I present to you: the perfect video game

I present to you: the perfect video game.

Attached: FD59D2CD-BFFC-4012-884D-17644D3BBCC1.jpg (424x600, 74K)

>point and click shit
Fuck off boomer

Wrong

Attached: civ iv.jpg (429x600, 118K)

In what way is civ 4 better than civ 5

stacked units alone put it above 5

Stacked units are only one of the two things that make it worse than 5, the other one of course being square.

i like civ 3 best

I'm with you. V is still plenty fun, but III is the one I come back to the most

based and redpilled. I love 4 but the stack of doom made the game unplayable once you start hitting industrial age. At that point you are just keeping up with the AI to make more units and all your turn is just managing units and moving them around. Not fun at all.

came here to post this

we can all agree that 6 is the worst civ right? its comparable to steam's Artifact in how it balances the game

I really like Civ 6. I have yet to see a good argument against it other than “‘muh wiminz!!!”

the entire district thing was trying to solve a problem that didn't exist, I will never understand why they did that

>t. Doesn’t play on Deity or play multiplayer

maybe they fixed the core game mechanic with the new expansions but I couldn't go further than 30 hours. For me, Civ 6 design was similar to Artifact in that the system and decisions you make seemed very opaque. Unless you really enjoy playing Chess and understand what the hell your subtle decision will do 40 turns down the road and why it was a good/bad move. Civ 4 and 5 bonuses were intuitive and easy to understand and the themes for the civ felt great. With Civ 6, it was really weird how its like you have to build 2 tiles with X and Y and then do this, and then you will get a +1 culture bonus. Its just not exciting, and the entire game is like this.

>try to go for culture/economic victory
>"another civilization has completed the wonder/discovered this culture thing before you"
>get pissed
>build biggest sexiest military
>conquer everyone
>either bully other countries into third world city states and win the cultural victory by default
How do I into political intrigue? I really want to win this game without just angrily eating the other players.

Attached: mfw your post.gif (400x267, 150K)

security / prosperity / equality

That's not Beyond the Sword.

The AI is stupid and easy which spoils it for me honestly

Fall from Heaven.
Final Frontier Plus.
Cavemen to Cosmos.
Literally thousands of other total conversion mods.

Attached: 1554931161656.jpg (4300x3235, 3.55M)

Early wonders are RNG aplenty, optimize for more consistent results, not guaranteed ones.

>Paradox game for people with double digit IQ

>strategy game

>playing games

I struggle with civ 5 on deity, how do I deal with an AI that gets TWO settlers?!

I never get to build any wonders because of this shit

yep.. *sips*

came here to post this, Civ4 is still the best SP Civ game

It's alright.
Probably in my top 50, maybe my top 30, but not in my top 20.

aow2 is not the best 4x, but possibly the prettiest.

Also trying anything other than a domination victory is setting you up to fail

Well? Where is it?

You don't need wonders

This isn’t true. You just need to know how to play the game efficiently, you don’t really need any wonders, or you beeline the most efficient ones. The AI don’t really rush Hanging Gardens, declare war on city states for their workers, work the most efficient growth tiles or production tiles. You should play with strategic balance. Don’t pick shitty civs. You should be able to get a science victory with Babylon or the Incas depending on starting location.

Set production focus and lock your tiles to food.
The grown pop at the beginning of a turn will give you its production, but not other stuff, so you want production focus.

just give gold to city states for a diplo victory, that's what i do

The civs are horribly unbalanced at this point because they power creep with every dlc. The distribution of strategic resources also makes for unfun gameplay in the newest expansion.

Other than that civ 6 is superior to 5.