HOLY SHIT This game sucks, there is soo much padding and artifical difficulty in maxing out social links...

HOLY SHIT This game sucks, there is soo much padding and artifical difficulty in maxing out social links, not to mention the characters are dogshit

Attached: 51dNlDp1JPL._AC_SX215_.jpg (215x304, 18K)

Your mom is dogshit.

P5 babbies, everyone

Its unironically the best in the series. Fuck off

The movies rock. Don't play the game it really is dogshit, not even the controllable party members made the dungeon any fun.

Attached: midsummer wet dream.jpg (672x338, 107K)

This but unironically

Attached: 1495987728758.jpg (1890x1640, 968K)

Persona 3 has the best cast out of any of these games, if that's not good enough for you then quit.

t. P5baby

That’s persona 2 you stupid swine

I really don't understand how Persona became so popular. It's just an easy, grindy version Pokemon with randomized levels and funny music? It doesn't have good gameplay.

everything before P3 is boomer garbage

what are the Sauskes supposed to imply?

Repetitive padding and going back and forth to the same areas constantly is a trope of Persona series.

That's why we Shin Megami Tensei fans shit on persona babies in hopes they play some good games.

Attached: DwjLJ0RUUAAfLwi.jpg (1188x890, 126K)

Funny, I just started playing this again (in PCSX2). Dont really remember anything. Any good tips when playing?

Oh my fucking good discussion about persona went to shit the moment 3 came out and the 4 made it worse but now that 5 exist it is the worst

I wonder what will happen when persona 6 comes out

fpbp

I'd agree if the gameplay was better

4 > 3
havent played 5

>Try persona 3 hard mode
>Summoning dem- personas take a shit ton of money, making experimentation with fusion a hidrance
Should i even bother? playing on normal seems like "the wrong" way to play it but hard mode seems more bullshit than actually "hard"

>implying you were here before 3 came out
>implying anyone here cared about Persona before 3

P5babs opinions don't matter

1 > EP > 3 > IS > 5 > 4

Daily reminder

Try to always use after school time to raise social links, and always have a persona of the corresponding arcana when you do (although you can get away with not having it a few times in the beginning).

At night, prioritize raising social stats in the arcade, it's the most efficient. Always study unless you're tired/sick, and don't sleep in class.

Go to Tartarus as little as you feel comfortable doing. Sneaking past most enemies helps you climb further before you get tired so you don't have to come back every night.

Edgy

>I wonder what will happen when persona 6 comes out

It becomes the only objectively 10/10 game in the series that everyone agrees on please?

At least now that Hackshino is gone it has a chance of having good characters and story.

Playing on hard for non-NG+ is a tedious, awful experience that I would not recommend to anyone.

Attached: yukari glance.jpg (600x600, 168K)

>persona
>grindy
i love that this is how easily you can tell someone has either never played persona or has and was somehow so completely fucking awful at it that they needed to grind in a game that almost goes out of its way to prevent you from grinding

I agree. Tartarus is half of the game and it's boring as fuck.

Attached: Tartarus.jpg (640x448, 34K)

>artifical difficulty in maxing out social links
This was the game I had the easiest time maxing social links in, lmao

Yet it is somehow more kino than any dungeon in P4 and P5.

>Persona
>not grindy
Oh yeah, I LOVE to spend time on random generated corridors with the exact same textures for 20~30 floors! I also LOVE to do pointless bullshit alone that I need to repeat 320493210921039200 times to increase my status only to see 5 lines of pointless dialogue on a social link! user please, Persona is a grindy game and there's no changing it. You may like the grind, but that doesn't mean the game itself isn't grindy.

P5 has the best dungeons because they're actual dungeons and not just corridors connected with staircases. P4's are better than P3's because they're visually interesting and a lot shorter so they're less boring. P3's are a snorefest.

I always knew Yea Forums had a softspot for emo edgy shit

>P4's are better than P3's because they're visually interesting and a lot shorter
Literally both of these are inarguably wrong. Tartarus has an evolving visual theme that paces with the game, and the blocks are the same length as 4's dungeons.

Well that's too bad OP.
I'm also playing it right now and enjoying it. I like the theme about Personas, I can relate to Minato and Orpheus a lot

Attached: Orpheus.jpg (250x410, 15K)

>look up this game to download and burn onto a DVD
>gorillion different versions with replaced ingame music, on top of undub

I get the latter, but why would you go out of your way to change the original music?

