Will we ever get another Sam & Max game?

Will we ever get another Sam & Max game?

Attached: 250px-Sam_&_Max.png (250x309, 110K)

Cute feet from Sam

who even owns the rights to them now that telltale went up in smoke?

Do you have any sequels?

Attached: Do you have any Sam.png (981x977, 756K)

Probably went back to Purcell.

>telltale went up in smoke
For real? When did this happen? Can someone tl;dr?

I'd adore a new Sam and Max game from someone other than Telltale, but I feel like nobody would appreciate the special humor this series has today

Attached: thunkin.jpg (653x546, 54K)

TT actually a good job on this game before they decided adventure games aren't supposed to have puzzles.

Basically the only games they ever made money on were Walking Dead and Minecraft. So they went out of business but didn't tell their employees the day of.

Thats illegal, so they got hit with a class action lawsuit.

Er, UNTIL the day of.

I have to imagine all Sam&Max fans know this, but in case you don't, play Poker Night 1 and 2 if you haven't. First one just has Max, second one has both Sam and Max. Poker Night 2 is the last video game appearance of the duo to date

Attached: poker-night-2-sam-max_1024.0_cinema_640.0[1].jpg (640x360, 44K)

what rock have you been living under? that happened last year, basically they went bankrupt because they didn't make any money on their movie games because people would just watch it on youtube

also they shut down their business and didn't tell their employee's and they got sued, it was funny as hell to see all their employees have a meltdown on social media.

Attached: q.jpg (780x780, 270K)

I'd like any sort of media with Sam and Max but with TTG going out the series is effectively dead. Purcell is too busy with his work at Pixar and I can't think of any company that could or would want to make a game from the property.

The TTG games were legit funny and fun to play though. I'll always be a fan of it but nothing lasts forever.

Attached: 1525110155940.jpg (1200x947, 505K)

My headcanon is that Sam has a genius intellect, he only seems like he does everything at a slow pace in the games for the sake of the player.

>bought, played, and liked sam and max, and bttf
>never gave a fuck about wanking dead and minecrap
>games I didn't like were their best sellers
Do you guys ever think about parallel dimensions? Like maybe there's a dimension where all of the best game franchises are the franchises that get the most attention? Not just from the fans but also from the people making them? And companies that waste their time and resources on shitty boring franchises, stories, and gameplay mechanics are the companies that end up going under? I think about this kind of thing a lot. Do you think it would be possible to slip between dimensions without even realizing it? I mean, how would you even know if you did? Besides just one day becoming aware of how shitty things are? idk, some days nothing in life makes any sense at all.

Attached: Portal_cat.jpg (434x377, 34K)

TWAU was the game that most attention aside from TWD and it was easily their best.

have you ever heard of the berenstain bears theory?

It's not parallel dimension it's just casuals having no standards because they were bullied too hard

>TWAU
That shit looked gay as fuck. Was it actually any good?

>That part in the last episode where Sam asks for every plot crucial item that they've needed all season
>Bosco has every one in stock

Attached: Cheekypepe.png (1280x1280, 171K)

Reminder that Sam and Max are FINALLY getting proper fucking figures

Attached: Sam figure.jpg (1199x776, 177K)

>You know Max, 66% of all violent crimes are commited by monsters which is only 1.3% of the population.
What the fuck Purcell!!

Attached: 1411871326731s.jpg (250x236, 8K)

if you like the fantasy setting of magic being just under the surface of normal life, like hellboy 2 or something like that then yeah, imo.

End of the day it's a game about atmosphere and story so if the concept is initially offputting to you then you probably won't be won over.

based

Attached: 13%.gif (734x1100, 237K)

How do you guys feel about the villains of the Telltale Sam & Max games? Who was your favorite?

Attached: latest[1].png (182x500, 29K)

when?

They're good
I liked the moleman

I liked em. You can tell they got more ambitious as they went on. Season 1 is a little weak though, with all the retreading of areas and same characters used again and again. They even used ketchup as a solution twice. I second guessed myself that it was what I was supposed to do because it was so hackneyed.