Fuck you, Ages was better

Fuck you, Ages was better.

Attached: OoSA.png (695x275, 303K)

bump

both are downgrades from LA

Attached: 3009500-maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 103K)

zelda sucks

I can refute you in two words, and they’re both “Jabu”.

Zelda sucks

>Two Oracles threads on Yea Forums at the same time

Sometimes this shithole pulls through after endless pepejaks

I prefer secre-
Oh wait the 3rd game never happened.

I prefer Seasons, but I respect your opinion

Already getting vietnam flashbacks from that god awful shitfest

RIP Farore

It's not that bad, what the fuck is this meme and why do I keep seeing it spouted so much. Are you the same type of idiot that parrots "haha le water temple so haaard LOL XDDD"? I still prefer Seasons but Jabu has absolutely nothing to do with that.

onox

Attached: onox.jpg (474x687, 48K)

>Veran shows up constantly throughout Ages, has three forms, and her final form has multiple forms.
>Onox pisses off completely after the intro cutscene, only has two forms, and is basically just an Iron Knuckle without a face plate.

What the fuck happened?

Neat. I’m playing through Seasons right now for the first time. I’m at the 3rd temple, the snake one. Are the two games different enough to warrant getting both? Or is it like Pokémon where it’s 99% the same and only matters to completionists?

I only played ages but the story was great. Sad to hear seasons is worse

Onox is a better final boss, but Ages is a better game I think.

They're literally completely different games. Also if you play one you get a code to put into the other to carry over content. You're meant to play both.

Huh. Didn’t know that. I’ll definitely check it out. I skipped all the handheld Zelda games after LA.

Ages became a complete slog between Crown Dungeon and Mermaid's Cave. It was so painful, and everything leading up to and including Jabu Jabu was almost as painful.

Correct.

Mermaid Tail and Jabu alone ruin Ages, but personally the overworld was less fun than Seasons and the gimmick isn't as fun until you get the Tune of Ages. The dungeon prior to Jabu and the path to Jabu itself is also really not that fun even though you finally have control of time.

It's not a hard dungeon, it's incredibly tedious. Mermaid Tail means mashing on the d-pad just to move, there's a puzzle which involves a key and multiple floors and if you make a mistake it means going all the way back up meaning more mashing, there's rising and lowering water, and you get tired of it in minutes.

The games each tell two separate stories that then converge into one final story via a "secrets system" where characters in one game give you a code meant to be redeemed in the other (this also unlocks item upgrades, and items not found in the regular games like the Big Goron Sword). It's similar to Fire Emblem Fates in that regard, but unlike Fates is actually good and worth your time. Besides that, Ages is intentionally more puzzle-oriented while Seasons is more action-oriented.

Ages' bullshit library puzzle was nearly enough to make 9 year old me put their head through a wall

>what the fuck happened?
They gave both very different roles, that's what. Veran had a much more hands on approach with her deeds considering she possesses multiple people including Queen Anri and makes her servants build the tower among other things so she had actual plans with her time fuckery. Onox just kinda fucks the seasons then seemed to be content to just sit back and chills until Link shows up to fuck it up towards the end.

Attached: LA DX Cliff Scene.png (384x355, 188K)

I dislike the tail as much as the next guy but after a point it becomes at worst a mild annoyance. Like fuck, I beat that shit when I was like 8, and beat it again recently with digital controls on my phone. It's really not even 1/10th as bad as so many people make it out to be. It also has the best dungeon music along with Mermaid's Cave ironically, but that might be a me thing.

You do get used to it, not saying you don't, it's just a really annoying downgrade and gets more annoying if you make a mistake in Jabu specifically. I know I did once or twice and it essentially meant running through the entire dungeon again.

Hell no, General Onox was a way better boss fight at the end with a legitimate verticality to it (that isn't hookshot gimmicks), which is rare in a loz

Yeah well, same shit as with the hidden small key in the center room of the Water Temple. See where I'm getting at?
Granted, generalizing it might wrong, but the impression I get from the people bitching about Jabu is they're the same bunch that post "like if this brings u ptsd :p" memes about the Water Temple on Facebook.

I understand what you mean, and people exaggerate how bad it can be, but it's still a big downside for Ages itself while Seasons doesn't really have anything like that that comes to mind. I guess Subrosian Dancing but keep in mind people also find the Goron Dancing pretty annoying.

Subrosian dancing is easy peasy because of the leeway it gives (As in you won't lose unless you bump into another guy). Goron Dancing is basically just split second fuck you timing.