So I’m a little behind the times, just finished this

So I’m a little behind the times, just finished this.

T-there’s gonna be a sequel, right? You can’t just leave things like that, that ain’t right.

Attached: 110AEA9C-F650-402F-B7E4-15AC7CD04776.jpg (768x432, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gearnuke.com/monolith-soft-xenoblade-x-sequel-chronicles-3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, they said they want to make one last year. Be patient though.

But why would you want a sequel? I know it ended on a weird cliffhanger but the story in this game was absolute drivel, shitty plot twists and betrayals for convenience.
>that edgy katana guy who turns into the final boss
What a trash game, I liked the visual design and the music though

Do you control a single character in this one?
My biggest problem with the other XB games is that you have a whole party but most of them are on autopilot and there's not much you can do to change that.

Nah story was good, did it’s job as speculative Sci-fi more than most Japanese works and did a good job stirring up the mystery. Lao’s betrayal was also foreshadowed as FUCK so if you missed that one, that’s on you.

Either way I gotta know what’s going on. And see more of my beautiful space-elf wife.

Thank god.Source?

If you mean a single character at any time, yeah, you can play as any character in the party but you can't swap during battle and while in battle you only fully control your character while the others are AI-controlled and can be given some orders.

nope monolith soft only cares about low iq waifu bait money. Gone is the Monolith Soft that would try to push the hardware.

Honestly I don't want it anymore at this point, considering it would look like shit even if they tried thanks to the power of the shitch.

At this point even if they release a sequel, they will probably make the artstyle cell shaded and turn up the anime meter by 10, so no thanks. I only prefer potatoes.

You control a created character tcer, but you can also play as any single party member. Pretty stuck to one person though.

gearnuke.com/monolith-soft-xenoblade-x-sequel-chronicles-3/

>Recently, Monolith Soft’s game director, Koh Kojima reportedly shared an interest in continuing the series in an interview published in the Xenoblade 2 OST booklet. He was talking about not just Xenoblade Chronicles 3 but also Xenoblade Chronicles X sequel, and for creating a new fantasy IP.

Keep in mind they have five studios now, so they're most likely working on more than one game at once.

>Honestly I don't want it anymore at this point, considering it would look like shit even if they tried thanks to the power of the shitch.

My man we are talking about a Wii U game

Thank god. I’m gonna play XC2 next but I definitely want them to return to this.

At this point, the only thing that could impress me from Monolith Soft is if they create a new engine or if they release a new IP for PC.

And that will never happen, so I have no faith in them anymore. Regurgitating the XCX engine is their plan.

Keep your expectations... I wouldn't say low, but different with Xenoblade 2. It foregoes many of the improvements X had made to the first Xenoblade's formula and it's something else entirely. If you like X as much as I do, 2 is not going to satisfy your desire for more of it.

Oh, so it's no different from the other XBC games where you have a party but you only control one character at any given time and the rest are just AI dummies?

I didn't miss it but it was forced as fuck
>those literal 90s cartoon villains
>that japanese """""""""humor""""""""""""

>actually bought a WiiU for this trash

I'm glad Bayo2 actually turned out to be a thing or else this console would have been the biggest waste

How's the gameplay of XCX compared to XC2?

>Oh, so it's no different from the other XBC games where you have a party but you only control one character at any given time and the rest are just AI dummies?
>Do you control a single character in this one?

???

Correct

Wish they revisited Soma Bringer.

Nah I don’t expect it to. Honestly I don’t really expect anything to quite be what XCX was, it feels very unique.

What I’m expecting from XC2 is more like XC1 but with BIG ASS AND TIDDIES.

I haven’t played XC2, but if it helps, the combat is mostly the same as XC1 but the world is very, very different. It’s huge and VERY open and intended to be explored. You’ll spend more time on side missions than main story.

I wish Attack of the Saiyans got a sequel

That’s fine, the XCX engine worked some miracles with that hardware.

Actually curious, what did you think was “forced” about it?

