What was the reason Planetside 2 failed?

Attached: 521[1].jpg (2048x1152, 1.25M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c-JL332-YUQ
youtu.be/mWzw3Y8TuNQ?t=20
planetside.fandom.com/wiki/Advanced_Specialization_Program
planetside2.com/news/ps2-advanced-specialization-program-overview
steamcommunity.com/app/218230/discussions/0/1744479063986590176
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It wasn't a planetside game. It was BF3 in space.

Don't worry, the master plan is to have Planetside Arena be such a huge blunder that PS2 will be remembered as a success on all front.
Also FUCK Tranus, FUCK airniggers, FUCK infiltrators, dog bless.

they took out to much of the complexity from the first one and made it pay to win to boot.

all i remember about this game is how badly optimized it was, it ran like shit.

>p2w
>refusal to implement any successful mechanics from PS1
>lack of end-game
>focus on paid cosmetics instead of interesting gameplay mechanics
>resources spread too thin

Any of these really.

I don't think it did it lasted pretty fucking long desu

>fuck infiltrators
They’d be fine if they actually let them infiltrate instead of just sit in the back. They actually did a decent job balancing stalker and SMG infils basing them on ambush style play with isolation tactics.

They failed to keep faction individuality making the entire difference between the factions purely cosmetic, while also being far too slow in introducing stakes in the game.

Those first few months before they started destroying the game were top tier though.

I had a shitton of fun with it for a time but then it just....died.

Also I'm one of those rare people that enjoyed the Crown trench fights for hours on end and they moved away from that.

What is a King without a Crown?

It went for the, "dude, bigger is always better just trust us"

Attached: battlefield.png (1128x2904, 63K)

The game was pretty barebones at launch. I was one of the first to reach max level, but there really wasn't any reason for us to conquer the continent.

Hours of struggle to take over a well fortified base, for no real reason. They fixed that in later updates but it was already too late. In 2019 the shooting mechanics are pretty basic, and it needs an overhaul.

I know the feeling, I had a pretty certed out medic that was always fun to go ham with assault rifles on. 12-24 fights were always a personal favorite though, since it had that nice balance of a planetside-y "big fight" while still being small enough to feel like you had an impact.

Apparently literally yesterday they updated to DX11 and it's absolutely buttery now, shame they waited til the game was dead to do it.

Before they nerfed the HE on the prowler me and a friend used to sit on the crossroads watch tower hill and shell the Jesus out of the crown. Think my record was 104 kills in a single life...man that shit was awesome. Felt like I was a siege tank.

In large fights people wouldn't render past 20m.
P2W

It did not fail people still play it.

While you aren't wrong, swarming across the continent in a platoon of soldiers just running around cause spawns got fucked and enjoying the scenic without any firefight and then getting plunged into chaos as you arrive at your siege destination was fucking amazing.

Failed?

I dunno but I got tons of fun out of the game. It kept itself afloat and is still active. Its not world of warcraft and might be a casual zergfest, but you get the fun you make. When the construction stuff came along I had fun calling down emp strikes as an infil.

It didn't fail, you retards fail to understand how the cycle of life of a product works. If you don't restyle the product properly after a while it dies out, that would be the fail but it really isn't, it's normal. Even the best shit dies out successfully speaking at some point if you don't do anything about it

was he right?

Attached: tactical_unityority.png (1080x743, 343K)

Back when the Magrider was the undisputed king of mobility, and VS had the SW gate in Indar. Crossroads was my killzone as well. Prefered the normal cannon though to HE, unless there were mass inf rushes.

The FPS fighting was dogshit and none of the conflicts mattered.

Literally, for two years, half of the guns barely worked or fucked up the players vision in some way. If you wanted to play as a Vanu Exo suit for example you had to buy a specific weapon type because EVERY WEAPON FOR THAT CLASS was stuck at the highest recoil spread. For YEARS.

Also the fights were complete bullshit. Nobody cared if TR got the Crown because it gave no meaningful advantage. There weren't any consequences for pushing retards back to their warp gate, because everything would reset. The only reason to fight at all was to farm certs to buy weapons that ACTUALLY WORKED. It was like Tribes: Ascend all over again.
>hey bro do you want to farm 20+ hours for the highest bolt action infil rifle with a semi-auto shit eater?
OR
>do you want to buy that shit for $9.99? :^)
FFFUCK

Attached: 1548241740820.jpg (256x256, 77K)

>If you wanted to play as a Vanu Exo suit for example you had to buy a specific weapon type because EVERY WEAPON FOR THAT CLASS was stuck at the highest recoil spread. For YEARS.
good
fuck vanu, easy mode piece of shit faction,never liked going up against those assholes
NC were cool to fight though

I don't know why the game itself failed, but I quit because Hong Connery became utterly infested with chinks and gooks waging an all-out war against each other to see who had the smallest dick in the sweat shop. It was fun killing them for a while, and getting google translated hate mail was always a blast, but eventually I realized I was playing alone and I just stopped caring.

The funny thing is that I'm downloading the newest update right now and I'm gonna have a blast playing this game when it's done

because you didn't make the fleet carrier
I like how that fucking retard has no fucking idea that many regions in China have their own culture and language

More power to you friend, if you can get a good fight it's pretty neat. Use the codes nsops2019 and 6yearsps2 to get an lmg and an smg, they should still work afaik.

it just got an update

4th faction that joins whichever side needs players

I bet someone could host a planetside 1 server, i feel like that would be more fun then 2

There's already Planetside Forever.

a faction you can play? or cpu?

is the game alive again now or what

i feel like i would rather play that instead.

You. They're basically team balancers that get auto-added to factions with lesser amounts of players whenever they travel to a land. However, to play it requires a stupid all-access membership, so fuck that.

NC already exists, the game doesn't need any more NPC factions

It's a new faction, NS robots that can only use NS unlocks.

Emerald peaked at 1350 concurrents on update night, everyone else was below that.

t. falseflagging Tranu scum

I'm NC, so I know better than anyone that my entire faction is a bunch of fucking bots because no other explanation makes sense.

Pay 2 win.
Simple as that.. Should have made it monthly charged like PS1

And only people that pay a subscription fee have access to this new faction isn't that how it works?

Attached: 82642457446.gif (390x259, 982K)

Yes I believe so

>Planetside Arena
Oh yeah, what happened to that?

wait so why would i play 2, 1 wasnt perfect but atleast it wasnt so pay to win and it had interesting mechanics like you actually had to think about supply chains.

>pay2win
>when a BR1 Boltshitter can kill a BR120 ASP'd Carapace/Combat Surgeon resto-kit chugging Medic with a well-placed headshot
The only thing P2W about this game are implants, which barely even matter unless you take K/D super seriously and run with clans that only allow 4+ K/D only

Agree but there's like 30 people playing PS Forever on peak hours.

Planetside 2 does it justice, the sense of scale is why the game is still alive.

Honestly PS forever should be our new game night, and it would help boost the numbers.

That BR1 can, but they need a high velocity boltgun if they care about killing anything beyond the range of a sneeze. P2W to the max.

the l4d2 fags got 30 people i think we could atleast get it to 60

As evident by this threads, retards unironically believe that the game is p2w. So get what you will from general reception of the game.
The problems were balance issues, performance and general lack of vision. Half of the game was and still is in "phase 2". Refusing to listen to the community and as a result absolute garbage being pushed to live from PTS, both in terms of bugs and design.
Basically, for me CAI was the final straw. They are slowly unfucking the game now by rolling back CAI and nerfing NC maxes, but they lost me and countless other people permanently.

Attached: nc.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

Launched unfinished and the game has never truly recovered from that
It's too late to save it.