Does Tartarus become a castle, an 8-bit dungeon, a sauna with gay undertones, a strip club, and heaven?

P5 was an improvement over P3 and P4, but not by much. If they had made a bunch of side objectives and made the day of the heist more than just teleporting to the boss room it could have been so much better.

Use a fusion calculator

Fusion is Persona's weakest mechanic. Money is not really a problem if you are good at running through floors solo grabbing money drops.

I love Fuuka!

I play P3 yearly because of her!

Attached: Fuuka Playstation.jpg (481x700, 207K)

smt beteer than persna yeah

Pokemon is an easy version of Pokemon

It's not grindy because there's no grinding. The dungeon crawling in 3 and 4 is dull, but that and being grindy are two different things, the game has a perfectly fine progression and never requires you to grind. I don't even know what you're talking about with S. Links, the closest thing to a grind is that you have to go through the generic S. Link to work towards the Rank Up sometimes, but that's pretty easily avoidable and even when you must do it it rarely takes more than two interactions to get to the next Rank Up and those two interactions are extremely short.

OP comes across as a p4 baby upset the characters aren't sucking his dick the entire game because he's a lonely weeb and needs the attention.

>Tartarus 2 is better than Tartarus because it has skins
Lmaoing

setting, characters, and music are great
story and gameplay are shit

SMT's teleport mazes and SMT1's encounter rates are far worse examples of repetitive padding than anything in Persona, even in P3 which is the worst for that kind of thing.

>I really don't understand how Persona became so popular.
It didn't until 5, and 5 hit the lottery of having a unique visual style, coming out in the middle of the PS4's lifespan instead of being PS2 games released when the PS3 was already in stores, and pretty much every other established turn-based RPG series shooting themselves in the balls while P5 stuck with what worked.

>P5 has the best dungeons because they're actual dungeons and not just corridors connected with staircases
wrong

It has been an entry-level JRPG for over a decade now, it's more popular now but it hasn't just gotten popular. They didn't take the SMT title off of P4G's Western release and make loads of spinoffs of 3 and 4 because of how unpopular they were.

>It's just an easy, grindy version Pokemon
Where are the S. Links, fusion and Calendar systems in Pokemon?

user, Atlus has always been a company that's targeted specific niche demographics and milked them with spinoffs, re-releases and merch out the ass. They've done this for decades, before Persona was even a thing. That doesn't mean they were actually popular with anyone beyond the targeted weeb niche.

What happens if I just play the game?

>P3 is good and “hardcore” now
What a timeline

Asking as someone who got into Persona with 4G two years back and hasn't played 3 FES or 5 yet.
>Is FES the definitive way of playing 3? I shelled out fucking £75 for the game cause it's a PS2 Atlus game in the UK, so I'm hoping I didn't blow cash for nothing.
>Which one's better to play first? The only things I know about P3 that differ from 4 are breakable SLs A guide should take care of that though, did it for 4 as well and uncontrollable party members, but is there anything else that'll possibly fuck my muscle memory up? I'm generally pretty good at adapting to previous entries of a series if it's one I'm already familiar with, but is P3 easy enough to adapt to as a guy who's only played 4G, or should I just jump to 5?

Attached: Chie and Aigis.png (800x600, 165K)

They didn't do it to that degree before or after P3, and if you went anywhere online and asked for a recommendation for a JRPG before P5 you would be almost guaranteed to be told about P3 and 4. I'm not saying they're the most popular games ever or anything, but they are and were entry-level JRPGs that were played by almost anyone who cared to delve into the genre even just a little, only difference with P5 is that it caught the interest of people not interested in the genre as well.

>Boot up P3FES on my ps2 because I'm feeling nostalgic.
>All those shitty personas with mixed attack sets.
>Spend fucking hours an all of my money fixing personas and giving them better skills like Helel victory cry+spell master for half SP armageddon even though I'll probably not play this game again for another 10 years.
My fusion autism started off so weak. How did I become like this?

Attached: 1499062299832.png (426x329, 122K)

no kidding

You'll be fine with P3, it's not a hard game and it's not that different from 4.

