Which side are you on? Digital or Physical?

Which side are you on? Digital or Physical?

Attached: 94687933-0223-4CF8-87F8-3E85D8D1A3BF.jpg (1280x720, 161K)

Physical

>Only 32gb
Holy shit faggot how poor are you? 128 is cheap as hell now.

Physical but I feel fucking burned every time it's just a disc or cart with a launcher to download the game anyway

Digital if it's less than 10GB, physical otherwise

that is just a stock image, you are very rude

>preordering games in 2019

Whichever is cheaper. If price is the same, probably digital

Physical lets you display your games if you want to collect them and resell them if you don't.

Physical for AAA games, digital for indie games.

Physical if it's not on sale.

Why the FUCK are PS4 and Nintendo games MORE expensive buying it from the company directly through their eStores?

Attached: angryv.png (385x430, 180K)

Always Physical unless it's digital only. I'll still buy the physical release if it's announced later (after the game is released, such as Sonic Mania).

Physical while being fully aware it's a meme I was cucked into
Tfw to smart to be ignorant, but not smart enough to emancipate myself from mental slavery

I’m aware, jackass. I have the 128 one.

Phydital
You can't go all physical when things like day 1 patches and DLC (unless the release a special edition years later)

why would they be cheaper outside of a sale?

Both

Attached: 56BA0C09-CD40-477D-8CFD-8F5D7D6FBE2D.png (680x788, 117K)

Piratefag

Physical

Because youre buying it directly from them and not a retailer?

Digital

Only drawback is I can't sell it to someone if I get bored of it

Seriously man, I remember thinking that digital games were going to be cheaper for us by cutting out the physical part. Of course they sell it for the same as retail.

Physical, because if something fcks up in the digital realm all that shit gets lost. Whereas if i fuck up in the phsyical realm then at least I can blame myself and not some bullshit

>mfw I know I would be better off going digital for games I’ll play everyday like Smash and MHGU but I still got them physical because I fell for the shelf collection meme

Attached: 19D5DC19-1E90-43DC-B02E-DE72C4A38C8C.png (686x443, 84K)

They want to make sure they have full control over your account, so if you do something they don't want you to do or say, they can just remove all your games.

Physical.
Buying digital leads to retarded shit like google stadia.

Physical, but as ive been getting older i feel like having the games in person with the cases is just like surrounding my self in junk and i dont like feeling like that. But i grew up in a hoarding type household so pretty much anything i have feels like im surrounding myself in junk

PHYSICAL NIGGA

Attached: y.jpg (800x564, 58K)

does that even happen on the console market? all i ever hear is it happening on pc games

Physical 99% of time

Attached: 1514563314167.jpg (1000x1000, 355K)

thats not how that works

Digital for PC, Physical for Nintendo Switch. Nothing for the other consoles (Antimatter).

nice collection user

Digital. Don't become a fucken hoarder like this nig

I prefer physical if possible, but will settle for digital. Pisses me off that consoles always require a lot of extra storage. I had to buy an external drive for my PS4 after only downloading a handful of games.

>buy physical game
>still have to install 40-50gb

Attached: Sadboss.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

Physical 99% of the time because I'm not a cuck.

iirc someone had their whole account blocked/banned on PS4. I'm sure someone has the whole article link somewhere.

>the same as retail

You mean more.

Physical whenever available for mainly singleplayer that I know I'm only gonna play every so often (Mario Odyssey, Zelda BotW, Kirby Star Allies, Dong Freeze, etc), digital whenever physical isn't available or for mainly multiplayer/online experiences (Smash, Splatoon, mario kart, etc)

That is how it works.

Digital because I'm too autistic to ask an employee to get a game out for me.

>Stealing the empty display cases from GameStop

I heavily lean digital for my handhelds. Hacking my PSP and being able to have half a dozen games on it at once without having to carry around those dumb disks was fan fucking tastic. I can go either way on console games but still kind of prefer digital. I'm already running out of shelf space as it is, loading up on more games would be too much. Most games I have sold in the past are ones that I end up wanting to play again years later and can't always find - then I just end up having to emulate.