>Regurgitating the XCX engine is their plan.
I don't see the problem here considering the switch's similar specs to the WiiU, building a new engine would be a waste.

Exactly the response I expected from hive minded drones, another gamefreak. Why make anything better, why even challenge yourself. Just keep regurgitating the same shit over and over again. When you have fans who eat shit, this is to be expected.

Bruh it’s been used for two entire games and it’s good
Relax your shit

Yeah I bet this Nintendo-owned studio is gonna go release a game on PC lmao

Sounds like sour grapes

>At this point even if they release a sequel, they will probably make the artstyle cell shaded and turn up the anime meter by 10
We can only hope so.

The moment the game clicked with me was when I realized I could go solo around the world.

Spoken like a brainlet with zero understanding of gamedev.
Ok, lay it on me. What positives would a new engine bring?

For fuck’s sake Xenoblade X was only three years ago my guy

Is it good?

It's not for everyone and it has some huge issues (mostly relating to story and story pacing), but if you like open world exploration, silly sci-fi, and crawling through menus for tons of customization, it's a good time.

>What positives would a new engine bring?

How about actually raising the status quo of jrpgs. being the beacon of hope that says, fuck squeenix and atlus, we are gonna make the best jrpg ever.

I forget that I'm talking to basement dwelling losers who have never done anything in life.

Titanfall and Apex Legends both use the Source Engine, which came out in 2004.

and both of their newest installments are trash for it.

You just said a bunch of vague shit that in no way is connected to what a new engine on the same hardware would do.

What about their current engine is holding them back? What is it they can't do on the switch due to it?

I think it’s really fucking good
Proper mix of western sci-fi and anime shit
One of the most densely designed and free open worlds I’ve ever seen.
Shitloads of content; I can’t even imagine how much text is in this game.
Zero loading screens outside of the barracks, fast travel and cutscenes (significant pop-in and the loading times are long when they happen though)
Really great sense of scale
Really great sense of progression
Tons of customization options

The #1 most impressive thing to me is that when I was exploring the world, any sentence I started with “I wonder if I can...” could be answered with “Yes”. Yes, you can jump on top of that ship. Yes, you can climb up there. Yes, you can swim out there. etc.

Do you know what an engine is

mfw I noticed I could climb on the outside of the Manon ship

Attached: lex.png (136x166, 37K)

Yeah that’s exactly what I was thinking of lol. And there’s even a couple of things to find up there.

That's their job to figure out. Out job is to not be complacent with them getting away with a sub 30fps excuse of video game design to bring an example.

Hm... I've only played XC2 and I'm not a fan of just how many mechanics and stuff is going on at once in battle. It was overwhelming at the start since the party members are busy screaming out their moves and I can't manually dodge hits (with exceptions I guess) and I have my regular attack as autopilot. It's functional, don't get me wrong, I just don't like it.

Nigger what

Attached: 1434325942112.png (717x604, 393K)

So again, you have no idea what you're talking about and just heard "game engine" once and think that's the solution to everything cause it sounded technical.

Considering XCX was more stable than XC2, it ain't the engine that's the issue.

>been stuck on second last chapter for YEARS now
>cant be arsed to grind affection for the character missions I need to progress on story
I'll finish it when the sequel rolls out

U focking wat

Port it already. It's the only one left behind on the titanic that is the wii u.

I don't even know why I'm arguing anymore. Let Monolith Soft become another Gamefreak, I have better games to play.

Yeah people are still shouting SLIDING SLINGER every ten seconds. Mostly just ignore them and do your own shit though desu.

Yeah bitch, you’d better run

The fact that you even compare them to GF is laughable.

Just take the L nigga. You're just another user that used a word they didn't understand. Happens every minute, all you're doing is making it sad by continuing to reply like a bitch.
Go find out what an engine is with your time instead of trying to save face on an anonymous imageboard.