>Is FES the definitive way of playing 3?
Yes, but you could've just bought it on PSN, you dork. Or emulated it like a normal person.

>Which one's better to play first?
3, because it's good instead of bad.

I prefer Tartarus to Mementos/Palaces and P4's dungeons.
I don't care much for dungeon crawling but I like battles a lot, so the less time between fights I have the better.

Play 3FES. Don't get 5 yet since 5 Royal is coming. Just wait for that version to play 5.

Persona 3 Fes is the best version with the most content.

Attached: 9196806.jpg (787x1106, 380K)

>you could've just bought it on PSN, you dork
I totally forgot about the PS3 store even having PS2 games at the time because so few interested me, so that's a brainfart on my behalf.
Thanks, guys! I'll hop to P3 sometime in the next couple days!

Attached: Happy Chie.png (104x128, 8K)

No, and neither do P4's dungeons. They become another series of randomly connected hallways and rooms that make no sense as a location with a tileset and bgm reminiscent of a castle, 8-bit dungeon, sauna, strip club, and heaven.

>the game has a perfectly fine progression and never requires you to grind.
Not to mention after battles you can often do a card minigame to get what you want (I usually go for EXP or Money cards and it's fucking easy to get).

As a P4 fags the only things i see with P2 is Hitler

>P3 fags actually defend tartarus
you can't possibly argue with these people, they're too far gone, they'll justify anything and everything as a masterpiece, I don't even know why I bother with these threads anymore

God having to exit and reenter just to ensure the correct spells passed on was such a fucking bitch. Glad the new ones let you just choose.

When are they going to bring this to the PS4?

It always was you fucking casual

Aigis and Yukari are best girls

Attached: 1531724197571.gif (256x256, 2.61M)

Yes, how DARE someone have their own opinion. Let's just enjoy the same bland shit as everyone else.

Fantastic taste

Attached: d307e8edfb73b7e5a8458b616297e2941e4482f0.jpg (670x900, 99K)

I knew there were fellow men of taste.

Attached: 1550071616467.jpg (1024x997, 67K)

>Or emulated it like a normal person.
Isn't the ps2 emulator shit though

Persona is a turn based fighting game. The entire gameplay revolves around comboing and not letting your opponent get a chance to attack. All out attacks are just a "charged meter super attack".

Attached: 1485585799473.png (625x837, 411K)

>bland shit
you mean like tartarus? it's the exact same pattern just bigger and with the exact same monotone soundtrack with slight pitch change + pallet swap every block for 250+ floors totaling 30-60 hours of just doing that, I'll never understand how anyone can view that as "kino", also great point by the way, "that's just like... your opinion man!" you sure showed me

That's so wierd, I replayed P3 FES on hard recently and, besides a rocky start, I had almost no troubles apart from the Tartarus bosses. No such money troubles that you seem to have had, maybe you just ain't playin good enough
I got my compendium to about 75 percent in the end

Attached: 1509657057045.jpg (768x1024, 75K)

God I fucking hate those dancing games

Attached: 1542933365901.png (488x737, 494K)

Me too but at least they supplied us with some good images/webms

Attached: cuteaigis.webm (1920x1080, 2.97M)

100% best taste.

Tartarus is the best because it doesn't massively fuck up and limit the story structure due to setting up a new dungeon each month. This problem was especially apparent in 5.

It's no Dolphin. but It's good. The one glitch I've noticed with FES is that when the character portraits that appear during conversations does their blinking animation, a thin black line appears on the screen, but that's it.

your problem is, you don't know what grinding means. what you're trying to say the gameplay is repetitive. you don't need to grind the levels to progress.
your problem is also that you're a 12 year fucking child, so shut the fuck up.

Go back to P4G you faggot

Attached: A978CCB3-EBAF-4F8E-B6C4-AFAB744ABB91.jpg (256x512, 147K)

I just finished it on PCSX2 a week ago, it was completely fine using the build and settings from the PCSX2 wiki.

