Thoughts ?

Thoughts ?

Attached: image.jpg (480x360, 178K)

Mother 3 is objectionably the better game for the quality of life changes and the fact it ain't a total fetch quest throughout the whole campaign. Both are decent titles but the Mother series as a whole is over praised to hell, take note they don't even bother listing Mother 1 cause they know how much it sucked

Golden Sun is better than both

Get out of here fag if you aren't gonna actually add anything of value, Issac is never gonna be in

cringe

Fag

Mother 3 has better Characters
Earthbound has better visuals

Attached: 1518502197438.gif (500x438, 606K)

> Motherfags actually believe their overrated shit is better than GS
Your series didn't even sell 1 million combined, fuck off.

Wow I thought having objectively shit taste was just a meme

Classic Paper Mario > M&L > MOTHER > XB > GS >>>>>>>>Modern Paper Mario >> Pokemon

The fuck does this actually have to do with OP

Mother 3 is fine but the subversive humour of Mother 2 was completely gone.

Attached: 1518502956409.gif (256x224, 51K)

>take note they don't even bother listing Mother 1 cause they know how much it sucked
How... is that a bad thing? The fanbase judges the games accordingly and doesn't blindly praise the title which is clearly worse than the rest. If anything it gives more credibility to the other 2 games being praised.

Attached: 1409251524486.jpg (322x605, 43K)

This but unironically

Undertale is Mother but done right

They're both pretty good

Undertale and Mother don't have any relation.

Except... being the same game?

Partially agree. Mother 3 unfucked item management, actually made battle items useful and made it so all your party members were useful in unique ways. It also did a much better job at making stakes feel high and you giving a shit about the characters.

Mother 1 suffers a lot from the random encounters, makes me wish there was a remake with the sequels's mechanics. I also wish new party members already joined you with decent levels to make things more convenient.

Begone Matthew

I have no idea who that is, probably an e-celeb?

You know exactly who you are

I think that MOTHER 3 is slightly better in Earthbound in the sense of the story and characters, but that's pretty much it. I think MOTHER 3 suffers from a lack of stimulating backgrounds and psi effects like in Earthbound, if you were to compare which is better there would be no contest in that regard.
I also dislike MOTHER 3 a little in the sense that Lucas is still a silent protag, i know he expresses his emotions through some of his actions, but if we got to see him talk i feel it would of been way way better considering all the shit hes going through. Yeah MOTHER 3 is good, but i guess i can't REALLY say which is better because there both pretty different, there are many different things you would find and enjoy in Earthbound, there are many different things you would in enjoy in MOTHER 3.

Attached: 1504289379008.gif (200x200, 948K)

There is literally a chapter where you do drugs. Lucas is only silent when you play as him

Mother 3's points of no return every 3 steps you take can fuck right off

This is the correct answer.

Mother is a great game, the only reason it's not discussed as much is because Earthbound is pretty much a remake of it that improves every single aspect.

fpbp

I grew up with Earthbound and didn't really like M3. I still play EB once a year, I have only played M3 the one time. It didn't feel like a sequel and I never got drawn in to the game.

I am glad more people is starting to take the nostalgia lens off and seeing that m3 was way better not only in gameplay improvements but a stronger setting that makes sense and along with characters and story, which doesn't mean eb was a bad game.