Arma3 paid mod

Coming out in 4 hours
store.steampowered.com/app/1042220/Arma_3_Creator_DLC_Global_Mobilization__Cold_War_Germany/

Attached: ss_56856a76a3933bdbd9dd5052913215c071d3bb9b.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 948K)

I thought arma was modern shit, why would I pay for cold war shit when it's mainly just AKs

Are you actually retarded?

Do I get this for free if I have the edition that gets all the dlc for free?

no, pay 20€ goy

Why is this a thing then? Why is it paid? Nobody's going to buy it if it doesn't have a playerbase and it's not going to have a playerbase if founders won't get it for free.

no being actually serious now. It's great to return to the cold war but it's mainly gonna just be AKs right? It's just west and east germany correct?

21 Weapons
Carry 21 timeless classic weapons (including weapon variants) into battle:

West Germany

G3 Battle Rifle and variants
MG3 Machine Gun
MP2A1 Submachine Gun
PzF 44 Anti Tank Rocket Launcher
PzF 84 Heavy Anti Tank Rocket Launcher
Anti Tank Guided Missile Launcher
P1 Handgun
P2A1 Flare Gun

East Germany

KM-72 (East German-made AK-47) Assault Rifle and variants
AK-74 Assault Rifle and variants
RPK Light Machine Gun
RPK-74 Light Machine Gun
PKM Machine Gun
RPG-7 Anti Tank Rocket Launcher
Fagot Anti Tank Guided Missile Launcher
PM Handgun
LP-1 Flare Gun

All of the relevant optics and binoculars are also included.

ok this is cool, I played the hell out of wargame so it'll be cool to see these in arma

>Paid Mod

Or as we used to call it, an Expansion Pack.

>paid DLC made by the devs GOOD
>paid DLC made by the community BAD

You know what, it looks like these guys put a lot of work into this mod. Its looks expansion quality, and if they created the assets and aren't using anyone else's mod content. I support this 100%. As a modder, it's your choice to give something away for free or try and get paid for your time and effort. There is literally nothing wrong with that.

We'll see the future sales of this way of adding content to your game without putting any effort by the studio.

single player dads.

who are you quoting?

Player created content if it is quality is the future of games. Valve saw this a long time ago, mods were free because there was no way to license them, but valve games in general have always been extremely mod friendly and their games have thrived while non mod friendly games have died. Mod friendly games pave the way to new interesting game mechanics and new genres of games. IE. DOTA.

uh yeah, Neo Tokyo, Day of Defeat etc.

The Battlefield 1942 Desert Combat mod team was hired on by Dice/EA to create Battlefield 2. It gives indy guys a foot in the door to create games they have always wanted. I am all for that. So I think this is a good thing.

* Over 50 vehicles but half of them are reskins of the same car
* 21 new weapons but most of them are just re-textures from Apex, vanilla Arma III, and Arma II.
* Tons of new buildings for the new landmass though most of them are (terribly) retextured assets from Arma II and Arma III base game and DLCs.
* The price is $22 when not on sale, second most expensive dlc thus far and only $2 cheaper than apex and $7 cheaper than the base game.

Does it come with compatibility for the most common mods out of the box?

Difference here is that it'll be treated as a mod and thus be totally optional. People not having the dlc will be kicked of any server using if only a single asset out of that dlc. I might pick it up eventually but twenty bucks for what is essentially a mod, no way.

shitposters are already here so that means it has to be somewhat good

Id imagine so, all I care about is ALIVE and you can make your own unit configs/map index's pretty pain free if you spend a few hours learning it.

>blohemia releases a minor patch that breaks it like they do all the time

I was thinking more about ACE ballistics, radio working with TFAR/ACRE, and CBA stuff like scopes having different modes .

ARMA and before it Flashpoint have done this plenty of times before.

Yeah id imagine ACE ballistics is fine as ACE works with most custom content if it uses vanilla ammo characteristics? In regards to TFAR, you can always just spawn in your own modern day radios as most mods do, and isn't scopes having different modes just a vanilla feature? I remember that in the Alpha

It'll probably be how the other DLCs are handled where you either get a warning every so often to buy said asset if you use it, yet map assets are okay and won't kick you/spam you with warnings. Or it'll be like Apex where you can't use the map assets/map in the editor until you buy it, but can use them in missions

You need special configs for barrel length, twist rate and such for advanced ballistics, having the wrong radios always ruins muh immersion and I thought you needed CBA for the stuff like the 3x magnifier with a reflex sight to toggle the magnifier on and of.

>its another east germany shit
i wonder if we will ever get a game that focuses on the other warsaw pact armies other than EG and the SU

God damn Germans are autistic.

You’re only figuring this out now

I swore the scope stuff was a base feature, but I could be wrong as admittedly I always play with CBA on anyways. Regardless, i'm sure within the week all of these mods will have applicable configs/mini-mods addressing all these concerns for the DLC. That's how it usually goes for big releases in the ARMA community like this one

Mmmm, delicious reheated Arma 2 leftovers fresh from the microwave.

>really like army simulators and flashpoint
>always to shitty computer to enjoy them
fuck
any way is AI in arma3 still as braindead as in flashpoint 1? They either do nothing or head shout you from 10 kilometres in a fog

Attached: 1555963373133384362.gif (360x270, 2.25M)

Arma 2 didn't have german factions.

Attached: East german paras.jpg (700x925, 127K)

Yeah AI aren't great still, and take up a ton of CPU power and tank your performance. Mod's like ALIVE alleviate this on a macro level but micro level AI is still mediocre at best and tank performance

>East Germans don't use Russian gear

there are unironically mods to fix that, try ACE. increases AI engagement range and overall tactics

West germany tho

Attached: 6mm west germans.jpg (640x480, 92K)

I really fucking hate my how my entire screen is filled with BUY THIS DLC garbage when I didn't even know if it was dlc or not, I just picked up from the ground

no it won't.
hence why they tried their hand on low quality textures on arma 2 for people who lacked the dlcs and why in arma 3 they put all the assets for everyone. Anyway as far as ofp is concerned resistance was so popular it didn't matter and all red hammer did was add a campaign, the units were added through a patch for everyone. Queen's gambit nobody used it in mp.

thanks. In OFP2 AI was great so why Arma devs can do shit like this?

>buy edition of arma 3 thats meant to get all the dlc
>don't get this

:(

I bought some of the DLC already but does anyone else love to use that mod where you can change your weapon/uniform and spawn anything you want on any map? This game is so fun as a sandbox single player game

Attached: 107410_screenshots_2015-02-12_00002.jpg (1920x1080, 770K)

Its definitely a step up from being unable to pick the thing up because its DLC.

it's out