Is there a reason to buy ps4 if you have a good pc?

I have a good laptop that plays current games like dmc5 and mk11 pretty well on almost max settings and i also have a switch cause i love handhelds, is there a reason to buy a ps4/ps5? From what i understand, people don't buy those just for exclusives. Switch is basically a first console i played on tv since chinese knockoff nes and i prefer playing it in handheld mode

Attached: images (1).jpg (297x170, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2019/04/28/bloodstained-team-explains-pax-east-switch-version-issues-as-overheating/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Exclusives would be the only possible reason

Most people i know play everything on ps4, which i understand if they have no money or use for a new pc. I stopped paying attention to ps exclusives since ps3, there's only couple of stuff like mgs4 and last guardian.

I guess a lack of cross-platform play for online multiplayer would be another reason

No, even the exclusive excuse applies to fewer and fewer people. Unless you really like the few ps4 that are actually good a good gaming pc and switch is all you need

>switch
Or you could just not waste that money and spend it on a PC instead and emulate everything, even switch games through Yuzu. There's also PS Now for playstation games, it's possible they'll expand it to stream PS5 titles as well.

Still (im op btw), kinda prefer playing handhelds all the way through, i guess what you are used to playing the most also matters, some are probably more into playing on tv lying on their couch or playing on the desk, or just chilling with a handheld. I like both pc and handhelds, but still sometimes sitting on a pc all day is too much, most of my day even at work is based around staring at the screen

I own a PS4 and a High end PC.

I use it as a way for Exclusives and Multiplayer with some friends

Exclusives and some games have better multiplayer community on PS4. That's really it.

These
Good exclusives plus some multiplayer games are just DOA on PC (like all fighting games)

>is there a reason to buy a ps4/ps5? From what i understand, people don't buy those just for exclusives
It's to prevent the endless wheel of competing against imaginary people over PC specs. That and to actually play games when they are still relevant.

I was in a similar situation when my pc sucked and i wanted a ps4 instead and i barely finished anything on that thing, latee bought a new pc and playing lots of monster hunter world. Not sure if i should get the switch, it's kinda too large and library of games reminds me too much of vita except some nintendo stuff here and there which i kinda had enough of.

Definitely wait before you buy a Switch ,there's probably a "lite" model coming soon, and even then I feel like the hardware is just too limiting:
siliconera.com/2019/04/28/bloodstained-team-explains-pax-east-switch-version-issues-as-overheating/

I bought PS4 for Yakuza 0, now it's on PC.
The only use I have for my PS4 is Bloodborne and Miku.

Bloodborne is also on psnow, but i don't really care for souls games so i don't know how well that goes.

Get a vita and into softmodding I say if you value portability and want a diverse library. Already had one and bought a PS4 over Switch because the remote play. Switch's controls are honestly fisher price tier shit and lack of dedicated d-pad is simply inexcusable,

PS4 is worth it but you're late to the party. Wait for the PS5 to come out and price to drop significantly or get a PS5 if the retro compatibility rumors are true. No point jumping in now.

I have a vita (im the op), as i said i'm a handheld guy and i had since the start and was very disappointed. Right now i use it for some indies and psp games, i hacked it not so long ago. Remote play on that thing is crap though, mate, i tried it both at friend's ps4 and my sister's husband's one and the slowdowns were horrible. Also looks very bleak on vita's screen. Controls are also very random and you probably need that hori grip thing

Depends on how much you want to play Bloodborne.

PS4 for exclusives and if you want to own physical copies.
PC if you are into the all digital jew.

Fighting games are dead on every platform.
>Play Tekken 7 on my cousin's PS4
>Takes literally almost 10 minutes to find a match

Online matches in fighting games are a meme anyway. What's even the point if you can't trash talk your opponent until his sight gets so blurry from his tears of anger that he can't play anymore?

>That and to actually play games when they are still relevant.
I can't even think of 5 non-exclusives in the last 2 years that launched on PS4 but not on PC aside from RDR 2 and KH3.

Bloodborne.

He's talking avout relevancy, mh world and tekken 7 were also first released on consoles, same with nier automoata and lots of other games, pc gets stuff released either earlier or later lots of times.

I streamed bloodborne just fine

Tekken 7 released at the same time on PC and consoles actually, it's arcades where it was out before both consoles and PC.
And Nier Automata was only a week after the PS4 version.
Sorry m8, but aside from MH World, RDR 2, and KH3, that just does not happen anymore.

I was actually pretty close to buying one, but it's pretty much dead and after 6 years has less than 10 exclusives worth playing that aren't just literal rehashes of games from a gen or 2 ago, so I see no reason to buy one.