PS2 is by definition P2W but I'd argue it's tolerable.
The F2P model fucked PS2 into the dirt in several ways.

>The problems were balance issues
Oh no shit? Do you think that might have something to do with the P2W views?

Attached: 1553198366430.png (492x503, 439K)

>p2w
Untrue. You could do absolutely just fine with the default loadout until they added implants and actually DID make it p2w, but the game had already been long dead by that point.

Liberators being the anti-funmobile is and always will be the biggest issue.

I would rather play planetside 1

Attached: f4618a691e3d8f1c350a2ac250dae1cf8e24e696.jpg (1280x720, 614K)

>tfw thinking back to the earliest days when you'd see like a dozen liberators hovering over a base and pounding the shit out of it and there was nothing you could do because the AA options for MAXs and light tanks sucked

I don't miss that shit

That still happens but now you have valkyries goomba stomping any burster maxes too.

If you want to argue that you can buy new guns, then yes, it's p2w. But considering most of the starter guns are BiS, that argument holds no water.
No you fucking retard. It was design flaws that had nothing to do with the ability to buy new guns. MAXes were overpowered, Vanguard had literal I-Win button, ESFs were farming like there is no tomorrow, Liberator on release was complete shitshow where AI weapon took down MBTs in two shots.
Unlike you, I know what happened with that game and what went wrong and believe me, p2w was never one of them, even after implants.
People who say that PS1 was better and never played PS2 have more weight in the discussion than "muh p2w" shitters.

>pay to win
>broken meta (whack-a-mole shit)
>broken mechanics
>unfinished animations
>bad optimization

>SOE

shame, when the game worked, it was just amazing
some of the best FPS fights I've ever had have been in PS2

Attached: 1427388851601.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

>PS2 is Pay-to-win meme
Literally just get good and learn to pick your targets so you're not fighting against turbo tryhards. Spend all your certs on upgrading whatever class you like most, then try out all guns for that class until you find something you like, then learn to click on heads as fast and accurately as possible and then you will destroy 96% of the playerbase. The only money I've spent is on cosmetics, and I have little trouble keeping up with "p2w" people, apart from the occasional implant whale. If you're insanely butthurt that you can't afford everything instantly like the entitled babby you are, find some tryhard Libshitter who's looking for a gunner and you can rake in certs easier than you can get pussy. Take your fucking time to earn things, because strangely enough most of the people who are "p2w" have been playing the game since Day 1 and have had enough time to afford everything the game has to offer multiple times over.

People calling it P2W are only halfway right. The weapons were mostly sidegrades for every class, however the monetization was the worst I've seen in any game. Nobody in their right mind would spend 8 dollars on a single gun, and cosmetics were unreasonably priced as well. It was obvious that the microtransactions were extremely low value. The P2W idea probably showed up because people who've played the game for a hundred hours have situational awareness, probably the most important thing in that game. If you're new you unfortunately have no idea where you're safe and where you're in danger, where enemies usually come from in base layouts, and where you can take shots from safely, so you just die over and over.

The game was still fun for a while, even if it was fundamentally broken. Compared to PS1 fights felt like they had little consequence, but the patches made the game worse and worse. The most amazing one was CAI, where they took the enjoyable vehicle combat and broke it entirely.

Attached: 3677445.jpg (163x170, 22K)

Oh fuck off. I’ve listened to brainwashed mother fuckers like you defend the horrible p2w of this game for years. Yes paying doesn’t make you invulnerable to gunfire, but you better fucking believe that a person that pays money and gets to start off with an smg for their infil, lock-ons for their ESF, a secondary gun that’s not a basilisk for their tank, non dumb-fire RLs, and any of the attachments for said purchased items, is going to butcher the shit out of someone who’s had the game for the same amount of time and is f2p.

Paying for weapons allowed you to spend the certs you did earn on other upgrades too, so buying shit not only gave an advantage in terms of just having more options to address the battlefield, but it also accelerated your character progression.

>B..but I...it’s n-n-not permanent.

Who the fuck cares you’ll be hundreds of hours ahead of your f2p counterpart.

They should try relaunching the original platetside.

The Gameplay is just a mess, they wanted to cater to everybody, The biggest reason for it's failure is that the game lacks any purpose, win base-lose base, rinse and repeat to eternity.

On top of that the Art direction is a total mess too, the game looks Generic as fuck, and a lot of vehicles are just copy/paste across factions

The microtransaction system is a mess here, it isn't p2w but it's not great either.

Attached: etFLUf5.jpg (720x960, 41K)

I mean there's a bunch of people trying to reverse engineer the original game's server, but I think they barely got vehicles working now.

Oh right, another nail in the coffin for that game was the lootboxing of implants. Basically rolling the dice for gameplay influencing mods.

Planetside 1 Forever is a thing, and i think its pretty far along the only issue is player count

Oh neat, might give it a try in a few days.
>discord link
Oh god, I'm so fucking sick of discord

this basically

pay 2 win
all teamwork-oriented game mechanics removed in favour of making the game more Battlefield-esque

This Planetside 1 wasnt perfect but atleast it forced you to work as a team, shit people had to do supply runs to bases mean supply chains were a thing. Planetside 2 casualized the concpet to hard and just focused on the big battles but without any of the meaning or thought that 1 required.

Just played the game again after a couple months,
in game fps counter and fps measuring software all report steady/flat 60fps, but the game looks and feels 20-30fps.
It's almost as though it's just doubling/tripling frames to it can say "hey, 60fps!"
Feels like absolute shit, dropped again

While we're at it, I dunno if it still works but NSOPS2019 and get a free tengu smg. Also phone posting time, but I still kept on this pos game since pretty much day one on and off. I'd recommending giving it a try again to y'all. For once we get an actual update that isn't skins and NS guns, DX11 makes the game run alot smoother, I feel also that the credit gain has been increased these past few months, don't know if true but it feels like it and some of the weapons were dropped from 1k certs to 850 and the only big problem that seems to have come from this update, as far as I've seen is that the sudden influx of people broke the servers
>Inb4 shill

I love and hate this game

No other game offer what PS2 offers, but man it's sad to see what it could be and what it is

I still play it from time to time with friends

Also spitfire turrets are bugged, locking on to players through walls, someone had sticky grenades that wouldn't resupply and hardlight barriers look unfinished now
This is cool though I guess

Attached: 1904BPgXXWj.png (143x331, 82K)

it can have its moments but 1 did almost everything better, honestly im gonna try planetside forever when i get back from traveling

>PS1
NTU system meant sieges existed and everyone could interact with this level of the game
>PS2
Just mine some random crystals and you can build a shitty base somewhere far away if you bought/grinded like hell for the buildings

>p2w
>hand out 10$ for smg/lock-on/tank secondary you retard haven't the slightest clue how to handle properly
>still missing a shitton of upgrades that require certs
>still suck and still die miserably
P2W!

>Prefer the look and feel of NC weapons
>But it's full of nickelback loving drooling retards

Attached: 1556470517941.gif (400x300, 1.64M)

What I find the most hilarious is that people who actually got gud run with dumbfires, not lock ons. So that guy's post is even more retarded.

>CTRL+F "john smedley"
>CTRL+F "matt higby"
>0 results

Daylight Studios are a bunch of fucking morons who couldn't figure out what made Planetside 1 work. Instead of focusing on the bigger picture they focused on bases and microtransactions. The maps themselves were poorly designed and I cannot even begin to fathom why they never bothered to properly develop the NTU system. It's just a shame.

He actually meant tomcats a2a lockons but you can't buy the skill to pilot that shit or aim noseguns.

Daybreak aren't to blame for that, they're just the shmucks that got sold the lemon that SOE cooked up. Daybreak are to blame for not being able to do even marginally better than SOE, which is not asking very much.

