What do you think about stereotypes in videogames?

Attached: guacamelee stereotype.jpg (921x481, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O655XWeNZYg
youtube.com/watch?v=4um6_cNpb6M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stereotypes = Good

Stereotypes about black people or Jews = Bad

Attached: Pc_principal_tfbw.png (274x345, 127K)

I don't see anything wrong with stereotypes in games.

wasn't Guacamelee made by a mexican dev?

>stereotypes are good if it's made by my Californian cabal of friends

The only race that doesn't like stereotypes are niggers. Hispanics love it - from Mucha Lucha to Speedy Gonzales. Whites don't care. Gooks don't care. It's just niggers and white people who get offended on their behalf. In fact I'm willing to bet 100 that most of the people who bitch about that shit are white people

This. If it was made by a white guy they'd be accused of cultural appropriation.

And let's not forget the white people who bitch about Mexican and other cultural stereotyping on their behalf too.

they don't like speedy gonzales afaik

>Comfy
>Oof
>Yikes
>cope
>kino
>Based
>Cringe
>Have Sex
>soul vs. soulless
>boomer/zoomer/incel/shill/tranny
>resetera/reddit/discord
>AHEM! *ding ding ding!* Fuck jannies, trannies and niggers
>What do you think about *insert political opinion here* in video games?
>It's almost as if
>Redpill me on X
>We are the X games in X franchise
>The absolute state of X
>Imagine X
>Play X
>X is X
>Janny are you okay?
>*CRUNCH CRUNCH* opinion *burp*
>What does Yea Forums think of X?
>Did you buy her game, X?
>*Shitty thing about game* What's her name Yea Forums?
>OH NO NO NO
>Xfags seething
>Xfags on suicide watch
>What went wrong?
>What went so right?
>What do we think about X?
>What's the Yea Forumserdict on X?
>Thoughts?
>Now that the dust has settled
>X gets on the server
>Here's your X, bro
>He's in
>Roll a 7
>What is the video game version of X
>*Smacks lips*
>Cunny thread
>cute and funny
>MYSTERY NIGGAS
>I love X!
>Let's write a letter to X, one word for each post
>Is he right Yea Forums?
>CLEAN IT UP JANNIES
>What did he mean by this?
>Thoughts?
>Gachashit thread
>Apologize to him Yea Forums
>How is that game coming along Yea Forums?
>Explain yourselves
>Well? Who was in the wrong here?
>Defend this
>What's his name again?
>What the fuck was his problem?
>Coworkers start talking about video games
>Refute this
>Prove him wrong
>Perfect X doesn't exi-
>Protip: you can't
>Why does this trigger Yea Forums so much?
>Yea Forums BTFO
>Would you?
>Is he "our" guy?
>Stop X
>FRIIIDAY NIIIGHT
>20XX... I am forgotten
>X days until E3
>He did nothing wrong!
>He/She killed millions
>Will you buy his game?
>Buy his game
>IT WAS HER TURN
>What do they eat?
>Convince me to NOT buy this game
>Find a flaw
>It's up
>Can we all agree on this?
>How did we go from this...to THIS?
>JUST
>*blocks your path*
>Hold me Yea Forumsros
>How do we fix this?
>X are for ______
>me on the X
>best ass/tits/feet in vidya thread
>20XX...I am...forgotten...
>Video game quote thread
>brb X last online 569 days ago
>X...home
>The last character you played as...
>.

Attached: 1463833838902.jpg (820x720, 52K)

Didn't people bitch at one point about Guacamelee using Mexican stereotypes as a crutch?

>dudes mexicans are lucha libre taco eating mariachi that like fiesta and abuela and days of the mueta at the bodega
>unique

*smacks lips*
Now that the dust has settled, what did he mean by this?

>CHI
>mexican culture
wew

Now hol up

Thoughts?

They (we) do, it's a cultural icon. There was a movement that happened after whities cried raycist to bring him back but it when nowhere. A lot of people favorite character is Slowpoke Rodriguez. You can google "Hispanics/Mexicans love speedy gonzales" and a whole bunch of bullshit will pop up. Here's something unrelated but relevant

>Quite similar to Speedy Gonzales is the Frito Bandito, a character Frito-Lay used from 1967 to 1971 to advertise their Frito chips. Being a creation from a U.S. ad agency of the 1960s, he was just as stereotypical as Gonzales, down to sharing the same voice actor. Reactions from Mexican-Americans were mixed: while anti-defamation groups succesfully lobbied for the retirement of Bandito, surveys in four cities in California and Texas conducted by the ad agency who created Bandito claimed that 85% of Mexican Americans liked him. Frito-Lay reportedly received a letter from a Los Angeles junior high school with a predominately Mexican student body saying "If you take away the Bandito, we'll stop buying Fritos." In Mexico itself, the character was actually very popular.

they do that

>uniquely

>y.y.you can only talk about nearly 95 different things!
what a self defeating shitpost

I don't see anything wrong with stereotypes.