Played it years ago and it was perfectly fine out of the box

Actually fucking stupid keep on saying that bet you never played the game

Attached: 6E575CFF-864E-44F8-89A4-6F078705AEA5.png (98x133, 19K)

>implying the subtle change of Tartarus' music and atmosphere isn't kino a fuck
>implying the change didn't provide an amazing thematic build up across the events of the story, eventually reaching the peak of the journey in an incredibly cathartic way
Not saying it can't be better, but it has a mystical quality P3 and 5 lack.

p3 is the worst game in the series. it's only praised by ironic weebs who had an emo phase in high school.

While I hate how overused mocap animation is in japanese games I appreciate them going through the trouble of making sure Aigis's arms move around the joints like that.

>t.never used party tactics

Attached: DB4E12FD-76BD-4DE8-A95B-EFE22D1C9FDF.jpg (683x1024, 76K)

>the subtle change of Tartarus' music and atmosphere isn't kino a fuck
That didn't save the music from getting unbearably grating. If I never hear the Tartarus music again, any version of it, it'll be too soon. It's a nice idea they had with changing the music, but you're still listening to what is essentially the same song for too much of the game.

>the change didn't provide an amazing thematic build up across the events of the story, eventually reaching the peak of the journey in an incredibly cathartic way
I don't think they succeeded in doing this, but you can see the attempt at it and I still respect that. I don't really like P3 and I think it fails in half of the things it attempts, but whether you like it or not, you have to give some credit to it for at least trying something novel, even if it didn't always work out, and Tartarus is one those things.

>it's only praised by ironic weebs who had an emo phase in high school.
Better than ironic weebs who w

user? user?

You know you can change the Tartarus music right?

>p3fes
>grind through tartarus
>floors randomly change so you can either find useful items, land on gold shadow floors, or get split up
>feels like a puzzle
>scenery also changes over time
>make it to a point where you cant go anymore
>gives you time to do activities or complete social links
>you are powerful enough to tackle moon boss

>p4
>grind through about 10 floors per dungeon to reach the top
>feels linear
>has bs gold chests that needs keys
>has shitty floating shadows with shitty hit detection
>beat someones "dungeon" p4
>becomes worthless for the rest of the game outside of quests and item forging

tl;dr
tartarus gets you ready to fight a strong foe and feels optional
dungeons outside of getting party members are worthless
maybe they fixed this in p4golden

holy shit, why are p3babbies so delusional about their shit game? even the kama dungeon from p1 and shido's palace are better than boring-ass tartarus.

Yes, but having to change the music to some other song that wasn't even made with Tartarus in mind doesn't undo how horrible it gets to listen to the default music, you also have to forego what they're trying to do with the progression of the music in changing it just because of how annoying it is to listen to otherwise. I did change the music occasionally when I played it, but that doesn't mean I'm happy with how they handled the music in Tartarus.

Most of the positive things you listed in p3fes are in p4, what's your point?

Man you're really trying your hardest to hate this game.

>SMT thread yesterday was comfy as hell
>Persona thread is full of in-fighting
Why is that so?

I don't even hate it, what are you talking about? It has plenty of issues that make it less enjoyable and that's one of them, not thinking it's perfect in every way doesn't mean I'm trying my hardest to hate it.

>artificial difficulty
way to out yourself shitter. try using less buzzwords next time you try to pretend that it's the game's fault that you're too shit to play it

P5babs are shitposting faggots

That SMT thread was an exception to the rule, on average they both have loads of in-fighting. Probably doesn't help that this thread opened with shitting on one of the games though.

heheheh I like you, user

Go to any SMT thread and mention Persona. They all lose their fucking minds.

Attached: 1514488495087.png (962x768, 657K)

That's actually a really good question that I've never even thought of.
SMT threads are always super chill, even when the DDS waifu spam begins people really dont give a shit and just talk about video games.
Persona threads are just constant fucking fighting and there are only 3 games anyone really gives a shit about. Why is that?
Maybe weebs are just more prone to autistic waifu debates.

Attached: 1504983164749.jpg (450x600, 22K)

Me encanta haru

Attached: 1556120792418m.jpg (1024x796, 78K)

I can't believe you're falling for a bait thread, retard.

mi tambien camarada

Que belleza por Dios!

>you're really trying your hardest to hate this game
>not thinking it's perfect in every way doesn't mean I'm trying my hardest to hate it
this little exchange perfectly sums up why P3 fags are insufferable, the other dude was even praising some other aspects just two post prior but I highly doubt the P3 fag'll have the self awareness to realize that

Recently decided to get into the series and started with 3. I agree it has its flaws but its still a charming game and I'm eager to finish it. Sad to see so many people hate it.