Infils would be fine if there was a delay between decloaking and being able to fire.

Smed lied, game died

I thought SOE turned into daybreak, my bad.

>The maps themselves were poorly designed
Well what do you expect them to do? Redesign continents _again_? Indar revamp showed that it was a waste of effort and the work itself was a fiasco. The game is fucked in its entirety.

Properly designed bases need battle flow mechanics to back them up. Otherwise you get "indar T" clusterfuck every time.

>PS1 was superior
>Horrendus performance
>Maps that only exist to test shit like Esamir,Amerish n Hossin
>Everyone plays on Indar
>1k certs for everything in old days
>Implants
>Hiring a fucking youtuber as a dev
>Heavy Assault superior in everything
>Spawncamping
>Air too strong
>Harasser too strong
>Seat hopping
>No more Crown fights

I meant SOE, not Daybreak. The initial designs of the maps were crap.

It's funny but sad how both games in the series started out okay-ish, then got manhandled terribly by everyone that had anything to do with them.

People forget that when the game came out there were no ribbons or any of the mechanics that make the grind more bearable. The old grind was awful, the grind is only slightly less awful now. The game is poorly designed for gaining players over time since any new player will pick the game up, get mowed down by some BR100 guys until they get fed up and quit because they're at a statistical disadvantage and the grind to get on par is daunting and boring.

Asking the player to choose between saving up for new weapons or saving up to make their class better is pretty shitty, it reminds me of when league of legends had runs you had to pay for with in-game cash, it wasn't P2W but it was not rewarding so riot scrapped it.

>Hiring a fucking youtuber as a dev

You'd have expected him to at least have a decent understanding of the game since he shat out videos nonstop on youtube, but the game markedly got worse ever since then.

I'm pretty sure I remember gaining certs passively in the very early days although maybe that was in the alpha/beta and I'm retard. It's been so long my memory is getting hazy.

It was a bad game and the free to play model made the devs lazy.
First time I played it I had no idea what the fuck to do. When I finally got to an arena to kill people the gameplay was pretty boring and the gunplay wasn't amazing.
When you look at videos where planetside is amazing, its usually clans who prepare a fuck ton and are well organized and do so much fucking work just to get that kind of thing done. In reality you don't experience that kind of organization in the game.

What the devs need to understand is the idea of:
>Pressure
>Pulling people together. Gravitational pull towards other players.

The circle in BR games is a perfect example of this.

What they should have done is massive queued battles.
Take 100 or 1000 people and put them in a 1 hour queue to battle it out.

So every hour on the hour we have a massive queued battle that's either some kind of frontline warfare or its taking a massive fortress.

You got free 12 certs for daily log ins back in the day. They removed it to make the sub more valuable or some shit.

Bases fucking suck and every attempt at fixing them just shifted the problem to some other aspect of their design. The idea of prolonged fights scares most people away and if an attack meets any sort of resistance the entire faction will just fuck off to try and ghost cap another lattice line. Lattice lines were poorly implemented and only put out to shut people bitching about the hex system, which after its own update was completely fine for the style of game. Redeployment completely fucked the flow of battle and turned the game into a retarded whack-a-mole.

tl:dr the various mechanics promoted zerging over actual tactics or strategy

Unlocks/faction balance are irrelevant, you're just trash if you can't do well in 1v1 situations.

Explain the pay to win
Grind aside it is the least p2w game
That is completely free

You sound like an ungrateful nigger
I bet you are void

It didn't fail

>get mowed down by some BR100 guys until they get fed up and quit because they're at a statistical disadvantage and the grind to get on par is daunting and boring.
The ratio between skill and equipment isn't as skewed as you keep trying to claim.
New players get mowed down because other players know how to play.

Plenty of pro players start new characters and dominate scoreboards.

>Smack dumb airchav ESF with a dumbfire for 97% of their health
>They instantly fire suppression and zoom away
>Back 30 seconds later with full health
Fucking retarded. Fuck chavs and fuck gaybreak's dogshit balancing
>Hurr just sheckle out for a deci fagget
Literally the ONLY chavs dumb enough to get hit by a dumbfire are the ones who are so fucking retarded that they aren't even a threat in the first place, and decimator is EVEN SLOWER. You can lead a shot perfectly every time, but ultimately it's up to the stupidity of the pilot whether he gets hit or not. Good ones will -never- get nailed by that shit.

proofs?

It's still there with a sizable amount of players, more than enough to start 96+ fights on mutliple fronts every day.

ESFs with armour survive deci shot anyway

>China is just 1 ethnic group.
What a dumb fucking retarded /pol/ddit incel.

Pay2win and massive grind
I had fun for about 200 hours, then I got burnt out and realized I had nothing to show for all that time spent.
Also, the flight controls are ass and certain factions have clear advantages in projectile speed / bullet trajectory

youtube.com/watch?v=c-JL332-YUQ reminder

On ceres my TR infil does not even need to decloak if i fire i uncloak

And at night time everyone lights up gold due to shields shit was cash

Admittedly got bored after glitter bikini

>Pay2win
>certain factions have clear advantages in projectile speed / bullet trajectory
It is astounding how somebody having played for 200+ hours can still spew such nonsense.
What did you do? Ferry cortium around? Ran about reviving?

It's true, but that ethnic group is mongrel

I used to play this shit nonstop everyday back in 2012/13 but left when the devs kept fucking it up. Is the game fixed? Is the player base sizable enough to find full lobbies?

Liberators are even more retarded.
>More health than a sunderer
>Belly up and sanic away at faster-than-ESF speeds if a main fucking battle tank manages to actually hurt you with several direct hits in a row
>TWO people can operate it at 99% effectiveness and shit on literally everything in the game with impunity
Ridiculous. They should be as effective as the Harasser or MBT, not 10x moreso. The absurd power level of aircraft is what killed this game faster than anything.

>lobbies
>ps2

I liked the PS1 carpet bomber/tankbuster role more

Honestly just about anything would be better than the current loiter bullshit

faggots who claim it's not pay to win are retards,
why?
becase pay to win comes in many forms.
For example, you get:
More weapons
More upgrades
More camos
More utility
More experience
If you refuse to count these as advantages, you don't get an opinion

inb4
>b-but you can grind like 90% of the things
yeah, if you invest like 1000+ hours, you might get like 10% of them

Attached: 1521615916295.jpg (850x850, 209K)

It got delayed (again) to an unspecific date this summer because the game apparently didn't feel good and also to provide a joint release with consoles.
My guess is that it's going to come out in relatively the same state and they were just scared of launching in a dead state because of Apex. There is no fixing stuff unless they reimagine things from the ground up. I mean they're releasing with 90% PS2 gunplay, vehicles and asset, what's the fucking point ?

>Miss target
>Kill teammates
IT AINT ME

What you are excluding is the skill required to pilot and to gun liberators. Thee dimensional dalton aiming is the highest degree of gunning in the game.
The same thing about ESFs.

However the fact that there are no solid counters to them is a different issue.

What you are upset about is a tiny number of good liberators. Just like there are pro MBT and harasser players who make other players' day hell. Average liberators spend more time sitting on the ground repairing than flying.

But chernarus is the best map in shooter games, and it IS big.
BF maps are trash tho.

They should've kept an eye on their minimap

Attached: Anqn3R6.gif (500x180, 8K)

>Thee dimensional dalton aiming is the highest degree of gunning in the game.
An amusing delusion

The thing is giving veteran players a decent stats advantage on top of their skill/experience is excessive if you want new players to stick around, heavies especially fuck this up since a maxed out heavy vs a fresh one is like night and day or at least it used to be.
That kind of discrepancy doesn't help a game grow.

