*Sips*

*Sips*
Yep. Now THAT was a racing game.

Attached: 514GZ3W9EPL.jpg (488x500, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2YdPNY7TihQ
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/941103-gran-turismo-5/57125251
youtube.com/watch?v=OVOSnCrR4IA
gtplanet.net/forum/attachments/gt6-car-list-ver-2-1-a-z-pdf.108109/
youtu.be/eV6K6rSGPAk
youtube.com/watch?v=mjan7JeBtWo
youtube.com/watch?v=XGX7AoIFOUk
youtube.com/watch?v=kLMCrMLUwBM
youtube.com/watch?v=_TeElrAOP0c
youtube.com/watch?v=aN3iN9JK_Qg
youtube.com/watch?v=xLyL-NBjVNE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yesterday I started playing GT3. I knew it wasn't a casual arcade game, but I didn't expect that. In the end I'm enjoying finding a perfect line and learning speed of each corner

Damn right it was, Gran Turismo 2 was a mind blowing evolution over the first game.

It's like that in all GT game.

Attached: 429869-gran-turismo-sport-playstation-4-front-cover.png.jpg (800x800, 60K)

Remember when Gran Turismo was about fun and quaisi-simulation, not about getting as many international e-sports seal of aprovals?

Pic extremely unrelated.

I heard GT3 has the least content out of GT2-4. Is this true? I also kinda dislike the soundtrack of 3.

Older GT games could be brute forced, at least I cout, the simulation focus wasn't as tight.

It's that progression, man. The moment you took away the progression, you took away the heart of what made Gran Turismo Gran Turismo. GT Sport giving you a race car with the simple task of driving 42 kilometers? That's just not fair.

Yeah, it has under 200 cars while 2 had 500+ and 4 had 700+. I'd highly recommend all three of them, though. I personally like them all over 3, but GT3 is still a perfectly fine game.

Oh, and as for soundtracks, I think 3 has the weakest of the 4, despite some standout tunes like "As Good as it Gets"

GT Sport is not a traditional GT game. It want to focus on online races and allow players to earn quickly good cars to compete online. And they market it like that, so it's OK.

Is this worth 20-30 euros?
i really want a racing game for the ps4.
i remember people shitting on this game because it was barebones but i see they added a lot of stuff as free updates.

Good shit, honestly it was really good for Sim racing at the time. I still find myself running races and trying to gold every license challenge every now and again. Really wish I still had my good race wheel.

>And they market it like that, so it's OK.
The director literally said that if he got his way the game would called "Gran Tursimo 7", he fully wanted that trash to be considered a mainline game.

it unironically was. i love them all, but gt2 was probably the most astonishing one
>played gt2 as a 10yo kid on cousin's psx
>it was an absolute revolution back then
>played it all my life, got good in car stuff through years
>replayed gt2 recently
>holy shit how good it is
>handling is a bit difficult to understand after playing modern games, but when you get it, it's very clear and logical
>AI is better than anything gt3/4/5 had, although that's not much of an accomplishment
>can have some decent battles against gt2 ai because bots are more or less aware of your presence (unlike 3/4) and won't spill spaghetti on a slightest bump (unlike 5), gt2 ai can't pit you either because physics won't allow them to do that
>amount and quality of content is second only to gt4, loads of interesting race classes and equally detailed cars with race mods and whatnot

4 is probably the king, but 2 is close second

>Is this worth 20-30 euros?
Yes.
>i really want a racing game for the ps4.
Me too, and I don't regret it. They add a small solo mode that does the job. So you can get it now.

are the ps3 ones any good?
finishing off every game I want to play on mine and they're a possibility

I remember playing this I had a hot purple volkswagen (?) bug that I upgraded until eventually it went super fucking fast.

good times and great memories.

Thanks user

Attached: 1554635540755.jpg (1366x768, 222K)

>And they market it like that, so it's OK.
I wouldn't mind that, but the ad campaign straight up shat on the audience that was raised on the actual games.

>Is it worth 20-30 euros?
Sure. It drives great and it has the best photo mode in any racing game, bar none.
It's a good driving game, but a bad Gran Turismo.

They're both just "Fine". GT5 isn't worth playing anymore due to the online capabilities being shut down and GT6 being a straight up upgrade over it. If you get the chance, play GT5 Prologue. It doesn't have a lot of content, but what is there is top notch. The very definition of Quality > Quantity.