MUCHA LUCHA
MUCHA LUCHA
IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

> Whites don't care
Riiight.

Attached: whitebutthurt.jpg (329x473, 29K)

youtube.com/watch?v=O655XWeNZYg

>Whites don't care.
That's gonna be a big lol from me senpai.

Attached: autism.gif (498x280, 1.23M)

>most hurtful stereotype you can up with huh le whites don't like spicy things

Attached: 1530174895483.jpg (413x395, 17K)

Beat me to it, and im white.

The point was that it's all cyclical and formulaic

you spam that shit yelling "OMG YOU MAD" like 5 time a day now. On two boards. But nobody really took that bait, you just spam alone, get deleted, come back.

>Stereotypes made by brown people = Good
>Stereotypes made by white people = Evil racism

This isn't even a stereotype. Most white people I know are fine with spicy shit.

>bro in quotes
Imagine being such a scumbag that you'd call somebody a bro and not actually mean it.

>no mariachi grito contest
do you even try, videogames?

Stereotypes that make a culture seem inviting should be praised. Nobody would like Brazil if they weren't stereotyped a partiers with fine asses.

all stereotypes are good because it helps us identify who ais funny, has good food, or will probably shoot us in an alleyway and steal my shoes.

the sauce thing is pretty racist against non white, technically, assuming that not being white means you like cheap hot sauce and tasteless meals at like, genetic levels.

The game was developed by Canadians.

I want more Mariachis

Attached: 5129b40bb5cbdc74be01f369d9a998f1-dcnvqwv.jpg (684x1024, 520K)

I don't see how the joke existing proves that the subject of the joke gives a fuck about it.

Sorry guys but the 10 white people who get angry that you say they can't handle spicy things isn't shit, especially when compared to blacks who will absolutely chimpout in a visceral way as if you called their mother's a whore and slashed their car tires if you so much as reference a stereotype of them

It’s true and spicy shit is fucking awful anyway

Same. I want more QT ones, everyone here are middle-aged fat men/women which is fine but it gets old after a while

The only reason it gets spammed in the first place is because a good portion of Yea Forums never fails to flood those threads with (You)'s in their eternal butthurt
>t. whitest faggot you can imagine

It doesn't even make sense; Europe conquered much of the world in search of spices.

Only white women don't like spicy food.

youtube.com/watch?v=4um6_cNpb6M

Thanks, now I don't have to browse Yea Forums today

I want more kickass blaxplotation. That shit is fucking funny and miles better than "le sassy black women with an afro"

Attached: DYNAMITE DYNAMITE.gif (500x281, 921K)

Bet you are obese as fuck lol

>threads get at best 50 replies before getting deleted
Seems like a low yield bait

I didn't even say anything about spicy shit. But the guy posting the spicy thing getting like ten (You)s in ten minutes speaks pretty loudly, imo.

The problem is that the joke doesn't really exist.

Who gives a damn? Fucking journos.

based

Really depends.
I think Mexicans are glad with anything, as long as they are presented in the game.
Then you have the case of Russians. That stereotype of a big shaved bear is outdated. Taking it and turning it into a female just doesn't work. Looking at you Blizzard.
Also Japanese people should be portrayed as depraved perverts. They worked really hard for this.

Japanese aren't much more depraved than any other culture, they just go differently about showing it due to different cultural norms

>Whites don't care
except when it comes being white trash and

>Stereotypes done by commies = good

>Stereotypes done by anyone else = bad

Double standards and hypocrisy is common in leftists. This is not new.

You won't get a shonen licence, if you don't feature a pervert.
Different cultural norms? More like, so unfunny only Japs get it.

Attached: Japanese Humour.jpg (515x2066, 789K)

>meanwhile, burgers just sexualize real kids for commercials

It's because the joke was made by American blacks who are projecting because all they eat is bland mac n cheese and KFC.

Never saw a mexican pissed off at things like that. But do they get pissed when they are portrayed as cartels and gangbangers?

What's wrong with the argument of culture? Seems to me like that's exactly what shapes people. Look at this board's culture. People act like retards for reactions, but everyone is in on the joke. Until you get some other retard who is being serious.

stereotype is just another liberal buzzword.
is a viking a racist stereotype of a german or swede? is a knight a racist steriotype of a the British or Frensh? a samurai or ninja raicst to the japanese?
of course not but the moment you have brown people portray their culture it´s "racist"
i liked guacamelees look. stuff like this is the only diversity I like. I want to see diffrent cultures or at least made up things which are based by other cultures. what I don´t want is a black guy running around in a space suit who is supposed to represent the average british person.

The only Mexicans being pissed off at clichés are the ones who made it their job to get pissed off at these things. Diversity officers were a mistake.