Which is better planetside 1 or 2

Nah man. A good liberator is hell to fight sure, but "dalton spam the spawn until someone hits you then jet away on autorepair" is not "good" in any sense of the word, yet that's all it takes to farm a base.

I've fought GOOD players and squads in every vehicle. The battlebus full of heavies is a particularly hilarious and devastating tactic but at least you're like "Haha wow I just got fucking owned" instead of "Jesus christ this cheap fucking bullshit how do you even fight back"

How do you fight all the damn recoil in this game?

...pull...down...?
have you never used a computer before ?

Same nanoweave, same shield absorb (but not recharge), enough medkits bought with your 1500 certs for the first 15 ranks. What is this stats advantage?

Burst fire is the key honestly. Do not hold for longer that 5 or so bullets, let go of the mouse button so recoil and bloom reset then you can start shooting again. Also, it's an assault rifle with forward grip, they are easy to handle.

>"dalton spam the spawn until someone hits you then jet away on autorepair"
That's your strawman, not the actual skilled liberator behavior. Nobody was talking about shelling spawn points.

Even in the video in question, the faggot is fucking astonished and psyched that he managed to bullseye THE BROAD SIDE OF A SCYTHE AT CLOSE RANGE. You're absolutely delusional, you might as well say vortex/falcon/frac MAXes should have galaxy health and be fully immune to small arms fire because landing hits is sooooo~ hard. Maybe you're fishing for (You)s in the most simplistic and risk-free way possible, which I consider pretty likely, considering your persistent defense of an equally brain-dead and creatively bankrupt method of farming.

not the same dude but PS2 was definitely P2W. Did you even play the friggin game?

That's assuming the new player doesn't quit before reaching rank 15 or they don't blow it on a gun or some other shit since they're a new player and they don't know what's good or bad to spend certs on.

Great concept, terrible, unfinished, money hungry execution. on top of that it had some general issues
>hard to find a fight
there were tons of situations where you were looking for a fight, look at the map, see conflict, go there and then there's like 3 people in a giant ass facility.
>hard to balance
I was in "Better Red than Dead" on miller, a decent sized outfit. We rolled over the map with 100+ people, and where we were was the parts. BUT, whenever I wasn't with them, it was an uncoordinated mess and eventually their solution to "one group is stomping a map to shit" was "make more maps, and let the losers just go somewhere else" so at times this was a "each faction just PvE takes over facilities on individual maps"
>weird nerfs
used to be, if you put a few anti-air somewhere, they keep the airspace free, so everyone else can focus on ground fighting. Now anti-air shoots cotton candy to the extend that it is pretty much pointless unless you deploy like 20.

Also: I feel like they nerfed visuals, because I swear I remember night battles lighting up the darkness with tracers, lasers, explosions and impacts so that every battle in the dark looked like a gorgeous fireworks show, and now there is barely any lightning effects in fights.

The recoil is absurd in PS2 compared to other FPS, shut the fuck up if you don't know what you're talking about.

but I actually play PS2 and I hit my shots
there's nothing actually that unique about PS2s recoil, pulling down and only firing in bursts is advice given about aiming in every fucking FPS

Are you talking about the recoil or the bloom ? There's no magic trick for the bloom, either get the weapons that have a reasonable one for enough accurate sustained fire that can kill someone or learn how much you can shoot before you have to stop firing so that it resets.

>Mfw a teammate throws a grenade close to me
youtu.be/mWzw3Y8TuNQ?t=20

I had great fun during the first month when the factions were actually unique but then it all became giraffe camo and a trillion guns.

This is true.

PS2 failed mostly because it was totally designed for P2W. They purposefully designed it to not look P2W to the point of tricking players that you will be just as competitive even if you don't spend any cash! It was such a lie, people repeat their lies to this day.
>Guns
>"Boosts"
Are things you could buy with Station Cash, which you can only buy with real money. You can also unlock guns with certs, BUT certs are spent on improving your class, so if you have buy the guns with SC you will have waaay more certs to spend on improving your class, not to mention you will have the best guns long before the Free players.
Boosts actually improved the rate of Cert point acquisition. A paying player got more certs for the same actions as a Free player did.
All of this resulted in a vast difference between

Free player and Paying players. Free players were forever kept behind the progression of the Paying players, who got even more of an advantage in Certs because they killed the Free players all the time with their improved classes, vehicles and weapons, eventually reaching the point where the Paying players have levelled so far ahead that Free players who try to start playing the game get slaughtered by the Paying players.

All the while add to this the immense cash shop full of cosmetic items (obvious sign of a cash-in game) and developers lying through their teeth that "It's not P2W!" Because they know players hate P2W and are just trying to milk their players before they leave to the next FOTM game. Truely despicable. They ruined the game with their lies and greed.

>muh p2w
yikes

Yeah i guess you summed it up better than i did. In a nutshell, you can get the same thing as the Paying players by grinding many long hours, during those hours you will be farmed by the Paying players. Sound fair? At the point when you got the same weapons as them, they will have spent 2500 more Cert points in upgrading their class, becoming way more powerful than your F2P ass.

>p2w
>for upgrades that didnt matter because default weapons were all the best anyway
>caring about end-game for casual drunk shooter
>caring about cosmetics
lel
i agree with you on the resources bit, there's a lot of the map that just never gets used

this.

People to this day repeat lies such as "the default weapons were best anyway", which wasn't true at least at the point in time when i played this game. There were many examples but the Rocket Pods for the fighter plane was the best example; it was just a slaughter machine and all the Paying players were rolling around with that shit.

I think the Rocket Pods were the reason why the devs invented the "trial" for Free players to try out a weapon for a few hours every week.

But nobody cares about skilled liberator behavior. They care about shitter shelling the spawn so they can't even pretend to fight back. That's why the game is dead, it's NOTHING to do with any actual skill based balance considerations.

Vehicle weapons were the only remotely P2W element in the game, especially at launch with dumb shit like rocket pods and HE farming everything. Infantry combat was always fine and especially now with how much stuff BR1 accounts start with.

>release barebones alpha promising that it's a stress test and features from PS1 will come later
>realise that they can make more money by selling giraffe skins and skull helmets to retards
>never change it
Good riddance.

you could make an impact in fights of 200v200 just by being a good medic.
number of times I've kept randoms/squaddies up, either holding the line or pushing in on a flank to eventually take a sector... good shit.
not to mention consistently getting #1 or #2 in leaderboard just from constantly reviving people

koreans and chinese mostly. feels bad.
I used to be in HAMD Drunkest Division but the Outfit died it seems. I miss being drunk and tacticool with my bros but HAMD doesnt have any sort of online presence, discord or anything.

943 hours, i think i put $30 into it during big sales. Def not P2W. Just infested with shitters and crybabies.

>tfw I bought those rocket pods at launch
I was curious to see what it felt like to p2w, shit was crazy because back then nobody knew how to deal with that shit, it was easy fucking farming
Haven't paid to win in any game since then, it's just not appealing to me

Over 1000 hours here. I paid $20 to get a costume and a cosmetic thing for my ANT. 0.7 some career k/d, mostly because I spend the majority of my time just ramming and road-killing shit with no gunner.

>people complaining about grind in an MMO
I never understood this.