Thats not ridge racer.
rage racer remaster with nulogic nutone s.p.y and makoto doing the soundtrack when?

yeah, they're alright. special events are neat, gt5's drive around italy or gt6's goodwood. plus gt6 has all of the music, it's like a love letter to car culture in general

youtube.com/watch?v=2YdPNY7TihQ

>that Forza/GTcuck that thinks anything on console is a racing sim

I guess Ace Combat is a flight simulator too kek.

Attached: 1467006897951.jpg (400x386, 25K)

Ace Combat is an arcade flight combat game, retard. I didn't say GT2 was a racing sim. I said GT2 was a racing game and a damn good one.

This game plays like casual shit today but 9 year old me couldn't tell the difference. Game was perfect for young'ns like me back in the day.
I actually bought a car that was in this game. Thats how much I liked it

Last GT game I bought was 5. Is 6 and Sport worth playing?

I used to like GT5 on ps3 in like 2011 or 2012 or something, I bought GT Sport and got bored of it quick. Is it just me or is something weird about this game that makes it not as good as the older ones? Should i get GT6 on ps3 or just play sport

A shame it was rushed to meet the Christmas deadline. It could have been so much better.

100 more cars including Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche and McLaren
Cote d'Azur and Indy 500
Dynamic time
Drag races
Fixed lightning

>Thats not ridge racer.
Only a shadow of its former self nowadays, last game was a mobile game for crying out loud, Bandai Namco has lost all willingness to actually put effort into a mainline release; at least with Gran Turismo Sport being mixed it still shows Sony is full on board with keeping it as a console-worthy release.

>I wouldn't mind that, but the ad campaign straight up shat on the audience that was raised on the actual games.
Exactly, that's why I bought it only a week ago and not day 1, PD didn't deserve my money. Maybe if next GT is a real GT I will buy it day 1.

>Is it just me or is something weird about this game that makes it not as good as the older ones?
It's an online only game that panders to an e-sport crowd. It isn't as good as the older ones in any way but pure gameplay.

>Dynamic time
Would this have been possible back then? Especially with so much content. Also, it's funny that you mention McLaren, since the US cover art has the dash of one. Always liked that piece of trivia.

>Is it just me or is something weird about this game that makes it not as good as the older ones?
Apart from the fact it was clearly made to force online play and e-sports? There's no worthy single-player content, they tried to rush something with updates but it still isn't Gran Turismo worthy.

>I actually bought a car that was in this game
not much of achivement, this game had everything. my first car was a terrible french shitbox and it was still available in gt2/4/5/6

And don't forget they cucked us out of the most technical original track, Super Special Stage Route 11 because they didn't have time to debug.

I never played gran turismo growing up only this

Attached: images.jpg (259x266, 24K)

GT4 > GT6 > GT3 > GT5 > GT2 > GT Sport > GT1

MOVE OUTSIDE AND LET THE MANGO THROUGH
LET THE MANGO THROUGH

>GT6 > GT3 > GT5 > GT2
That's backwards mate.

Wow, that's truly awful taste.

GT2 > GT1 > GT4 > GT5P > GT3 > GT6 > GT5 > GT Sport

>original track
Those were useless. I'm glad they get rid of original tracks.

Nevermind, I thought was the worst taste in this thread, but you somehow beat them.
Congratulations.

Why would you prefer GT2 over GT6?
Less content, worse physics, literally only 6 music tracks, 30 FPS lock.
Are you genuinely fucking retarded?

Because it's more fun. And less content only because it wasn't as padded as your 1000+ cars in GT6.
How many of those were upscaled PS2 models, by the way?

Sorry, I'm only in real tracks, and F1 tracks especially.

>How many of those were upscaled PS2 models, by the way?
200 premium models, and 800 standard (upscaled PS2 models).

Even when you take out the PS2 models it still has a shitload of cars.
There's 1241 cars is in GT6.
Out of that 168 are brand new to the series and "Premium" quality models and 642 are upscaled PS2 models.
The rest are Premium for a total of 599.
So yeah slightly over half the roster is upscaled GT4 models but.

Why are you lying you cancerous dickwad?

>that faggot that is quick to enter a thread to shitpost about games he implies he isn't interested in yet can't stop letting everyone know that he isn't interested in them with a picture of a fucking cartoon frog

Wait, I'm not getting all this. So the premium cars in GT6 is 700+? That doesn't sound right.

I still listen to the ost sometimes.

Attached: 1527840009546.jpg (679x679, 132K)

>Why are you lying you cancerous dickwad?
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/941103-gran-turismo-5/57125251
But don't get me wrong, I love GT5.

GT2 nostalgianiggers need to get gassed.
6 (>>>SIX

Unironically true.

Why are you so mad? It's a good game.