Physical if I can. A digitial copy from the physical or found online too if I can.

Physical can be resold and will accrue value over time

Digital will sit in your SD card until it goes corrupt and will be worthless on an account when download servers are shut down

I'm slowly coming to realize all the anime games I buy already aren't complete with both free and paid DLC applied in a patch at launch. At that point it may as well be digital.

Attached: DjxI5PYU0AEuy6L.jpg_orig.jpg (1080x859, 85K)

>buy physical game
>need to download 30gb patch in order to play
Both are shit nowadays.

I got one like 5 months ago and I need to upgrade again

physical if the game lets me.

man imagine being this insecure. whats up with you and numbers buddy??? is there something youre compensating for??

I prefer physical for purchase. If not, I just pirate it.

Attached: 46929163.gif (450x337, 1.25M)

digital who the fuck in 2019 buys physical?

I like how Gamestop is such in the shitter now the business practice they have has to go the opposite way into giving benefits for normal shit.

Physical, but it's getting harder and harder to stay physical only

If it's a single-player game, then physical.

If it's a multiplayer-centric game, or a game I plan on playing and replaying a LOT, then digital.

It really just comes down to how often I plan on putting the disc/cart in the machine and taking it out again. If I'm popping it in once or twice, then physical, if I plan on going back to the game again and again, it just saves time to go digital.

Physical. Being able to have a collection is one of my favorite things about having a console. I nearly lost my shit when I put my CD in my ps4 and it started to download the game from the CD to the console.

A retailer has incentive to unload inventory, hence the existence of things like clearance sales.

e-stores don't need to lower prices for that reason.

I still do.

Where my physicalniggas at? We still out here.

Attached: 1515742356875.jpg (600x600, 158K)

It's the stores. They can't undercut physical stores or they'll cut space for the things they can't sell digitally.

Physical, I prefer having something tangible to put on my shelf and potentially sell later if I desire. I could understand an argument for digital if it wasn't the same damn price. There is no reason for physical and digital to be the same price.

Physical with a digital backup

I think indie games are 95% digital you dip shit

Physical.

Digital is not only a waste of your money considering you get the same thing as just pirating a game except you're not tied to an account and have no DRM, but you also are able to get games that have been delisted, you actually own your game and can't get it taken away from you outside of literal robbery or something happening to your home, you can sell, loan, or buy games to or from other people, and they're always cheaper than digital games unless said digital game is roughly 15 years old or flopped terribly. You can get brand new games for $20 unless they're made by Nintendo months after release, meanwhile digital is sitting there with a thumb up its ass waiting for seasonal sales at best. Unless you're a lazy asshole there is not a single reason why you should buy digital.

whichever one is cheaper

Attached: brendan-fraser-robotman-doom-patrol.jpg (620x440, 76K)

How does us spending less via the company spending less to not manufacture physical cases and discs to then sell to third party stores like GameStop not make sense to you? Why is a non-tangible game still $59.99 when they do not have to spend the money involved in all the processes I just mentioned?

Physical if I'm buying, digital if I'm pirating.

Ok now this makes sense to me

>Why is a non-tangible game still $59.99 when they do not have to spend the money involved in all the processes I just mentioned?
Because it means you are undercutting the physical vendors and offering a reason for consumers not to purchase from them which gets rid of people to advertise and sell your console and its games leading to less sales on games overall and making it so a game never has to drop in price because now there is always a demand and infinite shelf space.

Game sharing on console in games with friends is pretty common, if you're unable to create such friendships in the first place for sharing account information, lmao I came back to console last year after 8 years of League of Legends and open world games on Steam. I don't see how it's possible to live life without friendships that don't allow trust with accounts.

Piracy. So digital.

i go for whatever's convenient for me at the time because i haven't been brainwashed to think that only one side or the other is good

Except game sharing has hoops you have to jump through. Steam for example will not let the other side play games at all until the person is finished "Sharing" one. Playstation only allows something like 3 consoles max registered for that account. Xbox used to be 5 consoles in its entire lifetime and you had to always be signed into Xbox Live in order for the other person to play the game. Nintendo requires you to set a primary Switch and won't allow games unless you switch that one to a Primary Switch which stops you from accessing games you downloaded.

