Games That Brainlets Can't Play

Attached: Oxygen Not Included.jpg (600x800, 453K)

reddit artstyle

I never get far past the initial starting area before getting bored. How do I keep my commutes reasonable and still get oil somehow?

anything made by Zachtronics

Honestly, I always run out of water. This game should instead be called "Water Not Included".

Filtering polluted water?

give me a quick rundown on this game

Funkopops are shit

ive played it recently
i think they reworked how water is consumed because i havent ran out of water on the early game

probably something with that mealwood crop not needing that much watering anymore or maybe its because i explored and found a steam geyser

This looked cool, but also came off as overly simple. Is it actually challenging or is that the joke?

this, especially spacechem
>inb4 factorio
shit's easy, just tedious. only brainlets and literal children don't know how to make a central bus.

brainlet

honestly not really that hard.
it's a good game for alt-tabbing and watching something on another monitor while playing really.

this to be honest

side-scrolling rimworld with a focus on gas, liquids and temperatures with the Dont Starve artstyle.

spacechem
shenzhen I/O
Papers Please

I filter the water. I even got more water from a polluted biome. I use Electroayzers (sorry if it's the wrong name) to produce oxygen, so my water goes up into the air.
I also found a Cool Steam Geyser, but I believe you need to engineer a way to most effectively collect water from it; at which I have stopped playing the game to take a break. I'll come back in 4 weeks when the game officially comes out.
It's moderately difficult. Once you get a hand on how the game works, everything flows like a matching puzzle that changes ever so slightly every time you play a new game.

personally managing the little things like temperature, space, and etc kinda breaks the game for me
not that i cant handle those things

thermodynamics isnt really that fun to manage sometimes

>put my eyes away from toilet area for a moment
>somehow one dupe manages to not only clean the toilet but pick up germ filled dirt get past three washing basins and deliver that dirt to storage spreading germs everywhere
I just want more options in terms of storage and moving items. Something like forbid in Rimworld or being allowed to keep germ covered resources in specific compactors.
I want another window, something like >pic related
Yeah, I could use sweep only for germ covered items but what if I want to use sweep on clean resources later on.

Attached: 1 min in paint.png (378x208, 6K)

>thermodynamics isnt really that fun to manage sometimes
I strongly agree with you on that lad

yes it's by klei but I despise this and love the art of ds. they went the wrong direction.

La Mulana (without a guide, although even with a guide it can still be tough at times). It has a 3/5 rating on a lot of sites because people got stuck or confused.

It's a lot easier since the last patch.
One wheeze wart and a few insulating/reactive blocks and mybase next to the battery room stays nominal. Just don't forget to insulate liquids passing through

Forbid Polluted Dirt, Rot and Slime from all storage and you'll be fine.

>inb4 but I want polluted dirt, only not covered in shit

Polluted dirt slowly generates polluted oxygen, you don't want that.

You can.

Just manually uncheck the slime and polluted dirt from all the storage except a specific one that's been quarantined.

>Polluted dirt slowly generates polluted oxygen, you don't want that.
I always make cesspool and fertalizer farm in one closed space. So I would also like to have compactor there that contains all contaminated shit in one place so I can take care of it later.

don't starve is GOAT

oxygen not included is a shit, tedious, unfun mess of a game

I think you got that backward.

Don't Starve is mindless resource gathering and tediously replaying from the beginning if you get ganked by wolves.

>Just manually uncheck the slime and polluted dirt from all the storage

That's what I meant.

>I always make cesspool and fertalizer farm in one closed space.

I just place all that shit in a green biome since all of that is basically a one big germ.

But polluted water in swamp biome doesn't have food poisoning in it, only slime lung in the air and slime lung in slime tiles. Or you mean that you make cesspool there but you avoid mixing sewage with polluted water?

>tedious
>unfun
>MESS
The smell of a brainlet is all over your post.

water is 50% oxygen you fucking moron the name still works

>don't starve
Only singleplayer is good,Together is shit

you manage an ant farm that's slowly boiling and filling up with poisonous gas

so dwarf fortress with less content and a pricetag?

yes

it's just shitty 2d dwarf fortress

Dwarf fortress has gas, fluid, heat transfer and germ simulation?

>Or you mean that you make cesspool there but you avoid mixing sewage with polluted water?

This, but I was talking about everything that generates polluted oxygen

(also polluted water is really not that big of a deal, since cooking removes germs anyway)

There probably is a mod for that and you know it.

Heh, I'm actually having problems for having too much water.

>Sieve is STILL fixed output

Attached: 1552175173494.jpg (568x402, 17K)

Grids
Your ladders should be huge, spanning entire colony in height. Also rare, because nigs take a lot of time to jump on/off a ladder.
Have mesh tiles "break" your main ladder at one point, though. Otherwise dropped items will fall into CO2 pit.

