LOOK AT THIS DUDE

LOOK AT THIS DUDE

Attached: grimoire.png (943x744, 744K)

>on sale AGAIN
thals on suicide watch

Sapes obviously can't comprehend Cleve's master plan.

>already down to 7 bucks from 40
holy shit, Thals BTFO

Wait a moment, what happened to him after releasing it and how much it sold? I still have the game somewhere in my pc but I still haven't touched it

>make retro game that will only appeal to a small section of gamers
>price it like a full game
>wonder why only a few people buy it
>re-release it at a lower price
>people still don't buy it since all the people it may have appealed to already forked over their money for the sake of nostalgia and giving rations to their lolcow

I wonder what went wrong here.

did he really sell it for 59.99 originally?

>the same retards are still defending cleve on the steam forums
it's really...weird, somehow. I'm not sure if it's him or just close friends or autists from rpgcodex

I don't recall the exact price, but it was expensive.

Yes. Then he rambled on about how the game will NEVER go on sale.

Nah, it was $40 initially. But the real kicker is that he swore it would never get discounts because of some retarded belief that it was truly worth that price. And as we see here, apparently it wasn't worth $40 to enough people.

>Mixed
WTF Cleve

Heartwarming that rpgcodex sticks by one of their own, regardless. It's almost as good as that time the brazillian guy jumped the throat of that tranny writing quran verses in xir's diaper to piss of Andhaira.

Goddamn it's almost been 2 years now? Also those tags lmao, he deserves it.

Attached: 1553318613252.jpg (800x720, 74K)

it's incredibly funny how they act though. In one thread, not even criticizing cleve, a codexer wrote
>see how alone you are? we all love the game and you don't see anyone complaining
it's hilarious, since everyone else is banned, me included

What happened to him saying it will NEVER EVER go on sale after the launch discount?

Attached: 1435736475016.jpg (5000x5000, 2.27M)

>tfw /ourguy/ cleve fell in battle to the mongoloids

His superior Neanderthal genetics was no match for the Homosapien masses.

I bet the sapes did this

>it's a cleve starts sperg out episode, with him writing about gay and tranny armies

is this game actually good tho?

I wish I still had the ss from the time the game released, and all the clever thinking

let me put it this way: you can get wizardry 6,7 or 8 for less.

>20 years to produce
>Should be the magnus opum of all the videogames.
>Its a dumpster fire and a laughingstock in every internet forum for months then disappears completely.

No.

It's a decent game
Pretty good for its niche
Pirated it and paid for it now that it's on sale

It's a mix of genuinely good ideas, awkward implementation and complexity for its own sake. It's not irredeemable or devoid of qualities but it's also not worth the original price.

First time see this game. Anyone can give me a run down?

It's okay, if you dig that style of old school CRPG you might want to check it out, but I'd still recommend checking out Wizardry 6-8 or the Might and Magic games if you've never played anything in the genre. Dungeon design is actually pretty good, and it's mostly competent otherwise, but lots of broken and poorly balanced mechanics and way more useless stats that do nothing than this type of game should have. The fact that Cleve was barely able to patch anything in the game and couldn't even figure out how the game worked enough to make a manual lends credence to the idea that he just swiped a copy of the Wizardy game he was on and payed for some shitty art to swap in and that this isn't something he's been actively working on.

Some absolute nutter who made dungeon crawlers back in the late 80s/early 90s made a game that was supposed to launch in 1997, but because of some advanced autism/feuding with former employers/colleagues he didn't release it for 20 years and spent most of the time shitposting on RPGCodex.

Then after hyping it up as the CRPG to end all CRPGs (including decades of disparaging comments about every CRPG made), it came out to mixed reviews and low sales. The game doesn't really do much that Wizardry/The Golden Box games didn't do back in the Clinton era.

its not a dumpster fire though, its a fine enough game if you like oldschool dungeon crawlers. The buzz around it is just the rest of the internet trying to latch onto RPGCodex memes a decade after the fact like they were in on the cleve train for the whole ride or like they even know why the whole thing is funny.

ayyyy lmaos basically

>The fact that Cleve was barely able to patch anything in the game and couldn't even figure out how the game worked enough to make a manual lends credence to the idea that he just swiped a copy of the Wizardy game he was on and payed for some shitty art to swap in and that this isn't something he's been actively working on.

Surely it wouldn't have taken decades to remove all the penis monsters from the unreleased Wizardry game.

it also doesn't take decades to make something like this game.

Attached: ss+(2019-04-28+at+06.48.56).png (270x516, 28K)

>In the mid 90s an insane American expat living in Australia gets hired as a coder to try and save a troubled Wizardry spinoff.
>Project gets shut down anyway and he spends the next two decades shitposting online about how Sirtech and the Australian studio he was working with were filled with homosexual pedophiles and degenerates
>Believes he's an actual Neanderthal
>Also spent this time hyping up his magnum-opus "Grimoire", the ultimate CRPG with 600+ hours of content
>Eventually it releases and it's merely an alright game, but we all had a good laugh at his expense

I have an easier time believing that it took 20 years for Cleve's big neanderthal brain to make a Wizardly clone from scratch than 20 years to swap some art assets desu.

Look at them yoyos

Attached: look at them yoyo s.jpg (960x720, 137K)

Why would you give your game such a long fucking name? Jesus christ I need half a tank of gas just to say it.

>rpgfag
>never been able to play blobbers for more than 5 minutes
maybe I'm retarded

Literally forgot this game existed. Didn't he say it would never go on sale?