Wait what the fuck Steam has game sharing? Is this a fucking joke? SO I did int have to buy copies all the time with friends? I went back to console last year. Ps4 is 3 accounts? I thought it was 2 ???? What the hell no fucking way

We are reliant on download servers now. For patches and DLC. For a while I stopped buying physical and went digital, since a disc is just "one extra step" right?

Then I realized those download servers could be taken away at any time. They already have been on the original Xbox and Wii is about ready to go.

So I stopped playing new games entirely and now I just want to collect every interesting PS2 game. Because I like to own things.

>physical
>having a large portion of price skimmed off the top by some shitty third party
or
>digital
>100% of your money going to the developers themselves, allowing them to further produce more games

The choice is obvious.

Attached: IMG_4730.jpg (800x553, 295K)

Do we know how jewish lulua is going to be if at alllol
L&S was the only actually bad one with movespeed and some other old qol stuff that was just in the base game previously

I buy whatever's cheaper. Also depends on how big the game is. My stupid-ass ISP has a 1 tb data cap.

I purposely seed torrents to get as close to my cap as possible. 980 gigs last month.

Physical representative here. Massive fan of Nicalis and Limited Run Games desu.

But yea I gave fuck all about physical anyways since no single player game will ever offer the experience I get with quality groups of people anyways. The main point is you can share games in the first place compared to physical which helps this social dynamic easier.

>implying shit goes to the devs

Who gives a fuck about social dynamics? We are playing single player games.

My fucking god am I just getting too old or what? A nice physical copy of a good game is all I need. You multiplayerfags need to fuck off.

Attached: 1525441576421.webm (640x640, 1.28M)

Why Not Both
>Also Rich from ReviewTechUSA is a fag

Do you still buy DVD's or Blueray?

Steam has it but again, only one person can play games, if another person wants to they can literally kick you off the game at any time they feel like it, you can't play it offline, and it requires you signing into Steam locally to enable the sharing on your account.
Playstation should be 3 unless they changed it again. It used to be 5 back during the PS3 era but they cracked down on it because they didn't want people doing exactly that.

I wish the industry would allow physical copies to have a digital copy included. But that would be too much like right and actually looking out for the best interest of the consumer.

I rarely replay games and prefer not to have my home filled with useless junk so Digital

Capitalism dictates that will never happen. Less effort = more profit

>having caps
What shitty third world country is this?

Physical, I only buy digital if there's no other way to get a game, or the price is

Yes, I buy Blurays constantly. DVDs have worse quality and scratch easier.

They don't do that because it means you can just give your friend the code meaning one less sale. The only way to do it would be to make it so your physical copy has a CD key on it which allows you to redeem the game on your account, but then anyone else who tries it it doesn't work.

Physical is almost always cheaper for consoles

>seeding
Holy shit, you fuckers don't actually seed, do you? The fuck is wrong with you?
>uwu its the moral thing to do you're helping others download it when you seed
You're already fucking pirating something, don't discuss morals with me. Pirating is amoral, but we all do it. Pretending we're righteous for seeding is stupid and a desperate attempt to make you feel better for being so selfish you need to download shit without paying for it.

Don't seed.

Attached: RadioDJ.jpg (300x291, 19K)

Really depends on how lazy I'm feeling when I want to get a game.

Always the cheaper one. What kind of fucking faggot collects physical just to show off? I know I won't show my games to anyone anyway

Naw I mean it's not even that you want a good story line read a book nigger, the AI in linear single player games doesn't get any better since fucking 20 years ago so it's all the same shit really.

I mean Watch Dogs, GTA, Dark souls, Prototype any single player game is X Deal Damage kill unit with different particle effects and animations it's all the same shit. And video game limitations are limited to what you can do on a controller as well.