I want to FUCK blue Elma and get WEIRD XENO VIRUSES all over my DICK

>mfw I realized you could literally just swim to the other continents

Attached: Nagi.jpg (557x605, 207K)

>finding uncharted islands while swimming

Attached: wah.png (511x415, 217K)

>Set one foot on one
>Level 75 turret erases my existence

Pretty different in some aspects, it's way closer to Xenoblade 1's combat, where the Arts are on a time-based cooldown instead of an auto-attack based one. Instead, your auto-attacks build Tension Points (TP) which is used to cast particularly strong arts, revive teammates and activate Overdrive (mechanic that replaces Chain Attacks where all your arts recharge way faster and grant additional bonuses). There's no auto-attack/art cancel bonus, no Special arts, etc.

Also, instead of having three Blades with three arts each, you have immediate access to a palette of 9 (I think? Might be more, been a while since I've played) arts, so you can build bigger combos. Also, since you have no Blades to cast them from the background, you have manual control of your buff and aura arts. Also also, unlike Xenoblade 1 and 2, there's no dedicated healing class and very few healing arts. Instead, you heal in combat by successfully answering "soul calls" (under certain conditions, your teammates will call for a follow-up attack, like a melee attack or a buff or something, if you use an art of the right category in time, your entire party gets a minor heal)

You know you're talking about Monolith Soft? They've changed art styles in every single game. They've dramatically changed all gameplay mechanics in every single game. Their world building is beyond the scope of any other game.

Yeah they're lazy asses for sure.

No no user, they reused an engine one time. Clearly they are completely unmotivated and should be ashamed.

Am I the only one who can't decide if they prefer X or 2?
Most people seem to prefer exploration and therefore like X or story and therefore 2, but I'm completely torn between the two games. I think 2 slightly edges out for me even though it has a lot of things I dislike, meanwhile X is the framework for my literal dream game.

X2 has so much potential bros holy shit, it could be THE greatest RPG ever made. I don't care if it takes 10 years of development, I'll wait as long as I have to for it to turn out right.

I think X is probably more complex than 2, what with TP, overdrive, soul voices, lack of dedicated healers, and skell combat thrown in the mix.
I liked it though, especially how little of the systems are given indepth explanation. I have 140 hours and still feel like I'm wrapping my head around everything. That can be frustrating in most games, but X so actively encourages experimentation and moving at your own pace that it ends up making the experience even better if you don't mind figuring things out for yourself.

You're retarded but even if you were right XB1, XBX and XB2 are all some of the best JRPGs in years

XCX is next in my queue. It sounds like there's a lot that's good to know before you start it. Anything I should know?

>The first time I fired the superweapon
>It one-shot a tyrant I had just died to

I love this game

Attached: C32153C5-1207-4809-9F67-828112DC74A1.jpg (809x344, 52K)

Kill the pigs

Secondary cooldowns are usually mathematically superior to two primary cooldowns
Do affinity missions or you’ll miss entire characters and armorsets
Press + and have eveyone concentrate fire on a bodypart you’ve locked onto
Remember what NPCs say when you walk past

There are a number of side quests where npcs can permanently die as a result of your choices within the side quest. Usually you can tell which choice is better through common sense but sometimes you need to have heard info from nameless npcs, like how to disarm a bomb or which wire to cut on a broken helicopter. I won't spoil you on any of the right answers because XCX shines brightest in it's side quests imo.

Also make sure you get Gwin's affinity to at least 1 full heart before choosing a 4th party member, it's necessary for chapter 11 and it can be very annoying to grind affinity when you have no quests to do it on.

It makes you think more compare to your average video game and it's not like your standard RPG as leveling and throwing stronger equipment on your characters doesn't prepare you for the powerful enemies you'll face if you go off the beaten path to explore. The game instead tests your understanding of math by allowing you to equip augments on your gear to empower your characters. After you get an good understanding of how that works, you'll start getting into Hunter x Hunter territory by learning how to use overdrive and auras efficiently to overpower most enemies in the game,

Xenoblade has the most autistic fanbase, i can't understand how a series with 3 fucking games already has a fractured fanbase of retards that hate nthe other 2 games, fucking nintendo.

