Does anybody else love JRPGs but hate the "post-game/end-game content" shit...

Does anybody else love JRPGs but hate the "post-game/end-game content" shit? Just integrate them into the main game progression for fuck's sake.

Attached: 1502455491020.jpg (865x720, 93K)

Way to miss the point entirely.

this mouth is weirding me out tbqh

What JRPGs have your favorite post-game? Mine is TWEWY. Another Day I just amazing and the extra boss battles and hidden secrets to unlock are just top tier.

Attached: B311C766-CE40-4C6C-A16B-6FF4C357451F.jpg (1024x576, 120K)

I'd fuck that uvula desu

I ONLY HATE IT WHEN I UNLOCK EVERYTHING IN JRPGS BEFORE FINISHING THE GAME.

Attached: 1051.jpg (515x787, 152K)

Final Fantasy XII's post-game is pretty great. Spend 170 hours completing the game, and never got totally burnt out on it.

stupid fucking nene poster

That's the way it should be. The final boss should be the final boss. The final boss shouldn't be 38% completion.

It depends.
In some series, like Etrian Odyssey, the "main game" and the "postgame" are effectively the same, there's just a smattering of congratulatory cutscenes between them. It's basically just SAYING the game is over so people who don't want to finish it can say they beat it. There's very little difference, and it continues from where you left off (e.g. entering the Claret Hollows to actually beat the core/Prim, instead of the Etreant). For this kind, it's fine.
In other instances, the postgame content is just out of the way knickknacks and such, maybe an odd boss or two. For example, in Ever Oasis, the main postgame content (aside from a few more villagers) is the labyrinths and the weapons you can get from them. This isn't continuing on in the same way Etrian does, this is just pseudo-randomly generated dungeons with optional recolor bosses in them and useless items to craft. The story has concluded totally, and there's not a drop of real new dungeons. In this case, I don't usually do the postgame.

Attached: puchiplication.gif (512x288, 711K)

I agree in theory but in practice if you do it this way you guarantee the game can never really be "hard" because you can't have the final boss so difficult that players can't complete the story.

it's the other way around for me

fuck you, you little bitch

Just save fighting the final boss until you've done everything else first.

But then it'll be a walk in the park.

It's really annoying when stuff doesn't unlock/become available until you basically get to the room before the final boss, because it totally ruins the pacing of the game by not letting you work at it between advancing the story and can end up making you way over levelled for the final boss if it's content that's for some reason stronger than the world ending threat they've just spent 40 hours building up to. Like if you want to open things up for optional sidequests, at least do it a good number of hours before the "shit gets real" part of the story so it doesn't seem so dumb when the characters go off to do all this other stuff instead of saving the world.

Are there any RPGs where by the time you reach the final boss you are actually at the maximum level or very close? SMT4A did this and I really appreciated it.

Nope.
KH2FM had a kino post game with bosses that challenged you even if you were playing on baby mode.

I actually love that shit, done well it gives you something to unload on.

>Does anybody else love JRPGs but hate the "post-game/end-game content" shit? Just integrate them into the main game progression for fuck's sake.
That's not the point though. Usually they are supposed to be an additional challenge after the final dungeon. Often times they have a super boss that requires retarded amounts of grinding or very specific cheese strats to beat.

Maybe there's a better way to have a smooth difficulty curve over the course of the game rather than having everything completable using the homer simpson drinky bird method except for one optional boss which will instawipe you unless you grind to level cap, grind a very specific item set for each character and then use an exact set of abilities in a specific order.

hehehe loog ad me i posted A N I M E on the V I D E O G A M E S board :-----DDDDxD

Attached: nene1.jpg (556x556, 63K)

You'd like FFXII's hunts.