Lets not pretend you wouldn't love Fortnite if you were 12 years old again. You old jaded toothless boomers

Lets not pretend you wouldn't love Fortnite if you were 12 years old again. You old jaded toothless boomers.

Attached: Fortnite_Avengers_Endgame.jpg (1400x1050, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pS5peqApgUA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have the capacity to love games. A Hat in Time, for example. Or Hollow Knight.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 72K)

Im more certain I would play Minecraft insted

I'd probably still just play Soldat.

Ok basedboy

Go get your daily dose of onions

Attached: 1521471279095.jpg (700x695, 239K)

I probably wouldn't, I played Q3A and UT over CS and shat on CS when I could when I was 12. Despite CS being the more popular game with the plebs.

I'm 28 and play it, though. If I hated things because kids like them I wouldn't be playing video games at all.

It's alright. I'd probably like it more if I had friends.

Attached: FortniteKiosk.jpg (1944x2592, 2.51M)

pretty based

Attached: Shirt.jpg (1944x2592, 1.4M)

But I wanted to play edgy shit as a kid, not this web 3.0 cartoon looking garbage.

For me it'd be more a case of a new generation of kids discovering a "good one of those" for a genre I've already grown tired of, but is still fresh to them.

I honestly don't think I would.

I enjoyed MMOs and arena shooters (Halo 3, mostly) for the most part.

I avoided LoL and DOTA like the plague. I just didn't enjoy putting work into leveling your character, getting good gear, and then losing it all and having to work for it again once I started the next round/game.

I don't think I'd have fun with any of the battle royal games.

That said, I see the appeal. I have Fortnite on my Switch and have played a game or two.

Attached: arik-newman-goblinmage18.jpg (1596x1847, 488K)

FUCK NIGGERS
*dabs*

Attached: 1556394046556.webm (888x500, 2.93M)

Game would be really fun If they kept the Destruction but removed building

If I was 12 years old again I'd be playing RTS games.

Attached: you know he had to do it to em.webm (900x506, 2.87M)

I'm glad Fartnut is so big that even the Mouse is okay with their property doing goofy shit like this.

You honestly should consider trying Dota. I did not like it because it was a lot more serious than other custom maps for WC3. When it got so popular that the whole list was dota and barely anything else, I grew to hate it with passion, similar to what you have right now. Years later I decided to try dota2 and now I have multiple thousand hours in it.

When I was twelve, I eschewed all multi-player games and I have stuck to that decision for 22 years. Not stopping now. Never going back.

I don't really enjoy online shooters that much.

Playing counter strike source back in the day in a LAN cafe was pretty fucking based though. You literally can't argue against the comfiness of LAN parties. Every now and then we'd play some RTS like Red Alert or AoM and then maybe switch to some MMORPG to fuck around in.

Fortnite would be a lot better and actually worth playing if it didn't had the retarded building gimmick

I play it for the big team modes.

There's too much stress in a free for all situation when it's just you and a couple other people.

do you not understand the cartoon you just posted, retard-kun?

The only Moba I could really get into was Smite, but I might give Dta a shot. I can't hate on a game I have never tried.

>Picture
t.retard

>play big team mode
>use silenced pistol
>sit on lower parts of old structure in warzone
>rack up kills with it
>never get discovered or shot at once
Why the fuck does nobody use them?

How did superhero movies gain so much economic power in the movie medium? Who is pushing this? Ever since the early 2000s hit it never stopped.

I enjoy a super hero movie here and there but ive never seen a subgenre of any medium so oversaturated.

Its like as if the main games selling ever would be just FIFA and nothing else being a hit at all in any way.

thats the only thing that sets it apart from the other BR games tho

They would actually have to rebuild a chunk of the map to make up for a lack of building, since there's fuckall for cover in a lot of it.

Massive nostalgia and an overabundance of manchildren

THE MOUSE

>Lets not pretend you wouldn't love Fortnite if you were 12 years old again
everyone would, kids get easily hyped and entretained, no matter how shit is the content you are presenting to them.

I've never liked competitive games, so checkmate zoomer.

At 6, maybe. At 12, depends. I already strongly preferred strategy and RPG genres when I was 12.

Okay in that case go all in, no material collecting, replace the materials with a bar that depletes as you build and if it gets to zero you need to wait some 5 seconds cooldown for it to start growing back up
What i hate is not the building itself but the material farming shit, it's distracting and this type of thing doesn't belong in any kind of shooter

I don't care. Let kids enjoy their silly things.

To be completely fair, anyone would get hooked into Fortnite if they were 12 again because every other kid is playing it.

That's just how kid psychology goes.

And if your bar is empty and you really really need to build, you can magically refill it using the micro-transaction system, right in the middle of the game. Great idea!

Everyone played CS and I didn't get hooked. I went to clubs to play together a multiple times, and it was fun, but I still liked Warcraft 3 a lot more and barely ever played CS by myself.

But I already play Rocket League which is a zoomer game.

> ive never seen a subgenre of any medium so oversaturated.

What? You know these are all based on comic books right? The movies are a drop in the ocean compared to how many superhero comics come out. Oversaturated? Please, there's like a hundred other movies out that aren't even on your radar just because you're not interested in them and they don't have the marketing everywhere. You're like the fucking idiots complaining about zombie games as if they outnumber every other new release.