No, learn to count.
1241 cars in total.
599 Premium
642 Upscaled.
599 + 642 =1241

Out of the 1241 total, 168 are brand new cars to the series (all fall into the Premium category).

But I'm talking about GT6 you mongrel.

BEND ME BREAK ME ANYWAY YOU NEED ME

>because it wasn't as padded as your 1000+ cars in GT6.
There's 620 cars in GT2.
387 of them are variants (for example there's 3 Acuras NSX, 3 Camaros Z28, 25 Subaru Imprezas etc.

Well, the McLaren model that was going to be in the game was the F1 from the japanese Super GT

Oh, you separated the new cars and the premium in a way that made it seem like it was 599 + the 168 new cars.
I don't remember there being that many premium cars in the game, though. How did we go from 200 premium cars to 599? I don't remember that many cars getting a touch up between the two games.

youtube.com/watch?v=OVOSnCrR4IA
and it had the best opening of all time, sad how western games are garbage politics shit now.

Source if you don't believe me:
gtplanet.net/forum/attachments/gt6-car-list-ver-2-1-a-z-pdf.108109/

They simply redid a lot of them, also many of the cars that were Standard got turned into Premium in patches.
GT6 had like 30GB of patches.

>how western games are garbage politics shit now.
Gran Turismo is japanese, man.

racing games are completely dead though so it doesnt matter.
youtu.be/eV6K6rSGPAk

Huh, I must've not noticed.
Well, I still like GT2 more. I don't know what it is, but I just have more fun playing it. I played GT6 during its active years, a lot. Hundreds upon hundreds of hours, but I think that might be why I don't replay it. With GT1-4, I feel like I can beat those games over and over. With 5 and 6, I can't really experience them the same way again.

I think you're just fatigued.
I try to judge the games objectively and I honestly feel like the series before 4 is just museum material at this point.
Everything from 2 is in 4 and 6 and everything 2 did, 4 and 6 do better.
3 is basically GT Sport of the PS2 era (less than 200 cars, only like 20 tracks, even less music tracks) and glorified prototype for GT4.
GT5 was a step down from 4 mostly because 4 simply set up such a massive fucking barrier to overcome, but 6 fixed pretty much everything wrong with 5.
The only downside of 6 is that it removed endurance races from the career mode (you can still set up custom ones though).
6 has the most of literally everything in the series, cars, music, tracks, it even has a track creator.

Eh, the physics in 4 weren't very good. Enthusia was blowing it out of the water despite it being a first-time attempt. Might be right about 6, though.
GT2 is just the game that gives me what I want. It has a car roster that doesn't really have much I don't care about. It has a set of courses where there isn't a single one I dislike (Compared to 4 and 6 which had a few I straight up hated). It might not be objectively the best one, but it just does what I want it to. Like I said, I played a lot of 5 and 6, and this doesn't mean I don't love them, but they're just not 2 for me.

>The only downside of 6 is that it removed endurance races from the career mode
That was fucking sabotage. I still don't understand why they did that.

Because according to the devs and internal surveys they did with players across JP, EU and US, less than 1% bothered with endurance races in career.
I still have fond memories of me and my brother taking turns doing endurance races in GT3 while we were at our summer village house in early 00s with no internet or anything on a shitty ass no-name CRT.

>Eh, the physics in 4 weren't very good.
Can you tell me more about this? Is it Auto Modelista's level bad?

Complaining about GT4 physics while praising GT2 is extreme levels of hypocrisy.

Nah, he's just complaining that GT isn't a real simulator (it never has been).

>less than 1% bothered with endurance races in career.
Yes, but those who bother, bother. I was really disappointed by endurance of GT6.

>I still have fond memories of me and my brother taking turns doing endurance races in GT3 while we were at our summer village house in early 00s with no internet or anything on a shitty ass no-name CRT.
We did the 4 hours endurance in Tsukuba with a friend and it was awesome. We lost.

No, no. By all means it was a competent game, nowhere NEAR the levels of terrible US Auto Modelista. It just had a severe understeering problem among other things.
youtube.com/watch?v=mjan7JeBtWo

I'm not praising GT2's physics, you retard, I'm saying GT4s weren't that good. GT2 is arcadey fun and I dig it. Besides, Enthusia is more of an arcade racer than a "real simulator".

You can fix the understeer if you tweak the cars manually in the autistic tuning options.

Man, I gotta do that for all the cars, don't I? GT's bad about that. Like how you have to manually turn off TCS for every car instead of the game giving you the option to turn it off by default (if it does, I haven't found it).

You can turn it off globally in options, same with driving line etc.

Oh shit? I need to do that, then. It's the only thing that makes the few times I pick up GT Sport a chore.