Rush for geysers. There is a guaranteed cool steam vent on every map.
Don't use water for anything except oxygen and toilets until you have a surplus.

all of those but germ and it more than makes up for not having that one by having one of the most complex physiology systems ever in a video game

this game would be perfect for switch. brainlets btfo

Attached: math.jpg (1000x750, 107K)

>also polluted water is really not that big of a deal, since cooking removes germs anyway
I saw dupes getting food poisoning from mush bars if the water or dirt had germs in them and it didn't matter if there were 100 germs in a dirt because the food made in microbe musher mutiply germs somehow. When you talk about cooking removing germs you have Electric Grill in mind, right?

DF is shit
ONI isn't perfect, but it's already way above DF in every way that matters.

No, having pointless simulations run in background doesn't make up for anything.
ONI simulations actually affect the game. CO2 chokes your nigs, temperature smothers your farms, rocket launches can melt your wires
DF bowel movements only result in autistic retards saying
>wooow my dorf made a poopie!
like a new mother.
There is no meaningful effect on gameplay from dorfs metabolizing their alcohol.

inb4
>b-but they get a little bit violent sometimes!

>When you talk about cooking removing germs you have Electric Grill in mind, right?

Yeah, forbid your dupes from eating raw mush bars and use the grill to fry them. I takes all the germs out.

Why would anyone ever make mush bars.

Water cooler does not kill germs, though.
I hate that dupes are actually okay with showering with literal shit.

How can we fix Klei?

>Water cooler does not kill germs

Yeah, but I prefer to use Jukebot for recreation.

They don't have a temperature limit, unlike mealwood.
They are good for emergency food production when you overextend or play on hard food difficulty and get a bad cycle.

Literal shit would be unfiltered water.
Sieved water doesn't have shit in it.

Water cooler is a noob trap to be honest. I only use it to mark my mess hall as a great hall because it requires a recreation item. Then I immediately disable the cooler so that dupes don't drink from it.

Threaten to shoot them up unless they hire a good game designer.

>How can we fix Klei?
>Canadians
You can't
>Water cooler is a noob trap to be honest
Why? I stopped building them because my colony was losing water FAST

Sperg out on the forums every time they fuck up.
It often works after enough people complain.

The problem with incompetent devs is that they take brainlets saying
>I like [shit feature x]
as
>[shit feature x] is done well, because players in general like it

But Klei actually listens to players sometimes, it's just that they have many retards giving them shit advice, which drowns out the autists giving good advice.

dwarf fort doesnt have gas, liquid and temperature management and germ/disease simulation though.
there's a few things I wish it would take from ONI
t.long time DF player

>Why?
It doesn't do much, but it offers dupes an extra chance to eat germs.
Any water bottle handled by germy dupe will provide germy water. Those germs can come from something that would have no chance to infect anybody, like a piece of slimed clay, carried over a ladder.

>DF is shit
>ONI isn't perfect, but it's already way above DF in every way that matters.
zoomer shitter detected

Attached: one yike.png (3840x2160, 350K)

Great argument there, 2cat
I'm sure you win every debate with it

You're probably younger than me and spent less time playing DF

>old GOOD, new BAD

>zoomer
Nice buzzword

Post your bases

Attached: 20190428125400_1.jpg (1920x1080, 649K)

Where are your power generators?

Two hydrogen and two coal. Top and left.

Post gas vision.

Batteries***

Three smart batteries, top and left. Mostly oxygen except for my CO2 pits. Some chlorine and natural gas in the bottom.

tfw too brainlet to understand the reason of smart batteries
ONLY 3 for the whole base?

I don't feel I need more, they are smart so they are pretty efficient.

>shitter/sink alternated, not grouped
>decor probably way too low to get consistent +12 morale per cycle (that 120 cap is a lie)
>reeds
>no proper ranch, probably no real lime production and no bbq every cycle
>alternating horizontal/vertical travel rather than efficient grid
>main chute only 2 tiles of gas-passable space wide
>no good oxygen piping, instead using gas permeable tiles which slow down walking and drop decor
>no heavy wire with transformers to supply main power
You can easily improve from this

Embarrassingly, this is my base. I am planning on restarting Friday.

Attached: 20190429023149_1.jpg (2880x1800, 1.03M)

You set the smart battery to activate the generator before it runs out.
So when your battery power is close to 0, all your generators should be active, so battery power won't ever hit 0 unless you use more power than all your generators produce.

>spacechem
I got to the production levels on the penultimate planet before my enfeebled brain simply couldn't go any further.

Attached: chem.jpg (1024x768, 258K)

Ok this threads got me interested in a base builder game? Which one should I play rimworld this or dwarf fortress or is there anything better?