>In middleschool
>all kids hype up NBA 2k games
>dont play them because I think sports games are shit
No retard.

I work as a teacher and half the fucking kids have decided that Fortnite is a lame game for kids out of sheer contrarianism. These are middle schoolers.

Kids are fucking nuts and what they're into is completely unpredictable. They call each other "bot" as an insult and sit in study hall reading old image macros to each other out loud. I heard one kid, in the year of our lord 2019, say to his friend completely earnestly "Dude have you seen this video? It's called Charlie the Unicorn, you have to watch it."

I can hate the player base but I can't hate thanos dabbing

"Yeah, our game has headshots, what about it?"

Attached: Peely-Fortnite-Season-8-Battle-Pass-Skin-1.jpg (751x1200, 45K)

When I was a kid games weren't the popular phenomena they are now. I would have loved to have a game be popular and have people want to play it.

It's also crazy how good f2p games are now compared to the garbage we had when I was younger.

Attached: 1552960302815.png (890x960, 698K)

>he doesnt have a fortnite gaming crew
you're unironically missing out

Attached: fortnite.webm (406x720, 2.56M)

What in god's sacred name.

Is the new game mode fun? Should i redownload to play it?

>He's not part of the FGC
You're the one missing out, zoomer
youtu.be/pS5peqApgUA

I'm sorry, TF2. I'll never make fun of the banana hat ever again after seeing this skin.

It's just Team Rumble but with Avengers weapons and Thanos

12 year old me would be too busy playing RTS and the huge amount of 4X games available.

Let's not pretend you wouldn't love fortnite right now if you had friends to play with.

>all these RTSfags
Heh. Fucking nerds.

Either that or simcity for me

>I enjoy a super hero movie here and there but ive never seen a subgenre of any medium so oversaturated.
Because you weren't alive to see the post-Leone western movie boom, or the American western craze even before that where like 80% of Hollywood movies were westerns. Most of those movies are better than modern capeshit though, especially the post-Leone ones

When i was 12 i didnt care for superheroes. Now i still don't care for capeshit. Good gameplay when?

what about when you were younger? that 90s xmen cartoon and spiderman was my favorite stuff

Not him but I never grew up with western superheroes except for the really mainstream ones like spiderman and batman the latter especially having great cartoons. And a small bit of xmen but mostly because of capcom vs. streetfighter.

I was more into toku and mechashit back in the day. And I don't mean just power rangers.

I am russian, when i was younger i didn't have much western superhero cartoons to care about them. However, soviet animated films were my jam, and still are to this day.

Eh. I've never found the concept that appealing. Other free-for-all shooter games have existed and been popular closer to the time when I was 12, granted not with 100 people at once, but the fact that I found them frustrating with 8-16 doesn't lead me to think I'd enjoy 100.

nah I can't stand the artsyle and I couldn't stand it as 12 year old either

I always feel a small piece of myself cry out an agony when I shit on it, because you are 100% right. And for that reason, fuck you.

>install fornite because I wanted to experience dabbing thanos myself
>like 20 different game modes with very little differencies
>everyone spams walls
>very little weapon variety
>open area so you need to be extra cautious yet everyone plays like spastic chimp and you randomly die
>uninstall.exe

No I wouldn't, because even back then I've always known that multiplayer and fps/tps games are fucking garbage

When I was 12 I loved Zelda, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and platformers. I never wanted to play multiplayer games unless it was fighting games, Mario Kart or Mario Party.

I remain the same. I don't have time to waste on a few multiplayer games when I could be trying to finish my massive single player backlog.

The most obvious reason that I never see anyone mention about why there is such an influx is because we can make them now. Visual Effects have changed so much that now anything is possible to show on film. Super heroes in the 90's were locked to mostly animation and comic books because CG just wasn't there to portray them accurately. You had Batman as the only prominent hero in movies (outside of Superman in the 70's) because he doesn't rely on beams of energy and shit, just his wits, skill, and gadgets. Spawn tried and looked like shit, Blade was mostly practical, it wasn't until X-Men and especially Spiderman that people thought super heroes could be done. Super heroes have decades of history and hundreds of stories to fall back on. The constant release of movies in the same series every year make each movie a new chapter in the normalfag's shounen, and each team up movie an event for everyone. Seeing superpowers will never not be cool and people will gladly pay to see it

This is a long shot, but you don't happen to have the english version of Misha Bear in 'Who will get the prize'? I had it on vhs years ago but some faggot stole it, and there doesn't seem to be any internet uploads.

ok fair enough guys.

Attached: 1547152478123.png (447x697, 67K)

I wouldn't. I'd probably be playing DotA2 if i was that young again. Never liked rooty tooty pointy shooties.

>Lets not pretend you wouldn't love Fortnite if you were 12 years old again
I'm sure I wouldn't because I didn't have sugar rush induced ADHD and I was not obsessed with lame internet celebrities

I wish I had fun with friends. I remember playing TF2 with friends and having so much fun. Why do we all have to pretend that we are busy with life now? Just because we are adults? I feel like when you are 20+ life literally becomes 'no fun allowed'

Attached: 8b4e1b84320f51b7313851e592b2e37d.jpg (600x600, 82K)

I wouldn't. I fucking hated mmos and online multiplayer games as a kid. I stressed over the online friends and maintaining of my characters due to autism. I feel nothing but regret for wasting my life on that shit.