This.
>Vanu were OP because they were better at long range, which meant sniping spawns from half a sector away
>NC were middle ground
>Terrans were stronger short range which made them underpowered in all but a few areas
but the kicker is that fights between two sides went the Eve Online route of PVP.
ie: Whoever has a numbers advantage always wins.
If there just happens to be 100 more Vanu players online than Blueberries than you're straight up just fucked for the night.
Go to place A, try to cap it, twice your numbers in enemies show up, fuck lets pull back and spawn somewhere else, repeat.
or the classic
>one team dominates 80% of the map
>the 2 weak teams dont team up to try and take the dominant guy
>instead they fight between each other while the dominant team keeps stomping everyone
hopefully the update fixes a few things, or at the least gets more people actually playing

Attached: 676.gif (320x240, 2.62M)

To be clear I'm a VERY good driver and this is up from 0.4 when I actually tried to shoot people for the first 800 of those hours.

>defending p2w
You can have a grind but having a grind where you can pay to skip the grind and dominate players is stupid and devs should not be surprised if they do this and their game dies

There's a reason why even the biggest cash cow F2P games in the west don't do this, fortnite doesn't do it and league of legends doesn't do it, it's not good for the health of the game.

>>people complaining about grind in an MMO
No you spastic fuck, MMO is the fuckload of player aspect, the grind as you think you know it is the RPG aspect

Get your fucking shit together with genre denominations, its like saying fortnite is a FPS

SwoleBenji here.

What fucked the game was the P2W upgrades after the game had been released for a little while. It made all the shit you spent months grinding for obsolete.

Also the magic bullet kill hackers. You could be in a respawn point behind shields and the entire room of 100+ people would be insta-dead from a knife attack.

I just specc'd into comm's channel, spammed the N word and took a ban.

Also tank zerging was boring as fuck.

did it launch around the time SOE got hacked so badly they had to shut their Playstation Network down? maybe i'm thinking of another one
>jap salaryman in charge of cybersecurity
>ohnonononon ohahahahahaha

The biggest cash cow games in the west are all mobile games and they're all built around p2w you dumb fuck.

Doing fine doesnt mean that you wouldnt get an advantage by buying credits you quintuple nigger.

You literally had to grind for 1 (one) fucking week to unlock 1 (one) fucking gun for 1 (one) fucking class.

>mobile
not real games, they're not worth discussing
If you think PC and console games should be taking ideas from gachashit then you're beyond help

>You literally had to grind for 1 (one) fucking week to unlock 1 (one) fucking gun for 1 (one) fucking class.
Bitter shitter detected

Imagine that people are still defending the extreme P2W of this game.

>unlocking a gun before auraxing the first one

Air niggers.
Airchavs, the devs living in their ass and letting them run wild forever.
Fuck them. And fuck SoE for shitting on bursters.

Attached: 1358983569922.jpg (920x665, 153K)

>on satellite internet
>5 second ping
>game is a shooting gallery
>I am a god

Lagging has never been so fun!

Scrolled through the thread and I can tell nobody's played Planetside in the last year or so.
The big thing that shit up the game recently was they added a prestige system that lets classes pick off-class weapons so you have engis with heavy LMGs and Lights with two different shotguns instead of a pistol. Off-class grenades. It fucked balance sideways and it was only available to payfags in any reasonable amount of time.

That was the time I finally uninstalled.

Attached: junjack.png (482x427, 23K)

>read the thread, thinking of reinstalling
>read this
>tfw

Is this real? What the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: 6dc.jpg (400x384, 30K)

planetside.fandom.com/wiki/Advanced_Specialization_Program
planetside2.com/news/ps2-advanced-specialization-program-overview
>The A.S.P. System will be available for free to All Access Members, and can be opted into by non-members for 10,000 Certification Points.
>10,000 Certification Points.

>What the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: merchant realism.png (586x586, 264K)

You're right I haven't played recently, I'm not surprised they catered to p2w fags even more considering that would be all that's left of their playerbase.

I was in the exact same boat as you wtf

>itt: some retard who tries to mag dump with the gauss saw and immediately uninstalls thinks he knows anything about the game

Jesus fucking christ that's actually insane
How the fuck do people think this is not p2w
>here's a whole mechanic that you can't use unless you grind forever or cough up cash
>oh btw it fucks up balance incredibly
The fact that people in this thread defend this shit makes me this there's actual shills here

LIBERATOR BABY
WE GOT
>DALTON
>ZEPHYR
>SHREDDER
BEST OF PILOTS
CHAD AND HIS VIRGINS FARMING FOR HIM
>yfw 1 man chad liberator turns upside down and they switch seats to gunner and points their main gun towards your teeny mosquito
THE KING
OF THE SKY
IS HERE
>flies over to tech plant
BOOM BITCH
BUZZCUTPSYCHO GOT NOTHING ON THIS SHIT
FUCK GALAXIES
FUCK ESFS
FUCK VALKYRIES
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1550963588048.jpg (448x597, 128K)

After getting banned for N word spam in the global channel I came back and would get those big ass aircraft and flip / crash other aircraft in the spawn and people would get so pissed.

Attached: PlanetSide2 2012-12-05 14-46-56-55.jpg (1920x1080, 261K)

Wheres the glimmer of 17 sniper scopes from the mountains?

that truly is a mystery to me, one day there were people playing it then one day there weren't.

I shat on this game since day 1 and even i am shocked. 10,000 certs? Imagine having to grind that whilst competing with players who have it from the start because they bribed the devs.

Sick-nasty trole, jammkuetyoutube.

Time to close this tab. Have a good thread everyone.

>WE GOT
>DALTON
>ZEPHYR
>SHREDDER
What I tell every player who wants to gun fore me

>Light Air Discount: Reduces the nanite cost of ESF and Valkyrie by 20%.
>Combat Armor Discount: Reduces the nanite cost of Lightning and Main Battle Tank cost by 20%.

>Battle Rifle Secondary: Allows use of Battle Rifles in the secondary weapon slot. Combat Medic Only
>Carbine Access: Unlocks access to Carbines. Combat Medic Only
>Concussion Grenade Access: Unlocks access to Concussion Grenades. Combat Medic Only

>Shotgun Secondary: Allows Shotguns to be equipped in the secondary weapon slot. Engineer only.
>Assault Rifle Access: Unlocks access to Assault Rifles. Engineer only.

>Heavy Weapon Secondary: Allows Heavy Weapons to be used in secondary weapon slot. Heavy Assault only.

I made myself angry rereading all this.
>Lets take away any downside to playing engi/medic, and give heavies TWO heavy weapons, and give discounts to all payfags included.

No it isn't. You can have LMG and Assault Rifle as Engie, that's it, everything else is trash.

Just accept my fucking rez grenades so I can get certs you fucks

I always rejected those. I reward work you lazy bastard. Get out your rez gun or go home

no fuck you i'm redeploying out of this stupid fight

to be honest it's nothing special really

All this bullshit and they didn't think to give Inifltraitors shotguns? Come on, if you gonna break the game do it properly and let my cloaker use a Jackhammer

>using anything over the Carv
Not fighting like TR

>Not just using heal nades

nothing better than the feeling of lobbing a Rez Grenade football across the field at a downed sqaud, watching 10 guys get up and kill the enemies on a flank they thought they'd defended.

This.

Nerfing the Crown

Attached: 1358482706820.jpg (500x474, 102K)

They really couldn't give a fuck about balance with those changes

Hurts to see fun games like this with so much potential go down the drain.
Worse to watch them flounder and try to force the last few dollars out of the players with bullshit like implants and ASP until they finally pull the plug on the servers and give up.

bad netcode is what I remember

It's like they want to bring back PS1's inventory system, but they want to milk it for as much money as possible while they do it.

Oi Faggot you need to be level 100 to even use ASP, even if you payed for it.