It's called oxygen not included cause it describes the state of the game's buyers' brains

>tfw decide to make a Fart Base
>every dupe has Flatulent
>have to design a system to collect and filter out their farts
>collect all their farts in a tank
>use it to power a natural gas generator once in a while when the tank's full
it's inefficient right now but it's stupid and fun.

not him but I keep seeing youtubers do this but I always avoid automation/redstone type shit in all games.
partly cuz gate shit is oldschool HAM radio tier autism but also cuz having everything automated and perfect seems a bit gamey to me

DF is overrated as fuck.
Rimworld and ONI are solid. ONI is more of a physics simulator than pure base builder, though.

where people get confused though is DF isn't a base building simulator. it's a procedural world and story simulator with a main focus on a roguelike mode. the fort mode that spawned games like Rimworld, ONI and others was only even added to DF to act as a "Dungeon Maker" for players to go and explore with their adventure mode characters

>having everything automated and perfect seems a bit gamey to me
u wot m8
This is an important part of the game.

The only thing gamey here is player control over sensors. You can flip them during pause and your niggers don't need to reconfigure them or anything.

You don't NEED to have it all set up, but without it, you can't control energy.
You'll waste tons of power to overproduction.

I like the idea of this game but I have never played a game with an ant nest side view like it and enjoyed it. Something about that visual style bugs me.

>3 atom molecule
>1 is oxygen, 2 Hydrogen
>"50% oxygen"
Nice education

You can melt shit in DF with temperature including farms, user..

Not him but its mostly oxygen by atomic weight. I took chem in college and this post is the best I can make of that education.

how do i get these niggers to actually throw out the bottles of piss after cleaning? It seems like I can't designate them like regular refuse.

Ok I'll try DF and ONI first then. Thanks

>DF is overrated, but the game ripping it off, with half the content and no z levels is good

that's the extent of it though.
Dwarves literally dont give a shit if you embark on a glacier. they happily walk around in nothing but a pair of socks.
the extent of DF temperature simulation is X melts if it gets to Y degrees, then it turns into a liquid. high temperature only even effects dwarves because their organs eventually melt. it's totally possible to melt all of a dwarf's skin and flesh off so he's effectively just a skeleton with a heart in the ribcage and he'll survive, infact it makes them stronger than normal dwarves because they no longer feel pain or bleed because they no longer have nerves or blood.

set priority on the bottler to higher

I'm at 0% stress, I have way more morale than what I currently need. Reed fiber production stops every time I reach 100. I'm thinking about a drecko ranch but I'm still struggling to find an eye pleasant and efficient design.

>I'm at 0% stress
Then your niggers don't have skills as high as they could.
>Reed fiber production stops every time I reach 100
Why would you need to actually produce more reeds when you aren't making insulation (the space age material, not purple tiles)? You should get enough from wild reeds.

Make a contaminated water ditch and put a bottle emptier in it

Attached: 908a2b15ceb5f3a3a1cfed06b8068b18d51456c2.jpg (616x353, 39K)

I see the retards from /sci/ are invading right now

I need reed fiber for my canvas, i'd like to fill my base with them.

Based high art poster

Attached: 1552820124630.jpg (334x506, 42K)

Explore more map and harvest wild reeds.
Every domestic reed fiber is like half a ton of polluted water. Shit's crazy expensive.

Never played oxygen but what you said about it perfectly describes don't starve after first winter

this. i just make 3 or 4 exosuits from random reed fiber on the map and never bother wasting my time farming that shit.

More like whites not included lmao

Try ONI first, it's easier

Civilization V. I love the feeling of knowing I am so much more intelligent than everyone around me thanks to that game.

7/9 of the characters are white, go back to /pol/ now retard.

AI aren't human user lol

You are not human.

>six hours min-maxing an infinite electrolyzer later

Barotrauma. Brainlets are total attentionwhores who are hiding behind their friends as soon as you weild them into a room or just fuck with them in general, instantly murdering you.

Pleb version of SS13.
That said, when the fuck is Barotrauma getting release on Steam? Been waiting for fucking ages now.

Last time I saw Yea Forums using the term brainlet was for Baba is you and I had to give up on that game after about 140 levels so I'm not gonna try ONI.

Baba is you is a totally different kind of game. This one is a system builder. The game is literally a sandbox that give you the tools to create an entire mechanism.

games brainlets can't play?
easy

here, my list:

All these brainlet-tier simulators being jerked over and not a single mention of a game that brainlets truly cannot enter into.

Attached: 1453992753698.png (1366x768, 171K)

Brainlets can't into real survival games.

Attached: 40ec7f9d120bc38fbedd957212d806ec3c80cb60.jpg (616x353, 42K)

>walk from house
>get food
>get seed
>get ax
>go into woods
>make forest base
>become survivor

so hard

Attached: Infinitefag.jpg (1024x576, 167K)

You never give up huh brainlets
I thought this game was just tedious; didn't it die or something?

Nothing to do in it

>main bus

Attached: mmmm-grayons-31350775.png (500x533, 66K)

Bioshock Infinite