Why does everyone hate him?

Why does everyone hate him?

Attached: Tidus.png (850x1200, 953K)

because Yea Forums told me to because of that one scene

Decent character poorly characterized. Also, dat voice.

He's a whiny little bitch and one of the worst characters in the series.

spoony started a hate train

Because for the first 2/3rds of the game he's a little bitch defined purely by his whininess and daddy issues (which is made especially grating when you see Jecht in flashbacks etc. and he's a really cool dude).

Tidus actually becomes quite a good character by the end of the game, but by that point he's massively overshadowed by other better party members like Auron, Wakka and Rikku.

Either you hate him or like him. A lot of people love FFX like me.

He wasn't a sack of self pity and misery.

He was a departure from brooding, stoic, 3cool5u JRPG that was popular throughout the PS1 era. People were expecting another Cloud or Squall, and got served a realistic look at a character with a shitty upbringing and absent father, who's used to all the attention because of his profound skills, and is thrust into a world-changing string of events where he has to play second fiddle to the real star of the show, even though his dad who fucked him over is the main point of conflict until he realises his destiny is to help his love interest do what she has to do. Titus being a self-centered, primadonna, hero in the making was fantastic characterizarion. Everyone just wanted Cloud 2.

There was a show on UPN at the time called Tidus and everyone hated that too.

Just a case of guilt by association.

VA is annoyingly shrill

He's a pretty good character when you observe his arc on paper but I still hate him because he's a big baby

>le cool monk man
>le racist man
>le jailbait

his voice mainly.

I thought it was on Fox, also that guy had father issues too.

His english VA

his voice actor did a good job
kys fags

most people will disagree, but I feel for you because it sucks having characters you liked getting memed on by zoomers

because his outfit is stupid

Really? I liked him.

People seem to think that it isn't possible to hate a well written character when that's basically what happens with Tidus. I'll talk all day how his story is good and how interesting his journey is, but I will be the first to say that I absolutely hate playing the game and watching him be annoying