Not him but I rent 4k Blu Rays and I'll occasionally buy a certified kino classic on any format if I get a good deal just picked up Anchoress and Woman in the Dunes.

pick up and play games, smaller indies, or super cheap stuff i usually go digital. bigger titles i mostly go digital unless i know its gonna be something i'll always want to have on hand. i don't understand physical exclusive cucks who refuse to download anything. why do you want to sift through dozens of cases every single time you want to change games?

I used to be physical. Have loads of physical games across platforms, special editions, etc. There gets a point though where you stop wanting to show it off. It comes off the shelves, it goes in boxes, and it just becomes a hindrance. Also if you go digital you get games much faster. So, digital.

Imagine being this salty at one dude keeping full romsets seeded for laughs.

Guess I'll seed even more now because it makes you upset?

Physical games can still fucking die, you retarded Yea Forumstards

They're just as bad as digital.

if you buy a game digitally on the switch and save it to the micro sd card, does it remain yours if something happens with your account? can you take the micro sd card to a friends switch and they can play it?

Physical, I'm always suspicious of people who tell me that digital is better. With digital you don't actually own anything, as any digital media can be pulled at any time.

Physical cause I'm a collector fag. Though I mostly do digital for PC since it's way too much of a hassle to find physical copies of most PC games.

Yea I think it has something to do with being old or something, like a collector sounds like you have you're life together to still pursue this type of thing. I mean in regards to being convenient I think it's starting to out weigh just that. Sales in decline are indicative of this regardless of how you comment on this.

Wait there re-doing old movies into 4k? That's pretty interesting. I guess i'm just not at that age yet to give 2 shits about it, I do catch myself 1-2 times a year watching an old movie I want to rewatch I guess.

seeding? You mean my Karma farm?

Attached: hahaha.jpg (680x621, 26K)

No not redoing them. Well some of them.

I rent modern spectacles at 4k at the rental place here but I have a soft spot for physical media so I'll pick up blu Ray's occasionally. I'm not an autistic collector though it's just the 1 shelf unit I probably have like 50.

With physical your shit can literally get stolen or damaged you turbo nigger, also you don't own software regardless of the medium it's on, at most you own the rights to use a piece of plastic with data on it. If access bothers you then know you can easily pirate games even after it gets "pulled".

Fuck man your type is retarded.

At least you get pretty damn good sales on PS4, on the switch they're fucking terrible

>does it remain yours if something happens with your account?
That's up to Nintendo, but Switch games has certificates that can be revoked any time Nintendo wants.

>can you take the micro sd card to a friends switch and they can play it?
No.

Whichever's more convenient at the time, often digital beats me out just for sheer convenience (or being the only viable/free method ie Switch piracy)

Analog

Attached: 2afa02e79bfedfe5a2338f6ee48319f1db3b610d[1].jpg (1097x737, 136K)

aint no one got time fo dat nigga, interesting though I wonder if it's just based on a time filler instead.

What makes me laugh is the poor people are watching Netflix and I STILL see people in 2018-2019 Lexus, Jeep, Infinities and other Luxary cars renting videos.

Digital would be the best if it was permanent and download speeds were instant.

Physical is nice in case companies randomly decide to discontinue a game. But it also doesn't last. Most of my DS games have trouble starting up.

>100% of your money going to the developers themselves, allowing them to further produce more games
30% goes to the storefront
out of that 30%, 3-5% goes to the payment processor
Unless the developers self-publish, then the rest 70% is distributed between the publisher and the developer depending on how the contract is written.

At lauch has a costume pack
Meruru and Totori DLC characters in their own DLC pack.

Attached: kogustkun.gif (133x119, 21K)

Might as well start investing in the mark of the beast crypto currency, an EMP attack, or shorting the stock market for an economic collapse then.

No seriously the odds are probably likely you'll get struck by lightning if any of these companies chances of failing desu. If anything digital would fail in the market related to mainstream corporations then ALL types of data is at risk to begin with.

So just back to the base line of extra stuff for waifus? No locking a major gameplay mechanic behind a grind/paywall?

you have higher chances of a nigger doing a home invasion then digital media fucking you over

Man Pinball machines are awesome but holy fuck are they expensive.