>GT Sport
Ha ha ha ha
You're fucked

>used to play gran turismo 2 with a group of bros ever day
>the cd was scratched, so we could not use nissan, honda, toyota, or subaru

Challenge mode GT2 was fucking awesome.

Hey, I hate what the game stands for and how it's a big fuck you to old fans, but that VR mode is comfy.

Damn, so you had to gold licenses to even stand a chance, huh? Are there any cars you can even buy with the starting 10k that aren't Japanese?

This Enthusia game looks great, why did I never hear about it?
youtube.com/watch?v=XGX7AoIFOUk
It looks like GT3 but with non-shit engine sounds.

>Damn, so you had to gold licenses to even stand a chance, huh?

nah, we didn't autistically get licenses. You can complete the entire game in this state. You just learn about other cars, for instance the Opel Calibra, the Camaro, etc

oh, also, we tuned the FUCK out of our cars. With the camaro in particular we would set the gears up for every single race.

I found my favorite two GT cars because of this- Opel Calibra (race car version), Lancia Delta Integrale HF which is the most fun car to drive in these games IMO

>Why did I never hear about it?
It was a racing game with no name recognition or strong first-party backing released in the mid 00s alongside GT, NFS, Burnout, Forza, PGR, etc. It never stood a chance. I highly recommend it, though. The game doesn't play like other racing games in terms of single-player modes and career structure. Instead of earning money for cars, for instance, you win one of the cars you race against after winning the race, in a weird roulette thing. You climb up the ranks, driving faster cars and harder races as usual otherwise.
It's a shame that video doesn't show off the kick-ass soundtrack as much. Dunno why he has the music turned so low.

youtube.com/watch?v=kLMCrMLUwBM
youtube.com/watch?v=_TeElrAOP0c
youtube.com/watch?v=aN3iN9JK_Qg

IT'S TIME, BITCHES

Attached: Escudo.png (996x742, 1.08M)

Unironically looking forward to the day when I can emulate GT5/6 on RPCS3.
At least GT4 works flawlessly on PCSX2.

Seems it was also made by Konami, the company that is allergic to money.

Attached: gsdx_20190429012235.png (3840x2160, 1.88M)

99 RED BALLOONS GO BY

Sucks you can't repaint cars in GT4 after buying them though, I wish I could paint this white for maximum GAS GAS GAS.

Attached: gsdx_20190429012718.png (3840x2160, 1.61M)

Ha. You should've just waited.
I like it better in red, desu.

Attached: Meme Tofu Car.png (999x711, 214K)

Red reminds me too much of my grandfather's old ass shitty Fiat Tipo in that same exact color.

>>At least GT4 works flawlessly on PCSX2.

>download gt4 iso
>crashes at every single license test
I really hope my iso is corrupted or something

Are you using DX9 renderer or some other dumb shit?

Me too
youtube.com/watch?v=xLyL-NBjVNE
Fucking perfect

Whole emulator crashed both on DX11 and OGL. Disabling Large Framebuffer fixed the issue.

I want another Midnight Club game.

>tfw sims ruined GT for you

can't go back to babby physics

Attached: csgo of worry.jpg (431x479, 29K)

Sims are too autistic for me and arcade is too boring.
I genuinely prefer Simcade like Gran Turismo the most.

How's Project Cars? Is it more sim or simcade? Does it have a good career mode to scratch that Gran Turismo-ish itch after GT Sport shat on the series?

I never used Large Framebuffer and I don't even know what the fuck is it for.

pcars 1 is shit

pcars 2 is pretty good but leans toward sim, it's not an orgy of vehicles like an old GT game.

your best bet is to get a nice wheel and become a sim autist already because it really is the way.

>your best bet is to get a nice wheel and become a sim autist already because it really is the way
No thanks, are there any options in PCars 2 to make it more simcade?

I still remember using a rubberband and a rock to autopilot an endurance race in Super Speedway.

maybe someday you'll do a full circle and be able to enjoy anything. i mean, at least that's how it went for me
>gt is fun
>started playing various sims
>stopped caring about anything that doesn't handle like rfactor or assetto or whatever i've played the most at the moment
>played some more, transcended petty handling to fully enjoy the racing itself
>can play anything at this point, played forza horizon recently, it was alright even though singleplayer career sucks balls and gives you everything at the instant you start the game, there is no point in having a nice or tuned car in this game and getting 99% of cars require zero effort. forza could use some gran turismo-ing

i might be wrong, but it's most likely a phase

I guess that's true but to me you only get good racing in a sim environment where people are trying to actually race properly, which is what GT sport was trying to foster.