Ahem
FUCK NDA
FUCK SOE
FUCK DAYBREAK
AND FUCK WERL
Praise Higby

Attached: 1550189718901.jpg (2560x1440, 3.13M)

>dead on arrival
Fuck daybreak and soe for making this and H1Z1, those games killed actually planetside 2.

too jewish
free to play was a mistake

>Payfags
>+50% base exp
>+33% exp for being in a full squad (majority of the time unless you're a solo autist)
>x2 on the bonus weekend
>Free certs
>Also cert gain is based on EXP earned, so you get that much more certs than everybody else already
You mean effectively 60-75 depending on how much you play on weekends and in platoons, and then don't have to shell out 10k certs, or the equivalent of 15-20 top-end guns with full attachments. Or nearly 2 entire classes worth of maxed out skill trees.

Attached: Untitled.png (289x144, 4K)

Somehow this make it better in the mind of a droneside

>Planetside 2 failed?
It didn't. It stayed around for years despite the terrible optimization and poor performance on all but the most powerful PCs, and still has a solid playerbase of several thousands.

The time they spent on the PS4 version, that was a failure, though. Consoles and their players can't handle something as wide in scope as even Planetside 2, something logistically slimmer than Planetside 1.

doesnt buy anything worth of value though really. it's always just been a casual shooter where it's piss easy to unlock the one or two non-default guns that are actually worth a damn.
maybe if you're some vehicle autist who absolutely must have everything maxxed.
but most players are just casual, boots-on-the-ground Engineers and Medics fucking around drunk.
Those same players also dont care about what's the optimal build. They just want to slap the biggest scope they can on their starter gun and just shoot cunts high on weed.

I tried it once ran only like 10fps and my toaster wasnt even that bad

PS2 is not pay to win. There's a lot of things wrong with the game but pay to win is not one of those things.

If you don't cert up a Sundy at least you're not playing the game correctly.
Even a fully kitted LA for retardo grunts costs 4000 certs if he never changes loadouts and only upgrades a single path he likes, 800 certs for a primary with some attachements give or take for personal preference, and 600-1200 for a sidearm depending on preference though most people forget they even have a sidearm.

>harasser with repairing engi in the back

unironically triggered me, fuck that shit

Bad Company 2 in space not BF3

Everything feels weightless. Guns are not very fun to shoot.

The devs were stuck between pleasing two audiences the guys who wanted a strategic mmo and the guys who wanted sci-fi fps. Also the devs were retarded.

right now its pretty easy to get into you can pretty much just play and default settings are setup so you'll auto join squads and you can just click J for instant action in the battlefield, but the game is unnecessarily indepth for todays market, next game should be a more streamlined one if they ever decide to

Anybody calling PS2 pay-to-win is a braindead shitter. you can literally create a fresh character from scratch and utterly dominate. I guess Yea Forums is where the chaff who get harvested congregate.

why the fuck did they never put a purple continent in ps2

also is that a fucking hoverbike
what the fuck

What's that floating ball? I never saw it.

So is the game any good or not ? Also does it run like shit ?

Attached: thonkeng.jpg (800x800, 40K)

they ended up not pleasing anybody

Attached: 0cmwcAn.jpg (789x597, 26K)

>is it good
If you like BR
>does it run like shit
It's a ghost continent with 100 people so no, if you want a similar experience just download PTR and go on Amerish right now

Attached: 1550188139338 (1).jpg (2560x1440, 2.91M)

>takes multiple magazines to kill one enemy, even if you hit literally every shot
>not even strike aircraft always kill targets in one salvo
I want to play an FPS, not an RPG.

Wait, wasn't this supposed to have a conquest mode on top of BR shit ? I'm pretty sure I read about something like 200v200 matches.
Also do guns handle the same as in PS2 or did they tweak them ?

Amen

S M E G G I E S

>Anons on Yea Forums are actually defending p2w
At least a few people here don't enjoy sucking corporate cock

>eternal Ti alloys
Care to explain why indar is the most popular continent again?

Attached: 1448805838574.gif (450x253, 1.77M)

Totally agreed

They only tested BR in beta that was a slog to fill one game up, and most of the guns handled the same

Attached: 1550189113636.webm (800x450, 2.6M)

Runs like shit

When stagnation ends you can enjoy 3 different biomes in Indar
>most of the time that happens you'll be sitting around in grey rocks with 12 other people that played your faction that day
>NC

>Crown and Ti Alloys
best part is watching them push back and forth while I HE the bridge connecting it

Well, call me out if I am wrong, but when it comes to combined arms "mil""""sims""", I really enjoy vehicle diversity and Planetside 2 felt lacking.
They didn't feel like 3 separate armies with their own Battle tactics, more like 3 competing Mercenary Corporations.
I get that its hard to balance, but I wish they had tried giving each faction an actual unique doctrine.
Its not what killed the game obviously, but I think it would have been a hook for many people that could keep them playing

probably forced to fight in areas other than EVERYWHERE like it used to be. god i was allowed to be asshole then

It's rather that the port wasn't good. The framerate was horseshit, there was no way to create big ass platoons on PC and make it as organised, the game always crashed after a certain amount of time played. Not to mention that the port was always and probably still is behind PC.
I played both PC and PS4. Ended up playing on PS4 because each update killed my intel hd 4000 more. At least Crown farming was as enjoyable than on PC.

or mayb ur just bad

NChad reporting in

Attached: Bonus Check.png (500x602, 159K)

CLAB STRONK

Exactly they should have chosen a side and gone with it.

There are people who think planetside 3 will be a thing in spite of dbg not making any new games in years and its first one being a major asset flip (planetside arena). That company only exist to milk money for their parent and spend the least amount of effort doing so.

Attached: 1678C519-B9A3-4BFC-BDB1-9E8C2CE3940E-6701-00000B4F87F44118.png (225x225, 12K)

hasnt made a difference

Planetside 3 will be a thing in 10-15 years when PS2 is dead and the current FPS fad loops back to big skirmishes and class based games. We also never thought Planetside would ever have a sequel back in the mid-late 2000s.

As if DBG would last 10-15 years with their current aging line up.

Of course but the IP is bound to get sold to someone when the studio closes.

250v250 fights will be senpai, thats what i wait the most right now of all upcoming games.

>I get that its hard to balance, but I wish they had tried giving each faction an actual unique doctrine.
If you actually did serious MBT battles you'd know they at least tried to a degree since all the MBTs play very differently.

Infilshits
Shotguns
Airtrash
HESHspam
These are the reasons this shitty game died
Serves it well
Fucking faggot game

Attached: 1544901490006.jpg (366x581, 35K)

I don't doubt that the unique faction tanks/planes had different game styles.
The supporting vehicles however were exactly the same for everyone

I guess but its clear DBG doesn't care much for their games as they'd like people to believe. Just look at Everquest 2 for example, fucking wow devs decided to give their game a major visual overhaul while EQ2 looks like this in 2019 not to mention they still run eq1 just because it gives money

Attached: 9D8ADDA0-093A-4C7B-BFCC-A1A33649B5FA-316-0000006A07906F52.jpg (1920x1080, 403K)

Unless I'm doing something terribly wrong, NC shotties are trash or I just haven't unlocked the good ones, shotguns feel useless even inside buildings sometimes.

t. BR10

Only the tanks had unique styles. The ESFs were all homogenized during an early patch. People bitched about the NC revear taking slightly more damage.

They were nerfed a while ago, before the nerf they were borderline useless aside from pump action, now they are useless unless you are ready to headshot people with slugs.
And shotties are all the same across factions even though models are different.

I see so I guess it's not really worth it to invest in them. If I unlock something that's available for several classes (a weapon and its attachements), is it avalaible for everyone then or do I have to buy it for each class ?

Congrats, you're the only "NChad" that had the intelligence necessary to operate a computer and post. Don't you have a teamkilling meat grinder to attend to ?

dis is the price of freedom :DDDDD

It's not universal, I think med kits are unlocked for everyone while C4 is per class basis. I haven't played in two years so I can't say for sure.

