Monster Hunter for newbie

Is this the best game for a newcomer to the series? I don’t have a Switch and World looks soulless.

Attached: 4U.jpg (1474x1339, 324K)

They're all pretty much the same, World has QoL and Generations has anime moves which make the game easier.
Portable 3rd on PPSSPP was my first. There's even a patch now to add HD textures to it.

That's the best game in existence.

World is the best for a Newbiem really easy, dumbed down heaps

>Generations has anime moves which make the game easier.
They compensated by making the monsters harder. Hypers and Deviants are dildos.

True, but by the time you get to them you won't be a newcomer anymore.

That's not compensation, that's making the situation worse.
Not only they introduce the ridiculous hunter arts and easymode styles, they also make them mandatory to use for everyone by designing the new monster encounters around those.

Guild is still a viable choice and no one is forcing you to use the anime-looking hunter arts. In fact, most people just go for readiness and evasion since they're the best ones anyways.

>mounting
why did cap add this?

The absolute evasion and readiness are anime, and incredibly overpowered as well.
The hunter just doing some crazy salto with a billion iframes from standing still with no running start whatsoever, that also trivializes sharpness management.

4U is literally the best MH game so far.

You said it yourself that new monster encounters are designed around hunter arts, therefore they're not overpowered.

There's a lot more old monsters in the game than the deviants.

Yes, and 90% of them have hyper forms

Hyper is just inflated stats, it doesn't change the way the fights play out.

Probably, that or 3U are probably the easiest/most forgiving (in terms of actually have decent hitboxes) of the pre-World games. The games that came before 3U are still fantastic though, so play those after too

If you are able to get out of the soul/soulless meme, you can have plenty of fun with World, especially if you prefer mouse and keyboard controls

>world looks soulless
I bing'd.

Attached: 46.jpg (720x1028, 105K)

i'm starting to feel like that you haven't actually played X/XX, because if you did, surely you'd know that inflated stats alongside near perma-rage and no fatigue aren't even the main gimmick of hypers.

>muh nintendo
lmao you fags really cant help yourselves can you, the MHW fanbase is literally the most platform war heavy this gen

>disagreeing with MHW criticism means being a console war fag
Except MHW is soul with all the monsters acting like real living beasts in the wild

Hyper monsters do change things more than just inflated stats based on the glowing limbs and lack of exhaustion. First the limbs glowing with red and black clouds often have changes to their timing of moves, often having a longer windup before releasing its boosted attack. These clouds can move around the body during the fight affecting different limbs and attacks, which means the player is constantly readjusting which moves are becoming more dangerous our having their timings changed.

The lack of exhaustion is the second. A monster that never needs a break or slows down means the standard push and pull flow of combat is in more favor of the monster. The player won't get extra chances to hit the monster as they struggle to catch their breath nor have the confidence to stay on the offensive in otherwise risky situations due to the monster's moves failing (ie rathalos fireballs being a harmless puff). Attacks and movement never slow down for a minute or so to show the monster's exhaustion. They're less likely to eat drugged meat since they don't need to eat anything to replenish stamina. The monster's won't flee to their usual eating spots, meaning the fight won't take place in certain sections of the map solely meant as a food retreat not part of their usual route.

>I bing'd
>posting le epic labo
>not muh nintendo platform warring
dont even try user

>Implying is the world fanbase who started platform warring.

Attached: copecat.png (610x681, 579K)

That's what I said. They hit harder and have more health.
Nobody is stupid enough to prioritize chasing the glowing spots over hitting the actual weak spots the monsters have.
The lack of fatigue doesn't mean anything, at least compared to 4U, because in that game rage overwrites exhaustion, so the latter might as well not exist.
>ie rathalos fireballs
Speaking of which. Now that you mention it, this might actually be the only significant difference the hypers had. When their head is glowing, they usually spit out bigger fireballs, or other projectiles. I'll give you that one (even though you didn't actually list that difference yourself).

>the world fanbase who started platform warring
literally where you brainlet

I started with gen wun. Start with 4u fu or world. 3u is ok, but it has a bunch of dumb shit like swimming never seen since (for a good reason).

You can always emulate P3rd to experience the glorious 3rd gen monsters and environments, without having to deal with underwater fights.

anything but world

>abuses and misuses the word "literally"
>his argument against the game is a reddit buzzword like "soulless"
>calls others brainlet

Attached: Aibou.jpg (900x1398, 221K)

I wasn't talking about the extra damage and health, I was focusing on a change on timings of moves and lack of exhaustion. It's true rage overwrites exhaustion, but that doesn't mean exhaustion won't ever happen with a standard monster compared to a hyper. Players could prioritize the glowing spots if they want to build their arts faster, which adds more decision making and risk/reward to the fight, (ie go for the weak point now or build up an arts attack quicker off a glowing limb for a stronger arts attack on the weak point)

you fucking faggot can you even read quote me where i claimed MHW was soulless

this