Attached: Batman - Return of the Joker.png (224x224, 95K)

If you're familiar with Xenoblade combat, just know that they replaced the term "break" with "stagger" for some reason.

Also, a novelty for this game is that you have both a ranged and melee weapon. Your Arts (special moves) are tied to these weapons. Like, you start with an automatic riffle and a knife, so you'll learn arts specifically tied to the riffle and the knife, then if you pursue a class that uses a riffle and longsword, you'll still have access to all your riffle arts, but will have to learn new longsword arts. When an art's description reads "deals more damage in a Melee combo", it means it'll deal more damage if used after ANY KIND OF ART tied to your melee weapon, even if it's just a self-buff or anything. There's 5 kinds of arts delimited by color, melee attacks (orange, some ranged weapons have melee attacks, like where you strike your opponent with your riffle), ranged attacks (yellow), enemy debuffs (purple), self/party buffs (green) and auras (blue, more important self-buffs that last a certain time and cost TP to cast)

You acquire TP by auto-attacking with either your melee or ranged weapon (you can cancel the refractory period at the end of one weapon's auto-attack animation by switching to the other with the X button).

Each character has a set of Soul Voices (you can customize your own), that'll trigger under certain conditions (getting the first hit in in battle, staggering the enemy, getting bellow a certain health threshold, etc.), when you activate your soul voice, a B button QTE will appear on screen, press it in time and your teammates will try to answer your soul voice. If a teammate triggers one, they'll say something like "Stagger them with a melee attack!" and a text bubble colored after an art type will pop up above them. Use an art of the right color in time and you'll succeed the soul voice. Succeeding soul voices grants a minor health boost as well as a buff to the Art responsible for the success.

Probably just because X is so wildly different from the other two and like

Everything else

Ahh the game that ruined all other open worlds. Made on a system that everyone hates because muh sales. Produced by a company who thought it would be good to follow this up with a sequel that throws all of it away.

>Am I the only one who can't decide if they prefer X or 2?
>Most people seem to prefer exploration and therefore like X or story and therefore 2, but I'm completely torn between the two games. I think 2 slightly edges out for me even though it has a lot of things I dislike, meanwhile X is the framework for my literal dream game.
Nah, you're not the only one. I love both, but for very different reasons. Picking between them is extremely hard.

>ruined all other open worlds
In what way?

When a green circle appears on an enemy's appendage, press the control stick to lock on to it. Destroying appendages has various benefits, from lowering enemy defences to robbing them of one of their attacks to getting special loot at the end of combat.

If you're playing on Wii U, the game comes with an intuitive, in-depth game manual accessible by pressing the home button, if you have questions about anything, I can not stress this enough, READ THE MANUAL

>How about actually raising the status quo of jrpgs. being the beacon of hope that says, fuck squeenix and atlus, we are gonna make the best jrpg ever.
>wants a new game engine
What the fuck is the relation between a game engine and the game design?
>I don't even know why I'm arguing anymore. Let Monolith Soft become another Gamefreak, I have better games to play.
Why did you even start? Shoo! We don't have time to argue with someone who doesn't even know what he's arguing about.

You got some beef but you’re right about it making other open world games look like shit

It's better than all of them.
Except Runescape

Boy this reply chain...never seen an user get this BTFO. good shit Yea Forums

Attached: 1551285722894.jpg (225x225, 14K)

What this guy said. There's an extensive in-game manual, ABSOLUTELY read it completely.

Attached: XCX sidequest.webm (854x480, 2.46M)

Xenoblade 2 isn’t a sequel to Xenoblade X, it’s a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles

Are you retarded?

The worst part of this side quest is it robs you of the npc with the best voice line in the game. That and I always wished you could save the Manon Blade's gf

>the npc with the best voice line in the game
?

MOVE OUT! DEPLOY THAT PIZZA!

Fair

>port begging again

When will newfags finally learn that Monolith is a Nintendo studio?