Did you play the beta too? I remember playing it on PS4 all the time when everything wasn't p2w. Some of the best multiplayer experience I had. Reminded me of early Halo. I hope we get some type of fan mod or private server that can take us back to that.

Actually I think the weapons are available for every class that can use it, like I'm almost certain.

I'm at work so I'll just skim over the worst offenders.
>Nu-hex layout made it too easy to just avoid fights and trade territory, too late on reintroducing lanes.
>Base design was garbage and let vehicles dominate both close up and far away too easily on all except biodomes.
>Bases had no nanite system meaning there was no starving a base out of its resources nor any deeper meta play by requiring a logistical backbone to keep bases running, especially ones deep into enemy territory (this alone could likely have made lanes not required as you'd naturally want to protect the main roads between friendly bases)
>Because of no nanite starving to flip a base neutral the only way to win was to bring a big enough zerg to fight your way to the defender's spawn room and camp it, making most of the fight boring. It also meant smaller squads couldn't contribute much outside of joining the zerg once lanes were put back in.
>Because you can swap class on respawn there was actually less specialization. You just pick what you need that second rather than having to go back and redo your entire layout. You didn't need to plan ahead.
>Too many vehicles were effective solo, because vehicle resources were player dependent not base dependant it was too easy for defending forces to just endlessly vomit out tanks.
>No entry or exit animations also made tankfagging way too safe.
>A lot of the maps were too open and had no chokepoints to promote combat away from bases (important in 1 due to nanite conservation).
>Absolute fucking shit performance on PC for much of the game's lifespan.
>Abysmal progression rate for free players for a long time in a naked attempt to push them into buying guns. Secondaries like homing launchers and MAX guns were near mandatory.
>Low TTK and highly accurate and long range guns made almost every base attack a Normandy landing recreation. Constant deaths with no counterplay until you can force a Sundy past the firewall and counter attack.

After all these years this thread kinda made me feel like trying it out again.
Is it still populated?

The only population are whales and platoon dads who want to get off on leading squadrons.

and lets not forget the heavy assault, the class you pick if you want to win as Mandalore said in his review, which is 100% on point.

Shame.

it has more players than it ever will probably, they just dropped a major update, also check out this if you want to try it out again.

steamcommunity.com/app/218230/discussions/0/1744479063986590176

More than enough to find 96+ fights on multiple fronts during peak hours

I was running out of space. But yeah PS2 was quite obviously designed by people who had never played PS1 to any significant level to understand why it did things the way it did.

>Plenty of pro players start new characters and dominate scoreboards.
And they would get fucking demolished by someone of equal skill who bought a ton of weapons and upgrades.

>Sits at the height cap of the game and bombards a spawn room from his invincible skytank
Truly the height of gaming skill

>Mandy
You mean the guy that cyriousshitter is still asshurt about?

Attached: 1539363505255.jpg (1920x1080, 395K)

what? idk what you're talking about, can you give me a quick rundown?

They wont and don't. infact in more recent times a fresh newbie character is actually slightly stronger in 1v1 with the auxiliary shield utility slot although it is a weak slot for sustained farming vs medkits (which are very cheap cert wise btw)

>Low TTK
PS2 is notorious for having a relatively high TTK compared to most shooters.

lol wtf are you talking about? You must have never played PS2 or any other shooters then

Cyrious is a shitter and Mandalore is a turboshitter. youtubers are worth nothing. unfortunately PS2 has one as a dev.

this, if you had anything less than a contemporary high-end gaymen PC at the time when it came out you were lucky to get 10 frames

They ruin battlefield too.

Attached: 1467316256869.gif (426x234, 2.26M)

Tell us about other ADS shooters with longer TTK then.

The Beta was when it was in the most fun, crashes and bugs aside.

>China is all one ethnicity because everyone is squinty eyed uwu
It appears that whatever brain disease Americans had has spread to the entire Anglosphere

Are you actually retarded? I can't even think of a remotely similar game with the kind of TTK PS2 has.

>itt

wtf I didn't know I played with so many fucking cry babies jesus

Why are Europeans so dumb?

too god damn pay to win, and this new one is going to be a battleroyale so yknow :v

oh shit my bad, mixed up, i thought you/he were saying how PS2 has low TTK, my bad

p2w if ur an idiot with ur investments

but definitely p2w

Compared to PS1 it is lightning fast, in the previous game all guns had extremely large amounts of spread and units were tanky. The reason being in the average meat grinder fight you are going to have more potential eyes on you than most other shooters have in total server population. Low TTK and highly accurate guns work fine on games with small arenas fights that often involve fewer than 10 people at a time and halfway reliable netcode.

Planetside has none of these.

Did they ever fix the endless sieges? When I played attacking bases was impossible due to the defenders spawning way to fast, and even being able to attack from the safety of the respawn room. I stopped playing due to it, IIRC you needed supplies in PS1 so sieges were extremely hard to win against.

Attached: 1444247551331.jpg (1024x768, 67K)

These are the guys auto-respawning at the sunderer you're farming.

>Planetside has none of these.
It especially doesn't have low TTK. Sure if you run out in the open and have 4 guys shooting you at the same time you'll melt but otherwise it's hilarious how long it takes to kill someone especially if they know what they're doing.

I played the hell out of it in 2013, but holy shit did they miss the ball with the game entirely. After SoE became DBG, I knew any hope for the game to make a major comeback was long gone. Still salty how SoE/DBG has handled their franchises like Everquest and Planetside. Fuck them.

Hey now, don't bully the crops if you want them to grow.

they fixed it by locking all continents save for one, so either you zerg or get zerged, which is just frustrating and anoying

>bloom
Kys fortnite kiddie

>reeee you dont see minor cloak heavies running around so the implant system is perfectly balanced and not p2w
Cyrious has been in total denial in the state of the game for a long while, to the point of lashing out against the rare actual good players because they said the r-word (and namedropping mandalore out of nowhere when the guy moved on for years) after mowing down a lemming in a cherrypicked clip and arguing about muh skills and muh fairness, failing to understand there is no matchmaking process in ps2.

Oh yeah and he think he's hot shit with his zerg outfit to the point of challenging drdisrecpect because the later found ps arena's trailer interesting.

Is this a meme I don't know about? Weapon bloom is a thing in PS2 and obviously much older than fortnight

bloom was used as a term in the planetside 1 manual.

>it's hilarious how long it takes to kill someone
I never understood this kind of meme opinions
In normal gameplay you just need to pull a single headshot and you're guaranteed to drop the other guy in half a second (provided he doesn't pull 2 headhsots on you and kills you before you kill him)
So unless you're talking about shooting a guy in the torso 50m away with a SMG, how is this game's TTK fucking long?

Attached: 1536673589708.jpg (943x525, 436K)

>lightning with the 1 shot AP weapon
>doing a better job of AA than the blob of AA maxes
Great times

You need 2 headshots and one bodyshot with 200 damage weapons or 3 headshots with 167 at the closest possible range provided the target has no resistances. Where the fuck "one headshot" is coming from I have no idea.

>If you want to argue that you can buy new guns, then yes, it's p2w. But considering most of the starter guns are BiS, that argument holds no water.
I haven't played a lot of PS2 mostly because of the monetization.
What about implants, weapon upgrades, attachements, vehicle weapons? Aren't those technically P2W?

Not enough porn

Attached: 1544755479810.jpg (650x592, 197K)

You do realize everyone has 500/500 right? You literally need to land multiple headshots at near point blank range to kill someone quickly. Not to mention PS2 actually requires a heavy amount of recoil control and discipline to land shots at medium range and not be a crop.