Attached: p3mbb.jpg (690x790, 79K)

Persona 3 babbies and their blind nostalgia lol

Obsessed

you're fucking delusional

Definitely carry on playing it. The final month in P3 is one of the highest points of the entire series

yes, the dull grind absolutely killed it for me

>feels optional when it isn't
How in the fuck is this a good thing?

Attached: Screenshot_20190425-225429(2).png (2325x984, 1.86M)

>tfw you enjoy all Persona games, and had a blast with all of them
I bet you guys also argue about which console is the best instead of enjoying them all.

Attached: 1321742930908.jpg (386x359, 21K)

>it has plenty of issues that make it less enjoyable and that's one of them
Tartarus is literally one of the best things about P3. Let me put it this way; The plot in 4 doesn't fucking work because it has characters locked away in a new dungeon every month, for P5 count the ungodly number of repetative cutscenes it gets for every castle.

Based Neutral chad.

Every persona game has hiccups but nothing that's so bad it ruins the entire game

Love ya user

That's an advantage to Tartarus, but I don't agree that it's better than the TV World or the Metaverse, because I actually enjoyed navigating the latter two to some degree where I got sick of Tartarus after a while but had to keep with it for the entire rest of the game. P4 and 5 can go too heavy on the cutscenes, but I feel that's less to blame on the dungeons and more to blame on the game's just having a bizarre commitment to overexplaining everything, considering it's something you see outside of the introduction of a new Palace as well and the introductions to a new Palace already feel like they could be cut down a little. The only things about Tartarus I'm particularly fond of are that it had the simplicity in layout to allow for the mechanic where you split up your party, which isn't a very useful mechanic, but it is cool and I think it does a much better job of individualizing your party than Tactics does, having a single, extremely large dungeon is a novel concept, it's better than the TV World in the regard that it has more open spaces where the TV World is mostly corridors and the moon cycle feels a lot more natural than P4's monthly victim saving and P5's monthly heart stealing. I prefer the TV World and the Metaverse in pretty much every way though.

>feels like a puzzle
P3 fags never cease to amaze me

Attached: 1536687418603.gif (320x240, 160K)

Innocent Sin's boring ass battles and dungeon crawling did me in. People who complain about Tartarus haven't seen the worst of it.

This thread started with a shitpost senpai

>I actually enjoyed navigating the latter two to some degree where I got sick of Tartarus after a while but had to keep with it for the entire rest of the game.
That's fair enough. I just think having a new dungeon/party member each month heavily limited the story in 4 or straight up broke the pacing in 5.

P5babbies need to be gassed

Attached: 1429504431322.png (397x408, 291K)

>P5 has the best dungeons because they're actual dungeons and not just corridors connected with staircase
That's literally what they are. People have such low standards after the 3/4 dungeons they pretend it's good. If 3/4 are a 2/10, the dungeons in 5 are 4/10. Not a big improvement

The current posters of Yea Forums were under 10 when P3 came out so it left a strong impression on them

hello yes I was actually 6 years old

Good thing to is the battles are a lot better than 4/5. Making a mistake leads to death unlike the others

Reminder that P5 is a new era of persona games so it shouldnt be associated with 3 and 4

It should be and is because it's mechanically similar to those two, has the same director, largely shares the same fanbase and it being part of the same era is made clear by ATLUS from the main characters of the three games appearing on the promotional art of Persona Super Live and the three casts being in PQ2.

>I haven't really played much outside of the PS2 era but I'm going to pretend I know what I'm talking about

So, just got to the point where I can get to Block 2. Why is everything super tough now and in huge groups?

Oh yes, because the nip fanbase is the majority of the persona fanabse , right?
Just look at the games and tell me they belong in the same era

They belong in the same era. They share a fanbase in the West as well, Persona was already a very popular JRPG before 5 even if it got more popular with 5. There's a reason why P4G was the first MegaTen after Nocturne released in the West that ATLUS USA considered popular enough to do away with the SMT title. P3-5 all fit together just fine and everything ATLUS does with the 3 just affirms it further, it's 1 and 2 that feel like they're from a different era.