>Physical is nice in case companies randomly decide to discontinue a game.

this is the only reason to buy physical, physical games COULD possibly be worth a lot of shit in the future MAYBE. But then again that's a collector mindset.

Not that I recall but Totori and Meruru are kinda big to not include.

I have a 15gb cap with my iPhone mobile hotspot. I can still use it after that but it’s slow as shit, like 20mbs per hour download speeds. Can’t get real internet in the spot I live at in Alabama. It would take me around 6-8 months to download a game like Red Dead Redemption 2 if I bought it digital.

Attached: E44DA1F0-94CC-43E1-8534-A893F6F1304D.jpg (339x399, 49K)

Physical for console exclusives or neat CEs (I really like my NieR Automata and Yakuza 6 ones). Digital for multiplats on my PC.

It's kind of shit but preferable to L&S

Physical. Your copy stays until your medium's broken / lost.

That's just a few shitty publishers. If you absolutely have to play their games, then I guess your only choice is to bend over.

Depends on the genre. Single player games are always physical.

Fighting games and stuff like Animal Crossing are digital so I always have them when I travel.

Attached: 1430024584185.jpg (457x424, 51K)

Digital because I still own my digital copy despite what retards will claim.

Based

>raging at a stock image

Attached: 1539147393729.png (303x311, 165K)

>he buys physical on PC
lmao, are you okay?

i really hope they stop using dvd's this upcoming gen and started using usb sticks, especially for pc games. an average sized flash drive maybe in colored plastic and a custom game label. it would come in a box the size of your cell phone but a little thicker that has the box art. like the gba/ds games but with a flash drive. i don't really care for physical copies of video games in their current state, boxes are too big and i don't care to keep a lot of clutter around. i will probably buy that hollow knight physical edition for pc, tho.

I prefer a hybrid model. Physical with a box and all the goodies we expect until sales taper off, then transition to digital downloads (including a manual and box scans). During the digital download period, publishers should also offer a "back issue" service where, for a reasonable price, they write the game to physical media on-demand and send it to you in the mail. After a game console is withdrawn from marketing, publishers can discontinue the digital download service for that console as well, but should maintain the back issue service. This should ensure that people who actually want to play games can buy them without having to deal with bootleggers and collector scum.

DVD/BD = $0.3-$1.
USB stick = $5-$20, depending on size.

Physical because it's utterly retarded to go digital unless it only exists in digital form and/or is just that much cheaper to get it digital. Digital purchases have no value and is literally throwing money away.

>small collection of tasteful ce's for games I really care about
>handful of cheap used physical copies for one offs I might not play often
>digital for games I play often/multi that were purchased on sale
Anything else is pleb tier

Digital, of course.

Attached: 20190428_222409.jpg (4032x3024, 2.22M)

based
i'm sure the jews will figure something out to lower the price. however, i'd gladly pay an extra $10 if i got my wish that they made cool manual/artbooks a standard in the box as well as the flash drive, a code that will tie the game to my account and a cool box the size of my cell phone.

That looks disgusting, like a chinese knock off. why not use the modified atmosphere?

that a hacked switch? how's that it looks cool

Usually digital, only physical if it's somehow cheaper or more convenient.

Both, but more so digital.

Digital. Switch game cases look like shit to me. Plus piracy.

Attached: 1491371087193.jpg (960x720, 94K)

Physical until you own digital and can sell your used license to other people.

The only exceptions are games you play daily or are good to always have on you. Stuff like Animal Crossing/Smash/Mario Kart.

until companies stop treating buying digital as renting I'll stick with Physical.

Actually, 256GB is hella cheaper now.

Noice collection my nigger.

I have American internet, that is not holding a 4k stream.

And I like going to the rental store. All 5 copies of Days Gone were rented unfortunately.

No physical = I pirate. Paying for digital should not be an option in anyone's mind.
fpbp

Attached: I will now buy your game2.png (1200x837, 729K)

Every original Xbox and Wii had this happen though.

