Why the fuck is the steam refund policy so bad

why the fuck is the steam refund policy so bad

Attached: 1537451765688.png (614x615, 552K)

>2 hours or your money back instantly no questions asked
i've gotten refunds before with 5 hours on the game, you just need to say that the game bricks your PC or something and post "proof"

Because they never wanted to do that and only did it to avoid getting fucked up the ass by EU fines

How tf do you post proof of such thing

>force windows to bluescreen with fn+home or whatever the key combo was
>take a picture of it
>photoshop the error code to be something else
>????
>profit

Because the flash sales were gone due to it.

Fuck flash sales.

>>your money back instantly no questions asked

>It takes a week until you actually get your money back
>Have to select a reason for your refund request and half of them are almost auto-reject answers unless it's your very first refund request then you can type dickballs in the bar and still get granted a refund

>by EU fines
AUS fines.
EU didn't do shit and doesn't protect you in terms of digital goods, stupid ass.

No, it was EU. Not sure where you got your info, bro.

Probably being able to read, is where I got my info, dipshit, maybe you wouldn't need a nanny state if you could read fine print.

Attached: Mu-muh EU.png (847x554, 26K)

Why the fuck can't I buy sack of gems?

To encourage piracy.

would a 2 week no holds barred refund policy end up working out for steam or would it severely fuck them over?

What are the auto-reject answers? I've refunded games with the reason "it isn't fun" multiple times

Attached: 232c9f41aac0-600x338.jpg (600x338, 51K)

Imagine perpetuating your retarded pseudo government is for the people, only for shit like this and "Muh EU study that proves piracy helps sales" that got debunked because it read like a fucking 60 year old boomer wrote it actually gets read. "HURR PEOPLE WILL BUY GAMES IF STUFF IS BEHIND A PAYWALL" Like that's not what piracy is there to get around, fucking retarded.

Never had a problem with it, and I returned a game once with "pronouns faggotry" as reason. Are you using as a rental service or something?

Why are you trying to refund? Don't you see steam is falling fucking apart we need to donate money to em.

>buy a game, have two weeks to refund it
>beat game within two weeks
>return it
Basically they're fucked unless you buy an RPG

Yeah it should probably be 24 hours or at most 3 days.

>Maybe this game will get interesting after 2 hours
>Maybe this game will get interesting after 5 hours
>Maybe this game will get interesting after 10 hours
>Wtf I beat this game and it wasn't any good, give me my money back

What if the game has a long cutscene filled tutorial then when you start playing the real game its shitfest

>It takes a week until you actually get your money back
Its like that for most big companies retard

ITT no one seems to know that if you use the steam wallet refunds are incredibly easy.

the fact that digital content doesn't benefit from the 14-day refund period in the EU doesn't mean that it has no refund period at all.

They comply to the absolute minimum requirements to not break the european law, Gaben just wants your money no matter how much you cream your pants at every steam sale

most games also fit in that.

the 2 hours is a complete freebie, not required by any laws

Would you rather have
>2 hours, 2 weeks, 90% of the time your refund gets approved without issue but the current shitty sales
or go back to
>flash sales, daily deals, actual good steam sales, but their old shitty horrible refund policy

More like fuck refunds, I would 1000% prefer to have flash sales back.

I've only ever done two refunds but I got both of them back within 6 hours.

This is the reason why it took so long before they were forced to have refunds. It's because of retards like you that get pleasure from buying things on sale.

works for us aussies
the ACCC forced them to give a guaranteed refund within 14days if the game doesnt meet expectations or is faulty.
it's fucking great
for those who dont know, the ACCC are the same mob who also almost shut down Sony over DVD region locking.

Attached: 1548915549175.jpg (960x701, 141K)

>Is a retarded baby that has to preorder games and make uninformed purchases
>calls people retards for spending less money

Lmao

that's cool as hell

*bans loli, guns, and free speech*
A-at least we have r-r-refunds.

The ACCC can't force anything. They have no power. All the ACCC did was file a lawsuit. The law is the one that did the forcing.

>abuses refund systems
>gets mad about games costing $140 new

Literally just say the game was falsely advertised and the screenshots/description were misleading. I've got dozens of $ back like this and even managed to finish a few >2hr games and still get a refund.

... what do you mean? i use it all the time and have literally never been denied before

Seething

If you think the steam refund policy is bad, check out the ubisoft store's policy.

Do they even have a fucking refund system on their dumpster fire of a store?

There's no causal relationship there, genius.

It’s great though, what’s your problem with it?

They have to. It's the law. And their refund policy is basically just the bare minimum required by the law, i.e. no refunds unless it's defective.

Sounds like you have to prove that the game doesn't work on your system somehow. Boy howdy that doesn't sound abuseable by the company at all.

It isn't. I've bought games, downloaded them, copied the files from the install directory, and then refunded the game just fine.

Basically, yeah. You tell them the game isn't working properly for whatever reason and they require you to go through a troubleshooting process with them and if that doesn't work they give you a refund. If you refuse the troubleshooting process they won't give you the refund. Apparently they also just like to blame your computer and say the product is not defective and refuse the refund. And they also apparently have a very specific definition of "defective". It has to not run. Being riddled with glitches, woeful performance, etc., etc. resulting in something that is unplayable is not defective according to ubisoft because at least it runs.

AYO NIGGA GET IN WE BE PULLIN A DRIVEBY ON POLAND

there are other laws too that give you the right for a refund. im pretty sure if the software is faulty or not as advertized you have the right to demand a refund.

so says steam