You have 37 seconds to find a series that is more dead and forgotten than Startropics

You have 37 seconds to find a series that is more dead and forgotten than Startropics.

Attached: Startropics (U).jpg (200x275, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=13XkgoPrHu0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Monster Tale. Didn't even get a sequel, Startropics did though

If there's only one game then it's not a FUCKING SERIES, mate.

Attached: poot.jpg (480x355, 12K)

That game is garbage. May it be forgotten.

you're kidding right?

wasnt it just a american ripoff of dragon quest, but with horrible action sequences? even as a kid I knew they were poorly implemented versions of zelda1
just like evermore was a horrible ripoff of secret of mana
it deserved to die, in spite of a few good concepts
I admit that I feel a nostalgia for it

It's doing pretty well for itself, it's on Nintendo switch online.

Trip World

>You know you're an obscure series when you're the only Nintendo franchise to not have any spirits in Smash Ultimate.

Feels bad man.

Berserk/Frenzy

Spectrobes.

Didn't the first game have a passcode to progress in the game you could only find by soaking a certain page of the manual in water?

Not possible. It would be easier if it were “name a game or series that needs a sequel”

F-Zero

Attached: DsxCjD7XoAAp_Nn.jpg (477x508, 33K)

You can play multiple games released an in the last 10 years that mention f-zero, unlike startropics

That's because Mike will be DLC. The ultimate twist.

There was a remake for 3DS that got canned. Plus it was so dead and forgotten that it never got a sequel, thus never becoming a series

Attached: 1554486303491.jpg (685x610, 156K)

James Pond
Check and mate, faggot

Populous. Still active multiplayer community though

no shit that a nes game that got two games is a dead and forgetten series, most people don't even know it got a sequel

What was this game even trying to be? It's some american kid who plays baseball sailing from island to island fighting random monsters with a hi tech uncle professor. Shit is so fucking scattershot in design and appeal.

based ragenaut user

Don't play with my heart like that user.

Pretty sure it's still well remembered in Bongistan.

Battle Clash / Metal Combat has to be a contender.

Better then Zelda.

The 7th Saga
youtube.com/watch?v=13XkgoPrHu0

Creatures

The Nintendo Switch online is the same 10 NES games that Nintendo resells and everything else that Nintendo and everyone else think that they couldn't get away will selling. It's not the compliment you think it is.

Think like Back to the Future, but instead of time travel you're exploring exotic islands filled with mysteries and monsters. Like Rick and Morty.

Warwind

Stylish

Attached: 7thSagaBattle.gif (256x224, 351K)

Yes. I did not beat this as a kid for that reason.

Gotcha senpai

Attached: 220px-BoxArtLolo1(US).jpg (220x313, 27K)

yeah, that and Adventure Island were big for a while.

Attached: snes_super_adventure_island_p_r3twe5.jpg (800x558, 122K)

Attached: 230px-AmazonCoverArt.jpg (230x241, 29K)

Creatures 3 had such a nifty setting with that ship and all. More could have definitely been done with it.

Maybe because it looks like "Video Game: The Game".

I think about this game often.

R.C. Pro-Am, which is now best-known for the N64 installment turning into Diddy Kong Racing.

StarTropics is in the unfortunate position of being a Nintendo game that was never released in Japan, so it will never get acknowledged, even though Japan-only titles like Murasame Castle, For the Frog the Bell Tolls and Shin Onigashima get references or cameos in things often enough. At least Of Myths and Monsters is lucky enough to be attached to a more prominent franchise, so it eventually got a Japan release, even if Uprising and everything afterwards don't even give it a nod.

Rock and Roll Racing was an improvement on that

How would you adapt a game like StarTropics in modern times today? Pull an Uprising?

I had to call Nintendo Power to get the code. And they would milk you to rack up those phone minutes rather than giving you a straight answer. I can't imagine how many times those phone operators got told off by frustrated 10-year old's to stop jerking them around.

>every game needs to be a sequel
Faggot

Wind Waker with a submarine.