kingdom except for Cersei and the Lannisters. It's a nice pipe dream but with the resources they had, there's no point in making a strategic opening for that. Otherwise we could just relocate the entire battle to a different fort, give ourselves different tools and resources, a different time of day, etc.

there's a better one floating around that actually put some effort in and came out right after ep aired.

Attached: 1556504185447.png (1200x1781, 1.26M)

Attached: 1526391519769.jpg (252x250, 60K)

what happened to Jon's dragon anyway
did he die? did he just fuck off?

I think he just fucked off, he dragon was in the next episode preview

It crashed down after getting wounded severely from the wight dragon.
Since the other wights jumped Danys dragon I assumed they would've been able to slaughter Jons dragon when it was grounded.

I thought they killed the wight dragon at that time too, so when the wight dragon showed up later I figured it was Jons freshly raised dragon , but I guess not because: >he dragon was in the next episode preview

Attached: dragons.webm (1920x1080, 2.76M)

Elessar Telcontar > Jon "Cousinfucker" Snow

Attached: 157459-1534149631.jpg (640x360, 40K)

Aha, but, hmm hmm, WHAT was his TAX policy? *wink*

Attached: american tolkien.jpg (645x729, 124K)

This scene was misery to watch when you're an armchair general. I get the writers wanted to give you a sense of hope then take it away with the Dothraki screamers with flaming swords, but goddamn that was the absolute worst way to use calvary... And then the army hiding out behind the trebuchet?! And the shield wall with a foot of space between each soldier?!

Ugh... Great episode, terrible formation.

>Great episode

HAHAHAHAHAHA no.

>Farkas
It wasn't as bad as Stannis last stand for sure.

>Have Dragons just strafe everywhere beyond the first defensive line then send the Dothraki to kill the White Walkers once the wights are down to manageable numbers.
Wow, was that fucking hard?

He opened up trade with the Haradrim to help warm relations after generations of hatred between his people and theirs, opening up new routes of income for Gondor while also turning a long-standing threat into one of Gondor's greatest friends in the process.
>Martin's criticisms of Tolkien have always been horseshit, Tolkien was always way more detailed with that shit than Martin could hope to be, the difference was he left it in the appendices because he understood that shit didn't play a part in the story being told and would just clog up the plot in meaningless tripe.

>Didn't even want to write novels, just wanted a backstory for his sandbox imaginary world
>Still did a better job at it than every single person to follow him
>While also being a compassionate person who never got too high on the smell of his own farts
J.R.R. Tolkien was fucking incredible and my only regret is that the rest of you will never get to meet him.

did you?

I'll just assume this is a warhammer 2 mod and assume the following:
>Dothraki are just shitty light melee cav. Nothing special, but at least fast.
>Infantry is a mix of unbreakable Unsullied, shitty peasant rabble and trained infantry as well as some state troop type guys with several chevrons of xp.
>Dragons are hero units.
>Several Hero units mixed into it for morale boost and tanking several unit cards of zombies.
>Artillery is just a bretonnian trebuchet variant with flames instead of cows/holy water.

Here is my tactic:
>Bait the shitty zombie units in my weaker units in the centre and keep the elite infantry units/archers in the back.
>Archers only shoot at high value targets like the Night's king or White Walkers.
>Dragon Heros use their charges of dragon breath to whittle down the shitter units and keep the meatgrinder going.
>Shitty cav with hero unit stays at the flanks and probes for weak points/ scouts the battlefield for high value targets.
>Once the Others/Nightkiong show themselves, grab my heroes and engage, have my archers rain arrows.
>Bog nightking down with my dragons and attempt to snipe.

That's like my total war approach, but if we're not going by Total war rules, I guess I'd do a Hot gates, keep my infantry in reserves and cycle them out to stem the tide of zombies.
Baiting out the Night King might me tricky, so I'd use my dragons with impunity to get him to engage and bait him in front of my archers.

Seeing the show though it looks like the troops had shitty drill, daenerys lacked military brains/experience and was far to easy to bait into battle. I doubt that she would roll with the plan to bait the night king to a specific position and she'd just go full retard.

>great episode
It was fucking terrible.

it was a bit dumb, but it was a spectacle

Tolkien just wrote fan fiction for his made up languages. Dude loved language.

Once, when I was a teenager. We only spoke for about half an hour, but there was this bearing he had that I've never seen in another person since. I don't know how to describe it, but I imagine it's similar to what you'd feel if Superman landed beside you, like you were standing next to a person who'd lived more life than you would ever know.

>There are old people on this board RIGHT NOW

Attached: 1464092260314.jpg (693x663, 60K)

Damn.