>bro just mod it

Sure, and I have, both of them (after multiple faulty chinkshit IDE adapters) but then what's the point of buying anything at all if we are just going to have to find ways to steal it later.

>Haha dont know man I dont buy games I'm not a fag.

Ok.

Usually physical, LEs I have mostly dropped. Don't need all that stuff really, except for one series

Attached: 74008912_p0.jpg (1700x1500, 523K)

I'm in the weird train of thought of both. I would love a day where buying physical got you the cart but also allowed you to download the same game digitally. In the case of things like the switch, having games on a 128 is too convenient

>streaming
>4k
Netflix and other streaming """""services'""""" """"""4k UHD""""""" streams have a fraction of the bit rate of a blu-ray, let alone 4k UHD blu-ray, some even have a lower bit rate than a DVD. Dumb fucks actually buy a 4k tv to watch their bit starved streams on, thats probably most people that have a 4k tv.

Physical unless there's a really good deal on the eshop (which there almost never is)

I pay for physical, pirate digital.
Even if that were the case then you still might as well pirate instead of pay for digital
>good deal
>digital
Doesn't exist. Even $1 is too much for digital

I always thought Blu Ray looked alot better than streaming, especially 4k. Everybody thought I was retarded.

When I pirate I should look for a high bitrate then.

Physical for everything PS3 and backwards. Digital for PS4 because games ship as broken piles of garbage that require a day 1 patch to function anyway.

Physical, did u hear about that dude that had his whole library locked for getting banned?

GOG is pretty based tho.

Blu-ray utilizes codec profile with minimal compression.
Most streaming services tries to compress as much data as they can, as long as normies don't realize it. A single layer of BD can hold 25GB of data. You think streaming services would pay for the same amount of storage and bandwidth per episode?

either, depending on the situation

I started off with physical for games I really like. But I recently started getting a lot of games on the e shop and I see it’s appeal. Getting a 256gb one soon.

Physical on home consoles, digital on handheld. My Switch is almost always docked so in that case, physical.

Attached: 877E37D2-4030-4E0A-9798-D05CC9BA9E1E.png (376x256, 96K)

Why would you buy physcial copys when you can just wait for a steam sale to get digitals

physical since i wont buy a fucking sd no mather how cheap is basically money i could put in another game, only if is really cheap or digital only like hollow knight

It's kinda a moot point, I don't have that much of a choice since I'm a PC gamer.

>When I pirate I should look for a high bitrate then.
High bitrate doesn't mean much.
It also depends on the codec and the codec profile used.
To this day, transporting a truck full of backup tapes (or BD discs) is still the cheapest way to move data if you don't mind the latency.

Not enough availability in latin america. Digital is the better deal, but i'm running out of space, and putting a new stick in is a pain in the ass.

Physical to the point that I don't even keep up with what games are coming out digitally, and only learn about them when they get some kind of limited physical release later on. Fuck having my games tied to an account.

I do buy digital from GOG occasionally, but only because there's almost no other way to buy games for PC that doesn't involve DRM and launcher bullshit.

>Switchfag that had all physical games
>Apartment caught on fire due to downstairs neighbor
>Paid for fire insurance for years out of fear that my neighbors would do some dumb shit like this one day
>Insurance company wrote me a nice check that covered the value of everything that I had thanks to the annual appraisal
>Friend convinced me to go through Craigslist and OfferUp to search for a used early productions switch and hack it
>find one for $200
>hack it and buy a 256gb card for it
>so far only download games that I’ve had on my backlog and don’t plan on downloading games I already finished
>all games play without problem and couldn’t be happier
I don’t normally pirate console games, but I looked at the itemization on the appraisal after the fire happened and I spent way too much on vidya. Thankfully, I’m not a collectors editionfag so I honestly lost nothing and gained almost $2,000 on console itemization with another $3,000 for my computer

Attached: BE78B473-4432-47F9-B7B8-3551F1C80250.jpg (640x640, 41K)

On the switch 100% physical.
The resale value on that thing is huge