>Not to mention PS2 actually requires a heavy amount of recoil control and discipline to land shots at medium range

Attached: 1535549784925.gif (413x243, 51K)

People who believe that firefights should be decided entirely by who sees each other first. It really isn't long especially when you take into account ping, but the HTK does provide enough leeway that alert players can reposition and get out alive if the shooter fails to connect enough shots or follow through by chasing them.

The result is boundless bootyblasting of course. "I shot first and (believe) I had all the right circumstances in my favor; how did I still fail?"

>Greentext!
Not him but you're a fucking faggot

Attached: 1555983267358.jpg (500x500, 50K)

There's no opinion involved when a game has a statistically long TTK, whether you think it's good or bad is an opinion, the fact that it simply is is not.

>actually quoting
>greentext

Attached: 1546030960954.png (276x337, 176K)

>china is one group
there are numerous religions, two main languages, and political instability in mongolian, tibetan, and uyghur areas

Actually mentally retarded

>shameless BF clone
>Absolutely dreadful combat compared to even BF2
>No overarching objective or purpose
Battles were waged for the sake of fighting, which got old really quick. The strategic layer was also paper thin. To top it off: Continent locking wasn't even a thing for the first couple of years, which meant that you literally couldn't "win".
>Factions lacked identity
This also made the game feel very repetitive.
>F2P with immense grind
Unlocking even a single new gun took literally tens of hours of gameplay
>Severe optimization issues
CPU bottlenecks killing performance even on high-end machines
>etc

Some of these issues were fixed as the game went on, however it took them too long to fix the core design.

upset

Attached: 1535788605632.jpg (600x900, 358K)

Bloom, spray pattern, whatever you wanna call it

Witness here the shitter who 6 years later still doesn’t realize the default VS HA loadout is the superior one

this

>stat advantage
You get 25% small arms resistance from 1 feet put into nanoweave
Your shield absorbs the exact same damage
The Orion is already the best LMG to the point that it’s still the best post nerf
The dumbfire launcher is the only good one besides the other NS dumbfire launcher
Literally comes down to git gud.

heres the kicker. because i played ps2, my aim skills are off the charts, doesnt matter what i play, i always hit my mark. probably why i cannot agree with the pay to win statement

The only nice thing is engineers getting assault rifles and infiltrators getting carbines. Light assaults can replace their pistols with a SMG but only carbines have their COF locked to running speed while jumping in contrast to SMGs which get sprint speed COF meaning your bloom is literally the size of your screen while using your jump pack.

A 148 damage gun, the average gun, takes 7 bullets to kill a guy with no headshots.

The average rate of fire in this game is around 698 RPM

If you land every hit the TTK is about 0.6 seconds, if you only hit 50% of the time it’s 1.2 seconds. Headshots do double damage.

Literally just git gud

>The average rate of fire in this game is around 698 RPM
Maybe 1 or 2 bullets will actually hit if you aren't bursting or so close you're making out with the other planetman meaning that the RPM is pretty unimportant.

>Literally just git gud
What does that have to do with the long TTK? PS2 is almost on terms with Halo in TTK.

The difference between Halo and PS2 is the scale. In Halo you could maybe have a dozen other people shooting at you in the biggest maps, I forget what that multiplayer mode in 5 was with the semi-open world design. In PS2 you could have as many as three times that number throwing lead your way, some of them in HE tanks and some skillpodding you from the sky.

The amount of shots and time required to kill in PS2, plus the effect of healing items and good medics, was and is absolutely necessary for the game to be balanced and playable.

Once again, not saying anything bad or good about the TTK just that it is long. I actually thought it was balanced when I was playing, my only real complaint and why I got bored with the game was simply the way fights evolved. Big fights are fun at first but usually terrible for farming unless you're using a vehicle, in order to get good fights for farming you usually just have to grab a few buddies and run around trying to start them yourself and hope they evolve organically. Also there really isn't any reason to fight except for farming certs or ivi kdr, there isn't much in the way of strategy when picking where to attack.

they should remove the ability to sprint on heavy assaults

Poor mans MAG.

Is it even alive anymore? I played that shit around launch month and it was fun but it slowly started going downhill

>That one sniper that 1-shot-body-shot everything but the ultra heaviest armor
God that game was so busted, but it was fun

Now that i'm home i can continue dumping the same images again

Attached: PSA 2019-02-03 19-18-57-44.jpg (2560x1440, 1.83M)

>auto join system removes any semblance of a world from the game and makes it basically battlefield lite
>runs terribly
>takes 4 rockets to kill a vehicle
>bullshit fighter jets camping from the sky
>boring cod/bf combat

oh yeah no that shit's absolutely fucking insane. but it's also REALLY FUN. Like if you don't think a heavy with fucking jackhammer as their secondary slot weapon is the most fun thing ever, i don't know what to tell you.

Attached: PSA 2019-02-03 19-19-47-30.jpg (2560x1440, 974K)

mfw install planetside and the menu had the same sounds as h1z1

Attached: 1556542699196.jpg (544x458, 52K)

Devs think casuals hate deep gameplay when in reality casuals just don't like games that take 50 hours just to get the basics down.

b-but they only changed the renderer!
>mfw they broke a lot of things instead as usual

Attached: PSA 2019-02-03 19-23-11-29.jpg (2560x1440, 1.29M)

Attached: PSA 2019-02-03 19-24-33-06.jpg (2560x1440, 1.42M)

I really liked it
>the faction banter
>trying to find an infiltrator in a mostly abandoned base
>Heroic defenses
>Offensive breakthroughs
>the way no matter how bad I was there was always a way to help
>defending The Crown to our last breaths for the glory of the republic
>all 100% organic
It really is a unique game and I honestly love a lot of it. I'm 100% willing to die over and over again to whales if I make an impact overall, but It's just got no players and a whole buncha other bullshit.
feelsbadman

Attached: 1513468738810.png (671x588, 57K)

the basics aren't complicated. shoot the man in the head is fairly universal.

To be fair if you're not trying to be a bot it's going to take awhile. Mostly just shit like learning all the vehicles and their weapons, what fights to take, how to make good fights yourself, base layouts, etc. Takes a bit longer than the average shooter but he was definitely overstating it.

Oh it definitely is but it shits all over balance in favor of raking in sweet dollarydoos in the most korean way possible.

Attached: PSA 2019-02-03 19-26-36-45.jpg (2560x1440, 1.3M)

>tfw you remember how it took years for them to get red dots to work
>For the longest time they were just decals attached to the center of the red dot and you could barely even see them at night

Attached: 1407442142026.jpg (904x960, 341K)

>harasser got nerfed
>tank babs couldn't handle a half decent counter existing

>Set up prowler
>Do a 360 to make sure no fairies
>Get ready to shoot
>blow up to c4
I don't know how they find me sometimes

>multi-faction weapons
>lattice system implemented badly
>give everyone C4 and anti-air capability of some kind
>rape the artstyle to the point target identification becomes fucked, not to mention everything just being ugly
>microjew purchases out the ass
>performance never fixed

>not hearing the drifter coming towards you
No one but yourself to blame

Attached: PSA 2019-02-03 19-33-46-64.jpg (2560x1440, 2.54M)

>tfw played light assault because it seemed cool to be able to flank
>end up getting scythed down by heavy assaults constantly

It only failed when the gold haired guy with his dog stopped giving free codes in the general

based collusion man

Attached: Hairby.jpg (360x200, 20K)

HIGBY DID NOTHING WRONG

>tfw I snagged the code for money camo just before he left so I can now look like the soldier t-ray always wanted me to be

Attached: tray you bastard.jpg (699x1153, 217K)